Author Topic: Champions League Last 16 2nd Legs  (Read 22798 times)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Re: Champions League Last 16 2nd Legs
« Reply #840 on: March 17, 2023, 12:46:45 pm »
We? I didn't realise we were still in it 😉

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #841 on: March 17, 2023, 12:58:33 pm »
Hopefully City and Chelsea go out so can enjoy the semi's. A Milan derby semi would be a madness but any of the 4 will be good. Milan will knock Napoli out.

Milan will knock Napoli out on what planet?  They are 20 points behind them in the league, and thats probably flattering Milan if anything

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #842 on: March 17, 2023, 12:58:49 pm »
What a chance for one of the Italian sides or Benfica.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: March 17, 2023, 01:08:54 pm »
Milan will knock Napoli out on what planet?  They are 20 points behind them in the league, and thats probably flattering Milan if anything

Cool story. Being behind someone in a league table doesn't mean it's impossible to knock them out of a cup.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #844 on: March 17, 2023, 01:13:30 pm »
Cool story. Being behind someone in a league table doesn't mean it's impossible to knock them out of a cup.

No but Milan are pretty abysmal. If anything it is Inter with the better chance to KO Napoli

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: March 17, 2023, 01:13:41 pm »
We should know as well as anyone the difference European pedigree and history can make. Ofc ac milan have every chance

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: March 17, 2023, 01:20:44 pm »

Liverpool finished 37 points behind Chelsea when we knocked them out in 2005 , and were light years behind the Milan team we eventually beat . What is it they say about football ?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #847 on: March 17, 2023, 01:30:29 pm »
Yep, agree with the Milan shouts, a European pedigree and a touch of arrogance goes a long way, especially against a Napoli club that have zero real experience this late into a European Cup. I'd still fancy Napoli to go through but these intangibles make a difference.

I looked at the draw first and foremost with the hope that City got the toughest route, and so that's a positive, but for them, Bayern, Real and Chelsea to all be in the same half did get my antenna up slightly. UEFA are getting a bit of grief over the CL and how it's become predictable year on year with Spanish and English clubs dominating, and here we have a situation now where one of Inter, Milan, Benfica or Napoli are guaranteed to be in the Final, and only one of the "mainstays" of recent years can make it. Luck of the draw I suppose.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 01:32:21 pm by Macc77 »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #848 on: March 17, 2023, 01:30:52 pm »
Bayern to knock out Man City and then twat Real, after that I don't give a flying fuck who wins the whole thing...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: March 17, 2023, 01:53:03 pm »
Liverpool finished 37 points behind Chelsea when we knocked them out in 2005 , and were light years behind the Milan team we eventually beat . What is it they say about football ?

It's shit?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #850 on: March 17, 2023, 01:59:40 pm »
Real - Bayern and Napoli - Benfica in the semi's imo. Hopefully Bayern do the footballing world a favour and get the double over the cheating c*nts.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 02:01:22 pm by Tokyoite »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: March 17, 2023, 02:01:26 pm »
Real - Bayern and Napoli - Benfica in the semi's imo. Fucking hope Bayern don't lose to City.

It’d have to be a bottle job from Man City to lose to Bayern. There’s not one area where you’d say Bayern definitely have an advantage.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #852 on: March 17, 2023, 02:03:57 pm »
It’d have to be a bottle job from Man City to lose to Bayern. There’s not one area where you’d say Bayern definitely have an advantage.

Does their manager have a habit of overthinking things and doing mad stuff that blows up in his face in big European matches?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #853 on: March 17, 2023, 02:10:36 pm »
Really? I reckon overall they have a better team than City except upfront. Even if we say they are inferior, they have much more experience than City.
We'll see, hope I am right. Don't care as long City don't win it to be honest

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #854 on: March 17, 2023, 02:17:03 pm »
Don't mind who wins as long as it's not Abu Dhabi or Chelsea.

Would be great to see Benfica win it or even Napoli (despite their dreadful fans)

Although in a way it would be funny to see Chelsea equal Manchester United's (biggest club in the world they'll have you know) paltry return of 3 EC's.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: March 17, 2023, 02:18:38 pm »
Napoli going to win it.  8)

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: March 17, 2023, 04:01:54 pm »

I'm putting a fiver on Napoli

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #857 on: March 17, 2023, 04:11:31 pm »
Napoli are perennial bottlers but winning Serie A will give them confidence this season and the draw has worked perfectly in terms of them at least reaching the final.

Hopefully it's a Bayern/Real semi so I can not give a fuck. At least City haven't got Napoli's route.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: March 17, 2023, 04:15:26 pm »
Just watch Chelsea with Potter go thrugh against Real Madrid, just so we hate Real even more. I actually think they have a good chance.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: March 17, 2023, 05:13:33 pm »
Just watch Chelsea with Potter go thrugh against Real Madrid, just so we hate Real even more. I actually think they have a good chance.

Chelsea are at home in the second leg so no chance for Madrid to do their mad comeback shite they did last season. I too think they have a good chance.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: March 17, 2023, 08:33:00 pm »
Well todays euro draws are a (very) little bit of consolation following our departure. 

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: March 17, 2023, 08:35:00 pm »

They’ve picked up a couple of wins recently but prior their form was worse than ours.  Can’t see them beating this Madrid team.