Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 89301 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #40 on: February 6, 2023, 02:42:40 pm »
the williams also looks very similar to their 2022 livery, but it's got a bit more paint on it for the moment.

;D

No particular issue with some livery consistency, personally. The sponsors come along and make big changes every few years anyway, and so I quite like teams having a few seasons with a livery that defines their 'era'. Thinking of the sky blue & yellow Renaults being ace but the yellow & orange ones being crap, Hakkinen's winning grey McLaren's versus Raikkonen's nearly-cars in silver, etc.

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/1622596594955702278

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #41 on: February 6, 2023, 04:40:59 pm »

It's a great letter.

He makes the point that the F1 support for Ukraine and cancelling the Russian GP (actions he applauds & supports) is in stark contrast to the approach to Sadui, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, who have all involved themselves in a civil war in Yemen, launching multiple air attacks and military incursions that have murdered thousands of Yemenis.

As in, all criticism of the human rights abuses, the misogyny, the modern slavery that these despotic regimes partake in, is to be outlawed.

Excellently worded:

"When the FIA and F1 choose to grant races to some of the world's most repressive regimes, like Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, they are facilitating sports-washing and allowing these dictatorships to launder their horrifying rights records. It is seriously disturbing to see the FIA now mimicking the tactics of its despotic business partners by attempting to muzzle the voices of critics and advocates.
Where the FIA and F1 failed, it was drivers like Lewis Hamilton who stood up and called out abuse, and his vocal support for political prisoners in Bahrain shed light on appalling injustice.
Now, the FIA wants to silence him and others, and punish them if they dare to speak out. We are saying to Mohammed Ben Sulayem that this policy is wrong and it must be reversed immediately."

Albon latest to speak out against the gagging of drivers - primarily so they can't speak out against the shitstained Middle East dictatorships (who pump money into F1 for sportwashing reasons)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/64539592

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42 on: February 6, 2023, 08:35:01 pm »
I’m guessing we won’t see the real cars until the testing… Will Mercedes have side pods or not?!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #43 on: February 6, 2023, 10:29:11 pm »
https://twitter.com/FordPerformance/status/1621523314060709888

Red Bull better win some more Championships until 2026, because they won't win one with those cars in the video... ;)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #44 on: February 6, 2023, 10:31:53 pm »
I’m guessing we won’t see the real cars until the testing… Will Mercedes have side pods or not?!

I read something the other day about them changing their philosophy or something like that

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 6, 2023, 10:39:27 pm »
I'm hoping this is finally going to be the comeback season for Olivier Panis.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #46 on: February 7, 2023, 12:32:33 pm »

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #47 on: February 7, 2023, 02:15:28 pm »
Brundle seems to think it'll look dark etc on telly in overcast weather. We'll see.

It looks decent in those pics

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #48 on: February 7, 2023, 08:56:18 pm »
Last year’s Alfa was probably my favourite livery.  This one looks rubbish, imo.  I hate this new weight-saving trend of having just dull black across half the livery.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #49 on: February 8, 2023, 09:08:32 am »
Am I right in thinking that's the first 2023 spec car out?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2023, 01:32:12 pm »
Thought the Alfa looked great personally

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2023, 10:28:24 am »
Another really nice Alpha Tauri livery - think these (/STR) have been doing a great job with the paintwork ever since 2017, when the switched to the blue/red/silver, and through these later navy & white liveries.

https://twitter.com/AlphaTauriF1/status/1624539274589634560

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2023, 10:32:03 am »
I generally prefer 3 colour cars to 2 colour cars. That looks alright

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2023, 01:53:44 pm »
Quite a different tunnels on the side of the Williams today
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2023, 02:20:21 pm »
when is testing

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2023, 02:23:37 pm »
W

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2023, 02:23:58 pm »
Thanks, ill keep an eye on it

autosport site usually does good coverage

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2023, 05:21:30 pm »
Would've been nice to see some more blue. Scooped out side pods everywhere though

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2023, 06:04:43 pm »
I hate the chrome branding everywhere on the car, far too much going on.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 06:09:11 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2023, 06:16:56 pm »
Would've been nice to see some more blue. Scooped out side pods everywhere though

Side-pods similar to the Williams …. What wil the Mercedes bring?  Side pods or not?!
I’m betting they will have changed to the same as others myself
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2023, 06:23:59 pm »
The Merc will have side pods.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2023, 06:27:32 pm »
Side-pods similar to the Williams …. What wil the Mercedes bring?  Side pods or not?!
I’m betting they will have changed to the same as others myself

Both remind me of the 2022 Alpha Tauri and the RB of course.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2023, 06:40:22 pm »
The Merc will have side pods.
I think so…

I hope not… because I love different engineering solutions …but I think the way forwards is clear
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2023, 07:31:09 pm »
unsurprisingly the aston has the same livery as last year.

the nose looks like everyone else's now, unlike last year.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2023, 07:32:22 pm »
And it’s side pods do too..

W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2023, 10:54:46 am »
https://twitter.com/autosport/status/1625446539643564032

it looks pretty much the same as last year, but I'm glad they went with the name on the rear wing like they did in the 'monza' look. much better than just being plain black.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2023, 10:57:33 am »
Rear wing is perfect.

Very similar to last year, was already a great looking car.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2023, 02:11:16 pm »
I feel like the design philosophies have converged awfully quickly in the 2022+ ruleset. Be good if it produces closer racing, but it isn't good for those of us getting into middle age who can tell you which season a pre-2012 photo is from from a front wing endplate but couldn't tell you the difference between the past 5 McLarens.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2023, 09:53:11 am »
Much like a fairly well known band were, mercedes are back in black

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2023, 09:55:48 am »
All I see are a load of sportswashing races.
Hope Hamilton wins them all in a full rainbow kit and paintjob.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2023, 09:58:41 am »

Definitely differently shaped "side pods" to everyone else.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 10:00:51 am by Trump's tiny tiny hands »

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2023, 10:02:49 am »

Quite hard to see from this angle, but it looks like they've carried on with the flattened sidepods.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2023, 10:03:29 am »

Definitely differently shaped "side pods" to everyone else.

Beat me to it...and comprehensively, too!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2023, 10:03:50 am »
No paint, weight saving  ;D

Does look very nice though.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2023, 10:07:58 am »
Ok… the question I have is ….will it still have no side pods come testing next week?

And those openings…are they bigger than last season??

And if they knew where they went wrong with last season’s development, where was that? Because they said they had too much drag, and the thing was thinner than Kate Moss’s thighs… I could never work out where it came from.

I hope it’s good, I hope it’s the actual design.. because it’s a different solution when everything else is darn near identical
W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2023, 10:13:21 am »
Ok… the question I have is ….will it still have no side pods come testing next week?

And those openings…are they bigger than last season??

And if they knew where they went wrong with last season’s development, where was that? Because they said they had too much drag, and the thing was thinner than Kate Moss’s thighs… I could never work out where it came from.

I hope it’s good, I hope it’s the actual design.. because it’s a different solution when everything else is darn near identical
It does have sidepods? (or bigger than last year anyway)

Air intake is definately bigger though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 10:15:54 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2023, 10:13:56 am »

Quite hard to see from this angle, but it looks like they've carried on with the flattened sidepods.

The front on pic shows the big difference from last year. A lot more squared off, bigger air inlet and more shape outwards after the louvers.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2023, 10:18:52 am »

Apparently, 3kgs UNDER weight limit  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2023, 10:19:46 am »
Interesting photos!

But at the bottom of the side pod, it protrudes much less far… so they’ve moved the volume elsewhere
W