Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1068932 times)

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #200 on: January 1, 2023, 07:50:58 pm »
Isn't one of the main problems with us signing more players our squad size?   Isn't there a regulation on how many first team players we can register?  Won't be easy to offload Ox and Naby in this window unless we give them away.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #201 on: January 1, 2023, 07:52:50 pm »
Has looked good on the YouTube compilations I watched when he was linked a few months ago, about as much as I can add.

But he can run and tackle so instant improvement, get him in.

I'm all for it. Grab him and Thuram in this window for relative peanuts and jack shit for risk - the way values are going, we could sell them in summer for 100 million apiece.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: January 1, 2023, 07:53:33 pm »
I mean, if you believe that they can't see the evidence of their own eyes or the mountain of stats that tell us that the midfield is broken, ok, but I don't think so for a second. Which is why I assume we are buying a midfielder this window. Anything else is insanity, really. No way our manager and his team can't see what is happening every game. There's loyalty and there's ignoring reality.

Same owners that wouldn't buy a defender when we needed one though,maybe they think that we'll get lucky and our Keeper will again come to the rescue with a bicycle kick in the 93rd minute
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 1, 2023, 07:54:36 pm »
I'm all for it. Grab him and Thuram in this window for relative peanuts and jack shit for risk - the way values are going, we could sell them in summer for 100 million apiece.

Think we should go for the player that Benfica are after to replace Enzo, cut out the middle man.  Can't remember what his name was, but I think he was another Argentinian.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 1, 2023, 07:56:33 pm »
Isn't one of the main problems with us signing more players our squad size?   Isn't there a regulation on how many first team players we can register?  Won't be easy to offload Ox and Naby in this window unless we give them away.

How many have Chelsea got ?

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 1, 2023, 07:57:30 pm »

How many have Chelsea got ?

I would not like my club run the same way as Chelsea.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 1, 2023, 07:59:24 pm »

Same owners that wouldn't buy a defender when we needed one though,maybe they think that we'll get lucky and our Keeper will again come to the rescue with a bicycle kick in the 93rd minute

Or the boss said no, I want Konate, I'll get by with what I've got rather than buy a player I don't want
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 1, 2023, 08:02:54 pm »
Some rumours about Juve looking to offload Rabiot and Mckennie,anyone think either of those would work for us?
https://fbref.com/en/players/01c3aff5/Weston-McKennie
https://fbref.com/en/players/8794e251/Adrien-Rabiot
doubt it

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 1, 2023, 08:06:56 pm »
I would not like my club run the same way as Chelsea.

Me neither,was an honest question.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 1, 2023, 08:10:32 pm »
Me neither,was an honest question.

I haven't got a clue, they are run a game of Championship Manager.  I thought the whole loan system was changed because they were herding young talent and loaning them out to the same clubs?  I guess they just don't register or plan to sell some of their squad in January?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 1, 2023, 08:12:56 pm »
Max 17 non Home grown players pretty sure that that maxed out currently.
Also Ox and Naby would have to agreed to leave i dont see why they would do that

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 1, 2023, 08:16:50 pm »
It is interesting how people who have never seen Arthur play dismiss the idea of signing him on a permanent deal, yet they are willing to sign James Ward-Prowse  ;D

Yeah, Arthur is a good player that would be an upgrade on both Milner and Ox in the midfield. 

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: January 1, 2023, 08:17:19 pm »
Max 17 non Home grown players pretty sure that that maxed out currently.
Also Ox and Naby would have to agreed to leave i dont see why they would do that

Think we have 16 including Cody at the moment, so we can fit in one more non home-grown if we don't shift anyone.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 1, 2023, 08:18:06 pm »
Thankfully, there’s been zero indication we plan on making it permanent. Hopefully it stays that way.

I don’t get this.  We obviously have a limited budget, we are losing 3 midfielders in the summer, he’s an upgrade on 2 of them and is available for a decent fee. 

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 1, 2023, 08:20:42 pm »
I don’t get this.  We obviously have a limited budget, we are losing 3 midfielders in the summer, he’s an upgrade on 2 of them and is available for a decent fee.

I think people are judging him on his injury record?  I'm not passing judgement on him until I see him play more than the 30 odd mins (I think it was that much?) he has for us.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 1, 2023, 08:20:53 pm »
Think we have 16 including Cody at the moment, so we can fit in one more non home-grown if we don't shift anyone.
It was 16 with the 23 man squad in Aug/Sep. Cody makes that 17 with 7 homegrown players

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 1, 2023, 08:23:46 pm »
It was 16 with the 23 man squad in Aug/Sep. Cody makes that 17 with 7 homegrown players

Do players under a certain count?  If not, we have no room in our squad for anyone else unless we ship some out.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 1, 2023, 08:25:42 pm »
Another Ecuadorian source saying we bid 60 mill for Caicedo…

https://mobile.twitter.com/ecuadorenvivo/status/1609640887700561920

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 1, 2023, 08:26:55 pm »
Do players under a certain count?  If not, we have no room in our squad for anyone else unless we ship some out.
u21s are Jones, Elliott,Carvalho,Bajcetic,Ramsay, Gordon

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #219 on: January 1, 2023, 08:28:09 pm »

Its just noise. They've got to make their money somehow. They're actually quoting the Telegraph as their source.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 1, 2023, 08:28:46 pm »

The dark webs saying if we get to 75 million via installments or whatever we get him.  :D

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 1, 2023, 08:29:21 pm »
u21s are Jones, Elliott,Carvalho,Bajcetic,Ramsay, Gordon
Looking at our squad below, we need to de-register someone to fit Cody in...

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Kelleher*, Adrian

Defenders: Van Dijk, Matip, Konate, Gomez*, Phillips*, Alexander-Arnold*, Robertson, Tsimikas

Midfielders: Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson*, Keita, Arthur, Milner*, Oxlade-Chamberlain*

Forwards: Salah, Jota, Diaz, Firmino, Nunez

Notable U21s: Elliott, Jones, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Ramsay, Gordon

The only option would be to send Arthur back or sign Bellingham  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 1, 2023, 08:30:08 pm »
Its just noise. They've got to make their money somehow. They're actually quoting the Telegraph as their source.

Mate, when it comes to us these days foreign journalism is better than local ones. only Joyce is relaible but that's when it's complete he announces it.  :D

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 1, 2023, 08:31:09 pm »
The dark webs saying if we get to 75 million via installments or whatever we get him.  :D

To be fair I’m warming to the idea of him, he does everything that our midfield is missing atm.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #224 on: January 1, 2023, 08:34:04 pm »
Mate, when it comes to us these days foreign journalism is better than local ones. only Joyce is relaible but that's when it's complete he announces it.  :D

Well, we'll see. I'm calling BS on it though. I think you're so desperate for a signing you'll believe any rumor at this point, mate.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 1, 2023, 08:35:41 pm »
I believe none of it till Joyce or Orny. I just deliver the messages to the forum.  :D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 1, 2023, 08:37:37 pm »
Looking at our squad below, we need to de-register someone to fit Cody in...

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Kelleher*, Adrian

Defenders: Van Dijk, Matip, Konate, Gomez*, Phillips*, Alexander-Arnold*, Robertson, Tsimikas

Midfielders: Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson*, Keita, Arthur, Milner*, Oxlade-Chamberlain*

Forwards: Salah, Jota, Diaz, Firmino, Nunez

Notable U21s: Elliott, Jones, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Ramsay, Gordon

The only option would be to send Arthur back or sign Bellingham  ;D
That 16 non home grown, 2 Keepers, 5 Defender, 4 in MF and 5 Forwards.
I think Bellingham or somebody like bennacer(I think qualifies as homegrown with his youth days at arsenal) granted I dont think he leaving AC Milan or Liverpool are in for him rn but basically would need to be u21 or qualify as homegrown to buy in Jan. Have 1 homegrown spot available(Also Jones is going to take a Homegrown spot next year, Likely for Ox)
Arthur loan cant be cancelled, international loans are for the year.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #227 on: January 1, 2023, 08:42:01 pm »
Arthur and even Adrian can open a foreign quota place, if it needs be. In fact, Arthur might be used more than Adrian if he stayed, however unlikely that may seem now.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 1, 2023, 08:43:06 pm »
We aren't signing Caicedo in my opinion.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 1, 2023, 08:47:24 pm »
Arthur and even Adrian can open a foreign quota place, if it needs be. In fact, Arthur might be used more than Adrian if he stayed, however unlikely that may seem now.
Still need a 3rd goalie, dont think Klopp going to do. if Arthur back from injury would expect him to be used.
obv we will see but just dont see it happening rn

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 1, 2023, 08:52:49 pm »
We aren't signing Caicedo in my opinion.

Don't think so at least not now,Brighton want a special price for not that special a player.

Quoted asking price at £85m so presumably would cost over 70,Chelsea prices.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 1, 2023, 09:00:57 pm »
Yeah, Arthur is a good player that would be an upgrade on both Milner and Ox in the midfield. 

You don't get 22 caps for Brazil by the age of 23 if you are not a good player. Many people don't watch South American football, and don't know that Arthur was a regular for Brazil in their 2019 Copa America winning team. He has also played a significant role on Barcelona's 2018/19 title winning team. Then, in the summer of 2020, the suspicious swap deal with Pjanic happened, and since then his career went off the tracks.

I don't know how much of his quality is still there, but he is only 26 years old, and I am curious to see what he has to offer when fully fit ...

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 1, 2023, 09:05:10 pm »
Still need a 3rd goalie,

Harvey Davies could easily take that slot.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 1, 2023, 09:05:23 pm »
You don't get 22 caps for Brazil by the age of 23 if you are not a good player. Many people don't watch South American football, and don't know that Arthur was a regular for Brazil in their 2019 Copa America winning team. He has also played a significant role on Barcelona's 2018/19 title winning team. Then, in the summer of 2020, the suspicious swap deal with Pjanic happened, and since then his career went off the tracks.

I don't know how much of his quality is still there, but he is only 26 years old, and I am curious to see what he has to offer when fully fit ...
I main the main issue with Arthur, is that he's fucking injured, so it doesn't matter how good he is.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #234 on: January 1, 2023, 09:06:10 pm »
Still need a 3rd goalie, dont think Klopp going to do. if Arthur back from injury would expect him to be used.

Kelleher misses an awful lot of games and Ali's had injuries so you can't be too careful. It didn't make a lot of sense wasting a non-HG spot on a 3rd choice keeper in the summer though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #235 on: January 1, 2023, 09:06:14 pm »
He’s played 20 minutes since he joined the club and doesn’t possess the traits we need in a midfielder at the moment.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 1, 2023, 09:07:45 pm »
I main the main issue with Arthur, is that he's fucking injured, so it doesn't matter how good he is.

Well, he is back to training next week, so we will have the chance to see how good he is, hopefully before the end of the month ...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #237 on: January 1, 2023, 09:08:06 pm »
I don't think it will happen either, but if we desperately need a foreign spot for a first-choice midfield player, we can and will definitely do something.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 1, 2023, 09:08:23 pm »
Would Caicedo take a non-homegrown slot in the squad with him being 21?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #239 on: January 1, 2023, 09:09:27 pm »

I dunno, Kleberson wasn’t far off that and he was famously shit
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.