Author Topic: The Sack Race  (Read 49840 times)

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Sack Race
« Reply #80 on: October 7, 2021, 09:11:41 pm »
Bruce's days at the barcodes must be numbered after the takeover today.

Still get a nice pay off and he will get another gig elsewhere he will say  kept Newcastle up and had to work under Ashley.

Watford will be looking for someone again soon haha

Offline Worgie

• Main Stander
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2021, 11:47:28 pm »
Congratulations on your win!

Thanks mate. Heard the news in the car on the way to the City game, 8 weeks so walked away with the princely sum of £24, enough for a take away.  :)

News hadn't broken about Newcastle when we made our new selections so none of us picked Bruce. New picks are:-

My son: Ranieri - he reckons since that season at Leicester he has done nothing and owner will soon run out of patience.
Mrs Worgie: Farke - eventually results will mean something will have to give.
Me: Nuno at Spurs, obviously not first choice in the summer and a few bad results could see him in trouble.

Apart from the obvious Bruce situation who do you think is next? I was tempted to go with Ole but would quite like him to keep his job for a while yet 8)
RAI TV Commentator May 2005 - "If Milan score in the first 20 minutes they will win!"  Yeah Right!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2021, 03:24:17 pm »
Thanks mate. Heard the news in the car on the way to the City game, 8 weeks so walked away with the princely sum of £24, enough for a take away.  :)

News hadn't broken about Newcastle when we made our new selections so none of us picked Bruce. New picks are:-

My son: Ranieri - he reckons since that season at Leicester he has done nothing and owner will soon run out of patience.
Me: Nuno at Spurs, obviously not first choice in the summer and a few bad results could see him in trouble.

Apart from the obvious Bruce situation who do you think is next? I was tempted to go with Ole but would quite like him to keep his job for a while yet 8)

Your son should have stuck with Hassenhuttl
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Worgie

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: November 2, 2021, 11:22:26 pm »

So that is 2 out of 2 for me so far this season  :)

Not so sure who to go for next.... Any thoughts?
RAI TV Commentator May 2005 - "If Milan score in the first 20 minutes they will win!"  Yeah Right!

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #84 on: November 2, 2021, 11:28:05 pm »
Smith getting the boot from Villa.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 3, 2021, 02:04:50 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 3, 2021, 09:53:40 am »
Might be Rafa

Next 3 games are Spurs,  City and Brentford
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Worgie

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2021, 11:22:29 pm »
Didn't even have time to update our selections on here before the next two were gone!

My wife and my son stuck with their previous selections, Ranieri & Ole. I decided to go with Farke, thinking he was either going to go before it was too late or they would stick with him!

Last Friday, I was wishing I had gone for Smith, then after Norwich beat Brentford it looked like Farke was safe. Couldn't make it up when after all those defeats he then goes.

Think it could be a while until the next casualty, wife and son are sticking with their selections, I'm going with Hassenhuttl. Considered Everton but too much respect for Rafa.

Hopefully it won't be Ole  :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 11:24:26 pm by Worgie »

Offline Worgie

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: August 3, 2022, 12:09:59 am »
Ok it is that time of the year again, well actually thanks to that bloody world cup it is a bit earlier than usual.

Time to make my selection for the sack race ....

Think of the promoted sides Forest and Fulham will do ok. Bournemouth I am not so sure.

Brentford might have a tough start losing Eriksen, but to be Frank I think Thomas has enough credit in the bank to keep him out of trouble.

Think I will go for the other Frank across the park, but that just might be because I want it to happen!

Who is your pick for this season?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #89 on: August 3, 2022, 12:53:42 am »
Hassenhuttl or Rodgers first to go

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 3, 2022, 01:10:01 am »
Fat Frank.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 3, 2022, 01:25:41 am »
Rodger’s is a good shout. They look like they’re going backwards.

A more surprising one but likely imo if they have a bad start is tuchel. They’ve sacked a load of the board and chech already so I’m not sure it would take much to give him the bullet since he’s not their man and they probably will want their own man sooner rather than later.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #92 on: August 3, 2022, 03:21:07 am »
Everton and Southampton I can see struggling. So one of those two prob.

Depends if the likes of Silva keep on complaining tho

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 3, 2022, 04:16:42 am »
Rodger’s is a good shout. They look like they’re going backwards.

A more surprising one but likely imo if they have a bad start is tuchel. They’ve sacked a load of the board and chech already so I’m not sure it would take much to give him the bullet since he’s not their man and they probably will want their own man sooner rather than later.

Accountants at Leicester must be getting twitchy with all the spending on the training complex and stadium plans.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #94 on: August 3, 2022, 04:19:20 am »
I hope Lampard wins this honour this season.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 3, 2022, 04:21:22 am »
I hope Lampard wins this honour this season.

So does he probably.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 3, 2022, 04:34:14 am »
rodgers and fat frank i think

would it be too much to ask that fat frank ruins the squad beyond any hope that they get relegated as well?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #97 on: August 3, 2022, 06:46:14 am »

would it be too much to ask that fat frank ruins the squad beyond any hope that they get relegated as well?

No expectations on Everton and they all think Lampard's wonderful, so he doesn't need to do much.

Rodgers will be able to play down expectations massively after no signings but things unravel for him.after a while and he cant turn around bad form. He needs a good start.

I could see Parker gone early at Bournemouth. That's a a Championship side from back to front and he couldn't do.anything with  fulham side with more quality.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 3, 2022, 07:18:06 am »
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #99 on: August 3, 2022, 08:05:11 am »

You can't ruin whats already been ruined. That is a relegation fighting squad, they have very little quality going forward and if Mina does his usual sick note impression they barely have a defense. Fat Frank is going to have a tough season
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 3, 2022, 08:20:05 am »
No shout out for Arteta this season, usually a very popular choice.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 3, 2022, 08:28:11 am »

It's who will get the tin tack first, not who should. He could get you relegated and they still wouldn't bin him.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 3, 2022, 08:29:35 am »
I think there is 3 clear candidates this year

Lampard, Ralph Hasenhuttl and Rodgers

People say the promoted teams are always the most likely to sack first but I dont see it happening with Parker or Cooper and Marco is 50/50.

But Lampard, Ralph and Rodgers were all be under immense pressure from the get go. Especially Lampard imo, no experience, no leeway and Everton cant afford a relegation. I think Rodgers has been on a downward trajectory with that team and no signings doesnt bode well for him, he does have some built up leeway though since he won the FA Cup for them

Ralph has looked on the brink of being done for a couple seasons now and they just spent a bunch of money, if they start poorly he %100 is going

And to answer that other poster - Arteta will be given the season no matter what imo. But no Top 4 after the money theyve spent the last two seasons youd have to say he will be gone end of the season. In saying that I think there is a good chance of Top 4 as United and Chelsea both in transition periods and Arsenal are solidified with a young team

Just whether Arteta has the nous to get it done
« Last Edit: August 3, 2022, 08:33:44 am by CanuckYNWA »

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 3, 2022, 08:34:53 am »
It's who will get the tin tack first, not who should. He could get you relegated and they still wouldn't bin him.

Trust the process.

I think brave Scotty Parker might go first, might actually fall out with Bournemouth and walk.
They asked him if they can stay up this season and he said no. I think they’ve lost a few players and possibly not signed anyone at all, which is a bit mental

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 3, 2022, 08:41:45 am »
Trust the process.

I think brave Scotty Parker might go first, might actually fall out with Bournemouth and walk.
They asked him if they can stay up this season and he said no. I think they’ve lost a few players and possibly not signed anyone at all, which is a bit mental

Bournemouth are absolute certainties to go. If Cooper had a full season at Forest they'd be the other promoted team and Bournemouth would've been slogging it in the playoffs and I don't believe they'd have won them.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 3, 2022, 09:12:57 am »
He'll be managing Everton before the end of the season.

Don't think he'll be first to go though.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #107 on: August 3, 2022, 09:19:12 am »
Scott Parker might end up being a bit like Farke at Norwich, where they acknowledge he's good at getting them promoted and they fully expect relegation and so keep him.....

but both him and the Fulham boss have been pretty outspoken in the last week about their lack of signings. And they really dont have a nice start.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #108 on: August 3, 2022, 09:27:31 am »
My predictions:

Everton will hold onto Lampard long after he's put them in the shit and get Dyche in later on.

Brentford will have a difficult second season and Frank may be at risk later on.

Bournemouth will go down but probably give Parker another shot in the Championship.

Tuchel's side will be hot and cold, struggle to gel and he'll walk at some stage - especially if Newcastle are doing well and indicate he'd have 4 windows to build any side he wants.

Stevie for me is at risk, it doesn't feel a nice fit with him at Villa.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 3, 2022, 11:55:44 pm »
Gerrard
Tuchel
Brave Scotty
Brendy
Eddie Howe
Fatty
Ten Hag

Will all be gone before the end of the season.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #110 on: August 3, 2022, 11:59:01 pm »
Frank James Lampard to go first

*Surely* this is the season Hassenhuttl goes too
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 4, 2022, 12:18:48 am »
Frank James Lampard to go first

*Surely* this is the season Hassenhuttl goes too
Hassenhuttl can look forward to a cushy consultancy role with Abu Dhabi, after taking so much of their deadwood for massive fees.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #112 on: August 4, 2022, 05:21:57 pm »
Going with Bruno Lage.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 4, 2022, 05:30:48 pm »
Hassenhuttl can look forward to a cushy consultancy role with Abu Dhabi, after taking so much of their deadwood for massive fees.
To be fair they picked up Livramento similarly from Chelsea last year and he was very good.

It doesn't feel like many managers are starting the season with the sword already hanging over them.  Both the sides that narrowly escaped relegation replaced their managers towards the end so they'll have a bit of goodwill for the first few months.

I reckon Rodgers could be a decent bet as the expectations of Leicester fans and reality have been a long way apart since 2015.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 4, 2022, 05:40:59 pm »
Lampard isn't going anywhere. The blueshite absolutely adore him.

Parker will be in trouble from the off like Farke last season.

Rodgers if they start badly as he's hopeless at turning around bad form and they were shite last season.

Hasenhuttl could be in trouble as they were shocking back end of last season.

Anyone who starts badly can quickly be in trouble, but it's most likely one of them.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #116 on: August 4, 2022, 09:55:06 pm »
It's between Jesse Marsch, Frank Lampard and Brendan Rodgers. I hate to say it, but Steven Gerrard might even be a shout now that his honeymoon phase is well and truly over. Out of all of them, I hope it's Rodgers. He makes my skin crawl.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 4, 2022, 10:09:52 pm »
Forgot about Marsch. He's in the mix as well. Leeds fans not really taken to him after losing Bielsa and like Everton got lucky in them staying up.

Lost Phillips and Raphina their two best players and still suffering from ongoing injuries from last season.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: August 4, 2022, 10:41:41 pm »
Not an easy call this now that Watford is not in the prem. I reckon Silva, Marsch or Parker are the most likely.

Southampton look weak but Hassenhuthl has kept them up in the past 2-3 seasons when they probably had one of the weaker squads in the league. I think he has lot of goodwill and won't get sacked even if they are low in the table.

Can see Gerrard getting the sack if Villa finishes in the bottom half and Arteta getting the sack if Arsenal don't finish in the top 4. Both teams have spent big money for the past few years and should be doing better.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #119 on: August 4, 2022, 11:50:04 pm »
Wonder if Rodgers will make it past the 4th of October
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D