Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 957283 times)

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp 4th Anniversary
« Reply #120 on: October 8, 2019, 08:49:01 pm »
I’ve just typed out loads of bollocks and deleted it as if was overly soppy. Thank christ for this man. Savour every game we have him and every european adventure we all have. Hes shown my generation just how joyous football can be

Edit: just found this from 4 years ago
I always remember the night dortmund overturned malaga. Klopps got something special. Love his passion and the speed dortmund used to play with
« Last Edit: October 8, 2019, 09:05:33 pm by aggerdid »
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #121 on: October 8, 2019, 08:49:26 pm »
Magnificent person
Magnificent manager

Perfect fit for Liverpool Football Club

:champ

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: October 8, 2019, 08:58:27 pm »
We all thought and more importantly hoped he'd be good but did we really think he'd be this good?

Our club is unrecognisable now to the one he arrived at 4 years ago.

Please stay a wee bit longer than you planned Jurgen [emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 8, 2019, 09:26:13 pm »
I wasn't happy with Brendan going... long story that doesn't need going over, but I think it was a day or maybe 2/3 days when Klopp first got linked to us - not sure who by, but I, like so many of us.. all? Just went yes... do that. From about 6 months in - please stay for good. I'd enjoy a relegation scrap in 15 years with him... the season where things didn't go so well.

He is almost everything you'd ever want in a manager. It's been a fucking blast and long may it continue.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #124 on: October 8, 2019, 09:37:08 pm »
Without doubt my favourite ever LFC manager. (Wasn't alive through the years of Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish!)

I was brought up during the Shankly years, but Bob Paisley has always been my favourite manager though.

Klopp is obviously is a million miles away in terms of personality to Bob, but I love his infectious madness, and the fact what he has turned our club around from top to bottom in 4 years makes him my all time fave manager now.

Klopp has reignited my love for the game which was fading by the day for one reason or another, apathy had taken over my passion for footy, now I'm like a fuckin big kid again,win or lose  living and breathing LFC!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 8, 2019, 10:19:51 pm »
Four more years please.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 8, 2019, 10:27:12 pm »
I remember how jaded I felt when he first arrived, after everything that happened with Hicks and Gillette I'd really fallen out of love with football as a sport and Liverpool as a club. I didn't recognise the team I'd grown up supporting, and that wasn't because of a lack of success (I grew up in the 90s afterall) but because everything just felt a bit disparate. I'd adored Rafa and when he was sacked a little piece of me went with him. With the H&G regime and then another set of Americans in charge it felt like the club was moving further away from its soul than ever.

When Klopp took over I remember feeling quite cautious, he had an amazing reputation but we'd been burned before. Then in 2016 when we lost the UEFA Cup final I remember feeling as disappointed as I ever have about a game of football. I thought that game was going to be a turning point, our first piece of silverware in years, entry into the Champions League, the fostering of a 'winning mentality'. For some reason I'd got it into my head that it was a bit of a last chance saloon for us, I couldn't see how we picked ourselves up after losing that.

How incredibly wrong I was. Yes, there was more heartbreak to come but by the time we'd lost the CL final in 2018 and the league title by one point in 2019, I had turned from a doubter into a believer. I didn't have that feeling of hopelessness or despair, Jurgen Klopp had completely changed my perception of football. I'm seeing things I never thought I'd see from a Liverpool team. Last season we came so close to winning the double but in my mind that was something that teams in the 70s did, something that my dad witnessed - it never even occurred to me that I might one day see a team do it. I'd seen a Liverpool team win a CL before, I'd seen us challenge for league titles too, but to do both at the same time is something completely new. This year I think we're going to win the league, I've said it from day one, but even if we don't we've got Jurgen Klopp and as long as he's here we'll win it someday. It's an absolute privilege to have this man managing our club, let's just appreciate every second of it.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #127 on: October 8, 2019, 10:56:10 pm »
Wish Jurgen could see all the comments in this thread

I hope he knows how much we adore him here

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #128 on: October 8, 2019, 11:22:56 pm »
Four years. How time flies when we're having fun.

It's worth re-watching his first press conference - how happy he was to be here, how well he understood where we were, and how well he articulated where we needed to be. He was the absolute perfect fit at the perfect time.

Doubters to believers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pV_cRk9YPpA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pV_cRk9YPpA</a>
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 8, 2019, 11:29:46 pm »
I was brought up during the Shankly years, but Bob Paisley has always been my favourite manager though.

Klopp is obviously is a million miles away in terms of personality to Bob, but I love his infectious madness, and the fact what he has turned our club around from top to bottom in 4 years makes him my all time fave manager now.

Klopp has reignited my love for the game which was fading by the day for one reason or another, apathy had taken over my passion for footy, now I'm like a fuckin big kid again,win or lose  living and breathing LFC!

Same. I actually stopped going to anfield after Hodgson. I was still going back then, but just had enough. Rodgers gave us a great 13/14, but Klopp has reinvigorated the likes of me. I love watching our games, the way we play, the philosophy that Klopp is instilling into the squad, club and fanbase. We’re lucky to have him and he feels lucky to be our manager. He gets the club, the history, the emotional side of a fanbase that’s been through so many highs and lows, glories and tragedies. I don’t care if people call us a cult, there’s something special about this club and the city, as shown by the fans in Madrid and Liverpool before and after the CL win. I just wish my grandad was around to have seen Klopp as manager. He convinced me to support Liverpool instead of Everton (both parents are blues). Thanks grandad!
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #130 on: October 9, 2019, 12:23:14 am »
Jurgen Klopp is the G.O.A.T.

10 year contract please with a salary raise review every 2 years.

A statue. A road of houses. And a Klopp Park as a back garden.

Thank you Sir.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 9, 2019, 01:15:34 am »
Think he ends his time here as a consensus top 3 Liverpool FC manager

Shankly and Paisley for differing reasons would be hard to shift from top 2 but defo see him leapfrogging the rest (even The King) by the time he is done.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 9, 2019, 01:32:08 am »
Was this ever posted on here?  I don't recall but it had to have been.  Either way I think we as fans are amazingly lucky in that we have not only one of the best in the world at what he does but someone that is able to relate to you and I, at least to some degree. 

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #133 on: October 9, 2019, 01:34:31 am »
Think he ends his time here as a consensus top 3 Liverpool FC manager

Shankly and Paisley for differing reasons would be hard to shift from top 2 but defo see him leapfrogging the rest (even The King) by the time he is done.

It tells you a lot about this club when you look at the names we'd have to move to one side in order to install Klopp in the top three of LFC managers.

Bill Shankly will always be my No 1. I was lucky enough to remember him managing us, and even today I get goose bumps when I see certain photos of him or hear him talk. That man built something from the ground up. A great man and a great philosopher too. Bob Paisley was a quiet genius. A modest, beautiful genius.

Klopp is right up there with them. He reawakened a stuttering giant and instilled fire in its belly. He acknowledged our history but made sure we stopped living in it. Where there was doubt, he instilled belief. Instead of trying to recreate history, he wanted us to make our own. Our train was in the sidings, but he threw the switch that put us right back on the track again. He has a philosophy similar to Bill Shankly and a modesty like Bob Paisley. Despite that, he's his own man with his own qualities. I can't think of another man anywhere in the world who is a better fit for Liverpool than Klopp.

I just hope he decides to stay long after his current contract. This man can build a dynasty here, and he's only just begun really.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #134 on: October 9, 2019, 02:31:42 am »
If you go back to the end of the 2014-15 season after our humiliating destruction at the hands Stoke, Suarez long gone, Gerrard confirmed gone, Sterling one foot out the door, Sturridge with endless injuries, etc. And ask the fans to write their ultimate dream fan fiction of how the team will be in 4 or 5 years, within reason and about LFC alone, I doubt many could come up with the reality of what this club is now.

Now Klopp could not have reached these heady heights all by himself, but he is the primary driver. It would have never gotten THIS good without him. He is a legend, a saint at this club and will be worshipped by the myself and the rest fans til our final breaths. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 9, 2019, 02:47:50 am »
JURGEN KLOPP AT LIVERPOOL - SCORE CARD 9TH OCT 2019

221 - number of games played in all competitions.
320 - points won in the Premier League from 152 matches at an average of 2.11 per game.
146 - the number of games it took Klopp to record 300 league points - the fewest required by any of the club's managers.
458 - goals scored in all competitions - averaging 2.07 goals per game, the highest ratio by any Reds manager in the last 123 years.
58.82 - win percentage (130 in 221 games), bettered only by one previous Liverpool manager John McKenna (69.44).
92 - wins in Klopp's first 150 Premier League games, more than any other Liverpool manager.
 67 - players used by the club during Klopp's four-year, 221-match reign.
44 - average number of minutes between Liverpool goals (458 goals in 20,010 minutes).
43 - number of occasions Klopp's side have scored four goals or more in a game.
14 - number of Premier League teams Klopp is unbeaten against.
17 - successive league victories recorded (currently), a club best and one short of Manchester City's record which they can equal at Manchester United on October 20.
1 - the first manager to take an English team to three European finals in his first three seasons of European competition.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 9, 2019, 03:22:11 am »
Time has just flown by. I don’t think there is better manager in the game. Just incredible.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #137 on: October 9, 2019, 03:44:21 am »
Jurgen Klopp is the G.O.A.T.

10 year contract please with a salary raise review every 2 years.

A statue. A road of houses. And a Klopp Park as a back garden.

Thank you Sir.

Statues will be erected to you, children will be named after you, hairstyles and leisure wear will be worn in your image. Strap yourself in, lad, it’s going to be mad. Enjoy it regardless.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/10/klopp-liverpool-manager-reaction/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #138 on: October 9, 2019, 04:24:30 am »
I love this man.

I say it to my wife all the time, but he's the among the best public people I know (I probably only admire Barack Obama a comparable amount).

He's set an impossibly high standard to live up to in terms of both excellence on the pitch, excellence as a person and a leader, and impeccable cultural fit with the club.

When you consider all of that, I don't know how you could want anyone else to be our manager, ever. It will be a heartbreaking day when he leaves the club - I hope it never comes. But let's enjoy our time with him for as long as we have him.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #139 on: October 9, 2019, 08:56:04 am »
I love this man.

I say it to my wife all the time, but he's the among the best public people I know (I probably only admire Barack Obama a comparable amount).

Fuck I hope it doesn’t come out that Klopp has murdered 1000’s in a secret illegal drone war
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #140 on: October 9, 2019, 09:46:43 am »
Was this ever posted on here?  I don't recall but it had to have been.  Either way I think we as fans are amazingly lucky in that we have not only one of the best in the world at what he does but someone that is able to relate to you and I, at least to some degree. 

;D
Bill Shankly says hello, Jurgen!

Jurgen Klopp is the best football manager in the world right now.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #141 on: October 9, 2019, 11:13:55 am »
The 3-0 win over Middlesbrough on the last day of 16/17 was such a huge result, the catalyst for what has followed since. Thanks boss.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #142 on: October 9, 2019, 11:45:22 am »
In October 2016 my son won a competition for him and a guest (me, obviously) to meet Klopp. We'd just drawn 0-0 with the Mancs at Anfield. When we arrived at Anfield, everyone was telling us how great Klopp was and that he was exactly as he seems on the TV - it wasn't an act. The idea was basically that there'd be a handshake and a photo op, he'd present a signed shirt and that would be it. Instead, after the presentation, he asked us (my son & I and two other winners) to sit down in his office and started to talk about football - the first thing he said was 'United have just paid £90 million for a midfielder and come here and park the fucking bus.' He sat with us  for about 15 minutes until someone came and told him he had to leave as he had another appointment. I think he'd have stayed with us all afternoon talking football if he could. We are so lucky to have him as our manager.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #143 on: October 9, 2019, 11:50:26 am »
Shows what a hold this man has on his clubs (not through his choice by the way!), that this week as LFC celebrate 4 years of Kloppo, Borussia Dortmund are still ruefully nostalgic and even struggling with his departure.  They have a real problem with fans forever comparing every coach they have to Klopp, and none of them come close, especially in terms of leadership and passion and in the way they bring a whole club together and in the way the coach just 'gets them' and gets their city. Just the other day Lothar Matthäus was saying in the German press, that BVB really need to stop trying to compare everyone with him.

Hans Joachim Watzke's autobiography is published this week (and yes, Kloppo is there for the launch of it), and in excerpts in one of the papers, he talks about Kloppo leaving and how he's often though he made a mistake in not trying to persuade him to stay again. And that he felt with hindsight that he'd have rather changed the whole team rather than change the coach.

In that Dortmund series on Amazon Prime too, Michael Zorc basically admits that they would never have such a relationship with a coach again as they did with Klopp. 

So yeah, he's quite something.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 9, 2019, 02:44:23 pm »
4 years, 3 european finals, a domestic cup final, a legitimate league challenge and a ceremonial cup final. With 5 more tin pots to play for this year.

That's not to mention that through his tenure we've seen large improvements to our ground, a new training facility on its way along with a methodology within a wider team behind the scenes which is proving to be current benchmark for recruitment.

Most importantly we look consistent on the pitch, competing for titles year in year out.....what more could you ask for? Would love to see him stay for another decade.

Offline kermit^^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: October 9, 2019, 03:50:15 pm »
Klopp is like Shankly of my era. Just praying there is a Paisley of my era being line up after Klopp.  :'(

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 9, 2019, 04:08:04 pm »
In October 2016 my son won a competition for him and a guest (me, obviously) to meet Klopp. We'd just drawn 0-0 with the Mancs at Anfield. When we arrived at Anfield, everyone was telling us how great Klopp was and that he was exactly as he seems on the TV - it wasn't an act. The idea was basically that there'd be a handshake and a photo op, he'd present a signed shirt and that would be it. Instead, after the presentation, he asked us (my son & I and two other winners) to sit down in his office and started to talk about football - the first thing he said was 'United have just paid £90 million for a midfielder and come here and park the fucking bus.' He sat with us  for about 15 minutes until someone came and told him he had to leave as he had another appointment. I think he'd have stayed with us all afternoon talking football if he could. We are so lucky to have him as our manager.

Lovely story. I have supported the Reds since Shankly's time and it is Shankly, in my mind, that Jurgan compares to. A fine manager and an excellent human being. I hope we all get what we want from this wonderful adventure. I'd love him to stay beyond the next 3 seasons but let's enjoy every moment.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 9, 2019, 04:34:28 pm »
Tell you what has me chuffed just as much as what Klopp and his team (because it is all about him and his management team) have achieved here so far is what Peter Krawietz says in a recent interview.

Its not just about the success these guys want to achieve while here, but they're determined to leave a legacy.

Hopefully what they build here and what they leave can have a ready made succession line - just like the good old days.

The worst thing in modern football is the reset button every time a manager leaves.

For a club like us, its detrimental.

Imagine - when the day comes Klopp leaves - someone as part of the modern 'boot room' steps in and keeps the train running, with the same successful ethos already long established at the club by then.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 9, 2019, 04:37:59 pm »
I'm absolutely obsessed with the idea of him rebuilding the team over the next 4-7 years. I just pray that he wants to and is given the opportunity to do so.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #149 on: October 9, 2019, 05:42:31 pm »
I'm absolutely obsessed with the idea of him rebuilding the team over the next 4-7 years. I just pray that he wants to and is given the opportunity to do so.
Germany national team calling. Im afraid Jurgen will take over them in a couple of years:(

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 9, 2019, 05:49:51 pm »
Deep denial mode.
I hate the thought of there ever coming a day when he no longer manages Liverpool. It speaks volumes about the impact he has had here. Best is ahead though. Love you Jurgen, never change.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #151 on: October 9, 2019, 06:18:32 pm »

He's never stayed at a club more than 7 years and his 7th year will end end when his contract ends. I think we need all to prepare for the fact that he'll be leaving at the end of this contract.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #152 on: October 9, 2019, 06:21:03 pm »
He's never stayed at a club more than 7 years and his 7th year will end end when his contract ends. I think we need all to prepare for the fact that he'll be leaving at the end of this contract.

If we’re still winning and at the top then I’d be surprised if he walks away.

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #153 on: October 9, 2019, 06:42:31 pm »
I really hope he stays for as long as possible, but...

Here's a quote from TAA's interview

“He’s obviously put a lot of trust and faith in me personally and I’ve tried to repay him every time he’s done that. Obviously a massive thanks to him and hopefully there will be four more years of success."

Well, I'm probably overanalyzing what Trent wants to say, but it looks like the players already know it.
Let's just enjoy the time while Klopp is at the Club.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 06:45:14 pm by eyescream »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #154 on: October 9, 2019, 06:48:26 pm »
I would say its more to do with the fact theyve being celebrating his 4 year anniversary so the easiest timeframe to come to mind when answering a question is another 4 years. Beats trying to read body language I suppose.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #155 on: October 9, 2019, 06:57:29 pm »
Who knows if he'll leave then.  He had very specific reasons for leaving Mainz and Dortmund. At Mainz it was a case of career development, knowing he'd have to leave his comfort zone, and go to a bigger club to make that step.  At Dortmund it was because he felt that significant portions of squad's cycle was at an end, and that it'd be easier for him to leave, than them to change a load of players - many of whom he had close relationships with.

Here, same could happen with the squad - and that decision may have to be taken. And then it'd be up to him if he wants to build another squad. And also, and more importantly to him, family reasons will come into it, whether he and his wife just want to go home at that point.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 9, 2019, 06:58:03 pm »
I would say its more to do with the fact theyve being celebrating his 4 year anniversary so the easiest timeframe to come to mind when answering a question is another 4 years. Beats trying to read body language I suppose.

Plus all the body language experts left when Sturridge moved on.....

Wait what's that you say? Check the Salah and Mane threads?

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #157 on: October 9, 2019, 07:29:58 pm »
I really hope he stays for as long as possible, but...

Here's a quote from TAA's interview

Well, I'm probably overanalyzing what Trent wants to say, but it looks like the players already know it.
Let's just enjoy the time while Klopp is at the Club.
This.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #158 on: October 9, 2019, 07:54:05 pm »
So much has been written about Klopp but his best quality has been his ability to get everyone on board and at times literally pulling this Club along. He is the sun that this Club revolves around, and it's a damn good thing that he's the brightest one around.

Hopefully the next 4 years are as exciting as those gone before, with a ton more silverware to add to the cabinet.

I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
« Reply #159 on: October 9, 2019, 08:18:02 pm »
1 - the first manager to take an English team to three European finals in his first three seasons of European competition.

Crazy that we were out of Europe entirely in his first full season. Remember, we held off Arsenal for top four by beating an uncharacteristically resilient Boro at Anfield (Gini scorcher just before half time) in the final league game?
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08