Author Topic: Euro away without credits  (Read 101832 times)

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
Re: Euro away without credits
« Reply #40 on: March 9, 2018, 09:15:53 am »
We went to Turin, as Independent Liverpool based Reds, about 16 of us in 4 cars. Flew to Milan, drove and stayed at a services outside Turin, and drove in for the game. No issue getting tickets from the club and we parked up at the inside the ground. If people went in 2005, the fact that it's 2018 would make pretty much no difference to 90% of them.
It was a nightmare, but I was hoping this time to stay in Turin, and hope for the best !
Roma though is a different kettle of fish, been 84,01,02 and each time an absolute nightmare. Seriously considering doing the day trip for the 1st time in 10 years as getting to the stadium is a nightmare, and after the game the same. Although if I can get a Ryanair flight for £40 quid from Stanstead I could change my mind !

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: March 9, 2018, 03:27:14 pm »
Juve is a whole different packet of crisps all together

Club would only do sales based on packages again I reckon, where you collect ticket on the plane and get bussed to the ground.

Curious on this comment? As I travelled independently last time (with the misses).

Buying tickets from club!

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 9, 2018, 03:43:22 pm »
Curious on this comment? As I travelled independently last time (with the misses).

Buying tickets from club!

he is talking about the old official Thomas Cook Packages the club use to run the club will not be bringing them days back as they know they would get lynched with messing with the previous loyalty allocation

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #43 on: March 9, 2018, 08:08:47 pm »
he is talking about the old official Thomas Cook Packages the club use to run the club will not be bringing them days back as they know they would get lynched with messing with the previous loyalty allocation

Man Utd use Thomas Cook but still sell their tickets based on previous loyalty I'm pretty sure so it can be done, just ours used to be a free for all if you booked through TC.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2018, 10:30:11 am »
I gave this reply in a thread a while ago but it still stands. Euro aways are not as impossible as people make out getting a ticket in own name without history.

Anyone this season could have gone to Spartak with 0 and gained 1 credit. (Which if we get to the final would probably mean you get a final ticket as well if you also have the homes).
Sevilla I think sold out on 2, so you'd have missed that.
Also have missed Maribor but so will most.
But Porto went down to 1 credit so you could have been lucky and got that in the last sale.
You could potentially now be on 2 credits this season already, which might count for later games, or might count next year.
For example another Sevilla or Porto and you'd likely get one. Or next year you'd at least be on the '2 credits' list.
If you then next year picked up 1 more, you'd be on the '3 credits from 2 years' list.
Don't forget we so often do the sales based on the past 2 years, you should not lose sight of the total credits over the 2 years as it counts a lot.

It's not impossible but requires a bit of luck, timing and money - because without the credits you're the last one to book. (Or you take the risk early on and go regardless).

What you can't then do is dip in and out really. Also some years the allocations won't be kind, so can be a problem, but some years (like this one) it's possible.

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2018, 11:44:35 am »
I gave this reply in a thread a while ago but it still stands. Euro aways are not as impossible as people make out getting a ticket in own name without history.

Anyone this season could have gone to Spartak with 0 and gained 1 credit. (Which if we get to the final would probably mean you get a final ticket as well if you also have the homes).
Sevilla I think sold out on 2, so you'd have missed that.
Also have missed Maribor but so will most.
But Porto went down to 1 credit so you could have been lucky and got that in the last sale.
You could potentially now be on 2 credits this season already, which might count for later games, or might count next year.
For example another Sevilla or Porto and you'd likely get one. Or next year you'd at least be on the '2 credits' list.
If you then next year picked up 1 more, you'd be on the '3 credits from 2 years' list.
Don't forget we so often do the sales based on the past 2 years, you should not lose sight of the total credits over the 2 years as it counts a lot.

It's not impossible but requires a bit of luck, timing and money - because without the credits you're the last one to book. (Or you take the risk early on and go regardless).

What you can't then do is dip in and out really. Also some years the allocations won't be kind, so can be a problem, but some years (like this one) it's possible.

Good summary and mindly encouraging, even if only for next season.  My lad only started work in September and financially it wasn't an option until now.  I still don't think I'd do an East European one, even if it got me on the ladder but we'll see.

One of your more poignant points is the dipping in and out.  If the count back went back to 2005-2010 I'd be fine and I'd have a spare for my lad.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2018, 06:41:25 pm »
Good summary and mindly encouraging, even if only for next season.  My lad only started work in September and financially it wasn't an option until now.  I still don't think I'd do an East European one, even if it got me on the ladder but we'll see.

One of your more poignant points is the dipping in and out.  If the count back went back to 2005-2010 I'd be fine and I'd have a spare for my lad.

Well if you’re not prepared to jump on the ladder once the opportunity is there, with an Russian team for example. I’m sorry to say you’d probably never get on the ladder.. it’s not like united away in a semi will ever give you the chance.

But I do understand that people don’t want/can’t travel for different reasons.. but that’s the only way to get on the ladder, you gotta start with the unglamorous matches and work your way up.
Just like Thomas provide earlier in this thread.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:00:27 pm by kalle-anka »

Offline Dylan.smith

• Kemlynite
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2018, 03:26:16 pm »
I was on 0 credits at the start of the season and went to the Spartak game and luckily managed to get one for Porto, so on 2 euro away credits now. Based on 5% of the remaining teams stadium capacity I recon there is only Juventus, Chelsea and City I may struggle to get a ticket for in the next round, think id be sound for shaktar given the logistics of getting there and possibility of a collection over there.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2018, 04:47:20 pm »
I was on 0 credits at the start of the season and went to the Spartak game and luckily managed to get one for Porto, so on 2 euro away credits now. Based on 5% of the remaining teams stadium capacity I recon there is only Juventus, Chelsea and City I may struggle to get a ticket for in the next round, think id be sound for shaktar given the logistics of getting there and possibility of a collection over there.

That’s how you do it! See you at the QF :)

Offline lewisfvv

• Kemlynite
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 12:23:54 am »

Youd get juve due to their fans being complete gobshites! Reckon a ok chamce for city, and lets face it chamce of chelsea is tiny so, Defo will be seeing youse in the quarters and semis!

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 09:50:28 am »
We managed to get Spartak and Porto this season as a members with no previous credits. Should put us in a decent position going forward now

did those games go to all members? don't remember there being a sale
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 09:53:17 am »
Spartak went directly to all members. And Porto sold out on 1.

Offline jackjones93

• Main Stander
  • we'll be coming down the road ...
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2018, 09:53:55 am »

Anyone could get a ticket for Spartak if you registered your intent to travel. And Porto dropped to those on 1 credit. I'm in the same position.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2018, 09:58:45 am »
Anyone could get a ticket for Spartak if you registered your intent to travel. And Porto dropped to those on 1 credit. I'm in the same position.

bollocks. Wish I knew that before! thought that was just for people who had credits and wanted to make sure that they were going. Didn't know anyone could do that.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2018, 11:08:51 am »
to keep the spartak credit you had to have proof of traval with visa if needed. that then gave you the chance for porto on 1 credit if you were fast - ynwa !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Dylan.smith

• Kemlynite
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2018, 04:53:53 pm »
Youd get juve due to their fans being complete gobshites! Reckon a ok chamce for city, and lets face it chamce of chelsea is tiny so, Defo will be seeing youse in the quarters and semis!

Cheers mate fingers crossed, See you wherever we end up  :D

Online Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:27 am »
Chelsea got 4823 for Barca. May be best draw for those on 0 credits

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2018, 12:42:12 pm »
Chelsea got 4823 for Barca. May be best draw for those on 0 credits

Will go to all STH if it drops to 0 anyways so unlucky for us members.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2018, 12:50:11 pm »
Will go to all STH if it drops to 0 anyways so unlucky for us members.

Yeah STH first, but if the first leg is away its only two and a half weeks from the draw to the match.. that could hopefully give members a chance as well.

But surely we rather play Roma and have a better chance of getting to the semifinals? =)

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2018, 11:02:09 pm »
For those interested

Chelsea got 3800 for Roma
Spurs got 3917 for Real Madrid

Can’t find anything about Bayern

Online Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2018, 11:28:27 pm »
For those interested

Will this mean us on 3 credits likely to get one this time ? Or will that allocation change with sponsors etc ?

Online Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2018, 09:32:18 am »
We had 3,200 for Porto which dropped to 1. So would I be right in thinking if you have 2 you'll be sound for any possible semi away?
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2018, 02:32:22 pm »

Will this mean us on 3 credits likely to get one this time ? Or will that allocation change with sponsors etc ?

3 was enough for city which was 2.7k. So yes

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2018, 02:40:07 pm »
Yeah, but not everyone with 3 got a ticket for city.......in fact there were quite a few didn't ! So, I suspect it would have to be above 3000 for all those with 3 to get a ticket (ie. before it drops to 2)

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2018, 02:55:58 pm »
For those interested

Saying the standard away allocation for Bayern Munchen is 3,500 but saw somewhere Celtic got 3,800

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 02:57:41 pm »
For those interested

Bayern 75000 capacity so minimum 3750

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2018, 03:01:15 pm »
Saying the standard away allocation for Bayern Munchen is 3,500 but saw somewhere Celtic got 3,800
Phil - you're right and Sevilla were given just under 4000 for tonight.......though I believe only about 2800 are travelling according to Sevilla website. So, probably depends on opposition.

Online Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2018, 03:34:07 pm »
I missed out on 3 which Is why I am asking

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 03:52:23 pm »
Could be a tight turn around for the first leg if we are away on the 24th,  11 days after the draw. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2018, 04:43:56 pm »
Could be a tight turn around for the first leg if we are away on the 24th,  11 days after the draw. 

Logic would say planning starting now - haha, no chance

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2018, 03:34:20 pm »
Sure we got 4K last time at Madrid . It dropped to 0 cos I got 2

Offline James55

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2018, 03:59:37 pm »
Sure we got 4K last time at Madrid . It dropped to 0 cos I got 2
Yea dropped to season ticket holders

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2018, 06:52:45 pm »
Anyone got any good estimates for criteria?  Given the high allocations likely, it has to drop low??  I searched for a list of previous allocations and it never got this high.  Hope for STs with credits??

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2018, 07:12:24 pm »
Anyone got any good estimates for criteria?  Given the high allocations likely, it has to drop low??  I searched for a list of previous allocations and it never got this high.  Hope for STs with credits??

Got to assume anything over 3400 allocation people with one in last eight will be sorted??

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2018, 07:12:35 pm »
Bordeaux 2000*
Kazan 400
Sion 564
Augsburg 1158
Man U 3100*
Dortmund 3400*
Villarreal 2062

Spartak 500*
Maribor 642
Sevilla 2300*
Porto 3200
Man City 2800*

The ones with stars are approximate. Might be a limited number if we get the fascist Franco loving Catalan persecuting wankers. But with a place in the final at stake, I think some will go missing.

Bayern's capacity is less for a CL game due to being all seater. They won't be offering us any more than they are obliged to. 3500 max

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2018, 07:46:52 pm »
These are the exact ones from the selling notice that was posted on the LFC site. I have been noting them down each time, just to get an idea of what chances the lads in our group have.
 The 2 russian ones are my guesses on how many went and got a credit. Very similar to yours Tony.

This season they have been announcing the allocation and also saying plus the corporate allowance separate. They never used to do that, so the Europa ones may or may not include those 200 or so top priced ones.

Porto dropped to one. I think there will be a very limited sale for all STH. But that could dissapear if more than normal corporate STH apply.

Bordeaux   2005
kazan*   300
sion   564
augsburg   1158
utd   3117
dortmund   3416
villareal   2062
spartak*   500
maribor   642
sevilla   2450
porto   3200
man city   2774

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2018, 08:01:46 pm »
Just say we get an allocation of 3700, and there are about 200 left after those with credits are sorted.  Are they really going to open a sale for 200 to all season ticket holders.  That would be carnage.  Would it not be better to push the criteria to include previous years (asking rather hopefully than expectant)?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2018, 09:14:42 pm »
Anyone with 1 will be guaranteed. Is my guess.

Offline James55

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2018, 08:09:12 am »
Anyone with 1 will be guaranteed. Is my guess.
1 with it going down to season ticket holders

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2018, 08:49:55 am »
I think it will start on 2