Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 503210 times)

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Dejan Lovren Thread
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2016, 10:25:54 am »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2016, 12:30:06 pm »
It's about time this lad got some love. He's been brilliant since Klopp took over. The best CB we have at the club imo.

And to think, Just a little over a year ago he missed the penalty against Beşiktaş that sent us out of Europe. To go from what must of been one of the lowest points of his career, to that last night, just shows what tremendous character he has. I'm absolutely made up for him.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »
fantastic ,,vastly improved,,delighted for him.
bollocks

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2016, 12:39:11 pm »

Klopp has taken the pressure off the players, Lovren, Moreno Sakho are players that thrive on emotion, he's given them their spirit back, they looked defeated before but now have the confidence to build upon.

Offline ScouserCal

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2016, 12:42:55 pm »
Klopp has taken the pressure off the players, Lovren, Moreno Sakho are players that thrive on emotion, he's given them their spirit back, they looked defeated before but now have the confidence to build upon.

This, not really thought about that untill i read your post but it makes perfect sense.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2016, 12:56:50 pm »
I'm just happy Sakho didn't break his neck at the end of the game there.

All seriousness though, what a turn around. He's becoming quite the centre-back.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dejan Lovren
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2016, 01:16:34 pm »
I reckon when he volleyed the ball on to the Kop roof on about 80 minutes Klopp was thinking "I'm gonna offer him out when he gets in the dressing room", then by the time Lovren walks into the dressing room Klopp had a plate of Jaffa Cakes and a can of Special Brew waiting for him.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2016, 01:18:58 pm »
I don't think I've been more wrong about a player before. I thought he was terrible after his first 6 months, and although he got slightly better after that I wanted him as far away from the team as possible when the season began. He's not perfect by any means (who is?), but I think he's been our best defender under Klopp and looking very solid for the most part. His goal yesterday and the celebration after will live long in memory.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2016, 01:21:49 pm »
Happy for him!
I also like the way he's improved since Klopp came in. He's been through a lot of critisism but come out stronger. Always a good sign for me.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2016, 01:33:27 pm »
I don't think I've been more wrong about a player before. I thought he was terrible after his first 6 months, and although he got slightly better after that I wanted him as far away from the team as possible when the season began. He's not perfect by any means (who is?), but I think he's been our best defender under Klopp and looking very solid for the most part. His goal yesterday and the celebration after will live long in memory.

Klopp's high line helps him.. He thrived in a high line at Southampton with Fonte..
Playing with Skrtel also hasn't helped as Martin tends to drag everyone back.. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:25:51 pm by 88_RED »
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2016, 01:39:31 pm »
.... is a wonderful player under Klopp?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2016, 01:40:30 pm »
Our best centre half under Klopp, no question.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2016, 01:41:09 pm »
The french commentator from last night  ;D, dejan lovrennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.   :scarf

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:54 pm »
Our best centre half under Klopp, no question.
Honestly think Sakho is better, but the difference between Lovren under Rodgers and Lovren under Klopp is vast.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:57 pm »
What a difference a year, or even 6 months a quality manager, can make.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2016, 01:47:08 pm »
Honestly think Sakho is better, but the difference between Lovren under Rodgers and Lovren under Klopp is vast.

Since Klopp has been here, I don't see how Sakho has been better.  Might be the better player, but under the new manager, Lovren has looked the most solid of our centre halves.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2016, 01:50:48 pm »
I've said some pretty bloody awful things about this guy's past performances.

I'm eating my words. His performances have improved so vastly.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2016, 01:52:03 pm »

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2016, 02:01:35 pm »
Remember when he missed that penalty last year.

And now this.

What a change around

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2016, 02:04:29 pm »
He looks much more composed. He can still be bullied from time to time but a vast improvement. I think he can get even better. Just shows what a sprinkling of self belief and comfidence can give you.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2016, 02:06:20 pm »
I thought he started the season solidly but then started to regress again but the pick up in form over the past 5 or 6 months has been extraordinary. He's been our best defender since Klopp's arrival and capped it off by scoring a goal I'll never forget. Delighted for him.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2016, 02:09:48 pm »
Always thought he got more shit then he deserve some of the time (other times he did deserve it), but is looking very good at the moment.

If he can keep up this form it'll take a good player coming in to displace him.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2016, 02:25:08 pm »
Proud of the lad, shades of Lucas years ago when everyone was slating him constantly and he suddenly became a class act.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2016, 07:18:04 pm »
Someone may already have said this, but he has that heroic physique and countenance, which made it all the worse through the wilderness months, but everything is as it should be now, looking and acting the part. A heroic goal from him and his gladiator partner Mama. Delighted for them both.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2016, 07:21:04 pm »
Devastatingly handsome.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2016, 07:22:12 pm »
Lovren me, Lovren you.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2016, 07:30:13 pm »
Devastatingly handsome.

You've got that Lovren feeling

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2016, 10:14:26 pm »
Im just here for some humble pie please  ;D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2016, 10:28:51 pm »
Always thought he got more shit then he deserve some of the time (other times he did deserve it), but is looking very good at the moment.

If he can keep up this form it'll take a good player coming in to displace him.

Agree, unfortunately he was used as a stick to beat Rodgers with and the two of them became intrinsically linked. In pretty much the same way Lucas was used as a stick to beat Rafa with.

Once that link was broken both of them subsequently blossomed under new managers.

Luckily both of them had the mental strength and sheer bloody minded determination to come through it.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2016, 10:34:11 pm »

He was a LCB under Rodgers and played alongside Moreno who left him vulnerable all the time. Then he was alongside Skrtel and had Johnson on the far side, what a chaotic back four that was, and thats just thinking about it!

Him on the right side in between Sakho and Clyne is a much better defensive line for him.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2016, 12:24:14 am »
Agree, unfortunately he was used as a stick to beat Rodgers with and the two of them became intrinsically linked. In pretty much the same way Lucas was used as a stick to beat Rafa with.

That's interesting and I never linked it to Rodgers. What startled me about us, our fans, my peers was how easily Lovren was both blamed and disliked. Against Chelsea last year he performed an overhead back flick which was an error, an error adding to the dozens of errors we've witnessed before and after by all of our players - but he got fucking slaughtered mate.

What we mustn't do is eulogise too much about a winning goal, we should asses our CB situation for the next 12 months given that Jurgen can't be expected to tidy everything in a couple of windows, so meanwhile we stick with Lovren and support him.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2016, 12:32:28 am »
I reckon when he volleyed the ball on to the Kop roof on about 80 minutes Klopp was thinking "I'm gonna offer him out when he gets in the dressing room", then by the time Lovren walks into the dressing room Klopp had a plate of Jaffa Cakes and a can of Special Brew waiting for him.

:lmao
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2016, 12:33:03 am »
don't know about you guys but if you had to capture the whole night in just one clip, for me, it would be Dejan's "man-possessed" goal celebration.

he knew we would win  ;)

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2016, 12:35:12 am »
every time I see that clip of him powering that header in, and then wheeling away in celebration, before launching himself in the air and sliding, I start smiling like a madman.....then tears come to my eyes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2016, 12:44:11 am »
who is this guy? where was he last year?

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2016, 12:44:43 am »
Devastatingly handsome.

Thanks.

I think my first post about this lad was this is what we were missing and it went downhill from there. Klopp's winning mentality brings out the best of players and it has brought out Lovern's, since his post injury he has looked the player we bought. Just needs consistency

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2016, 02:31:37 am »
Delighted for him, really am, especially after last year and the penalty against Beşiktaş. Even more so because he comes from the same city as I do, despite playing for Croatia, and he's a day younger than I am oddly enough.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2016, 04:29:34 am »
Arguably out best player over the last 3-4 months. Who would have thought that a year ago.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2016, 01:05:04 pm »
Here's a thought, if Lovren and Sahko both continue with this excellent partnership....who does Matip replace?

Not a chance we've signed Matip for the bench, so could we possibly see 3 at the back next season?

Lovrens turn around has been incredible, from a defender who got bullied all game every game, who made arseholes drip everytime he had to defend, to a mountain of a player filled with confidence and a fire back in him.

Fast becoming a mainstay and has definately overtaken Skrtel in the pecking order.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2016, 01:09:49 pm »
Here's a thought, if Lovren and Sahko both continue with this excellent partnership....who does Matip replace?

Not a chance we've signed Matip for the bench, so could we possibly see 3 at the back next season?

Lovrens turn around has been incredible, from a defender who got bullied all game every game, who made arseholes drip everytime he had to defend, to a mountain of a player filled with confidence and a fire back in him.

Fast becoming a mainstay and has definately overtaken Skrtel in the pecking order.

I mean Sakho would be at most danger I suppose because he's going to the Euros and Lovren now isn't. It'll mean that Klopp gets an early look at Lovren and Matip as a pair. Which is a very good thing I might add as it means we get a full pre-season of Klopp working with two senior CBs and creating another strong pairing outside of LovSak.