Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people  (Read 106022 times)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/11/missing-plane-definitely-turned-back-malaysia

Quite perplexing now, a turn-a-round would normally indicate a known problem (or a hostile act or A/C takeover) and an attempt to repatriate at either the airport the aircraft took-off from or an available and applicable landing area.

The one thing that is really troubling me is that under the above conditions, at least a turn-a-round for a known problem, one would anticipate that normally cockpit protocol would still be followed, in this case - ANC - Aviate, Navigate, Communicate.  If the A/C had deviated as far away from its intended route as being put forth my the Malaysian Military AND the cockpit was still under normal control and operating procedures then the 'communicate' section would still be in play, i.e the crew would have to either annunciate the fact to the ground ops / control tower that they were heading off flight path or make blind-call's in the hope that another A/C, ship or transponder was in the area and would hear the call.

Consider the Air France accident a few years back, the crew to all intents and purposess remained underr the ANC protocol, in that they attempted to fly the aircraft, they were trying to follow pre-determined navagation routes and they we're in contact for about 4 minutes from first 'May Day' call until the aircraft hit the water.  I still believe that they will come across the data recorders soon enough but the posibility of an hostile act or A/C takeover is becoming a distinct possibility in my mind.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2014, 08:01:07 pm »

they we're in contact for about 4 minutes from first 'May Day' call until the aircraft hit the water

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there was no mayday call in Air France 447, the crew hadn't realised what a dire situation they were in until very late on

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2014, 08:47:28 pm »
The biggest difference with that case though is fuselage etc. was found within a day or two, and within the radius of the last known location, of the crashed Airbus. Looking slimmer and slimmer by the day but this jet and all it's passengers could still be safe and well. I know I would be clinging to that if it were one of my relatives on board. I think they've just offered the compensation a little to prematurely.

are you seriously suggesting this huge plane has landed safely somewhere and nobody saw it land?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2014, 09:14:58 pm »
are you seriously suggesting this huge plane has landed safely somewhere and nobody saw it land?

He's just suggesting that if he were a relative of someone who was on board the aircraft, that's what they're hoping for. As for the possibility of that being the case, yes, there is a possibility, but is it probable? Not at all.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2014, 09:18:13 pm »
my work colleagues today were saying that it was reported the the passengers phones were still ringing. I don't know where this story came from or if it's true, does anyone here know about that?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2014, 09:27:18 pm »
my work colleagues today were saying that it was reported the the passengers phones were still ringing. I don't know where this story came from or if it's true, does anyone here know about that?

Daily Mail is among those reporting it today...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578020/Why-cellphones-missing-Malaysian-Airlines-passengers-ringing-Family-members-claim-loved-ones-smartphones-active.html
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2014, 09:27:24 pm »
Thing that has hardly been mentioned is the fact that five people didn't board the plane but their luggage did. Seems a bit odd that they checked in and then didn't fly.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2014, 09:30:21 pm »
Thing that has hardly been mentioned is the fact that five people didn't board the plane but their luggage did. Seems a bit odd that they checked in and then didn't fly.

I was just reading about this before, but found this on the Malaysia Airlines website disputing it.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

It's the 12th media statement of 13.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2014, 09:35:31 pm »

Happens all the time, plenty of people get lost trying to transit between terminals or think they have more time than they really do and are still stuffing their faces in Burger King whilst their flight is closed. Anyway, it was stated that their luggage was removed and checked after no show.
http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-missing-mh370-font-baggage-of-5-who-did-not-fly-clean-dca-1.505791
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2014, 09:39:52 pm »
I was just reading about this before, but found this on the Malaysia Airlines website disputing it.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

It's the 12th media statement of 13.
Cheers

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2014, 09:44:42 pm »
Happens all the time, plenty of people get lost trying to transit between terminals or think they have more time than they really do and are still stuffing their faces in Burger King whilst their flight is closed. Anyway, it was stated that their luggage was removed and checked after no show.
http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-missing-mh370-font-baggage-of-5-who-did-not-fly-clean-dca-1.505791

Hadn't seen that published anywhere else, thanks.

Whatever they were doing, it probably saved their lives

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2014, 09:49:06 pm »

Networks play ringing whilst trying to establish a connection usually. Even if the passengers were alive and well somewhere the chances of their phones still being charged would be slim to none, mine barely lasts a day.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2014, 09:49:59 pm »
Any chance we could cut the uninformed speculation?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2014, 09:52:14 pm »
Might be a silly question but if there phones are ringing cant they track them down ?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2014, 09:52:15 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there was no mayday call in Air France 447, the crew hadn't realised what a dire situation they were in until very late on

Quite, rather than an actual 'Mayday' as it were; they did communicate at 2H 11M 46S words to the effect of "We have lost all control of the aeroplane, we don’t understand anything, we’ve tried everything".

Communication and Data Recordings ended 2H 14M 28S into the flight.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:54:54 pm by exiledintheUSA »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2014, 09:56:14 pm »
Any chance we could cut the uninformed speculation?

Sadly, that is going to grow with each passing hour until the aircraft (or some part of it) is located.  I remain steadfast in my belief that they will get a ping from one of the data recorders soon enough.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:01:17 pm by exiledintheUSA »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:00 pm »
Might be a silly question but if there phones are ringing cant they track them down ?

Seemingly, the Malaysian Government have tried this OR are in the process of trying this - depending on which news orgs you take more seriously.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2014, 10:07:37 pm »

I seriously doubt it. But as the Aviation authorities themselves continue to reiterate, anything is possible at this moment in time, no matter how unlikely. I'd except with the widened search some form of wreckage will be found in the next 24 hours or so.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2014, 10:28:48 pm »
So the plane has definitely turned now, without radioing its intentions to anyone? Surely that indicates the beginning of the catastrophic failure theory being mentioned. Why else would the pilots disregard protocol like that?

Quite, rather than an actual 'Mayday' as it were; they did communicate at 2H 11M 46S words to the effect of "We have lost all control of the aeroplane, we don’t understand anything, we’ve tried everything".

Communication and Data Recordings ended 2H 14M 28S into the flight.

That transcript is one of the scariest things I've ever read. When you read it you are praying Bonin understands what he has done sooner, but it's only when the captain comes back they realise. Turns my blood cold.
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2014, 10:49:47 pm »
That transcript is one of the scariest things I've ever read. When you read it you are praying Bonin understands what he has done sooner, but it's only when the captain comes back they realise. Turns my blood cold.

Yep. It is chilling.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2014, 11:13:16 pm »

I can't imagine with went through the Captain's head when Bonin finally said out loud "But I've had the stick back the whole time!"

Also Robert's line, one of the last from the CVR, "we're going to crash, this can't be happening" is another that's stuck with me. Very chilling indeed.

Anyway, turning to MH 370, if the plane continued to fly westward past the Strait of Malacca, then perhaps Indonesian military radar might've detected it?  If not, then who knows how far it had gone?  The possible flight area based on fuel level is a massive area.
King Kenny.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2014, 11:19:27 pm »
So the plane has definitely turned now, without radioing its intentions to anyone? Surely that indicates the beginning of the catastrophic failure theory being mentioned....

There's no surely about it. It's possible that this is something that's never happened before. A unique combination of events that will only be understood once the plane has been found.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2014, 05:44:35 am »
this could be the weirdest airplane incident ever.  Can the transponder be deactivate?  Or does it sit in the black box?

John Locke or Jack Shephard would struggle to come with a theory about this plane. 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline ReDagger

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2014, 07:05:00 am »
Can't help but feel the govt is hiding a lot of information. Every breakthrough updates get vetoed shortly after. Either that or it's just gross incompetence.
http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=242102:murkier-murkier-did-pms-office-ask-air-force-chief-to-deny-saying-mh370-detected-over-strait-of-malacca&Itemid=2#axzz2vj5oAkAZ

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2014, 07:40:52 am »
Can't help but feel the govt is hiding a lot of information. Every breakthrough updates get vetoed shortly after. Either that or it's just gross incompetence.
http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=242102:murkier-murkier-did-pms-office-ask-air-force-chief-to-deny-saying-mh370-detected-over-strait-of-malacca&Itemid=2#axzz2vj5oAkAZ

It's possible (make that probable) that it isn't government cover up or gross incompetence.  No one knows what happened so there is bound to be confusion. That won't stop dipshit conspiracy theorists spinning confusion into conspiracy of course.

The best thing to do is keep an open mind until there is actual evidence.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline ReDagger

• Kemlynite
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2014, 07:45:11 am »
Fair enough. Well, if I'm not Malaysian, I would probably give the govt more benefit of the doubt. Hoping for a miracle, or at least a closure for the families involved.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2014, 07:50:49 am »
Have I got this right ?

Plane set off, and had an uneventful flight, but part way through it just turned and veered off it's intended flightpath ?

And nobody in the cockpit decided to tell anyone why ?

How far/long did the aircraft travel in the 'wrong' direction before contact was lost ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2014, 08:00:57 am »
Have I got this right ?

Plane set off, and had an uneventful flight, but part way through it just turned and veered off it's intended flightpath ?

And nobody in the cockpit decided to tell anyone why ?

How far/long did the aircraft travel in the 'wrong' direction before contact was lost ?

Those are all loaded questions and the answer is that nobody actually knows yet. When it's found and after a few months or possibly years of investigation by experts we will know the answers. Air France 447 has been referred to in here and its worth restating the press release by the BEA in 2009:

A large quantity of more or less accurate information and attempts at explanations concerning the accident are currently being circulated. The BEA reminds those concerned that in such circumstances, it is advisable to avoid all hasty interpretations and speculation on the basis of partial or non-validated information.

The final report wasn't completed until 2012.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2014, 08:04:33 am »
Those are all loaded questions and the answer is that nobody actually knows yet. When it's found and after a few months or possibly years of investigation by experts we will know the answers. Air France 447 has been referred to in here and its worth restating the press release by the BEA in 2009:

A large quantity of more or less accurate information and attempts at explanations concerning the accident are currently being circulated. The BEA reminds those concerned that in such circumstances, it is advisable to avoid all hasty interpretations and speculation on the basis of partial or non-validated information.

The final report wasn't completed until 2012.

It's definately a strange one, considering how long it's been missing. With no sighting of wreckage.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2014, 09:12:04 am »
I'm still predicting a catastrophic failure caused by faulty maintenance procedures - gross negligence by the national carrier. The subsequent search and rescue mission has all the hallmarks of poor management and implementation - gross incompetence by the national government. Malaysia is making a fool of itself while the families of the passengers suffer from their incompetence. Poor show.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2014, 09:13:42 am »
I'm still predicting a catastrophic failure caused by faulty maintenance procedures - gross negligence by the national carrier.

This is the one.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2014, 09:20:17 am »
I'm still predicting a catastrophic failure caused by faulty maintenance procedures - gross negligence by the national carrier. The subsequent search and rescue mission has all the hallmarks of poor management and implementation - gross incompetence by the national government. Malaysia is making a fool of itself while the families of the passengers suffer from their incompetence. Poor show.

What causes a catastrophic failure that allows the plane to be tracked deviating from it's flight plan for a reported 350 miles and no contact from the pilots ?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2014, 09:31:03 am »
[quote auth=L666KOP link=topic=312522.msg12569668#msg12569668 date=1394616017]
What causes a catastrophic failure that allows the plane to be tracked deviating from it's flight plan for a reported 350 miles and no contact from the pilots ?

[/quote]

Instrumentation compromised in some way that gave the pilots a false impression of their situation? I'm just adding to the pile of unhelpful speculation :wave

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2014, 09:40:53 am »
Instrumentation compromised in some way that gave the pilots a false impression of their situation? I'm just adding to the pile of unhelpful speculation :wave

:D

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
JFT 96

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2014, 10:25:26 am »

Something similar to the Payne Stewart crash

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2014, 10:42:09 am »
Try this.. http://ufoexperiences.blogspot.com.au/2005/10/frederick-valentich-update.html

At last!  There it is.  Surprised it's taken 4 pages to be honest.  I knew there'd be a UFO/supernatural reference eventually.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2014, 10:44:56 am »
Something similar to the Payne Stewart crash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

Didn't even know that was a possibility.

That definitely explains a few things, no communication, unlikely failure of all comms systems, plane flying wildly off course.
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2014, 10:46:26 am »
Something similar to the Payne Stewart crash?

Interesting article that mate, thanks.

Potentially 8 seconds for a total depressurization to affect fucntion.
 :o

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2014, 10:59:30 am »
Heard on the radio this morning that a fireball was seen in the sky over Vietnam.  Not seen anything to substantiate the claim as yet though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art