Author Topic: General Rugby Union Thread  (Read 600914 times)

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - warm-up games and tournament
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »
Jennings announced as replacement for Wallace, but Cian Healy might miss the US match due to an eye socket injury.
Our lack of depth in the front row is scary.

Hahaha, would you like a friendly bet on it?

The one way to guarantee an Irish win would be for me to put money on Italy. Think I'll log onto paddypower now just to be safe.

Seriously though, up to last week I had no worries about the Italy game. After the last 2 games I just don't see where our next win's coming from (excluding USA/Russia). You can't just turn on form like a tap.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:34:36 pm by Ray K »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2011, 10:33:07 pm »
I agree that Wales have the toughest group but I wouldn't see England's is piss easy. Whereas most groups have two obvious qualifiers ours is two from three and no margin for error given the runners up will more than likely play NZ in the quarters.

As for today's game, it looked liked two teams scratching around for form and hard to see either making the semis unless something changes.

Agree Nick unfortuantly I can only see a southern hempishere team winning it, and I have a nasty feeling some European team it going to be embarrassed by one of the far eastern teams. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2011, 10:40:51 pm »
Agree Nick unfortuantly I can only see a southern hempishere team winning it, and I have a nasty feeling some European team it going to be embarrassed by one of the far eastern teams.

I fancy the French. Well, I fancy the Aussies but if they don't, the French.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2011, 10:54:06 pm »
Jennings announced as replacement for Wallace, but Cian Healy might miss the US match due to an eye socket injury.

The one way to guarantee an Irish win would be for me to put money on Italy. Think I'll log onto paddypower now just to be safe.

Seriously though, up to last week I had no worries about the Italy game. After the last 2 games I just don't see where our next win's coming from (excluding USA/Russia). You can't just turn on form like a tap.
We will beat Italy.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2011, 10:54:57 pm »
I fancy the French. Well, I fancy the Aussies but if they don't, the French.

Trouble with the French is everyone bigs them up before hand, and they flop usually in a gallic strop. But they certainly are building a potentially great team, just think it maybe too early for them to peak.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »

Well the All Blacks turn off form like a tap when they arrive at World Cups.

Offline Logistiks

• Anny Roader
  • Welsh Red!
« Reply #206 on: September 4, 2011, 12:30:12 am »
After Wales get knocked out, I'll be cheering on Australia. Love watching the Super 15's and really think their young squad could go all the way.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: September 6, 2011, 11:01:25 am »
may have to miss the last 10-15 minutes of the england game on tv as my train to stoke leaves just after 11. have to listen to the end of it on talksport i think. either way it's either be a great day or a disappointing one.

argentina with no injury worries and at full strength.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #208 on: September 6, 2011, 03:26:38 pm »
I have to hand it to those Aussies. They always seem to produce a squad of 22 capable of beating anybody come World Cup time. Underneath that it's a pretty deep hole of players who wouldn't get game time in New Zealand's School competition but their 1st 15 and reserves? Absolute class as a unit. I bang on about the lack of a decent scrum but if they even manage parity in that department, well, I'm pretty concerned. Australia winning the World Cup in New Zealand?? Please God no!?

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #209 on: September 6, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »
I have to hand it to those Aussies. They always seem to produce a squad of 22 capable of beating anybody come World Cup time. Underneath that it's a pretty deep hole of players who wouldn't get game time in New Zealand's School competition but their 1st 15 and reserves? Absolute class as a unit. I bang on about the lack of a decent scrum but if they even manage parity in that department, well, I'm pretty concerned. Australia winning the World Cup in New Zealand?? Please God no!?
I don't see the Aussies has having the strength to go all the way. Yes they won the Tri Nations, but that last game was as much about NZ not picking up serious injuries and they played well within themselves. If the ABs can conquer the home expectations, I do not see past them.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #210 on: September 6, 2011, 03:33:24 pm »
I don't see the Aussies has having the strength to go all the way. Yes they won the Tri Nations, but that last game was as much about NZ not picking up serious injuries and they played well within themselves. If the ABs can conquer the home expectations, I do not see past them.

They're probably the strongest bet to make the final from their half of the draw (Wales/England/France are the other options) and from there it's a one off. Agree the All Blacks are deserved favourites but doubt they'd relish playing the Saffers in an attritional semi final.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #211 on: September 6, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »

I don't know. They're pretty damn resilient those Aussies. The last thing All Black supporters need is Gregan MKII standing at the base of a ruck telling us 4 more years.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #212 on: September 6, 2011, 04:14:27 pm »
http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx

Really good Fantasy League if your interested.  Did a similar one for 2007 and was a decent laugh.  :)

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 6, 2011, 04:30:32 pm »
I don't know. They're pretty damn resilient those Aussies. The last thing All Black supporters need is Gregan MKII standing at the base of a ruck telling us 4 more years.
The Aussies rely so heavily on Quade Cooper. If he plays well and runs things then they do well, but he can be shut down and put off his game and then the Aussies struggle.
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 6, 2011, 09:50:55 pm »
Isn't it about time everyone put their cards on the table over this now? Who is going to win the world cup. Much as I would love to see a team from the northern hemisphere win it, I just can't see it. So I am going for Australia, they are a great up and coming side, and I just think they will nick it in the end.

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 6, 2011, 10:11:41 pm »
Isn't it about time everyone put their cards on the table over this now? Who is going to win the world cup. Much as I would love to see a team from the northern hemisphere win it, I just can't see it. So I am going for Australia, they are a great up and coming side, and I just think they will nick it in the end.
New Zealand.

Offline Gojedo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #216 on: September 6, 2011, 10:15:47 pm »
The Aussies rely so heavily on Quade Cooper. If he plays well and runs things then they do well, but he can be shut down and put off his game and then the Aussies struggle.

This I know. It's not really him I'm worried about if we're discussing individuals. Genia is the player is the one to watch. In saying that though, I've seen what happens to him also, if he is getting backfoot ball. For the 30 minutes of the second half of the test in Brisbane is how I would like to see us to play if we meet the Aussies. Let their forwards get any ascendency whatsoever and it's a tough day at the office for the All Blacks. Of course, the South Africans might have something to say about any Final.

Offline Gojedo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #217 on: September 6, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »

All Blacks. Failing that, South Africa. I could probably stomach that.

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 6, 2011, 10:42:51 pm »
This I know. It's not really him I'm worried about if we're discussing individuals. Genia is the player is the one to watch. In saying that though, I've seen what happens to him also, if he is getting backfoot ball. For the 30 minutes of the second half of the test in Brisbane is how I would like to see us to play if we meet the Aussies. Let their forwards get any ascendency whatsoever and it's a tough day at the office for the All Blacks. Of course, the South Africans might have something to say about any Final.
I love watching the ABs play rugby as they are so capable of going through the gears and play some great rugby. I fucking love watching Richie McCaw as he is one of the most cerebral players on the pitch and plays with so much game intelligence. His runs and support and positional play are second to none. I love the way a 34 year old Brad Thorn is one of if not the fittest guy in the squad and I love the way the backs led by Dan Carter play the game and their running lines are a joy and then that is without the offloading genius that is Sonny Bill. He actually takes off loading classes for the squad after training.
If this team which is one of the most complete, can conquer the home expectations and stay fit I do not see a side matching them. The Bokke are missing Schalk Burger and Juan Smith although Alberts and Broussow are decent replacements but then again Wales are going to beat them anyway ;) ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 6, 2011, 10:57:09 pm »
While I agree it could be any of the three top teams, I do wonder if France could maybe challenge. They certainly have the flair to rip open any of the other teams, but the problem is every time you tip them, usually they fail abysmally. I would love to see one of the northern teams get to the final though, so here's hoping they prove me wrong.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 7, 2011, 12:38:33 am »
France will beat NZ.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 7, 2011, 12:45:27 am »
I love watching the ABs play rugby as they are so capable of going through the gears and play some great rugby. I fucking love watching Richie McCaw as he is one of the most cerebral players on the pitch and plays with so much game intelligence. His runs and support and positional play are second to none. I love the way a 34 year old Brad Thorn is one of if not the fittest guy in the squad and I love the way the backs led by Dan Carter play the game and their running lines are a joy and then that is without the offloading genius that is Sonny Bill. He actually takes off loading classes for the squad after training.
If this team which is one of the most complete, can conquer the home expectations and stay fit I do not see a side matching them. The Bokke are missing Schalk Burger and Juan Smith although Alberts and Broussow are decent replacements but then again Wales are going to beat them anyway ;) ;D
New Zealand rely so heavily on McCaw. If Pocock can give him a bath again should the two teams meet, NZ will be in some strife.

Offline Gojedo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #222 on: September 7, 2011, 03:13:03 am »
France will beat NZ.

Australia? Perhaps. South Africa? Maybe. Even the English could pose a problem but France? Sorry to say but if they did meet, which is unlikely, the All Blacks would demolish the French. '99 and 07 won't happen this time around. Sorry.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 7, 2011, 03:21:30 am »
Australia? Perhaps. South Africa? Maybe. Even the English could pose a problem but France? Sorry to say but if they did meet, which is unlikely, the All Blacks would demolish the French. '99 and 07 won't happen this time around. Sorry.

Check Pool A  ;)

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #224 on: September 7, 2011, 06:15:23 am »
New Zealand coach Graham Henry has dropped full-back Mils Muliaina for the opening match of the Rugby World Cup against Tonga in Auckland on Friday.

The 31-year-old Muliaina makes way for Israel Dagg, who made a fine return to top-class rugby against South Africa following a serious quadricep injury.

Richard Kahui and Isaia Toeava will start on the wings, with Ma'a Nonu and Sonny Bill Williams in the centres.

Richie McCaw will win his 62nd cap as captain and 99th overall.

The All Blacks are favourites to win only their second World Cup since New Zealand staged the inaugural event in 1987, and they have selected a powerful backline to ensure they can compete with the physical Tongans.

The revamped back three and Williams' inclusion in the starting line up at the expense of Conrad Smith are part of nine changes to the starting XV when the All Blacks surrendered their Tri-Nations title with a 25-20 defeat against Australia last month.

Muliaina, who has won 98 Test caps, was not even named on the bench, while Kahui and Toeava come in for Cory Jane and Zac Guildford.

"He (Muliaina) has been one of the top full-backs in the world for some time, but he's having a bit of a flat patch at the moment," said Henry. "But knowing Mils he will respond to that. He understands it is a competitive position. The other fellow in his one Test this year has played well."

Nonu moves out one place from his usual position at inside centre to accomodate rugby league convert Williams, who will win his eighth Test cap.

Jimmy Cowan was preferred to Piri Weepu at scrum-half and will partner fly-half Daniel Carter for the 25th Test together.

Wellington loose forward Victor Vito will start at number eight for the injured Kieran Read with Jerome Kaino returning to the starting XV after he missed the final Tri-Nations match against Australia last month to return home to be with his pregnant partner.

Tony Woodcock was named at loose-head prop despite aggravating an old hamstring injury in training, with assistant coach Steve Hansen admitting his fitness was a concern.

Coach Henry said: "There is real competition in a number of positions, at full-back and on the wings and other positions as well, and the selection of the starting XV reflects that.

"Those players selected have now been given the opportunity, which is exciting, and they will all look to make the most of their chance. Everyone in the All Blacks squad is excited by what lies ahead."

Team: Israel Dagg; Richard Kahui, Ma'a Nonu, Sonny Bill Williams, Isaia Toeava; Daniel Carter, Jimmy Cowan; Tony Woodcock, Andrew Hore, Owen Franks, Brad Thorn, Ali Williams, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (capt), Victor Vito.

Replacements: Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Anthony Boric, Sam Whitelock, Piri Weepu, Colin Slade, Cory Jane.

Some very brave calls there
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Gojedo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #225 on: September 7, 2011, 08:16:22 am »
Check Pool A  ;)

Haha. Keep forgetting they're even in our group. Now, if they were a threat...

Offline Paris Saint-Germain

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #226 on: September 7, 2011, 08:38:11 am »
Haha. Keep forgetting they're even in our group. Now, if they were a threat...

That is the magic of NZ, always forget...
But yeah I wouldn't bet on France, cursed with crap coaches for so long now...

Offline Gojedo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #227 on: September 7, 2011, 08:41:55 am »
New Zealand coach Graham Henry has dropped full-back Mils Muliaina for the opening match of the Rugby World Cup against Tonga in Auckland on Friday.

The 31-year-old Muliaina makes way for Israel Dagg, who made a fine return to top-class rugby against South Africa following a serious quadricep injury.

Richard Kahui and Isaia Toeava will start on the wings, with Ma'a Nonu and Sonny Bill Williams in the centres.

Richie McCaw will win his 62nd cap as captain and 99th overall.

The All Blacks are favourites to win only their second World Cup since New Zealand staged the inaugural event in 1987, and they have selected a powerful backline to ensure they can compete with the physical Tongans.

The revamped back three and Williams' inclusion in the starting line up at the expense of Conrad Smith are part of nine changes to the starting XV when the All Blacks surrendered their Tri-Nations title with a 25-20 defeat against Australia last month.

Muliaina, who has won 98 Test caps, was not even named on the bench, while Kahui and Toeava come in for Cory Jane and Zac Guildford.

"He (Muliaina) has been one of the top full-backs in the world for some time, but he's having a bit of a flat patch at the moment," said Henry. "But knowing Mils he will respond to that. He understands it is a competitive position. The other fellow in his one Test this year has played well."

Nonu moves out one place from his usual position at inside centre to accomodate rugby league convert Williams, who will win his eighth Test cap.

Jimmy Cowan was preferred to Piri Weepu at scrum-half and will partner fly-half Daniel Carter for the 25th Test together.

Wellington loose forward Victor Vito will start at number eight for the injured Kieran Read with Jerome Kaino returning to the starting XV after he missed the final Tri-Nations match against Australia last month to return home to be with his pregnant partner.

Tony Woodcock was named at loose-head prop despite aggravating an old hamstring injury in training, with assistant coach Steve Hansen admitting his fitness was a concern.

Coach Henry said: "There is real competition in a number of positions, at full-back and on the wings and other positions as well, and the selection of the starting XV reflects that.

"Those players selected have now been given the opportunity, which is exciting, and they will all look to make the most of their chance. Everyone in the All Blacks squad is excited by what lies ahead."

Team: Israel Dagg; Richard Kahui, Ma'a Nonu, Sonny Bill Williams, Isaia Toeava; Daniel Carter, Jimmy Cowan; Tony Woodcock, Andrew Hore, Owen Franks, Brad Thorn, Ali Williams, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (capt), Victor Vito.

Replacements: Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Anthony Boric, Sam Whitelock, Piri Weepu, Colin Slade, Cory Jane.

Some very brave calls there

Mils has been a legend but I'm glad to see Dagg at fullback. The pack is class, and another opportunity for SBW to stake a claim. I am starting to wonder about our wing options though. Pretty decent 1st up 15 and bench.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #228 on: September 7, 2011, 09:16:17 am »
Right then Jill – time to nail my colours to the mast:

New Zealand are the team to beat and have home advantage
South Africa have a decent World Cup pedigree
Australia look like they have a lot of exciting talent
France have a chance and have reached a final in NZ before
England if they win their group will play sides they don’t fear
Wales if they get out of their group without getting beaten up would fancy their chances too

So sticking my neck out, the winner will come from this select group of 6 nations. That’s a pretty brave call isn’t it?!

While I hope I’m wrong and think England do have a sniff of making the final if they win turn their games into an arm wrestle I’ll play it safe and say it will be a New Zealand v Australia final with…Australia winning, just for the comedy value!

PS – The shame with the Rugby World Cup is that with the exception of one group you pretty much know the make up of the quarters now. The only question is whether France could shock NZ, Wales shock SA or Ireland shock Australia which would at least mix up the draw a bit. It’s only the England/Argentina/Scotland group where there is much doubt about who will qualify.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 7, 2011, 09:28:03 am »

Mils has been a legend but I'm glad to see Dagg at fullback. The pack is class, and another opportunity for SBW to stake a claim. I am starting to wonder about our wing options though. Pretty decent 1st up 15 and bench.
Agree with you on that but Im unsure about Toeva. Think Cory Jane should have started to be honest. Also while I like SBW I don't think Conrad Smith should have been dropped. Although in the early games, its probably a good chance for SBW to get a few games

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 7, 2011, 09:43:03 am »
If it's nail colours to the mast time then New Zealand will win it. They're too good. Aus or South Africa could beat them if everything clicks but if they come up against anyone else I can't see them losing. Sonny Bills offloads are probably my favourite thing to watch in Rugby, love a good offload.

As an Australian I'd be satisfied with a Final appearance or if we lose earlier to South Africa. If we lose to England I might self-harm.

Offline barnowl123

• Anny Roader
« Reply #231 on: September 7, 2011, 12:03:42 pm »
If it's nail colours to the mast time then New Zealand will win it. They're too good. Aus or South Africa could beat them if everything clicks but if they come up against anyone else I can't see them losing. Sonny Bills offloads are probably my favourite thing to watch in Rugby, love a good offload.

As an Australian I'd be satisfied with a Final appearance or if we lose earlier to South Africa. If we lose to England I might self-harm.

Agree New Zealand are the favourites but knock out rugby in the World Cup is a funny thing. Form really does go out of the window and you just have to get the job done. That's why I think South Africa and Australia have got a great chance. Some people might not like it but Johnny Wilkinson was born for the knock out stages of the World Cup!

First weekend and already there are a couple of massive games. Obviously England need a win to avoid NZ. As for Wales, I think they HAVE to win. Lose against South Africa and I think they won't get out of the group. I think Samoa are going to surprise a few people this WC.

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 7, 2011, 12:54:15 pm »
Agree with you on that but Im unsure about Toeva. Think Cory Jane should have started to be honest. Also while I like SBW I don't think Conrad Smith should have been dropped. Although in the early games, its probably a good chance for SBW to get a few games
I don't see them as being dropped - they will need the whole squad.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #233 on: September 7, 2011, 01:07:21 pm »
England will reach the final, who wins depends on whether the All Blacks don't bottle it before reaching the final.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 7, 2011, 01:11:05 pm »
I think the All Blacks will bottle it again because being at home they are under even more pressure this time.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 7, 2011, 01:18:16 pm »
I think the All Blacks will bottle it again because being at home they are under even more pressure this time.
Depends on which way you look it at it. Yes they have pressure but they will also have home support which can be vital in the later stages of the competion. Just look at India in the recent cricket world cup.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 7, 2011, 01:20:54 pm »
Depends on which way you look it at it. Yes they have pressure but they will also have home support which can be vital in the later stages of the competion. Just look at India in the recent cricket world cup.
True and to be honest I'd love them to win it but I think the Aussies will be really rough to beat.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 7, 2011, 01:59:03 pm »
True and to be honest I'd love them to win it but I think the Aussies will be really rough to beat.
Yep same boat as you. I think the wallabies will rise to the occasion and the fact that they ahve such a young squad will mean they will play withiut any fear.

For me the world cup for both nations depends on the fly halfs. If either Carter or Cooper fire then I believe that country will win the World Cup. If they both fire, well we will be in for a treat

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #238 on: September 7, 2011, 02:38:34 pm »
Yep same boat as you. I think the wallabies will rise to the occasion and the fact that they ahve such a young squad will mean they will play withiut any fear.

For me the world cup for both nations depends on the fly halfs. If either Carter or Cooper fire then I believe that country will win the World Cup. If they both fire, well we will be in for a treat

We need to throw Quade Cooper off his game. Perhaps we could leave an assortment of electrical goods unlocked in the adjoining hotel room until the temptation gets too much for him?

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 7, 2011, 02:43:22 pm »
We need to throw Quade Cooper off his game. Perhaps we could leave an assortment of electrical goods unlocked in the adjoining hotel room until the temptation gets too much for him?
Think the sight of SBW will be enough. Really do believe though that if they faced each other, Carter would dominate.......... If he stays fit. And that is a big if