Author Topic: Luther BBC 1  (Read 30449 times)

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
Re: Luther BBC 1
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2019, 05:14:46 pm »
Finished watching this last night. Well that is a few hours of my life I won`t get back.

Yeah it was ridiculous. A woman fires off a machine gun thingy into a house full of police armed to the teeth then strolls off unchallenged. Really !! One amongst many incidents beyond belief.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2021, 06:43:18 pm »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2021, 06:56:15 pm »

Netflix film in collaboration with the BBC isn’t it, with a much bigger budget.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2023, 09:37:05 pm »
Massive bump. New movie is out next week I think. I've started watching it from the start again. It knocks spots off anything on TV at the moment.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2023, 09:39:21 pm »
Massive bump. New movie is out next week I think. I've started watching it from the start again. It knocks spots off anything on TV at the moment.

I thought it ended badly, but berfore that was excellent.
Would like a last series to make things better, but a movie will do
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2023, 09:44:13 pm »
I don't remember how it ended, hence the reason I'm watching it again, was that the Rose Leslie season?

What I have noticed this time is, he is too bloody clever too quickly. That's a bit off-putting but still great character and really entertaining.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 1, 2023, 01:44:28 pm »
That scene at the Petrol Station still hits hard thinking about it.

I didn't realise there was a Film out until I stumbled on the trailer on YouTube.

Netflix involved, bigger budget. Should be a great watch.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: March 8, 2023, 08:34:39 pm »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: March 8, 2023, 09:26:45 pm »
I don't remember how it ended, hence the reason I'm watching it again, was that the Rose Leslie season?

What I have noticed this time is, he is too bloody clever too quickly. That's a bit off-putting but still great character and really entertaining.

Yes that one, they went into a house in the dark come out 10 mins later and its daytime
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2023, 09:55:22 pm »
Not sure what to make of that. Liked some of it. Serkis role should have been given to someone else.

Some of it was badly done. Deserved better.

Will there be another?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2023, 10:11:51 pm »
Elba looks like Rio. I had just watched the episode of the series two minutes before I started the movie and his beard is a lot less grey in the movie.

Not that impressed to be honest. Could have been a lot better, not putting spoilers up though.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2023, 10:14:14 pm »
Not sure what to make of that. Liked some of it. Serkis role should have been given to someone else.

Some of it was badly done. Deserved better.

Will there be another?
Entertaining enough, but the edge and freshness of it has long gone. It’s been getting less credible by the series
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2023, 10:58:12 pm »
Load of drivel, but then I’ve not particularly enjoyed it since series two. Always thought Ripley was more the soul of the show and it’s just descended into over the top jump scare nonsense since he’s not been in it.

Whoever signed off on that haircut for Serkis needs to return their pay.
AHA!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2023, 11:07:02 pm »
Thought it was good to be honest but don't think it flowed as well is it could have done. The end was a bit over the top as well, that Volvo getting all that way in the snow and on standard tyres, the Helicopter just happened to have Frogmen on it ready to dive in and knew where he was.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2023, 09:35:45 am »
Thought it was entertaining, though did feel like a complete 4 episode story squeezed into a 2 hour movie. No where near peak Luther but probably on par with season 5, it was always going to be a bit OTT.

Spoiler
The retconning of the series 5 ending made no sense though and wasn't really needed when fundamentally Luther would be in prison anyway.

Not sure if the end was a nod to the Idris Bond rumors but I'd happily see a series where Luther is an agent
[close]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 09:43:55 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2023, 09:48:49 pm »
Put a fork in this, it’s done.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2023, 09:53:31 pm »
Thought it was good to be honest but don't think it flowed as well is it could have done. The end was a bit over the top as well, that Volvo getting all that way in the snow and on standard tyres, the Helicopter just happened to have Frogmen on it ready to dive in and knew where he was.

Where was that scene meant to taken place? I thought it was Iceland until I remembered he had driven that clapped out Volvo there. Ice was pretty thick for Essex.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2023, 11:27:30 pm »
Where was that scene meant to taken place? I thought it was Iceland until I remembered he had driven that clapped out Volvo there. Ice was pretty thick for Essex.
Could easily of been Sheffield last week 😂 but somewhere in Scandinavia I'm assuming it was supposed to be, long way to go for a relic of a car. Also who build a big fuck off mansion in the middle of nowhere glazier land? Just tooany 'as if' moments in it for me.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2023, 09:14:16 am »
It was meant to be Norway, though not sure where they actually filmed it.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2023, 11:12:06 am »
Film was pretty disappointing, by midway I couldn't wait for it to end.

Don't think Luther works as a Movie, I hope the Movie was a one off and they go back to the TV version.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2023, 11:36:41 am »
It was meant to be Norway, though not sure where they actually filmed it.

That makes sense, but why did he take the J plate Volvo there, where were the Norwegian cops and why did it look like Schenck was in charge?

I know, it's only a movie before you say it. ;D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2023, 05:37:45 pm »
I Wasn't bored, but I rolled my eyes even more than the show and that was absurd at times.  There's talk of a series of films, which the ending hints at, I hope not.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2023, 11:56:24 pm »
I enjoyed it 🤣
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2023, 01:42:53 am »
I Wasn't bored, but I rolled my eyes even more than the show and that was absurd at times.  There's talk of a series of films, which the ending hints at, I hope not.

I'd be happy if they reboot the series following the ending, but the movie format doesn't work.
:D

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2023, 08:11:10 pm »
Not sure what some of you watched...
It was dark, gritty and had me glued the entire time.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2023, 10:36:02 pm »

lol.
The darkness was the intellectual, perceptively alert side of your mind trying to fathom what the fuck, where the fuck and how the fuck they managed to get away with this utter dross but being defeated by the unfathomable acceptance of any shite side of your mind, willing to embrace remarkably bad material. The grit was the agony in your eyes which were telling you to turn the relentless shite off. And the glue was the substance held under your nose which influenced such a ridiculous observation for the duration of the entire screening  ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2023, 11:36:08 pm »

I'm at a loss how some people apparently couldn't follow it.

Also how some people expected a series to magically transfer to a movie, it was never going to be like a series..in the same way you can't watch el Camino as "more breaking bad"

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2023, 01:29:18 am »
lol.
The darkness was the intellectual, perceptively alert side of your mind trying to fathom what the fuck, where the fuck and how the fuck they managed to get away with this utter dross but being defeated by the unfathomable acceptance of any shite side of your mind, willing to embrace remarkably bad material. The grit was the agony in your eyes which were telling you to turn the relentless shite off. And the glue was the substance held under your nose which influenced such a ridiculous observation for the duration of the entire screening  ;D
🙄🤣

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 01:37:14 am by jonkrux »

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2023, 01:33:03 am »
I'm at a loss how some people apparently couldn't follow it.

Also how some people expected a series to magically transfer to a movie, it was never going to be like a series..in the same way you can't watch el Camino as "more breaking bad"
It was slammed for cgi which didn't even come into my mind whilst watching. Meh. Maybe my mind is too open and others wanna be critical right? 🤣 It was never gonna be like the series as you said, I enjoyed it because of that. It was great for sure.

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2023, 01:41:44 am »
This has to be one of the most overrated shows, after season 2 it was mostly crap the plot was never engrossing and it would come back for seasons where we would have only have 2-3 episodes or something after waiting years . I mean I much prefer the American format at least you get enough episodes to develop the plot and tension.

Season 1 was easily the best as they actually had  time and built towards something.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 01:56:47 am by Wolverine »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 19, 2023, 06:08:16 pm »
I failed to give a fuck watching this, apart from wanting Oddette to get murdered or sacked

If there were any more, Id still watch though

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: March 20, 2023, 10:25:28 pm »
It's enjoyable enough, but also pretty fucking shite, pretty similar to the Luther TV show actually.  Enjoyable nonsense, and sometimes that's okay, but there's at least twenty better British shows.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2023, 03:30:37 pm »
It was okay. But it missed Alice. They didnt reveal what the guy was using as blackmail half the time....so it was a bit ...meh.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?