Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247554 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: Cancer
« Reply #2720 on: March 18, 2023, 11:21:27 pm »
So my dad was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas in the pipe that connects your kidney to bladder, so they removed his kidney and the pipe in early January. Everything was going well, he started putting on weight, had a checkup 2 weeks ago to see if he’s strong enough to chemotherapy which they said he was, the day after he starts getting blood in his urine, the doctors do a couple of scans and tests and say the cancer has already come back in his bladder now, and is having another op to remove the cancer again. We always knew there’s a risk it can come back, but fucking hell we didn’t think it would be back after 2 months  :butt
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2721 on: March 19, 2023, 08:06:13 am »
So my dad was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas in the pipe that connects your kidney to bladder, so they removed his kidney and the pipe in early January. Everything was going well, he started putting on weight, had a checkup 2 weeks ago to see if he’s strong enough to chemotherapy which they said he was, the day after he starts getting blood in his urine, the doctors do a couple of scans and tests and say the cancer has already come back in his bladder now, and is having another op to remove the cancer again. We always knew there’s a risk it can come back, but fucking hell we didn’t think it would be back after 2 months  :butt

Sorry to hear that mate hopefully they get it sorted for you all.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #2722 on: March 19, 2023, 08:28:54 am »
Good stuff moby, made up for you mate.
Thanks John. 👌

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2723 on: April 17, 2023, 03:54:34 pm »
Still being monitored following testicular cancer and adjuvant carboplatin.

Been feeling good but bloods are showing that my white blood cells are slightly out of range (higher than they should be) so been referred to haematologist for consultation.

Anxiety is a killer with this stuff as still waiting to hear about appointment and process.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 04:07:48 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #2724 on: April 18, 2023, 12:00:40 am »
My Mum passed away on Saturday. On the Anniversary of Hillsborough.

She collapsed in the kitchen just over 4 weeks ago, we thought it was another diabetic hypo - she'd had a few falls from her type 1 diabetes hypos, after a hospital visit she'd usually recover after a week or so. This time it felt different.

After a scan on her head for a possible stroke (she'd had one before) , and a X-ray and scan on her chest for a possible heart attack (she also had heart failure). She went in for a scan on her liver as she was no longer easily storing glucose for her diabetes, they found un-countable lesions in her liver and a cancer in her stomach. I witnessed her dying in front of me in the hospice just 3 weeks after finding out. She died from the same type of cancer at the same age as my grandad. I'm just heartbroken.

Giving everybody strength and clarity of mind who is suffering with cancer or who has relatives suffering at this time.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2725 on: April 18, 2023, 08:29:58 am »

She collapsed in the kitchen just over 4 weeks ago, we thought it was another diabetic hypo - she'd had a few falls from her type 1 diabetes hypos, after a hospital visit she'd usually recover after a week or so. This time it felt different.

After a scan on her head for a possible stroke (she'd had one before) , and a X-ray and scan on her chest for a possible heart attack (she also had heart failure). She went in for a scan on her liver as she was no longer easily storing glucose for her diabetes, they found un-countable lesions in her liver and a cancer in her stomach. I witnessed her dying in front of me in the hospice just 3 weeks after finding out. She died from the same type of cancer at the same age as my grandad. I'm just heartbroken.

Giving everybody strength and clarity of mind who is suffering with cancer or who has relatives suffering at this time.

So sorry to hear that GoldenGloves, what a horrible illness it is. 

My only attempt at consolation which is absolutely no help at all is that she went peacefully and didn't suffer unduly from it.

Take care of yourself 💔

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2726 on: April 18, 2023, 10:03:19 am »
Sorry for your loss GoldenGloves. And best wishes to your dad WLR.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2727 on: April 18, 2023, 10:07:54 am »

Sorry for your loss GG.

Go easy on yourself and take all the time you need.

YNWA xxx
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2728 on: April 19, 2023, 03:11:51 pm »

Sorry to hear that. All the best to you and your family.

Stay strong.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2729 on: April 19, 2023, 08:14:25 pm »
Sorry for your loss GoldenGloves. And best wishes to your dad WLR.

Thanks

It’s also spread to his lymph nodes as well but doesn’t look to have gone any further yet following the PET scan.

Had his first round of Chemotherapy which went ok, but unfortunately his white blood cell count is too low for them to start the second so they have given him some injections to self administer before they do another blood test on Monday and hopefully start round two next week.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2730 on: April 20, 2023, 12:17:05 am »

So, so sorry for you loss mate. Lost a lot of family and a few friends to this c*nt of a disease.

I know there is absolutely nothing I can say, but there are many on here who know how you feel.

:(

RIP to your mum mate.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #2731 on: April 21, 2023, 03:36:37 pm »
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it greatly x
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #2732 on: April 21, 2023, 04:16:45 pm »

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you a long life and hoping you gain some comfort in time.

YNWA
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2733 on: May 10, 2023, 07:54:16 pm »
Hi. Just wanted to update everyone on my situation. This is one of the best things on the internet.

In April I went to the doctor about swollen glands in my neck which had emerged in recent weeks. I was told that I may have lymphoma based on the physical presentation of what I was showing. A week later I attended the hospital and the haematologist indicated that I probably have lymphoma which was obviously very stressful. Although I didn’t have any symptoms I began to think the worst with the emotional distress causing me to be absent.

I then had a biopsy which was performed by a radiologist who also indicated it was probably lymphoma. I then attended an echocardiogram at the hospital which showed that my heart was in good shape which was the first good news I received!

That was all 3 weeks ago. Today my haematologist called me at 1pm asking me to come into the hospital as my tissue results were in - almost 3 weeks of waiting.

I was told by Dr Bitla (the haematologist) that I have something ‘a lot better than lymphoma’. it’s not lymphoma. It’s called CLL - Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia which is a slow progressing and low-grade disease that’s not life threatening but requires a course of treatment over a few months. The doctor gave me a hi-5 such was his confidence in my treatment. It’s weirdly very common - 1 in 200!! However it’s genuinely not life threatening which I’m obviously reassured about.

Very relieved given the circumstances!!

It’s been quite the month but I’ll live!!!!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2734 on: May 10, 2023, 08:01:16 pm »
Feels kinda wrong saying 'good stuff mate' and throwing in a waving scarf emoji when you've just been told you've got disease X instead of disease Y, but it does sound good news. Take care of yourself

:scarf
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: May 10, 2023, 08:07:32 pm »
Get well soon!!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2736 on: May 10, 2023, 09:06:17 pm »
Feels kinda wrong saying 'good stuff mate' and throwing in a waving scarf emoji when you've just been told you've got disease X instead of disease Y, but it does sound good news. Take care of yourself

:scarf
Cheers Ray - appreciate that

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2737 on: May 10, 2023, 09:06:38 pm »
Get well soon!!!
Appreciate that RS!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: May 10, 2023, 09:31:02 pm »
Wow Fitzy mate that's gotta be a weight off after weeks of stress and worry. 

Hope all goes well for you 👍

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2739 on: May 10, 2023, 09:46:58 pm »
All the best Fitzy with the treatment I hope everything goes well for you.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2740 on: May 11, 2023, 08:26:21 am »
Cheers guys. Odd as it sounds but it’s a good outcome based on initial suggestions.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2741 on: May 11, 2023, 08:45:33 am »
Hi. Just wanted to update everyone on my situation. This is one of the best things on the internet.

In April I went to the doctor about swollen glands in my neck which had emerged in recent weeks. I was told that I may have lymphoma based on the physical presentation of what I was showing. A week later I attended the hospital and the haematologist indicated that I probably have lymphoma which was obviously very stressful. Although I didn’t have any symptoms I began to think the worst with the emotional distress causing me to be absent.

I then had a biopsy which was performed by a radiologist who also indicated it was probably lymphoma. I then attended an echocardiogram at the hospital which showed that my heart was in good shape which was the first good news I received!

That was all 3 weeks ago. Today my haematologist called me at 1pm asking me to come into the hospital as my tissue results were in - almost 3 weeks of waiting.

I was told by Dr Bitla (the haematologist) that I have something ‘a lot better than lymphoma’. it’s not lymphoma. It’s called CLL - Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia which is a slow progressing and low-grade disease that’s not life threatening but requires a course of treatment over a few months. The doctor gave me a hi-5 such was his confidence in my treatment. It’s weirdly very common - 1 in 200!! However it’s genuinely not life threatening which I’m obviously reassured about.

Very relieved given the circumstances!!

It’s been quite the month but I’ll live!!!!

My brother in law had very similar symptoms and unfortunately his diagnosis was stage 3 throat cancer. He went though the ringer with his treatment and contracted pneumonia in hospital - however he got an all clear last August and is now in remission.

Must have been a rough month for you with all the waiting for results - but a great outcome!
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: May 11, 2023, 09:38:24 am »
Fucking hell Fitzy look after yourself and get well soon mate.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2743 on: May 11, 2023, 11:59:14 am »
Cheers Andy and Paz

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2744 on: May 11, 2023, 12:00:26 pm »
Gotta take the good with the bad huh. Hope you have a speedy recovery Fitzy.

On a separate note, 6 years since my mum passed away to pancreatic cancer!

FUCK CANCER!!

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2745 on: May 11, 2023, 03:13:00 pm »
Yeah good to hear Fitzy :)

Looks to be a fair few breakthroughs with treatment of cancers lately, hopefully the pace can pick up a fair bit with Ai, MRNA etc

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: May 11, 2023, 08:43:19 pm »
Fingers crossed for you Fitzy mate, take good care.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2747 on: May 12, 2023, 05:28:20 pm »
Cheers guys.  Prognosis very positive so just counting my blessings.

Sorry about your mum Chakan

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #2748 on: May 13, 2023, 05:59:13 pm »
Pleased that you have the lesser of two evils Fitzy. The worry and waiting are two of the biggest negatives when being treated for any disease or ailment. Being positive, although very difficult, is a helpful frame of mind. Fingers crossed mate.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2749 on: May 14, 2023, 06:17:37 am »
Pleased that you have the lesser of two evils Fitzy. The worry and waiting are two of the biggest negatives when being treated for any disease or ailment. Being positive, although very difficult, is a helpful frame of mind. Fingers crossed mate.
Cheers mate

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2750 on: May 26, 2023, 07:53:59 pm »
My brother has been having loose stool for the last month or so and is now in the two week referral period after having tests done.

The waiting…how on earth do you deal with the waiting?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2751 on: May 26, 2023, 08:06:09 pm »
My brother has been having loose stool for the last month or so and is now in the two week referral period after having tests done.

The waiting is one of the worst bits for a relative say nothing of the person them self. I hope your brother gets some positive news soon, all you can do is take each day as it comes and support him when you can. There are no easy answers with this horrible disease but good luck to him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2752 on: May 29, 2023, 08:14:08 pm »

Firstly, I hope your brother is ok.

Based on my recent experience I can say that the wait is the worst part. I was told this at the start by my care nurse. She said I’d be a great deal better once the results are done. It’s certainly true as uncertainty is replaced by certainty.

I also enjoyed the odd stiff drink as a release and the GP gave me some beta-blockers which helped.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2753 on: May 29, 2023, 08:29:03 pm »
Thanks Jill and Fitzy.

Fitzy, this recent news has given me selfish tunnel vision so I didn’t even bother scrolling through the rest of the page to see what others had been posting. Just read your bit of news and I’m glad things have taken a more positive turn, if that’s the right phrase. All the best with your treatment mate.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2754 on: May 29, 2023, 09:32:48 pm »
Thanks Jill and Fitzy.

Fitzy, this recent news has given me selfish tunnel vision so I didn’t even bother scrolling through the rest of the page to see what others had been posting. Just read your bit of news and I’m glad things have taken a more positive turn, if that’s the right phrase. All the best with your treatment mate.
Cheers bud. It’s been one heck of a month or so. Like no other.

One of the key takeaways is that family and friends are incredibly vital. I didn’t realise what that meant until this took hold. Your brother will need the important people in his life like nothing on earth. Cheers

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2755 on: June 6, 2023, 11:16:34 am »
Just over 4 years since my dad passed away from pancreatic cancer my mother in law passed away this morning.  She was diagnosed with blood cancer about 10 years ago and it was manageable but they couldn't cure it (a lot of pills, blood transfusions).  Unfortunately over the last few weeks she declined pretty quickly and on Sunday they stopped all treatment.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2756 on: June 7, 2023, 04:36:12 pm »
Just over 4 years since my dad passed away from pancreatic cancer my mother in law passed away this morning.  She was diagnosed with blood cancer about 10 years ago and it was manageable but they couldn't cure it (a lot of pills, blood transfusions).  Unfortunately over the last few weeks she declined pretty quickly and on Sunday they stopped all treatment.

Sorry to hear that mate. Sounds rough.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2757 on: June 7, 2023, 04:37:13 pm »
Sorry to hear that Ziltoid. Thoughts are with you and the family.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2758 on: June 7, 2023, 04:54:31 pm »
Sorry to hear Ziltoid. Condolences to you and the family.

Fuck cancer.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2759 on: June 7, 2023, 04:59:19 pm »

man, life is soooooo precious

we all take it for granted and that's normal i guess

but when you lose someone then reality hits you like a punch to the heart

my condolences
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend