Author Topic: Bladerunner 2.  (Read 30835 times)

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Bladerunner 2.
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:33:16 pm »
Not to sure about this.

Ridley Scott Ready To Direct New Version Of Seminal Sci-Fi Film 'Blade Runner'

Exclusive: After revisiting his classic Alien with the upcoming 3D Fox film Prometheus, Ridley Scott is committing to direct and produce a film that advances his other seminal and groundbreaking science fiction film. Scott has signed on to direct and produce a new installment of Blade Runner. He’ll make the film with Alcon Entertainment, producing with Alcon partners Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. This would be the most high profile project for Alcon since The Blind Side. They got control of the franchise earlier this year, but it's a whole different ballgame with Scott at the helm. I’m not getting a clear sense at this point whether Scott intends to do a sequel or a prequel to the 1982 film that was loosely based on the Philip K. Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Also unclear is whether they start fresh or reach out to Harrison Ford, »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni14246256/
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Bladerunner 2.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:34:23 pm »

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:36:00 pm »
What's up with Ridley Scott? Has he run out of ideas or is he just a big sell out these days?

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:39:05 pm »
There was a thread recently about sequels that shouldnt be made, someone should have sent it to him  :no

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:41:45 pm »
I guess Harrison Ford won't appear in the film he won't even talk about the film for about 20 odd years.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 07:42:04 pm »
What's up with Ridley Scott? Has he run out of ideas or is he just a big sell out these days?
I'd say its more that if its going to be done then he should be the one to do it. He was very vocal about how crap he thought the Alien films had gone, particularly the Alien V Predator films. I think he is just taking control of his legacy.

This is the only circumstance under which I would like to see a Bladerunner sequel made. Hopefully he will have the likes of Syd Mead on board again.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:22 pm »
I'd say its more that if its going to be done then he should be the one to do it. He was very vocal about how crap he thought the Alien films had gone, particularly the Alien V Predator films. I think he is just taking control of his legacy.

This is the only circumstance under which I would like to see a Bladerunner sequel made. Hopefully he will have the likes of Syd Mead on board again.

Fuck that, it's like the Crow, perfect the way it was, no need for a sequel. Leave it the hell alone.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:06 pm »
Fuck that, it's like the Crow, perfect the way it was, no need for a sequel. Leave it the hell alone.

Yep and Highlander, classic movies tainted by poor and unneccesary sequels.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:42 pm »

I hope that's the case although his last film was Gladiator 2 so I'm not so sure  :D

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:19 pm »
I look forward to Thelma and Louise 2 next.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »
Bladerunner. Singular, no rebooted, sequel or any sympathetic reinterpretation bollocks.  :no  :no

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:39 pm »
But the fact is someone has the rights and are going to make something Bladerunner related, better its Scott and its as close to the feel of the original than a terrible rip off. I suspect he will do what he has done with Prometheus and do a story set in the Bladerunner universe, which I love the idea of.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 07:49:00 pm »
But the fact is someone has the rights and are going to make something Bladerunner related, better its Scott and its as close to the feel of the original than a terrible rip off. I suspect he will do what he has done with Prometheus and do a story set in the Bladerunner universe, which I love the idea of.

Who owns the rights to the blade runner movie? Him or the film company?
I don't know I just feel that if a movie doesn't require a sequel then don't make one. Specially if it's blade runner. It's a perfect movie in of itself. It doesn't need anything new added.

Usually movies get completely screwed up in the sequels.

But I will add that if the movie is going to be made no matter what and it's unavoidable then Scott would be the perfect person to do it. Even though I would have huge reservations about seeing it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:50:35 pm by Chakan »

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 07:49:28 pm »
Noooooooooooo

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 07:50:19 pm »

Totally agree with you, if a new film is going to be made thats the person to do it.

Lets hope there will not be a 3 or 4 etc.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51:21 pm »
One of my favourite movies, and I for one hope this happens.

Nothing will stop Bladerunner being awesome, so I don't know why people are so dead against it. It's even the same director, who doesn't have a track record of doing bodge job sequels and remakes.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 07:52:56 pm »
One of my favourite movies, and I for one hope this happens.

Nothing will stop Bladerunner being awesome, so I don't know why people are so dead against it. It's even the same director, who doesn't have a track record of doing bodge job sequels and remakes.

For me mainly cause it's unnecessary. It would be Blade Runner 2 : The Search for Nostalgia and more Money.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 07:53:00 pm »
Who owns the rights to the blade runner movie? Him or the film company?
I don't know I just feel that if a movie doesn't require a sequel then don't make one. Specially if it's blade runner. It's a perfect movie in of itself. It doesn't need anything new added.

Usually movies get completely screwed up in the sequels.
Says in the OP that Alcon Enertainent got control of the righs earlier this year, thy wouldnt of done so if the werent going to do something with them. A sequel has been on the cards for yers anyway, from wiki. -

K. W. Jeter, a friend of Philip K. Dick, has written three officially authorized Blade Runner novels that continue Deckard's story; attempting to resolve many of the differences between Blade Runner and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?[147]

Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human (1995)
Blade Runner 3: Replicant Night (1996)
Blade Runner 4: Eye and Talon (2000)

Ridley Scott apparently toyed with the idea of a sequel film, which would have been titled Metropolis. The project was ultimately shelved due to rights issues. A script was also written for a proposed sequel titled Blade Runner Down, which would have been based on Jeter's first sequel novel.[148] At the 2007 Comic-Con Scott again announced that he was considering a sequel to the film.[149] Eagle Eye co-writer Travis Wright worked with producer Bud Yorke for a few years on the project. His colleague John Glenn, who left the film by 2008, stated the script explores the nature of the off-world colonies as well as what happens to the Tyrell Corporation in the wake of its founder's death.[150] Finally on the 18th August 2011, it was confirmed after months of speculation that Ridley Scott was indeed going to Direct and Produce a sequel to Blade Runner, there is no production start date or cast in place yet, although it is firmly believed that Harrison Ford will reprise his role in some form or other.

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:41 pm »
it is firmly believed that Harrison Ford will reprise his role in some form or other.

Well, he's not going to be Deckard...
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 07:58:53 pm »
Well, he's not going to be Deckard...

If he did it would answer/ruin one of the greatest talking points in the original movie, would it not?

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 08:00:00 pm »
For me mainly cause it's unnecessary.
Thing is though it was such a rich vibrant and original universe that was created and hardly touched upon, there is so much to explore about it. Yeah its about making money, but then pretty much all films are about making money, at least with someone like Scott in charge his priorities are right, first and foremost making a good film, that tells an interesting story and looks brilliant but will also make loads of money. I'd rather see more Blade Runner than Saw part 55 or Final Destination 29

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:43 pm »
Ridley Scott has only made two great films, Alien and Blade Runner.  The fact that he's decided to revisit both after decades of mediocrity reeks of desperation.

Having said that, I really do hope he can recapture some of that old magic.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:52 pm »
Thing is though it was such a rich vibrant and original universe that was created and hardly touched upon, there is so much to explore about it. Yeah its about making money, but then pretty much all films are about making money, at least with someone like Scott in charge his priorities are right, first and foremost making a good film, that tells an interesting story and looks brilliant but will also make loads of money. I'd rather see more Blade Runner than Saw part 55 or Final Destination 29

Thing is if they made the movie I would go watch it. It's the same and the new Tron that came out. I was interested to see what happened and how they handled it. Suffice to say I wasn't overly impressed.

And you know they are going to make Blade Runner 2 : 3D
What would your thoughts on that be?

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 08:07:56 pm »
If he did it would answer/ruin one of the greatest talking points in the original movie, would it not?

I believe Scott has already addressed the issue.  But it is still a topic that is debated, so yeah, it would ruin any mystery left if Ford were to return.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:25 pm »
Ridley Scott has only made two great films, Alien and Blade Runner.

Yeah, except no.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:58 pm »
Yeah, except no.

Film is subjective, your opinion on my views is irrelevant.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 08:25:58 pm »
Film is subjective, your opinion on my views is irrelevant.

If that's the case then your point is meaningless in this debate. It adds nothing and is also irrelevant.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 08:32:30 pm »
If that's the case then your point is meaningless in this debate. It adds nothing and is also irrelevant.
Put to bed.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 08:33:08 pm »
Thing is if they made the movie I would go watch it. It's the same and the new Tron that came out. I was interested to see what happened and how they handled it. Suffice to say I wasn't overly impressed.

And you know they are going to make Blade Runner 2 : 3D
What would your thoughts on that be?
I liked what they did with Tron (aside from the discs no longer behaving like crazy frisbees and that they were scared of ripping off the Matrix so had pretty lacklustre fight scenes) it did feel like it was an opener for more films though.

Yeah 3D doesnt do anything for me, but if there is one director who can get the most out of it I'd say it was Scott. I think there is potential for 3D, but not how it is currently being used, which is the way its always been used, as a gimmick. By the time this comes out I doubt you will need glasses to watch 3D films, which will make all the difference.

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:11 pm »

Are you simple?  My opinion is that Scott made two great films.  That's it, it's not a matter for debate.

The fact that he is making Prometheus and now possibly another Blade Runner film (a film he has already spent years tinkering on) kinda backs up my point.

Anyway, I can see this "debate" disappearing up it's own arse.  So I'll leave you to it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:43:42 pm by CarlitoB »

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 08:41:46 pm »
Yours by the sound of it.
You'll have to at least take me to dinner first.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 08:44:22 pm »
Am I simple? No, but my last post pretty much was and you still didn't get it.

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 08:46:07 pm »
You'll have to at least take me to dinner first.

You can munch on my Doner any time.

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 08:48:33 pm »
Am I simple? No, but my last post pretty much was and you still didn't get it.

I got it, hence my last line.

Word of advice, think more, post less.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 08:54:47 pm »
Ridley Scott has only made two great films, Alien and Blade Runner.

???

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:33 pm »
Aaaaand it's another clueless fella on the block list.

Away from thick people and back to the subject in hand though, I can't see Harrison Ford being anywhere near this if it does get made. Ridley Scott isn't stupid, even if he has only ever made two great films, and he'll know not to fuck about with a cult movie. Personally I'm undecided on whether a prequel or a sequel would work better. At least it won't be remake though.

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 09:01:28 pm »
Aaaaand it's another clueless fella on the block list.

Posting every waking hour must make one quite sensitive to idle waffle on the Internet.

Oh well,  :wave

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »
Personally I'm undecided on whether a prequel or a sequel would work better. At least it won't be remake though.

I'd be hoping for a partially unrelated sequel myself (ie. set some time after the original, not immediately after).

Wouldn't be sticking money on it not being a remake yet though, at least not until they are actually shooting.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 09:04:37 pm »
I haven't seen this in years, actually, never have seen the final cut. Is it on bluray? I may have to pick it up.