Author Topic: Internet Dating (Careful now)  (Read 164511 times)

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Internet Dating (Careful now)
« Reply #1480 on: September 22, 2017, 01:28:43 pm »
My post was aimed at MattyBoy21 sorry. They have a ton of people trying to get them into a relationship with all the apps available today. 4 dates and nothing seemed to progress, someone got there quicker.

Things definitely did progress mate, as much as it possibly could after meeting each other just 4 times.

She just stopped texting back out of the blue and I'm not the type to be harassing someone for a reply so let her crack on. Wasn't arsed about it like, just one of them things.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1481 on: September 22, 2017, 01:33:04 pm »
Things definitely did progress mate, as much as it possibly could after meeting each other just 4 times.

She just stopped texting back out of the blue and I'm not the type to be harassing someone for a reply so let her crack on. Wasn't arsed about it like, just one of them things.

I dunno mate, you just have to figure they've got a ton of options, strike while the fire is hot and all that.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1482 on: September 22, 2017, 01:33:40 pm »
Honestly sounds brutal out there in this modern age. Can't say I envy you!

Which is why I dont bother mate. Will stay as I am, single, for the rest of my time unless something happens naturally. Though after my ex and the one before im in NO rush to find a partner.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: September 22, 2017, 01:44:00 pm »
Which is why I dont bother mate. Will stay as I am, single, for the rest of my time unless something happens naturally. Though after my ex and the one before im in NO rush to find a partner.
And that's the best way to do it IMO.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #1484 on: September 22, 2017, 02:36:17 pm »
Dating these days sounds stressful and expensive. All those dates and then you can just be binned off for someone else. If I ever end up single again i'd just make it a seasonal thing to keep costs down. April-August dates only. In the park with a couple of cans and then at least you aren't out of pocket if it goes tits up.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: September 22, 2017, 02:42:56 pm »
Unless you're exceptionally good looking, women, with the boom of Tinder etc. will have many, many more matches/options than men
Subjective of course. I'd say I'm decent, there's better and a lot worse ha. I'm athletic, women tend to prefer that muscle bound look, I've found.

Agree with what you're saying. It's the concept of tinder basically.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1486 on: September 22, 2017, 02:51:47 pm »
Isn't tinder more about looking for a hookup than a missus anyway?

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #1487 on: September 22, 2017, 03:05:28 pm »

I must admit that's what I thought. I assume it's not quite so cut throat on Match.com and Guardian dating and those kinds of sites but then maybe there aren't many youngsters on there
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1488 on: September 22, 2017, 03:12:27 pm »

A lot of people do use it for that yeah but 2 of my close mates met their girlfriend on tinder. One has been with his missus for over a year now and the other almost 3 years.

I used to use it when I was travelling and didn't know many people, don't bother with any of it now.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1489 on: September 22, 2017, 03:18:03 pm »
Everyone I know who uses it, and the reputation it has, is pretty much for finding someone for a quick fuck.

I know some people have ended up finding a partner from it, but I imagine you'll find a lot have a certain mindset when setting out to use it, hence them being a bit laissez faire about things.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1490 on: September 22, 2017, 03:44:54 pm »
".........like a Wizard's sleeve it was"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1491 on: September 23, 2017, 12:57:17 am »
And that's the best way to do it IMO.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Also I dont think i could do the whole dating thing. I tried it a good few years back and its just so nerve wracking.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: September 23, 2017, 12:44:25 pm »
Internet Dating nearly destroyed me to be honest - went on about 25 first dates in the space of 2 and a half years or so. Dread to think how much money I wasted etc.

But it was all worth it in the end as I met someone I've been going out with for 3 and a half months now. It took a long time and I had some soul destroying moments along the way - girls ghosting me after 5 dates, mind games, cancelled dates, the whole lot.

I was honestly so close to packing it all in but met this girl, we got on well and we are very happy together now. Think it shows that you have to keep persisting and have thick skin. It's 100 x harder for a male as they have to pay most of the time and girls have about 30 plus messages a day compared to maybe 1 or 2 messages a day if you're lucky being a male.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: September 23, 2017, 09:55:29 pm »
Internet Dating nearly destroyed me to be honest - went on about 25 first dates in the space of 2 and a half years or so. Dread to think how much money I wasted etc.

But it was all worth it in the end as I met someone I've been going out with for 3 and a half months now. It took a long time and I had some soul destroying moments along the way - girls ghosting me after 5 dates, mind games, cancelled dates, the whole lot.

I was honestly so close to packing it all in but met this girl, we got on well and we are very happy together now. Think it shows that you have to keep persisting and have thick skin. It's 100 x harder for a male as they have to pay most of the time and girls have about 30 plus messages a day compared to maybe 1 or 2 messages a day if you're lucky being a male.

Did you pay all the time even if you went on multiple dates with the same person?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1494 on: September 24, 2017, 01:43:28 am »
Seems like good craic to me.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: September 24, 2017, 08:04:22 am »
Not sure I could be arsed with it. Still sooner chance me arm on a night out.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: September 25, 2017, 04:56:40 pm »
Unless you're exceptionally good looking, women, with the boom of Tinder etc. will have many, many more matches/options than men

I read recently that on Tinder 80% of the women go after 20% of the men.  So 1/5th of the guys on there are getting loads of options while everyone else has to feed off the scraps.  And those women complaining that they're getting played and that there are no good guys left don't realise that it's because the guys that they're matched with are also matched with 20 other women and naturally abuse that fact!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: September 28, 2017, 11:47:46 am »
Going for some food with a bird this weekend. Manhattan bar & grill, anyone been?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: September 28, 2017, 12:03:37 pm »
I read recently that on Tinder 80% of the women go after 20% of the men.  So 1/5th of the guys on there are getting loads of options while everyone else has to feed off the scraps.
Isn't this just the common lament of men who are struggling to get a date? I've read of the Pareto principle being applied to dating as a whole and it doesn't really stand up to scrutiny, though. Good looking people want to have good looking partners. The only way that happens is because they are not ploughing their way through 80% of the female population. There are only so many hours in the day.
And those women complaining that they're getting played and that there are no good guys left don't realise that it's because the guys that they're matched with are also matched with 20 other women and naturally abuse that fact!
That's just resentment talking.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: September 28, 2017, 01:17:23 pm »
Genuinely didn't expect that, she seemed keen. Can't work out what I did wrong [emoji848]

Fair play to her for being upfront with you and telling you though. My experience and from what friends tell me, a lot of women (and probably men) just start ignoring people when they become uninterested.

I met my partner online two and a half years ago. I could tell that it was different to the other exchanges that I'd had straight away, there was just no bullshit and no games being played. We moved in together after eight months, have just bought our second house and have a baby on the way in November.

Best advice I could give is to try and take any interaction away from the online dating scene as quickly as possible, i.e. get a phone number (without being creepy or too upfront - a fine art to master). The longer you send messages to each other online, the more chance you have of being usurped by somebody else or just lost within the crowd.

It's also bollocks. There are plenty of decent people out there who are good looking and plenty of twats who are not.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:19:50 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1500 on: September 29, 2017, 01:49:23 pm »

What he said was "when women complain about being played they don't realise that some of the attractive men have as many options as an attractive woman(which is probably not as realised as the other way round)".

Who is he resenting there??
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: September 29, 2017, 02:11:02 pm »
What he said was "when women complain about being played they don't realise that some of the attractive men have as many options as an attractive woman(which is probably not as realised as the other way round)".

The "80%" of women for choosing who they sleep with.

EDIT: "What he said..." can be read in his post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:13:12 pm by zero zero »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1502 on: September 29, 2017, 06:51:29 pm »
He read a statistic, repeated it here, and now he resents 80% of women? You come out with some patronising pseudo intelligent psycho babble at times but that takes the cake.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: September 29, 2017, 06:52:12 pm »
He read a statistic, repeated it here, and now he resents 80% of women? You come out with some patronising pseudo intelligent psycho babble at times but that takes the cake.

Spot on!

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1504 on: September 29, 2017, 07:07:38 pm »
Le Jake speaking sense here.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: September 29, 2017, 07:25:37 pm »
Thinking about giving this a go again but it takes so much energy. It really is a fine art (and takes lots of failures) to come across as funny, not creepy, and move things forward for those that are not a natural like myself. I've had some success and had some great, but more commonly, awful dates trying this out.

Best way I've moved things forward like said above, is to not get into conversation mode and after a few exchanges non chalantly say something like "You seem cool. I don't check this too often (which is true), easier for me to check messages on my phone. Here's my number xxxxxxxxx"

Balls in their court. If they're not interested saves both of us time, if they are they will text you. Also very uncommon in this day to call before setting up a date. After a few texts if you make a call it shows you can step up and have some courage.

Reading that back it sounds like I look at this as a game. I don't but for someone still learning and not naturally charming (more like goofy) it helped to have some sort of system that gets past the awkward parts so we could really learn who each other truly are if that makes sense.

It helped a few friends knew I was trying it out, so I would send some of funnier failures from my end to them to help not take as seriously and learn from it.

There was one time I was chatting with a girl who had a pic of her with an animal (she was very clearly into animals) , and I said something like
 "You sold me with the goat picture. How's it going?"
"Not a goat"
"We're off to a great start. Baby horse?"
"nope"
"If nothing else from this at least I'll increase my animal identification ability. Donkey?"
" Dude.. "
"Calf."
"Yes."
"Nailed it. Have I swept you off your feet yet?
" Nope"
"Wow that's my best introduction yet."
"You did make me laugh though so there's that"

And somehow ended up with a date that went fairly well. In the right mindset my failures were just as enjoyable as success. And to be fair the picture was a weird angle.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: September 29, 2017, 07:31:45 pm »
Maybe don't try to pick up anymore ladies from farmersonly.com

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1507 on: September 29, 2017, 07:36:17 pm »
The Pareto Principle when applied to dating/mating is Red Pill bollocks. Which means it's also misogynistic bollocks.

https://therationalmale.com/tag/8020-rule/

Your opinion of my posts means nothing to me. How's KISA-thing working out for you?

EDIT: Also, your reading comprehension is abysmal
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:42:49 pm by zero zero »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: September 29, 2017, 07:55:19 pm »
Maybe don't try to pick up anymore ladies from farmersonly.com

My default site that, mate.
Don't knock it eh ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: September 29, 2017, 07:59:32 pm »
My default site that, mate.
Don't knock it eh ?

But I bet you could name the correct farm animal from the picture, while BRdispatch05 can not.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1510 on: September 29, 2017, 08:00:08 pm »
The Pareto Principle when applied to dating/mating is Red Pill bollocks. Which means it's also misogynistic bollocks.

https://therationalmale.com/tag/8020-rule/

Your opinion of my posts means nothing to me. How's KISA-thing working out for you?

EDIT: Also, your reading comprehension is abysmal

Your post consists of four lines. Don't know or care what the pareto principle is. Don't care about "Red Pill" bollocks, never heard of it till your post. Not going to click your hyperlink, and I've no idea what "KISA-thing" is either. Tedious.

And I can read just fine thank you. He says he's heard 80% of girls on Tinder choose the same 20% of men. And they wonder why they feel like they get played. I think I comprehend that to mean perhaps those girls don't realise that the men they are choosing to converse with have many options and will of course fail to hold a conversation/dating pattern with all of them, because they don't know that stat.

Then you said he resented women and is a misogynist.

Also, think you got called passive aggressive and misogynist in another thread today, so, people who throw stones, eh?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:05:27 pm by Le Jake »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: September 29, 2017, 08:01:25 pm »
But I bet you could name the correct farm animal from the picture, while BRdispatch05 can not.

I even knew it's name.

And bra size.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1512 on: September 29, 2017, 08:03:21 pm »

Effes is turned on.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: September 29, 2017, 08:10:10 pm »
I even knew it's name.

And bra size.

Ladies be aware this man knows his bovine utter sizes.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1514 on: September 29, 2017, 08:10:44 pm »

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: September 29, 2017, 08:10:46 pm »
Your post consists of four lines. Don't know or care what the pareto principle is. Don't care about "Red Pill" bollocks, never heard of it till your post. Not going to click your hyperlink, and I've no idea what "KISA-thing" is either. Tedious.
All the above leaves you very poorly placed to comment on my posts at all. Yet you do. It's probably why my posts appear as "pseudo-intellectual bollocks" to you as you know next to nothing.
And I can read just fine thank you.
Well done. But today on Sesame Street we're talking about "reading comprehension". This not just reading words but also understanding what they mean when assembled together in sentences.

Enjoy your evening

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: September 29, 2017, 08:15:53 pm »
Then you said he resented women and is a misogynist.
No I didn't. He was reporting what he read. They are not his own opinions.

Reading comprehension.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: September 29, 2017, 08:36:31 pm »
Such hostility.

From my reading of these angry posts (and the inferring of such hostility and anger which is plain for even my three year old to see), it is clear to me now that there is some tension being built up.

Maybe meditation is in order.

Or perhaps a cold shower.

Get a grip Zero Zero.

Your posts were passive aggressive and mysogonist in nature, even the one quoting tinder stats. Now they are not even passive, just aggressive.

I trust you are not always this angry....

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1518 on: September 29, 2017, 08:39:52 pm »
No I didn't. He was reporting what he read. They are not his own opinions.

Reading comprehension.

Nope. He reported a stat, you quoted it and said it wasn't accurate. Although you took an unnecessary swipe at Alpha-males. But it's the same day as you got upset at people for hitting on your wife so maybe it struck a nerve, fair enough.

Isn't this just the common lament of men who are struggling to get a date? I've read of the Pareto principle being applied to dating as a whole and it doesn't really stand up to scrutiny, though. Good looking people want to have good looking partners. The only way that happens is because they are not ploughing their way through 80% of the female population. There are only so many hours in the day.

Then you separately quoted his interpretation of that stat, and the impact it has on the female users of dating apps, and said that his interpretation was resentment.

Then I asked who he is resenting with his opinion.

To which you replied 80% of women.

The "80%" of women

So I can comprehend what you meant just fine. Then you got pulled up on it, quoted some niche online movement about men that because I hadn't heard of, means I know next to nothing. I've got better things to do with my life than study relationships online.

It must be very lonely being you when you're not picking on widowers for supporting the leader of the opposition or acting passive aggressive.

edit - took out a personal dig, apologies.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:46:02 pm by Le Jake »

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1519 on: September 29, 2017, 08:40:49 pm »
I find emptying my spuds dissipates tension.

I'm off to find a sock.