Author Topic: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April  (Read 66011 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2019, 05:46:34 pm »
This whole collection thing is flawed if you can assign the ticket to someone else. Achieves very little other than being inconvenient. I'm happy to collect my ticket every single time if it means someone without credits has the opportunity to buy one on their own card. If you can change the name then you're basically just making it that a tout needs to be organised.
1000% Phil

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2019, 05:59:28 pm »
Personally I think full collection will reduce touting greatly. A lot of the time touts put fake details in and  then sell them on once tickets in hand. By having full collection a tout will have to sell early thus not allowing the 1k a ticket they were charging in Munich. No tout will risk putting their own name on a ticket to be collected and no person would travel to an away pick the ticket up and then not go

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2019, 06:01:58 pm »
It'll reduce it more if you can't change the details and it's in the name of the card holder.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2019, 06:08:39 pm »
It'll reduce it more if you can't change the details and it's in the name of the card holder.

It’s difficult when the club know season tickets aren’t in people’s names though. I suppose they could only let people nominate people they’ve nominated previously. That would mean the people who’ve been going - even if the season ticket isn’t in their name - could still go.
Long live the King

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2019, 07:06:45 pm »
Spoke to lfc today about Porto away, as the website said there would be ticket collections in Porto. They don’t how many will need to be collected yet, but they are “aiming towards 100% collection in future.” And we should tell club if we disagree
We were told that at the collection in Munich......and likely next season. But the collection at Munich stadium was a shambles - 20 min walk from stadium, no signs or anything and on an industrial estate ! Fucking useless. Imagine 3800 doing that ! Alright there was the hotel in town granted - but even so, if you've little time before game that's difficult (and the cut off was 4pm at hotel). I can see major problems with 100% collection, unless the club have it organised seamlessly.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2019, 07:10:21 pm »
We were told that at the collection in Munich......and likely next season. But the collection at Munich stadium was a shambles - 20 min walk from stadium, no signs or anything and on an industrial estate ! Fucking useless. Imagine 3800 doing that ! Alright there was the hotel in town granted - but even so, if you've little time before game that's difficult (and the cut off was 4pm at hotel). I can see major problems with 100% collection, unless the club have it organised seamlessly.

Won’t surprise me if the club model themselves on how Man Utd implemented full collection

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2019, 07:33:22 pm »
Won’t surprise me if the club model themselves on how Man Utd implemented full collection
Maybe mate, but not sure how Utd do it at present....do they have one collection point ? All I'm saying is it really needs to be organised very well indeed.....especially when you could have potentially as many as 4000+ attempting to collect.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2019, 07:53:09 pm »

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2019, 08:50:46 pm »
It’s difficult when the club know season tickets aren’t in people’s names though. I suppose they could only let people nominate people they’ve nominated previously. That would mean the people who’ve been going - even if the season ticket isn’t in their name - could still go.
or the person how picks up the ticket gets the credit no matter what card it's bought on that would stop credit hunting and touting if they aren't getting the credit

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2019, 08:53:59 pm »
From last season for Utd  https://www.manutd.com/AssetPicker/images/0/0/10/131/688969/Fans'_Forum_Minutes_for_Fri_23_Feb1523955631397.pdf  If u look at page 3
Cheers mate - although it doesn't really give any details of arrangements for collection etc. I don't like what they are suggesting at bottom of page 3, option 1 ie. go to a totally random ballot - don't want to see that with us.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2019, 09:03:43 pm »
Cheers mate - although it doesn't really give any details of arrangements for collection etc. I don't like what they are suggesting at bottom of page 3, option 1 ie. go to a totally random ballot - don't want to see that with us.

You should see there domestic away policy.  But it seems they reward loyalty for Euro aways.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:06:00 pm by daindan »

Online Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2019, 09:57:13 pm »
This whole collection thing is flawed if you can assign the ticket to someone else. Achieves very little other than being inconvenient. I'm happy to collect my ticket every single time if it means someone without credits has the opportunity to buy one on their own card. If you can change the name then you're basically just making it that a tout needs to be organised.
My mate has used my brothers card for the last 6 years or so

We’ve got I think 8 of the last 9 euro aways on it. He doesn’t have a season ticket cause his Dad has 3 all in his name

So is he meant to lose the euro credits he’s built up on that card? And been to every one, not credit hunted any

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2019, 10:20:47 pm »

I think you are under estimating the ball ache it is. There's about 10 in our group who go everywhere, and a couple aren't going. We would have previously just bought and got rid later. Now the couple that aren't going, cos of threat of collection, are saying, they will be sound cos they haven't missed one for 5 years. That at least opens up a few tickets.
(Just before anyone jumps down my throat those lads do every home and away domestic, and 95% of euros. Phil you know who I mean)

And you would have to trust a tout to pay up front to collect over there.... Oh by the way can you just give that tout your full name, address, DOB, passport details?
You would have to trust him a lot.

It will cut down on them that buy then stick on websites for the massive markup.

And of it dropped there are also those people who would  be happy to burn £50 for the prospect of a Barca SF ticket or potential final.

Its only been since 14/15 when we got back in that this has become an issue. Before that you could do the odd euro away and know you were boxed. Now it's become like league aways and cup aways - you feel you need to keep on the ladder.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2019, 10:05:10 am »
Is there a workable alternative to collection that can be put forward.

For example for Moscow, I was more than fine with scanning my visa receipt etc upon return. Obviously only works for that city.

Ticket stubs or wristbands could easily be passed back to anyone so not ideal (And issues of losing them etc).

What other options does anyone have?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2019, 10:49:53 am »

For example for Moscow, I was more than fine with scanning my visa receipt etc upon return. Obviously only works for that city.

Ticket stubs or wristbands could easily be passed back to anyone so not ideal (And issues of losing them etc).

Proof of travel with all credits removed if it’s found to be faked. Get the admin sorted afterwards rather than disrupting your trip.
Long live the King

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2019, 01:11:43 pm »

When arsenal went to Belgrade 2 seasons or so stewards at the turnstile gave hem a code which they could log on to their site and enter to get the credit

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2019, 07:44:32 pm »
Any suggestions from people that travelled last season (or for other reasons!) for things to do? Cultural type things. I'm not really a drinker. Have a mate there too so will see her, but I've liked doing two day trips. One day football. One day culture.  8)
YNWA.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2019, 08:37:36 pm »
Any suggestions from people that travelled last season (or for other reasons!) for things to do? Cultural type things. I'm not really a drinker. Have a mate there too so will see her, but I've liked doing two day trips. One day football. One day culture.  8)

We went on the cable cars the day after the game when it was pissing down. If the weather is good, you've also got the beach.

Offline felbridge

• Boys Pen
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2019, 02:53:29 pm »
The wait for this ticket information is killing me. I must have bookmarked every Port house in the city at this rate

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2019, 02:56:34 pm »
The wait for this ticket information is killing me. I must have bookmarked every Port house in the city at this rate

Seeing as your first post said you've never been to an away game before, I can put you out of your misery and confirm that you definitely won't qualify for your own ticket from the club. Sorry.
Long live the King

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2019, 02:58:19 pm »
seen city had their information out last Thursday (3003k)
id like to hear why it takes so long, explain the process perhaps?
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2019, 03:00:53 pm »
seen city had their information out last Thursday (3003k)
id like to hear why it takes so long, explain the process perhaps?

They explained that last week, they'd been negotiating the price.

Offline felbridge

• Boys Pen
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2019, 03:02:13 pm »
Seeing as your first post said you've never been to an away game before, I can put you out of your misery and confirm that you definitely won't qualify for your own ticket from the club. Sorry.

Oh yeah, I know I don't qualify on my own account and probably never will but a mate with credits can't go. But yeah, I've only just started using RAWK - thought a euro away would be the best time to get into it.

Offline UsuallyDisgruntled

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2019, 03:04:22 pm »
Although the club had been negotiating the price, United negotiated the price with Barcelona, decided to raise the price of their tickets, got barca to back down and charge less, released the ticket info and held a ballot and sold out of their tickets before we did anything...

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2019, 03:09:57 pm »

I get that, but there's countless examples of the club taking what seems like an eternity to get out the information that fans need.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2019, 03:13:08 pm »
negotiating the price doesn't stop them releasing the criteria of how many we got

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2019, 03:18:06 pm »
negotiating the price doesn't stop them releasing the criteria of how many we got

True. But ticket details without the correct ticket price are a bit silly really aren't they?

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2019, 03:35:49 pm »
True. But ticket details without the correct ticket price are a bit silly really aren't they?
not really all they need to say we got x amount of tickets this is what you need to get one price and sale date tbc just simple communication reallly

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2019, 04:02:50 pm »
This is once again an absolute farce of a situation. Tell us the criteria ffs. Ridiculous bullsh1t they put us through every single time

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2019, 05:43:17 pm »
not really all they need to say we got x amount of tickets this is what you need to get one price and sale date tbc just simple communication reallly
Exactly

Offline lemons

• Main Stander
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2019, 11:13:15 am »
How's everyone travelling?

Our route there via Naples worked out pretty cheap - 70quidish. Struggling to find anything similar for the way back though

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2019, 12:31:56 pm »
The selling details for this should be announced shortly, by Thursday morning as the hospitality ballot has just opened for it.

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2019, 12:52:19 pm »

Our route there via Naples worked out pretty cheap - 70quidish. Struggling to find anything similar for the way back though

Going to faro for £20 on way there , return cost me around £60

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2019, 01:10:40 pm »
The selling details for this should be announced shortly, by Thursday morning as the hospitality ballot has just opened for it.

When will that be complete?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2019, 01:20:24 pm »

Us plebs can wait until the corporates have been boxed off.
Long live the King

Offline lemons

• Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2019, 01:23:21 pm »
Going to faro for £20 on way there , return cost me around £60

Whats your route on the way back mate

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2019, 01:34:42 pm »
Faro to Leeds mate

Offline lemons

• Main Stander
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2019, 01:42:12 pm »
Faro to Leeds mate

Damn, looks like that's near doubled now. Talking 120quid. Ah well, good on ya man.

Offline lfc1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2019, 02:04:10 pm »

Manchester to Faro and then getting the train to porto

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2019, 02:30:52 pm »
Us plebs can wait until the corporates have been boxed off.

Has never worked like that. The ballot coincides with the selling details and first sale.  The ballot closes Thursday. Depending on when the Cardiff sale ends, Friday/Monday first sale won’t surprise me. There should be spares for this as loads did this gsme last year