Author Topic: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm - Travel Advice in OP  (Read 120374 times)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »
Gone for the 2nd plane for SportsOptions which they've just put up.

Wanted some days in Rome but just feels safer/more organised and less chance for things to go wrong or be left worrying.

Also too many things going on to be trying to plan at short notice so I'll pay extra for it this time. Been to every away this season except Maribor - it's expensive when the reds do well.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2018, 03:28:26 pm »
Gone for the 2nd plane for SportsOptions which they've just put up.

Wanted some days in Rome but just feels safer/more organised and less chance for things to go wrong or be left worrying.

Also too many things going on to be trying to plan at short notice so I'll pay extra for it this time. Been to every away this season except Maribor - it's expensive when the reds do well.

Booked this as well for me and my 12 year old lad, we normally make our own way on trips but i felt this is the safest option with him going, ( this will be his 10th Euro away, lucky git 😂 and all on his own credits too, bar Sion ).
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2018, 03:33:32 pm »
Booked this as well for me and my 12 year old lad, we normally make our own way on trips but i felt this is the safest option with him going, ( this will be his 10th Euro away, lucky git 😂 and all on his own credits too, bar Sion ).

Some effort that! Fair play

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2018, 10:00:03 pm »
Inter away had buses to the ground, but i walked it back after. Napoli had buses after, not sure if they did to the ground. I got there two hours before, because i looked at the kick off time on lfc website, not realising Italy was an hour ahead. Yep you read that correctly.
Udinese even put on buses which was probably the friendliest Italian venue we have played.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2018, 02:31:09 am »
Inter away had buses to the ground, but i walked it back after. Napoli had buses after, not sure if they did to the ground. I got there two hours before, because i looked at the kick off time on lfc website, not realising Italy was an hour ahead. Yep you read that correctly.
Udinese even put on buses which was probably the friendliest Italian venue we have played.
Utrecht away I went in to the ground 1 hour before ko, schoolboy error.
Had some great times on Italian aways, Milan was class and so too was fiorentina, Napoli not so much..

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2018, 09:17:28 am »
Mon to Thursday.  Birmingham direct to Rome.  150 return . Morning flights both ways.
+61 ticket exchange

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2018, 10:35:19 am »
Bit of advice needed, with me panicking Friday to get the flights booked and with being in work time was precious. I have entered my mates date of birth wrong on the booking with BlueAir and Ryanair (the day of his birth is out by 2 days), I have not entered any passport details as of yet. The question is how do I change it as there is no option to edit on the booking/will I be ok as didn't enter passport details with the booking?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2018, 10:47:12 am »
Bit of advice needed, with me panicking Friday to get the flights booked and with being in work time was precious. I have entered my mates date of birth wrong on the booking with BlueAir and Ryanair (the day of his birth is out by 2 days), I have not entered any passport details as of yet. The question is how do I change it as there is no option to edit on the booking/will I be ok as didn't enter passport details with the booking?

It's the API (advance passenger information) so you'd hope this can be amended before you actually check in and print off.

A quick google suggests no issues in Europe (mainly concerns in USA TSA for example) but I'd prefer the piece of mind.

This thread says the lad called RyanAir and sorted it before: https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/printed-off-ryanair-boarding-pass-with-wrong-d-o-b.155699/

You'd expect you can change this yourself online somewhere and you'd hope it wouldn't matter but see if anyone else knows more.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2018, 12:24:01 pm »
So there’s not going to be any sort of square or anything ? Based of 01?

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2018, 12:32:39 pm »
Sport Options has one on their site going from Liverpool now, is this a third one? as I thought they were going from Manchester.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2018, 12:41:36 pm »
Sport Options has one on their site going from Liverpool now, is this a third one? as I thought they were going from Manchester.
It's a third flight, first two are from Manchester.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2018, 12:51:38 pm »

Thanks

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2018, 03:49:11 pm »

No chance
+61 ticket exchange

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2018, 03:53:42 pm »

Last time we ended up playing footy in some park near where the coaches parked up for the day
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2018, 04:17:01 pm »

The Liverpool flight sold out in 20 mins yesterday. This morning it went back on sale as they secured a larger plane. Another flight is going on sale tomorrow (3rd)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2018, 04:19:08 pm »
The Liverpool flight sold out in 20 mins yesterday. This morning it went back on sale as they secured a larger plane. Another flight is going on sale tomorrow (3rd)

I booked on the second flight released at 1pm yesterday and it's going from Manchester according to my confirmation.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:22:17 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2018, 04:21:10 pm »

This is what I thought and is consistent with the email they sent this morning and what’s on the website. I’m hoping it’s right because I need to book on the third plane.

I’ve emailed to check.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:22:56 pm by Rhi »
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2018, 04:31:54 pm »
I booked on the second flight released at 1pm yesterday and it's going from Manchester according to my confirmation.

Yes its the Liverpool flight that was the original, sold out yesterday, they secured a bigger plane over night and so some extra places went on sale for the first plane this morning.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2018, 04:46:39 pm »
Yes its the Liverpool flight that was the original, sold out yesterday, they secured a bigger plane over night and so some extra places went on sale for the first plane this morning.

Ah OK, I thought the first one was going from Manchester too. Cheers, panicked then that I'd booked parking at the wrong airport!

First flight sold out Friday evening though, I just missed it as I was driving home from work, second one went on sale at 1pm yesterday.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2018, 04:55:13 pm »
Ah OK, I thought the first one was going from Manchester too. Cheers, panicked then that I'd booked parking at the wrong airport!

First flight sold out Friday evening though, I just missed it as I was driving home from work, second one went on sale at 1pm yesterday.

Reply #60 on this thread has the details of the first Sport options flight and it says going from Manchester at 7.00 am, the 2nd flight also goes from Manchester but at 7.15 am according to the confirmation email. 
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2018, 05:01:14 pm »
Just read posts back. I'm on sport options from Liverpool that they got a bigger plane for today

Offline riggerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2018, 07:39:35 pm »
Currently both Sport Options flights go from Manchester (leaving at 07:00 and 07:15). The one they put up this morning was limited as they secured a bigger plane for the second flight so only a handful of seats were available. They are hoping to do a third flight tomorrow but this one will be from Liverpool.
We managed to get onto the second flight yesterday out of Manchester.  :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:41:51 pm by riggerz »

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2018, 09:10:53 pm »
We're on the 1st flight that was put up and it's definitely from Manchester. Exact times will be sent 10 days before

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2018, 09:54:19 pm »
Just read posts back. I'm on sport options from Liverpool that they got a bigger plane for today
Currently both Sport Options flights go from Manchester (leaving at 07:00 and 07:15). The one they put up this morning was limited as they secured a bigger plane for the second flight so only a handful of seats were available. They are hoping to do a third flight tomorrow but this one will be from Liverpool.
We managed to get onto the second flight yesterday out of Manchester.  :)
Do these two posts not contradict each other or am I starting to confuse myself with all this! ;D

Offline riggerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2018, 09:13:10 am »
Do these two posts not contradict each other or am I starting to confuse myself with all this! ;D
The first two flights from Sport Options were definitely out of Manchester. The 3rd that they are selling today i believe is out of Liverpool. That was according to the message left on the answer phone.
I missed the first one but got on the second and we are out of Manchester.
The one they sold yesterday is simply more seats on the second flight due to them getting a bigger plane!!

Offline riggerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2018, 11:08:22 am »
Just spoken to Sport Options and he has confirmed what I said earlier regarding the first 2 flights are from Manchester and the 3rd flight being released today is from Liverpool

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2018, 11:20:02 am »
Just spoken to Sport Options and he has confirmed what I said earlier regarding the first 2 flights are from Manchester and the 3rd flight being released today is from Liverpool
I need to speak to them then as I booked yesterday morning and the confirmation email says JLA!

Offline riggerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2018, 11:33:52 am »
Third flight is now on their website but its £379

Offline UsuallyDisgruntled

• Main Stander
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2018, 11:45:29 am »

That'll be sold out soon enough as well. Could do with an allocation announcement off the club.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2018, 12:35:23 pm »

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2018, 01:28:08 pm »
What sort of ticket prices are we expecting for this? Imagine it will be pick-up over there again for non-UK customers

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2018, 01:29:33 pm »
What sort of ticket prices are we expecting for this? Imagine it will be pick-up over there again for non-UK customers

rumour is around 80 euro

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2018, 01:44:10 pm »
Just in case anyone's curious 2 planes out of manc, one out of Liverpool that went on sale today.

Sport options had another flight out of Liverpool that wasn't advertised due to it comprising of a block booking. There were some spare seats left over on this so they went on sale with no marketing yesterday.

Panic over

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2018, 01:45:21 pm »
how far is the stadium from the centre?
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2018, 01:54:45 pm »
how far is the stadium from the centre?

About 3/4 miles

Offline James55

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2018, 02:01:57 pm »
that just flight?

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2018, 04:09:01 pm »
The priority rights information here http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/how-to-buy-tickets/priority-rights-holders says they’re entitled to tickets for semi finals. Does anyone know if that includes this game?
Long live the King

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2018, 04:10:46 pm »
The priority rights information here http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/how-to-buy-tickets/priority-rights-holders says they’re entitled to tickets for semi finals. Does anyone know if that includes this game?

I think its a grey area but i'm sure they we have never had Semi aways in the past

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2018, 05:17:17 pm »
only games at anfield and finals for PRH, so not this AWAY game - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2018, 06:22:14 pm »
Me and my brother on the third Sport Options from Liverpool. Anyone else?
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly