Author Topic: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm - Travel Advice in OP  (Read 120369 times)

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2018, 07:01:49 pm »
sorted flight back with Jet2, but one out there sold out straight away..

I've stupidly 'booked' one out there with BravoFly, never heard of them, anyway put all my details in and they've said they'll confirm my booking within 24 hours?! Not holding much hope.

Anyone have any experiences with them?

We fortunately just managed to get on the jet2 flight.  :)

But we did fly to Porto with bravofly.  Like you, we got the confirm in 24hrs message, and were initially a bit unsure.  But confirmation came through quickly, and everything worked out fine.  Other than the flight being delayed on the way back - but that wasn't bravofly's fault. 
I'm sure you'll be fine.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2018, 07:04:02 pm »
Roma already put out information and criteras for their home game.

And they’re doing a Porto with a massive difference between the ‘pre-sale’ prices and the general sale prices.
Long live the King

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2018, 07:21:09 pm »
Anyone used World Choice Sports before for their trips? They have a day trip and one night stay on offer at the moment, flights from Liverpool.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MaskedBenitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2018, 07:31:44 pm »
And they’re doing a Porto with a massive difference between the ‘pre-sale’ prices and the general sale prices.

Any particular area in their ground OK to sit in?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2018, 07:38:55 pm »
Confused on this one.

Never been to Rome. Want to go for a holiday at some point.

Got 5+maybe 1 or 2 additional annual leave days at most to balance between this and Kiev (if we get there - but got to consider we might).

Could go to Rome for a week and have a decent time, then worry how I'd get to Kiev by hoping a day trip plane would be available?. Days would then work out.

Or go to Rome for less than a week, but prices and planes are tricky, leaving enough days for a decent Kiev trip.

Or as I also want to not get stabbed in the bum, SportsOptions bus to/from ground is a nice option on a day trip.

Confused. Help us out.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2018, 07:45:57 pm »
Confused on this one.

Never been to Rome. Want to go for a holiday at some point.

Got 5+maybe 1 or 2 additional annual leave days at most to balance between this and Kiev (if we get there - but got to consider we might).

Could go to Rome for a week and have a decent time, then worry how I'd get to Kiev by hoping a day trip plane would be available?. Days would then work out.

Or go to Rome for less than a week, but prices and planes are tricky, leaving enough days for a decent Kiev trip.

Or as I also want to not get stabbed in the bum, SportsOptions bus to/from ground is a nice option on a day trip.

Confused. Help us out.

Others are going via other cities, Naples, Milan etc and getting train, potentially still cheaper and less stabby?
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2018, 08:10:55 pm »
Went in 2,001. Was well aware of the 84 final stories as my Brother went. We'd had a further warning about knife gangs and scooter squad ultra's which might have came from the club, not sure.

There was coaches put on to the ground and the strong advice was to use them. Upon arriving on the day of the match we heard the usual rumours about the night before. Some turned out to be true, some shite and some hn between.

There was a 24 hour alcohol ban accross the whole city. We managed to find a tobaconist who was happy to sell, various other groups of lads shit faced so everyone seemed to be sorted somehow.

We got the coach and there were a few lads asking for spares. When we got off the coach, this turned out to not be a problem because the police just started twatting everyone with batons to get everyone into the ground whether you wanted to go in or not.

Its hard to think that was so long ago, it seems like last month. Its probably changed a lot since a bizzie was shot by an opposition fan, or was it the other way round?  Cant remember. Anyway i wouldnt go planning to find a square with bars. On the other hand it might have all changed.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2018, 08:11:32 pm »
Any particular area in their ground OK to sit in?

The away end.
Long live the King

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2018, 08:17:59 pm »
The away end.

Even that wasnt too safe last timd. Pelted with coins the entire 90 minutes. Probably changed since then.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2018, 08:21:41 pm »
2 of us booked on the sport options day trip. Can't wait for this. Just need to sort out parking at Manc airport

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2018, 08:25:38 pm »
Everyone seems nervous about this then. Presume there won’t be a meet up in a square or similar as there usually is ?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2018, 08:29:28 pm »
Everyone seems nervous about this then. Presume there won’t be a meet up in a square or similar as there usually is ?

There wasnt last time, as i said there was a 24 hour alcohol ban so all the bars in the squares was closed. Then again, that was a long time ago now.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2018, 08:38:47 pm »
I don't think Chelsea had any problems over there

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2018, 08:40:10 pm »
I don't think Chelsea had any problems over there

There was a story about one group being ambushed in a pub I think, but don't recall much about it, or any other incidents......
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2018, 09:01:54 pm »
Anyone used World Choice Sports before for their trips? They have a day trip and one night stay on offer at the moment, flights from Liverpool.

Just been looking at this, only thing holding me off is that the coach transfer stuff is not too clear, ie getting to the ground from the centre.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2018, 09:11:00 pm »
Just been looking at this, only thing holding me off is that the coach transfer stuff is not too clear, ie getting to the ground from the centre.
Was the Sport Options one offering transfer to the ground? They haven't on the ones I've done previously. Also are SO doing theirs from Manc or Liv airport does anyone know? I've done both with them before.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2018, 09:14:38 pm »
Was the Sport Options one offering transfer to the ground? They haven't on the ones I've done previously. Also are SO doing theirs from Manc or Liv airport does anyone know? I've done both with them before.

Sport options are offering transfer from the city centre to the ground, world choice site just says 'stadium transfers included' ( doesn't say airport transfers included but surely must be ? )

SO flies from Manchester, WC from Liverpool.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:16:24 pm by hoppyLFC »
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2018, 09:16:00 pm »
Sport options

Day Trip

Depart approx 07:00 from Manchester on the morning of the match arriving into Rome approx 11:00 local time. On arrival in Rome there will be coach transfers to the city centre where you will be able to spend the afternoon at leisure where you will be able to enjoy the local hospitality as Rome has some fantastic bars and restaurants in the city.

There will be a coach transfer from the City to the Stadium. More information about this transfer will be on your final itinerary.

After the match coaches will be waiting outside the stadium to take you back to Rome airport. The return flight will land back into Manchester approx 03:30.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2018, 09:17:22 pm »
Sport options

Day Trip

Depart approx 07:00 from Manchester on the morning of the match arriving into Rome approx 11:00 local time. On arrival in Rome there will be coach transfers to the city centre where you will be able to spend the afternoon at leisure where you will be able to enjoy the local hospitality as Rome has some fantastic bars and restaurants in the city.

There will be a coach transfer from the City to the Stadium. More information about this transfer will be on your final itinerary.

After the match coaches will be waiting outside the stadium to take you back to Rome airport. The return flight will land back into Manchester approx 03:30.

World Choice

Day trip departing from Liverpool John Lennon Airport from Ł349. Stadium transfers will be included

This price will be valid whomever we may draw against.

PLEASE NOTE: The early bookers price of Ł329 p/p has now sold out.

Flights:

02MAY18 Liverpool - Rome Fumicini Departing between 06:00 to 09:00 (TBC)

02/03MAY18 Rome Fumicino- Liverpool Departing between 23:55 - 02:00 (TBC)

THIS IS FOR A DAY RETURN FLIGHT ONLY - MATCH TICKETS NOT INCLUDED

Early booking advised - prices will rise
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2018, 09:20:06 pm »
Sport options are offering transfer from the city centre to the ground, world choice site just says 'stadium transfers included' ( doesn't say airport transfers included but surely must be ? )

SO flies from Manchester, WC from Liverpool.

Were World choice ok to use ?

I've not used them, I've used Sport Options, I was hoping for similar advice as you on World Choice! Good that SO are doing transfers to the ground though, they don't normally and it will be helpful in Rome. Hmmm, might hang on for SO to hopefully add a second flight.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2018, 09:25:59 pm »
I've not used them, I've used Sport Options, I was hoping for similar advice as you on World Choice! Good that SO are doing transfers to the ground though, they don't normally and it will be helpful in Rome. Hmmm, might hang on for SO to hopefully add a second flight.

Thinking the same, at least then you know that ALL transfers are included, the other site is a bit vague, but does say on one page 'transfers included for day return packages'.
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2018, 09:28:22 pm »

Without getting ahead of ourselves too much, I noticed World Choice Sports are already stating they will run day trips plus one and two night trips to Kiev. I assume Sport Options will offer something too.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »
Thinking the same, at least then you know that ALL transfers are included, the other site is a bit vague, but does say on one page 'transfers included for day return packages'.
The WCS flight times are a bit vague too. I mean if it leaves Liv at 9am as it says it could, you're only landing in Rome at 1pm their time which cuts your day down a lot.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2018, 09:43:48 pm »
Will this drop to 1? Surely can't go any lower
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2018, 09:48:56 pm »
Will this drop to 1? Surely can't go any lower

With an allocation of around 3,700 it'll go to STH i'd imagine.

Offline RedTriumph

• Anny Roader
  • Every man a king...
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2018, 10:35:04 pm »
I'm travelling by myself for the first time after doing a fair few European aways with my brother. Doesn't sound like it's a journey I should be attempting alone. I was planning to arrange my own flight and get a bed in a hostel dorm but I don't fancy the idea of walking or getting public transport if there's going to be no large meeting in a square and there's the risk from the locals that everyone's suggesting. If anyone is willing to willing to include an extra person in their group I'd be very glad of your company. I'm yet to sort flights and I can cancel the accommodation I've booked if a better option presents itself.

Thanks in advance.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2018, 07:10:08 am »
Went to Rome last year with the Mrs and had a great time.
Bit pricey but loads of good bars and restaurants and plenty to see.

Going as a football fan in the second leg of a European cup semi final on the other hand...

Nothing gets the hairs on the back of your neck like a good trip to Italy

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2018, 08:17:23 am »
Absolutely buzzing for this.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline JohnRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2018, 08:41:17 am »
Anyone got connecting flights to Rome from Manc/L'pool? Save me getting train from and to Milan

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2018, 09:48:55 am »
Reckon any chance of the club putting on coaches to/from city centre?

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2018, 10:17:40 am »
Anyone got connecting flights to Rome from Manc/L'pool? Save me getting train from and to Milan
Liverpool to Barcelona
Barcelona to Rome was on yesterday but Id guess thats gone up like every other angle.

Day trip or go for a longer duration would be the best option now.

Offline Ossie T

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2018, 10:43:26 am »
Went in 2001, was my first european away. Had a brilliant couple of days. There was an edge to it certainly.

Wonder how many red without tkts will go to this? We took 7-8000 in 01 but obviously we had that as the allocation.

5 of us want to go without tkts, but if theres not many reds there in the same position then could be tricky!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2018, 11:14:01 am »

Think they will, almost sure they will.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2018, 11:14:42 am »
Surely they wont make 10% pick up from Rome, will they?

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2018, 11:57:21 am »
What hotels/area are people booked into for this? Booked into Hotel Valle, Via Cavour. Just booked it as it was reasonable

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2018, 12:12:54 pm »

Yes. Like they said they would when we did Beşiktaş away ! 😬😜
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2018, 12:35:20 pm »
With an allocation of around 3,700 it'll go to STH i'd imagine.

All STH?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2018, 12:59:57 pm »
A second Sport Options day trip is now up on their website.

Offline wirral_red

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2018, 01:08:02 pm »
3 of us booked on WorldChoiceSports this morning - says transfers included for day return packages, so going to assume that means to/from stadium as well.

Offline tossinho

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2018, 01:18:03 pm »
4 of us going without tickets. Sunday to thursday. Can't wait
I love inside jokes... I’d love to be a part of one someday!