Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 7033 times)

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
Rhian Brewster
« on: August 10, 2021, 09:38:08 pm »
Finally off the mark for Sheff Utd. Must be difficult for him with that hefty price tag on his back.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
Re: Rhian Brewster
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 09:41:07 pm »
Yes Rhian! Made up for him :scarf

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 12:54:21 pm »
Sheffield finally scoring, 6 yesterday, and he’s not gotten off the bench
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 01:21:50 pm »
You’d think they’d be doing absolutely everything to try and get him scoring again.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 05:49:44 am »
Finally off the mark for Sheff Utd. Must be difficult for him with that hefty price tag on his back.

Say it was more difficult for him playing in that completely pish team and never getting a fucking pass.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2021, 10:21:38 am »
He’s proven already he can do it in the championship because he smashed it whilst on loan at Swansea.

He might just be experiencing a Dominic Solanke style mental block. Hope the lad finds his form because he was one hell of a prospect and should be tearing up the championship.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 11:30:10 pm »
He's had a mare since we sold him, whilst I am glad we got £24m for him, I feel for him. Sent off tonight for U21s and team then went and scored when they went down to 10 man. He must feel like shit these days but I bet Jurgen is still helping him when he can.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #7 on: November 6, 2021, 06:21:14 pm »
First League goal for him today after 2 minutes and it's a fucking belter  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0VQkc2M0Kkw&amp;ab_channel=TheHighlightsworld" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0VQkc2M0Kkw&amp;ab_channel=TheHighlightsworld</a>

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 7, 2021, 11:39:42 am »
A real contrast with him and Solanke.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2021, 11:49:17 am »
Solanke went through similar struggles when he first joined Bournemouth. Hopefully Brewster will experience a similar upturn.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 7, 2021, 12:17:40 pm »
Solanke went through similar struggles when he first joined Bournemouth. Hopefully Brewster will experience a similar upturn.

True, but he was still getting game time to play his was out of it.  I'm not sure Brewster is.......

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 02:15:05 pm »
He's scored again. I love this description of how he's been improving.

"Yep, he's been pulling off his man better than Jenna Jameson"
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2021, 05:19:15 pm »
He's scored again. I love this description of how he's been improving.

"Yep, he's been pulling off his man better than Jenna Jameson"

;D

Looks like the change of manager has changed his fortunes - he's hardly played under Jokanovic.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2021, 06:12:44 pm »
;D

Looks like the change of manager has changed his fortunes - he's hardly played under Jokanovic.

If he finally gets a run he'll bang in the goals hopefully.

Wilder and Jokavanvic hardly ever played him. He'd get the odd game in a team that creates fuck all and then dropped the next week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2022, 09:49:48 am »
Just looked him up after watching a bit of Shef Utd in the playoffs. Not going well for him at the moment is it.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2022, 10:06:00 am »
Needs to move to a smaller, progressive Championship club that will play him in almost any circumstances. The issues are, he's a £23m striker and has the wages to go with it - reportedly on £30,000 a week in the Championship, having been on £45,000 in the Premier League.

Somewhere like Stoke would actually be a great loan move, Bristol or Boro. Forest if they don't go up. He's shown he's too good for the Championship at Swansea, he needs a good move.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2022, 10:30:42 am »
He's been injured since January to be fair, its not like he's being left out.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 10:44:26 am »
Yeah he'd scored 3 in 5 prior to doing his hamstring, looked like the injury came at the worst possible time.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 11:35:19 am »
Needs to move to a smaller, progressive Championship club that will play him in almost any circumstances. The issues are, he's a £23m striker and has the wages to go with it - reportedly on £30,000 a week in the Championship, having been on £45,000 in the Premier League.

Somewhere like Stoke would actually be a great loan move, Bristol or Boro. Forest if they don't go up. He's shown he's too good for the Championship at Swansea, he needs a good move.

He's at a good club but has been injured.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2022, 07:47:57 am »
He's at a good club but has been injured.
I’m not so sure. At the point of his injury, he’d played 14 games of a possible 28 and less than 800 minutes in those 14, so not even amounting to 9 games’ worth.

Yes he had 3 goals in 5 prior to his injury, which is evidence of an uptick, but they were his only goals all season. Sometimes it just doesn’t feel like it works and to me this doesn’t feel right for him. They play a lot of direct football and they’re losing their best ‘on the ground’ creative player in the summer, Gibbs-White, and they mainly play hoof ball to a veteran target man.

I might be proven wrong, they may restructure the side in the summer in light of spending another season away from the Premier League and start to resemble a side that Brewster can flourish in. My gut says leave though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2022, 10:17:15 am »
I’m not so sure. At the point of his injury, he’d played 14 games of a possible 28 and less than 800 minutes in those 14, so not even amounting to 9 games’ worth.

Yes he had 3 goals in 5 prior to his injury, which is evidence of an uptick, but they were his only goals all season. Sometimes it just doesn’t feel like it works and to me this doesn’t feel right for him. They play a lot of direct football and they’re losing their best ‘on the ground’ creative player in the summer, Gibbs-White, and they mainly play hoof ball to a veteran target man.

I might be proven wrong, they may restructure the side in the summer in light of spending another season away from the Premier League and start to resemble a side that Brewster can flourish in. My gut says leave though.

They're pretty wise transfers if done for the right reason, if the player will actually fit in with your style. That one just smacked of seeing a 'fringe', highly rated youngster available and thinking 'If he has a good season or two here they'll either pay a shitload to buy him back or someone else will pay a shitload for him'.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2022, 02:05:13 pm »
Somewhere like Stoke would actually be a great loan move

Just want to say that in no known universe is that statement true - on all levels.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2022, 02:14:31 pm »
I get the rationale behind the Brewster transfer - Sheffield United were creating chances but didn't have a reliable finisher to convert them. Unfortunately, they also played in a very specific way and it was difficult for Brewster to tune into it (something I think that's also affected most of Leeds' signings since they came up).

Having said that, I was never too impressed with Brewster at Championship level when everyone here was raving about him. His finishing's always been very good but he barely touched the ball when he was playing at Swansea and his all-round game clearly had issues.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2022, 04:56:55 pm »
I get the rationale behind the Brewster transfer - Sheffield United were creating chances but didn't have a reliable finisher to convert them. Unfortunately, they also played in a very specific way and it was difficult for Brewster to tune into it (something I think that's also affected most of Leeds' signings since they came up).

Having said that, I was never too impressed with Brewster at Championship level when everyone here was raving about him. His finishing's always been very good but he barely touched the ball when he was playing at Swansea and his all-round game clearly had issues.

They created absolutely nothing the season he was there in the PL. Hopeless midfield and toothless attack. Brewster never got a run either and when he did start he'd come off after an hour.

It was a bad move for him and a bad move for them because he wasn't the player they needed (i.e. basically a younger Billy Sharp). However, it was a great deal for us.

They scored 20 goals that season in 38 PL games. He'd have scored more than that if he'd gone back to Swansea on loan.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2022, 05:19:05 pm »
I'm not sure how a younger Billy Sharp is materially different from Brewster, it's not like he's an Andy Carroll type who can hold the ball up. He's also a short poacher, the difference is he's capable of heading the ball, setting up goals and fitting into Sheffield United's system. As for creating nothing, they created more big chances than Wolves or Palace that season. Still bad, but if you have someone better than Brewster or McGoldrick to lead the line you start turning 0-0s into 1-0s.

And the reason he never got a run was because he played horribly and contributed nothing. Obviously he'd have scored more at Swansea, he would have been in a league where Dominic Solanke, who did only marginally better in the top flight, just scored almost 30 goals in a season.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2022, 07:24:49 pm »
I'm not sure how a younger Billy Sharp is materially different from Brewster, it's not like he's an Andy Carroll type who can hold the ball up. He's also a short poacher, the difference is he's capable of heading the ball, setting up goals and fitting into Sheffield United's system. As for creating nothing, they created more big chances than Wolves or Palace that season. Still bad, but if you have someone better than Brewster or McGoldrick to lead the line you start turning 0-0s into 1-0s.

And the reason he never got a run was because he played horribly and contributed nothing. Obviously he'd have scored more at Swansea, he would have been in a league where Dominic Solanke, who did only marginally better in the top flight, just scored almost 30 goals in a season.

It's what I meant that he's basically a younger Sharp when they needed something different.

I can only go by the games I watched of them, where they were completely toothless in creating anything a number of times (a decent sample of games).

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 06:23:21 pm »
Up before the Beak for Common Assault during the pitch invasion back in May.  :o

Two Sheffield United players have been summonsed to appear in court over violence at the Championship play-off semi-final against Nottingham Forest.

Trouble flared after fans invaded the pitch when the Blades lost a penalty shoot-out at the City Ground on 17 May.

Nottinghamshire Police said Oli McBurnie, 26, and Rhian Brewster, 22, would be charged with common assault.

The players are due to appear at Nottingham Magistrates' Court on 28 July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61912436

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 05:41:02 am »
^ seems a mad shout by whoever brings these cases, the players must have been shitting it considering how aggressive the pitch invasion was.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2022, 10:42:23 am »
^ seems a mad shout by whoever brings these cases, the players must have been shitting it considering how aggressive the pitch invasion was.

Do not know the detail but seems totally wrong for players to pay the consequence for something that is created by clubs and fans, it's not like they went into the crowd, same for Viera, he was totally justified when faced with a dickhead who should not have been there.

This is totally out of control now, remember Robin Olsen, next time there will be a case where there is some genuine problems and someone, probably a player will be hurt, or worse.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2022, 06:43:11 pm »
Do not know the detail but seems totally wrong for players to pay the consequence for something that is created by clubs and fans, it's not like they went into the crowd, same for Viera, he was totally justified when faced with a dickhead who should not have been there.

This is totally out of control now, remember Robin Olsen, next time there will be a case where there is some genuine problems and someone, probably a player will be hurt, or worse.

I would say it was more a case of remember Monica Seles.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2022, 04:12:03 pm »
Odd that the Law are involved with this, yet Richarlison only faces an FA charge for throwing a flare into the crowd.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2022, 05:00:24 pm »
Odd that the Law are involved with this, yet Richarlison only faces an FA charge for throwing a flare into the crowd.

McBurnie supposedly stamped on a lad who was on the floor.We will learn the truth sooner or later but the law had better take the circumstances into account,it doesn't matter who you are,you don't act in a rational manner when thousands of oppo fans are surrounding you.

The Law are actually partly responsible.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2022, 02:36:23 pm »
I would say it was more a case of remember Monica Seles.

I didn't know she'd played at Goodison?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2022, 03:03:10 pm »
An assault charge brought against Sheffield United footballer Rhian Brewster following a pitch invasion has been dropped.

The 22-year-old had been accused of assaulting a Nottingham Forest fan following the Championship play-off semi-final on 17 May.

A brief hearing at Nottingham Magistrates' Court on Thursday heard a charge of common assault had been discontinued.
Hopefully he can get his career kickstarted without this hanging over him.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2022, 03:10:17 pm »
When being subject to a pitch invasion, claiming self-defence out of a panicky situation should be very straightforward really.
Linudden.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2022, 04:40:34 pm »
Hopefully he can get his career kickstarted without this hanging over him.
Seemed daft to even bring any charges for it in the first place
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2022, 04:44:53 pm »
When being subject to a pitch invasion, claiming self-defence out of a panicky situation should be very straightforward really.

Fans committing a criminal offence by even entering the pitch. Even Vieira got charged when he'd have been within his rights to flatten some of those blue twats getting in his face.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2022, 10:27:42 pm »
Seemed daft to even bring any charges for it in the first place

Mad shout that by the bizzies or CPS that, maybe had a political (local) element to it?

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2022, 05:10:19 pm »
2 goals for the under 21’s tonight

However just checked his stats for the last two seasons at Sheffield United and they are pretty abysmal unfortunately . No goal this season by the looks of if