Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2008669 times)

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #14640 on: August 31, 2022, 11:54:19 pm »
Did well for that goal but his intensity has dropped big time along with the cm's and fb's. You can never question his effort but something seems off. I hope the long WC break gives him the time to come back to his physical best.
You don’t think he’ll make Brazil’s squad for the WC?
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14641 on: September 1, 2022, 12:00:14 am »
Travel a million miles
For one of your smiles
Bobby
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14642 on: September 1, 2022, 12:44:24 am »
Really nice finish.

He didn't look away, shocking lack of cultured technique...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14643 on: September 1, 2022, 12:52:34 am »
You don’t think he’ll make Brazil’s squad for the WC?

I have not seen the brazil team play or how they are setup. Most of their fans seem to think that their forward line for the WC will be Neymar, Vinicius, Raphinha, Richarlison, Jesus, Cunha, Antony. Looking at the depth, i highly doubt firmino will make it.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #14644 on: September 1, 2022, 06:29:41 am »
The chaseback in the 80th minute when a Newcastle counter looked like was huge, prime Bobby that.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14645 on: September 1, 2022, 08:57:19 am »
He didn't look away, shocking lack of cultured technique...

More evidence of Bobby's decline.  If you've got to look in the direction that you're shooting in, you're done.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #14646 on: September 1, 2022, 09:31:07 am »
Ecstatic to see this form from him - not just for us but for him personally. Written off far too early by so many people.

He is definitely not able to start every single game for us but I really hope we can manage his injuries and his minutes as he still has so much to offer the squad. There is no-one like him when he is playing like this.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #14647 on: September 1, 2022, 09:58:57 am »
I have not seen the brazil team play or how they are setup. Most of their fans seem to think that their forward line for the WC will be Neymar, Vinicius, Raphinha, Richarlison, Jesus, Cunha, Antony. Looking at the depth, i highly doubt firmino will make it.

With that kind of talent bar Richarlison, it is no surprise at all. It would be disappointing for him but it would give him a good break while others are out there baking under the Qatari sun.

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #14648 on: September 1, 2022, 04:04:47 pm »
is this a subtle hint that he's off to Juve...?

Offline Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410
« Reply #14649 on: September 1, 2022, 05:35:17 pm »
Just watched the full replay of the game again, without the full on 'white noise' of it being live. Bobby was really, really good again, In fact it was him and Harvey who kept us driving forward - I counted he lost possession 3 times all game. Two of them when there was nothing else on and was passed to when surrounded by 3-4 barcodes. His pass to Diaz in the 1st half was an absolute 'thing of beauty' and he took his goal sublimely. I'm happy we have Jurgen picking the team and not some of the usual 'Bobby's finished' suspects we have in here. To them, I suggest you watch the game again. 
https://footyfull.com/premier-league/liverpool-vs-newcastle-united-31-08-2022/

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #14650 on: September 1, 2022, 06:10:35 pm »
Just watched the full replay of the game again, without the full on 'white noise' of it being live. Bobby was really, really good again, In fact it was him and Harvey who kept us driving forward - I counted he lost possession 3 times all game. Two of them when there was nothing else on and was passed to when surrounded by 3-4 barcodes. His pass to Diaz in the 1st half was an absolute 'thing of beauty' and he took his goal sublimely. I'm happy we have Jurgen picking the team and not some of the usual 'Bobby's finished' suspects we have in here. To them, I suggest you watch the game again. 
https://footyfull.com/premier-league/liverpool-vs-newcastle-united-31-08-2022/

yes, he looks sharp and hungry again. pretty much had lots of last season off, maybe fresh somewhat in the mind.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14651 on: September 1, 2022, 08:29:26 pm »
Bobby has hit the ground running this season, he’s been amazing so far. The work that he does is irreplaceable. I wonder if we would play with a diamond this weekend to utilize that, or 4-2-3-1. It seems that Nunez coming on as a sub would be a waste of both talents, unless Bobby is knackered.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14652 on: September 2, 2022, 06:05:00 am »
Bobby has hit the ground running this season, he’s been amazing so far. The work that he does is irreplaceable. I wonder if we would play with a diamond this weekend to utilize that, or 4-2-3-1. It seems that Nunez coming on as a sub would be a waste of both talents, unless Bobby is knackered.
Get Bobby to wear them out for 60 minutes then bring on Nunez at 60 with his pace and power vs tired defenses. I can see them playing together but I think Klopp may go more easing Nunez back in them starting him in a derby where team probably trying to get under his skin.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14653 on: September 2, 2022, 08:06:50 am »
I thought he looked pretty sharp at the end of last season when he came back from injury, like he had been rested and ready to go again. Seems like that rest and the summer preseason has done him well. Back to the Bobby of old

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14654 on: September 2, 2022, 06:23:13 pm »
Agree, thought Bobby in his limited appearances last season was good. Very good at times.

They couldn't pick him up the other night in that midfield pocket. You do wonder if he could do a job in midfield as Darwin makes his way into the team, but would that blunt his effectiveness if that was more of a fixed position?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14655 on: September 2, 2022, 07:36:51 pm »
Agree, thought Bobby in his limited appearances last season was good. Very good at times.

They couldn't pick him up the other night in that midfield pocket. You do wonder if he could do a job in midfield as Darwin makes his way into the team, but would that blunt his effectiveness if that was more of a fixed position?

After watching his 100 goals again, I think he needs to play as a forward. He could probably play in midfield, but it would be a bit wasted and go against his instincts to get into the box.

Think the whole issue with him dropping deep has more to do with our midfield not functioning, than with how Bobby plays. If we had a decent midfield, he'd stay up front and make things happen there.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14656 on: September 2, 2022, 08:04:58 pm »
I expect him to start so it's a big game for Bobby tomorrow. Hope he doesn't go hiding as he did against Utd.
He didn't go hiding. The set up meant he was isolated and needed to go looking for the ball as there was nothing coming to him if he stayed in is nominal position. Given that issue, he actually played quite well. Every intelligent analysis of that game has agreed on that point.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #14657 on: September 2, 2022, 10:19:19 pm »
I expect him to start so it's a big game for Bobby tomorrow. Hope he doesn't go hiding as he did against Utd.
He had to drop deep though. He was all but hiding. If there is one player in our squad that one cannot level that accusation at, it would be Bobby.
If we didn't have him doing that, btw- we'd have been walking out of there with more goals against us.
It was a reasonably intelligent move to operate like that all throughout, a self-sacrificing move, considering. We'd have conceded more otherwise, because our midfield was non-existent, Trent had feck all protection and United were free to run straight through our midfield most of the game. One more extra body in midfield certainly helped at least the defensive side of our game.
Also- he just came in from injury, so he was far from matchfit/sharp.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2022, 10:31:13 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14658 on: September 3, 2022, 09:39:21 am »

Thought he was one of the few who had a decent game.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #14659 on: September 3, 2022, 09:46:04 am »
Bobby was ineffective in the final third of the pitch, but I wouldn't say that was through any fault of his own.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14660 on: September 3, 2022, 02:26:58 pm »
He was incredible today. I was very wrong to say he's finished.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14661 on: September 3, 2022, 02:34:14 pm »
Fair play I wrote him off but he’s our Best attacker atm (w/ Diaz) which says something I guess.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #14662 on: September 3, 2022, 02:41:46 pm »
He was fantastic when he came on. We need to change our shape and have him behind our attack

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14663 on: September 3, 2022, 02:42:24 pm »
He looked physically as good as ever which was great to see.

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #14664 on: September 3, 2022, 02:49:41 pm »
Again he was our biggest threat upfront.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14665 on: September 3, 2022, 03:00:26 pm »
He's back - looks fit and sharp.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14666 on: September 3, 2022, 03:10:05 pm »
Best attacking threat today. When Nunez is playing, Bobby should be playing just behind/off him
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14667 on: September 13, 2022, 11:01:52 pm »
Please get him a new contract!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14668 on: September 13, 2022, 11:02:13 pm »

Hmm, I am not sure.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14669 on: September 13, 2022, 11:03:57 pm »

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #14670 on: September 14, 2022, 07:53:57 am »

Why?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14671 on: September 14, 2022, 01:52:45 pm »
He was outstanding when he came on yesterday. Darwin creates a lot of space for him to operate.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #14672 on: September 18, 2022, 11:34:49 am »
Carragher going in on him again

Shithouse
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14673 on: September 18, 2022, 12:02:50 pm »

Shithouse

What did he say?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14674 on: September 18, 2022, 01:49:09 pm »

Shithouse
"Again" being the operative word. The Bootle Baresi has a thing about Bobby it seems.

Must be envy when even at the height of his own career, he was barely able to trap a bag of cement before the patent still pending, hop, skip and hoof.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14675 on: September 18, 2022, 02:40:43 pm »
Bobby doesn't score 25 goals a season. Therefore, others are better.

It's a tired argument.

It's a team game. Bobby has helped to make us what we are and what we've won. And will continue to.

Jurgen is tired of defending Bobby against neanderthal arguments.

Bobby is Boss.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14676 on: September 18, 2022, 04:05:50 pm »
If Bobby doesn't get a new contract then maybe Jurgen agrees with carra somewhat

It isn't ideal to have an outfield sub who can only play one position and needs the team to adjust to his stly  of play.  I was hoping we might shift to a 4 - 2 - 3 -1, as that migvht give bobby a more prominent role this yr.  Bobby looks like he  is gonna move on and we are moving on from the false 9 role, o I guess carra might be right

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14677 on: September 18, 2022, 05:42:04 pm »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #14678 on: September 18, 2022, 05:56:04 pm »
Hes still a great player, playing some of his best football in a struggling team
Hes not a traditional 9, but he never was and that worked fine.

Also, I think we should see it as a tactical opportunity, not burden, to have a different player like him in the squad.

Its kind of absurd to say that the team has to adapt to him, when hes been the gel keeping our attack ticking in so many games. Hes done so much ungrateful groundwork for Salah and Mane

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14679 on: September 18, 2022, 06:27:04 pm »
"Ungrateful"?