Author Topic: Michael Owen LFC International Ambassador  (Read 50999 times)

Offline cookie-monster

• Anny Roader
  • Attack is the best form of defence
Re: Michael Owen LFC International Ambassador
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2016, 04:49:05 pm »
plus... who sits in that board anx voted FOR?
irc://irc.centralchat.net:6667/LFC

"Gentlemen, the screwballs have spoken!"  - The Simpsons

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2016, 04:50:17 pm »
its simple fact that he played for man  united
that should disqualify anyone from being lfc ambassador

I wonder if the Mancs tore down statues/pictures of Matt Busby when they realised he played for us?

It's fine. No need to fret too much. He was a brilliant player for us and went to Madrid because, frankly, he thought we could not match his ambitions.

The subsequent season's trophy allocation was satisfaction enough for me to prove him wrong and I don't even blame him for going on a medal robbing spree down Manc way, really.

All players are self-serving really. Even those that stay with one club. It's just that their ambition is to stay at one club, so they satisfy their own ambition that way. It's not like Carra really wanted to leave but felt he owed it to us to stay. It's only a sacrifice when you do something you don't want to do on behalf of others.

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2016, 04:51:59 pm »
Nice of the club to give the outrage brigade something to fewm about after a fantastic week

To be honest, if this makes someone angry, they need to rethink what's important.

If this seals us a deal with some Qatari prince who accidentally thought he was signing a sponsorship deal with the Mancs, I'm all in.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2016, 04:52:30 pm »
It's a bit of a nothing role anyway. He did more good for us than bad. I just wish he'd give up his commentary commitments more than anything.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2016, 04:53:32 pm »
The club is out of touch with the fans.

Maybe we'll have mckenzie & bettison doing media & match day operations next?

Some might not be arsed,there doesnt seem to be anyone at the club who see's & feels what the fans do.

I can imagine an overseas trip of importance with someone behind MO giving it  :wanker whilst he is on air..

Over-reaction..fuck off.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2016, 04:55:49 pm »
Fucking stupid appointment

He should be nowhere near the club in any capacity
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2016, 04:58:06 pm »
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline cookie-monster

• Anny Roader
  • Attack is the best form of defence
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2016, 04:58:58 pm »
I wonder if the Mancs tore down statues/pictures of Matt Busby when they realised he played for us?

It's fine. No need to fret too much. He was a brilliant player for us and went to Madrid because, frankly, he thought we could not match his ambitions.

The subsequent season's trophy allocation was satisfaction enough for me to prove him wrong and I don't even blame him for going on a medal robbing spree down Manc way, really.

All players are self-serving really. Even those that stay with one club. It's just that their ambition is to stay at one club, so they satisfy their own ambition that way. It's not like Carra really wanted to leave but felt he owed it to us to stay. It's only a sacrifice when you do something you don't want to do on behalf of others.

first. . don't care what mancs do will do or won't do
this is about LFC
not about owen. or mancs.  or whoever

its all irrelevant
we had lots of brilliant players.
not all of em deserve the honor to represent. .yes REPRESENT  liverpool football club
he lost the right long time ago
and its one thing to go dig for metal.. its another to do it with your friggin arch rival
irc://irc.centralchat.net:6667/LFC

"Gentlemen, the screwballs have spoken!"  - The Simpsons

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »
Well the board voted 5-2 in favour of him taking the role.

You don't need luck when you've got 71.4% of the population behind you.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2016, 05:07:34 pm »
Fucking hell.  Is Lawro going to be working with him??
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2016, 05:13:02 pm »
Probably the worst choice after Diouf. The club overlooked Rush, Kenny, Carra, Gerrard, Hyypia, God, Souness and many more to opt for this Judas. Someone needs to get sacked for this.

The worst after Diouff? Ridiculous.

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2016, 05:18:36 pm »
unbelivable.... absolutely unbelivable. it has to be a joke....

just why must there be some bad news even when we're on a good run? :no :no

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2016, 06:06:56 pm »
What next? Judas getting anointed as a Saint?

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2016, 06:08:14 pm »
Meh.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2016, 06:10:18 pm »
Hes a c*nt and I'm sad he will be drawing a salary from us. Cant we put the money that this odious twat will be earning to better use.  We could give the lower paid, behind the scenes, staff a payrise or bonus or something.

Well done the board.  Id be interested to know who wanted this.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2016, 06:13:41 pm »
Probably the worst choice after Diouf. The club overlooked Rush, Kenny, Carra, Gerrard, Hyypia, God, Souness and many more to opt for this Judas. Someone needs to get sacked for this.

Im angry myself mate but Im sure Kenny and Rushie are employed by the club and possibley Robbie too. Carra is on TV, Sami will be looking at a more hands on role somewhere, Gerrard still plays. As for the other one on the list, dont think he would be too popular either mate.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2016, 06:20:35 pm »
I'm assuming Gary Glitter, Rolf Harris and Kim Il Sung said no before they asked him. We might be able to buy that shit Michael Jackson statue off the crap London club as well, have it next to shanks, if we are going to call the recent past just a laugh.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2016, 06:24:16 pm »
If you want to see the reaction look here:

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/723149415867781122

Liverpool fans angry, opposition fans mocking us, another masterstroke from the LFC hierarchy. Guess they got bored that there hadn't been LFC drama in the past few months since the ticket debate.
I'm not on Twitter so I don't know how it works, but can you literally just write/tweet anything on someone else's twitter account?
Or does it have to be 'screened' by the page owner before it actually appears on their twitter page??

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2016, 06:25:00 pm »
Haha...don't mind Owen myself, Rafa went to Chelsea and people still love him.

He's the type of clean living,well respected ex player modern day clubs look to for this type of role. Don't see the point in getting so worked up about this appointment.

Bit daft/dull in some people's eyes or not Owen is a safe bet, that's what probably counts.

Either way the whole thing doesn't bother me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:26:34 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2016, 06:27:31 pm »
Ian ayre playing a part in this wouldn't surprise me. So out of touch with the fans
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2016, 06:30:09 pm »
He's a bit of an irrelevance for many football fans. It's his own fault, but his image as a player gets overlooked by his snide, boring personality and his actions later on in his career. He's one of the most talented forwards we've ever had, I truly believe that. His numbers back that up. As a kid he was my hero, he was in the team just before Stevie and I had every kit with his number on. I was gutted when he left and I was desperate for him to come back but he went to Newcastle.

But I was just a kid then and as I've gotten older I've realized that I'm glad he didn't. I've realized that was always focused on himself and England and he didn't really care too much about Liverpool. The way he left, the way he acted, the things he said and then joining that lot down the road ended any affinity I had for him. I don't hate him but I simply don't care too much about him. This is a rather odd appointment I have to say.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2016, 06:34:17 pm »
Ian ayre playing a part in this wouldn't surprise me. So out of touch with the fans

How very fucking dare you!

You make out the club is like inconsiderate or something, to the fans.

Next you'll be telling us - the club wanted to have a meeting about the main stand build at 2pm on the 15 April and only near the last minute, where they politely reminded of the significance of the date and asked to cancel the meeting........... or something like that.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2016, 06:37:16 pm »
I'll always have a soft spot for Owen because he was my favourite player growing up. But this is a really strange one from the club, cannot see this ending well.
-YNWA-

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2016, 06:37:27 pm »
Why are we employing an ex manc as an ambassador for the Reds?

What a turd of a move by the club  :o

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2016, 06:37:37 pm »
It has to be another Owen. Out of all our former players, it's inconvievable that it's the Michael Owen.
He screwed us over twice, or at least once + joined our biggest rivals.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline liverbirduponmychest

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2016, 06:40:13 pm »
He's a traitor and Judas, ambassador my arse, he's no liverpool legend, he could of been but he made his decisions and I for one I'll give the little prick shit till my dying day

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2016, 06:44:39 pm »
Using the word 'we' when talking about Utd.

And for that reason, I'm out.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2016, 06:48:45 pm »
How very fucking dare you!

You make out the club is like inconsiderate or something, to the fans.

Next you'll be telling us - the club wanted to have a meeting about the main stand build at 2pm on the 15 April and only near the last minute, where they politely reminded of the significance of the date and asked to cancel the meeting........... or something like that.

Is that true

Offline CIDER_RED

• Main Stander
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2016, 06:53:23 pm »
Thought he sounded too pro LFC in the commentary rather than the usual shite he talks. He must have already collected his first paycheck.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2016, 06:53:37 pm »
It's a strange appointment but the grudge is fucking pathetic.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2016, 06:58:31 pm »
What's he going to do do as an ambassador? - bore them to death with his stories and monotonous tone? lie to them like he did to us? or give advice to those who need gagging orders? knocking up teen babysitters? not pay gambling debts (until he realises it's better for his health that he does)? use the word 'us' and 'we' when talking about Man Utd? how to be a self-important prick?

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2016, 06:59:37 pm »
Bizarre.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2016, 06:59:44 pm »

He's the type of clean living,well respected ex player modern day clubs look to for this type of role. Don't see the point in getting so worked up about this appointment.

Bit daft/dull in some people's eyes or not Owen is a safe bet, that's what probably counts.

Rafa didn't fuck us over, snub us, then sign for our rivals.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
unbelivable.... absolutely unbelivable. it has to be a joke....

just why must there be some bad news even when we're on a good run? :no :no

Exactly, it's going to completely disrupt our momentum and cause problems in the dressing room...

Wait, it's going to have fuck all effect on anything.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2016, 07:14:43 pm »
Rafa didn't fuck us over, snub us, then sign for our rivals.

How did Owen fuck us over?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2016, 07:25:57 pm »

It should bother you, if someone is going to represent LFC then I would prefer it if the job was going to somebody who was loyal to this club John Barnes, Kenny Dalglish just two of more great names. you are comparing Rafa to Owen, crazy
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:27:42 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2016, 07:26:18 pm »
How did Owen fuck us over?
I can`t remember exactly but didn`t he let his contract run down, wouldn`t sign a deal we offered, spoke on the media about how he staying and would sign then signed for Madrid soon after?

Something like that I`m sure.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2016, 07:31:27 pm »
I can`t remember exactly but didn`t he let his contract run down, wouldn`t sign a deal we offered, spoke on the media about how he staying and would sign then signed for Madrid soon after?

Something like that I`m sure.

Would you have been happy if he had signed the deal then put a transfer request in?
Do you still hold a grudge against Torres?

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2016, 07:34:17 pm »
Would you have been happy if he had signed the deal then put a transfer request in?
Do you still hold a grudge against Torres?

We got 50 m for Torres. We got 8 for Owen.  Owen shafted us big time. Actually  we got less because we had to pay Micheal Nunez's wages for a year as well. ( ok that last bit is a cheap shot as Nunez does have a champions league medal).
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline eryder

• Main Stander
  • The end of the match.
Billy Beane is not my lover