Author Topic: Liverpool Summer tour & pre-season games  (Read 586678 times)

Offline tripred

• "I'll be willing to get bummed by a goat ... just saying like"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • YNWA
Liverpool Summer tour & pre-season games
« on: December 7, 2014, 02:43:46 pm »
LFC's upcoming pre-season friendlies...   (UK dates and times)

Wed 12th July, 7.45pm ko     vs Tranmere                                      live on LFC tv
Fri 14th July, 7.30pm ko        vs Wigan Athletic                             live on LFC tv
Wed 19th July, 1.30pm ko     vs Crystal Palace (PL Asia Trophy)    live on Sky Sports
Sat 22nd July, TBC ko            vs TBC (PL Asia Trophy)                      live on Sky Sports
Sat 29th July, 5pm ko            vs Hertha Berlin                               live on LFC tv

Tue 1st August, 7.30pm ko    vs Bayern Munich (Audi Cup)            live on BT Sport
Wed 2nd August, TBC ko        vs TBC (Audi Cup)                               live on BT Sport
Sat 5th August, 5.15pm ko     vs Athletic Bilbao                             live on LFC tv                    played at the Aviva Stadium, Dublin

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:43:37 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline 21

• Barrack-room Hutz
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Summer tour 2015 - Australia and Thailand????
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:41:24 am »
Liverpool Australia @LFC_Australia  ·  6h 6 hours ago

So in case you missed it - on very good authority that #LFC to our Oz in July and play #AdelaideOval is a done deal! YEP!!

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:12:55 am »
Adelaide?? fuck that what happened to Sydney?
JFT 96

Offline 21

• Barrack-room Hutz
  • Kopite
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 06:35:16 am »
Word was it was only ever gonna be Adelaide or Brisbane.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 07:19:38 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if they got a game in at India this year too. Especially after this weekend's BPL Live event.
YNWA.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:18:02 am »
Is there any chance we could have a year off from this touring and have a proper pre-season? Do some hard graft in the alps rather than flying to the furthest possible destination.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 11:03:10 am »
Adelaide?? FFS play in Sydney!
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:35 am »
Is there any chance we could have a year off from this touring and have a proper pre-season? Do some hard graft in the alps rather than flying to the furthest possible destination.

Would do us the world of good but the team will always come second to the commercial aspect as far as pre-season is concerned unfortunately.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 11:24:58 am »

Wait until we sign a deal with Virgin Galactic next season and have a pre-season in space. Bet Balotellii is still offside.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 11:46:25 am »
It is definitely Australia.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 12:29:30 pm »

Going on tour during the summer has really hampered Chelsea, City, Utd, Arsenal hasn't it?

2016 will be America.

There will also be a Supporters Convention in the USA the summer of 2016 sometime after the close of the season until August. Dates are being worked on.

It will be a multi day event. Things for kids to do. Plenty of Legends. Maybe a golf tournament.

Orlando or Las Vegas as the venue.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 12:41:05 pm »
Going on tour during the summer has really hampered Chelsea, City, Utd, Arsenal hasn't it?

2016 will be America.

There will also be a Supporters Convention in the USA the summer of 2016 sometime after the close of the season until August. Dates are being worked on.

It will be a multi day event. Things for kids to do. Plenty of Legends. Maybe a golf tournament.

Orlando or Las Vegas as the venue.
Chelsea didn't go on a tour to America or the far east this year. Also not sure if Arsenal are a good example given their form isn't great either.

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 12:46:37 am »
Going to Australia really affected our league campaign last season  :-X

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 01:16:45 am »
Just come to Austin, Texas. It's warm and we have chairs.

???
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 02:14:47 am »
Had this confirmed to me by a staff member when I went to Anfield back in July. This is the ground they will be playing at in Adelaide.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MhrKNbG0TMY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MhrKNbG0TMY</a>

For those that haven't seen, this is what happened the last time Liverpool came to Australia. A MUST WATCH.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5iLL57puZPM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5iLL57puZPM</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIbBPXi4riM

Would be another incredible occasion, and I'll definitely be making the roadtrip from Melbourne to Adelaide.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:16:29 am by OzBomber »

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 02:29:52 am »
We'll be able to sign Messi now, with the lure of a trip to Adelaide !!!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 03:49:52 am »
That Adelaide video was one of the corniest things I've ever ever seen.

Hilarious. :lmao
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline tripred

• "I'll be willing to get bummed by a goat ... just saying like"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 07:35:52 pm »
Was hoping for Sydney or Brisbane - As that's where i'm going....Ahh well....   more beer money

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 01:51:38 am »
Was hoping for Sydney or Brisbane - As that's where i'm going....Ahh well....   more beer money
They're going to Brisbane too mate.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 03:56:40 am »

Latest rumour is Adelaide, Brisbane, Indonesia and I think it was Thailand or some other Asian nation.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: February 3, 2015, 10:36:13 pm »
It's official!  :scarf

Brisbane - July 17
Adelaide - July 20

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/177650-2015-tour-annoucement

Liverpool FC today announced that the club will be returning to Australia in July as part of their 2015 pre-season tour.

The first team will play games in Adelaide and Brisbane - the Reds' very first visit to these two cities.

They will kick off in Queensland against Brisbane Roar at the Suncorp Stadium on Friday July 17, and then face Adelaide United at the Adelaide Oval on Monday July 20.

Liverpool's fixtures in Queensland and South Australia are just one element of a programme of activity that the club is delivering in 2015 to bring Australian fans closer to the team they support.

Ian Ayre, the Reds' chief executive officer, said: "We visited Australia for the first time two years ago and the support we received from our Australian fans was incredible.

"Liverpool FC have more than 600,000 supporters in Australia and we look forward to meeting as many of them as possible while we are in the country.

"Pre-season is an important time for the team as they prepare for the upcoming season and the matches against Brisbane Roar and Adelaide United are an exciting part of that preparation, giving our supporters a chance to see the team up close, no matter how far away from Anfield they live."

As well as a full Liverpool squad, the touring party will include coaching staff from the Liverpool FC Foundation to carry out work in the community throughout the visit as well as taking part in events with official supporters' clubs.

Hospitality tickets for the matches go on sale today and can be purchased by clicking here, where fans can also pre-register for general admission tickets.

The club will be contacting local official supporters' clubs, local LFC Official Members and those who attended the Reds' 2013 fixture at Melbourne Cricket Ground with details regarding a ticket pre-sale.

Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) chief executive Leanne Coddington said: "Liverpool FC is one of the world's greatest football institutions and securing the match further built on Brisbane's reputation as a premier events destination.

"High-profile events such as this play an important role in enhancing Queensland's tourism profile, and TEQ is proud to support Liverpool FC's tour.

"The match will be a highlight among a fantastic sporting line-up of events for Brisbane in 2015 which will be promoted as part of 'It's Live! in Queensland'.

"Queensland is home to three-time A-League champions Brisbane Roar, who will have the opportunity to play against one of the world's top clubs."

South Australia's acting tourism minister, Tom Koutsantonis, said securing a Liverpool game at the world-famous Adelaide Oval is a huge coup for the state.

He commented: "A stadium packed with Reds fans from throughout Australia and the world will be a magnificent showcase for the Adelaide Oval and South Australia.

"Such world-class sporting events are huge draw cards, and we also anticipate a global TV audience for the game, so it is the perfect platform to showcase Adelaide to the rest of the world."

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 3, 2015, 10:38:35 pm »
2 games?! Fuck yes!

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 4, 2015, 12:41:59 am »
Man. Just man.

Actually will be in a situation I never thought I would be where my 2 teams on opposite sides of the planet (Liverpool & Roar) are playing each other.

Heart def with LFC, but going to be weird cheering against the roar :o

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 4, 2015, 12:44:30 am »
Unfortunately you won't get the same reaction around the world as you get with one game at the MCG, but will definitely be great to see!

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #25 on: February 4, 2015, 01:35:55 am »
Devastated that they're skipping Sydney again. Unfortunately, as a broke student, I just can't afford to make a trip to either Brisbane or Adelaide, just like I couldn't afford Melbourne before either. Damn shame for me but amazing for the reds in South Australia and Queensland!
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Sweeney94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26 on: February 4, 2015, 01:37:59 am »
Anyone know what's going on with tickets yet? I need some tickets for the Adelaide game.

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: February 4, 2015, 02:07:50 am »
Anyone know what's going on with tickets yet? I need some tickets for the Adelaide game.

No announcement yet on sale dates, sign up to the general sale watch list.
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=LFCTOUR15&utm_source=ticketek&utm_medium=friendlylink&utm_campaign=LiverpoolFC

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #28 on: February 4, 2015, 02:08:25 am »
Devastated that they're skipping Sydney again. Unfortunately, as a broke student, I just can't afford to make a trip to either Brisbane or Adelaide, just like I couldn't afford Melbourne before either. Damn shame for me but amazing for the reds in South Australia and Queensland!

Seriously? I'm a broke student in Brisbane and managed to get down to see them play in Melbourne. Ticket was $25, backpacker hostel was $15 and flights were under $100 each way with Tiger. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 4, 2015, 03:28:01 am »
Seriously? I'm a broke student in Brisbane and managed to get down to see them play in Melbourne. Ticket was $25, backpacker hostel was $15 and flights were under $100 each way with Tiger. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Can get between Melb & Syd for a lot less than $200 return (bus, drive, etc) too

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30 on: February 4, 2015, 03:52:00 am »
Can get between Melb & Syd for a lot less than $200 return (bus, drive, etc) too

Definitely can, I literally had a $76 return flight (carry-on) Melb - Syd recently with Tiger, best bet is to sign up to the mailing list for Virgin/Jet Star/Tiger.

Then once you're done unsubscribe so you're not spammed any more  :)

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #31 on: February 4, 2015, 04:31:59 am »
Should go to Japan, big market to be exploited there and its close to Australia, I cant understand why they don't.Be good if the boys came to Melbourne again, Sydney isn't as passionate about live sporting events as Melbourne.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 4, 2015, 08:06:15 am »
Had 3 mates that were keen to do a roadtrip from Melbourne to Adelaide. Now that it's been announced they've all got cold feet and don't want to go anymore. Guess I won't be seeing the Reds. :(

Might have to make do with an end of year trip to Anfield instead.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #33 on: February 4, 2015, 09:09:02 am »
All signed up for the waiting list for Brisbane.

I'm glad Adelaide got a game, too. The new Adelaide Oval configuration is a fantastic caldron for sport. Some of those Port Adelaide games in the AFL last season were fantastic and encapsulated a true atmosphere.

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: February 4, 2015, 09:26:24 am »
For those that haven't seen, this is what happened the last time Liverpool came to Australia. A MUST WATCH.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5iLL57puZPM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5iLL57puZPM</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIbBPXi4riM

Was the only highlight, because the game itself was horrid. Hoping for better when the Reds come back in July !

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #35 on: February 4, 2015, 09:39:45 am »
Hospitality tickets are on sale already.  Just got an email from back home that the flights to Brisvegas from Sydney are almost sold out on the weekend.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 4, 2015, 12:09:09 pm »

I did it in style and blew my life savings on it. Spent the week in Melbourne, crashing at a mate's. Flights were $120 IIRC return and apart from that spent a grand just on food on drinks by living it up. But Brisbane is locked in.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 4, 2015, 12:10:29 pm »
Was the only highlight, because the game itself was horrid. Hoping for better when the Reds come back in July !

People thought it was some karaoke before the game. And this was in the travelling Kop. I just hope the ticketing isn't the scam it was last time and genuine fans actually get tickets to go in the travelling Kop rather than people that are just there to watch a team they heard about somewhere.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 4, 2015, 12:12:34 pm »
All signed up for the waiting list for Brisbane.

I'm glad Adelaide got a game, too. The new Adelaide Oval configuration is a fantastic caldron for sport. Some of those Port Adelaide games in the AFL last season were fantastic and encapsulated a true atmosphere.

What waiting list mate ? Don't tell me the Queensland supporters club ?! I had to unsubscribe after the constant potshots at Brendan during our bad start to the season by bellends that admit that even a couple of years ago they didn't know a single song apart from 'Queenslander' at the State of Origin was just a bit too much for me. I'm hoping to nab some tickets the old school way with my LFC membership.

Edit: Signed up to the ticketek one.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2015, 12:15:04 pm by jooneyisdagod »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: February 4, 2015, 12:15:33 pm »
Both stadiums are about 50k or so right?