Author Topic: The 2019 Formula One Thread  (Read 140143 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: The 2019 Formula One Thread
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2019, 01:13:48 pm »
And to that end here is the morning session lap count

Vettel - 72
Bottas - 69
Hulkenberg - 65
Sainz - 56
Verstappen - 52
Raikkonen - 46
Kvyat - 35
Perez - 20
Grosjean - 18

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2019, 01:17:30 pm »
Oh dear indeed. I really wanted them to have a good season. They’ve fallen a long way in the last 2-3 years.
They really have haven't they. Such a shame. Although McLaren haven't fared much better
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:39:30 pm by dirkster »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2019, 02:06:16 pm »
Annnnd the McLaren has broken down

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2019, 02:16:59 pm »
Oh dear indeed. I really wanted them to have a good season. They’ve fallen a long way in the last 2-3 years.
it was nice seeing them back up there in 2014-5

16 and 17 wasnt even that bad. sunk like a stone though

paddy lowe has been there 2 years now and i dont see any improvement,

pat symonds leaving probably hurt?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2019, 04:10:58 pm »
Hamilton fanboy Benson on the beeb feed seems to think Williams will be slow as fuck anyway when they do finally get going.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2019, 04:20:39 pm »
it was nice seeing them back up there in 2014-5

16 and 17 wasnt even that bad. sunk like a stone though

paddy lowe has been there 2 years now and i dont see any improvement,

pat symonds leaving probably hurt?

Probably has something to do with it but who really knows. It is just really sad to see such a proud team having so many problems and with talk this years car will be even slower and further behind. I wonder how long they can last ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2019, 02:41:38 am »
Given that there have been discussions in the past on how the halo affects the driver's vision, I thought that this might be of some interest.  Three minutes of visor-cam with Danny Ric:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PcL7I1NSQDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PcL7I1NSQDs</a>

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2019, 09:21:29 am »

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2019, 09:43:34 am »
That Ferrari appears far too orange for my liking personally.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2019, 11:24:42 am »
Apart from the Williams not turning up, all the teams are showing no obvious signs of issues. Some, like the Alfa, are showing more than was expected of them.

This may be a decent season.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2019, 12:50:28 pm »
McLaren looking stronger than the past few years of pre season testing. Would be good to see them competing properly
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2019, 12:24:38 pm »
https://www.autosport.com/f1/live/2853866/barcelona-f1-test-day-three-2019

kimi fastest

williams are there and hopefully see them this afternoon

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2019, 06:39:49 pm »
These times surely can’t mean much?

Either Mercedes have totally screwed up their car, or they are totally sandbagging.  Their times are seconds off the pace... seems unlikely to me.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2019, 06:41:02 pm »

Either Mercedes have totally screwed up their car, or they are totally sandbagging.  Their times are seconds off the pace... seems unlikely to me.

ignore the times, it's the first week of testing.

except when brawn fucking rinsed everyone a few years back. their times did mean something then.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2019, 06:41:51 pm »
ignore the times, it's the first week of testing.

except when brawn fucking rinsed everyone a few years back. their times did mean something then.
Mind you, I do expect Ferrari to be fastest.  They have been at the start of the season. They seem to struggle to maintain that though.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2019, 06:47:08 pm »
that is probably "genuine" pace from ferrari aye.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2019, 09:30:10 pm »
New F1 documentary on Netflix....

https://youtu.be/OCMDH_at1_o

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:53 pm »

They're sandbagging. They have done it in pre season testing a lot. Also no way of knowing the fuel and set up they're running. Towards the end of testing we will probably see the them demonstrate some pace.

By the same token Ferrari, and correct me if I am wrong, were very quick pre season last few years and don't seem as bothered about showing their pace

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2019, 07:18:41 am »
They're sandbagging. They have done it in pre season testing a lot. Also no way of knowing the fuel and set up they're running. Towards the end of testing we will probably see the them demonstrate some pace.

By the same token Ferrari, and correct me if I am wrong, were very quick pre season last few years and don't seem as bothered about showing their pace

I agree.  The times mean little at this stage.  Kvyat the quickest on day three, but when you look at the times, the quickest times are on par with what Mclaren did in last years test (1:17.7) and we all know where they were when things mattered. 

I don't agree that Mclaren look much stronger than last years test though as they topped the times on day one and were second on the final day at Catalunya with the aforementioned 1:17.7 in 2018.  Nothing is representative of the cars true, relative pace at this point, that much is certain.     
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:21:48 am by Darren G »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2019, 09:10:55 am »

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2019, 09:34:26 am »
Merc turning up the wick today. Hamilton already pumping in some quick laps on the harder tire.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2019, 09:34:38 am »
Leclerc and Hamilton on track doing quick times on same compound

this should be good for a few mins

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2019, 09:37:14 am »
From that link above: “Mercedes technical chief James Allison said last night the team would "focus a little bit more on performance" today”.

So def been holding back as per.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2019, 09:37:41 am »
From that link above: “Mercedes technical chief James Allison said last night the team would "focus a little bit more on performance" today”.

So def been holding back as per.
it was obvious they were to be fair

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2019, 09:57:08 am »
There's no such thing as sand bagging at testing. Your just going through different setup programmes and gathering as much data as possible

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2019, 10:04:30 am »
There's no such thing as sand bagging at testing. Your just going through different setup programmes and gathering as much data as possible
not showing the cars true pace is sandbagging whatever way you look at it

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2019, 10:34:51 am »
not showing the cars true pace is sandbagging whatever way you look at it

Well every team sand bags then because no team shows there true pace at testing.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2019, 11:31:36 am »
Well every team sand bags then because no team shows there true pace at testing.
some far more than others

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2019, 11:31:00 am »
The general opinion in the paddock is that Ferrari have the best car. This isn't a surprise though. Ferrari have pumped even more money in. Also they in general had the best car last year bar one upgrade that didn't work. They lost it because of their mistake and hamilton's quality.

They will rightly be favourites imo this season.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 11:33:34 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2019, 12:01:16 pm »
The general opinion in the paddock is that Ferrari have the best car. This isn't a surprise though. Ferrari have pumped even more money in. Also they in general had the best car last year bar one upgrade that didn't work. They lost it because of their mistake and hamilton's quality.

They will rightly be favourites imo this season.

I really don't think that there was much in it over the course of the season.  That "one upgrade" that didn't work cost them significant  performance in 4 races.  In the other races the advantage that mercedes had on weekends when their car was stronger was greater than that which Ferrari had on weekends when they were the strongest.  There's no arguing that Seb's mistakes coupled with some tactical errors cost them dearly or that Hamilton was the best driver last year, but I don't feel that Ferrari had a clear-cut advantage overall by any means.  I agree that Ferrari look very strong thus far, though Mercedes still have plenty of time for improvement before lights-out at Melbourne.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:07:36 pm by Darren G »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2019, 12:53:51 pm »
The problem is that when it’s close, Vettel can’t compete with Hamilton over a whole season.

When he’s got an advantage and can lead from the front he’s imperious.
W

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2019, 01:00:11 pm »
The problem is that when it’s close, Vettel can’t compete with Hamilton over a whole season.

When he’s got an advantage and can lead from the front he’s imperious.

I don't agree with that.  He's fine on relative race pace, he just needs to cut out the silly mistakes.  Anyhow, this subject has probaably been done to death so I'll leave it there with an 'agree to disagree'.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2019, 01:06:48 pm »
Looks like Ted Kravitz is no longer going to be in the Sky coverage. That’s a real shame, imo. I know he’s a bit of a bumbling fool, but he brought an enthusiastic levity to the coverage. I think Karun Chandhok is a good addition to the lineup and hopefully Jenson Button does well, although I can’t stand his matey “bantz” style.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2019, 01:12:20 pm »
that's a load of arse.

bring back ted.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2019, 01:45:51 pm »
Yeah, that's a bummer.  Ted could be a bit of a twat at times but I did like his input overall and his interactions with Brundle.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2019, 02:01:20 pm »
Any particular reason Kravitz has gone?

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2019, 02:05:11 pm »
Any particular reason Kravitz has gone?
No idea. Maybe they didn’t like his cargo shorts / sandals combo.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2019, 02:15:00 pm »
Why would you keep Crofty and bin Ted Kravitz? Absolutely barmy.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2019, 02:16:02 pm »
Seems there are rumours he fell out with the new Sky F1 boss and didn’t have his contract renewed.