Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v Man City 0  (Read 46946 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v Man City 0
« Reply #200 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:45 pm »
That ball down the sides to salah needed binning off. It's literally clear as day it's our only get out when pressed up the pitch and every team has got on to it.

Mane is doing my fucking head in

He's been doing mine in for fucking weeks.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:47 pm »
What did he do wrong?

Fernandinho 4 clear bookings also fouled Salah in the build up to the pen.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:48 pm »
no goal in 4 from any of our fine forwards, certainly would've expected 1 or 2. that said, 20 points, considering who we've played, is a nice tally so far.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #203 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:51 pm »
Massive, massive let off, City deserved the win and should have had another penalty in the first half.

That's 3 games of pretty dire football on the trot, we played well for the most part in the League Cup match versus Chelsea but since then have scored 1, conceded 2 in three games. The concern being not the goals scored, but just how poor we've looked in possession.

Big issues for Klopp to fix going forward.

Rubbish. We were clearly the better side I'm the 2nd half and the first was even.

Dire football? We've played 3 games against top 3 teams lately, 2 in the league and drawn 2 of them. I don't know what your expectations are but they aren't grounded in reality.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2018, 06:31:58 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:52 pm »
Don’t understand this at all. We were good, not great. They sat back a lot. Two fairly evenly matched teams.
we gave away a pen and should have given away another. Didnt really look like imposing our games either...that wasnt good from us. But we survive and move on

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #205 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:58 pm »
So pleased. Top after 8 and we’ve had a very tough start.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:58 pm »
In the end i am happy with the point except vor Van dijks mistake the defence was good... although sane loves to fall...

Thought our midfield and Front line were too anonymous and not creative....

Shaquiri would have been a better sub than sturridge given todays occasion....

Anyway i can live with this point... 5 point from city, spurs and chelsea (two away) is good and we can build on that

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #207 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:59 pm »
Some of the comments on here?
We just went toe to toe with Manchester City. The mighty Manchester City who batter everyone. We gave as good as we got. We were putting them under so much pressure that they resorted to shithousery. Ok so we couldn’t find a way through, but when David Silva is putting little kicks in to the back of heels because he was getting marked out of the game...
We will play worse and hammer teams.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:06 pm »
What did they do to deserve the win? Genuinely. Look a very even match to me.

Yeah, neither side deserved to win that, a draw is fair.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #209 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:09 pm »
Can we talk about the big elephant in the room? Salah is absolutely atrocious and needs a spell out. He lost the ball that led to the attack which forced Van Dijk into a challenge. I've no idea what's wrong but it's beginning to cost us. We're constantly looking for him in attack where he's just not at the races and the ball is constantly bouncing off him and possession is then promptly lost.

I agree. He needs a rest. I can't see him playing into form. We are more likely to injure him. On current form, giving Shaqiri some game time seems a no-brainer.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:12 pm »
Got through that horrible run of fixtures relatively unscathed

Onwards and upwards from here
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:13 pm »
So, presumably now the game is finished Fernandinho will be releasing Atkinson's family.

That's the only reason I can think of as to how he wasn't booked in that game.

By my count he made at least 4 fouls that were yellow cards in their own right, as well as the forearm into Mane's throat that could have been a red.

On a related note, pissed me off massively that Sky comms laughed off the Mane throat challenge as "What's Fernandhino like?", while making the most of the two fingers Jesus had placed on his cheek.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2018, 06:32:32 pm by RJH »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:20 pm »
Still haven't conceded a league goal at home since February.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #213 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:21 pm »
Why was our own player trying to score against us?
Uhh sure.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:21 pm »
Mince again lads, genuinely haven't played well in the league since Tottenham away, and even then home to West Ham is what you'd call a good performance before that, grinding out results while playing shit is good and all, but I'm yearning for the Liverpool of last season.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #215 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:22 pm »
He really isn't, he worked hard once more today I think Mane had a worst game today. He just needs a goal to come for him.

He is. Shots that used to fly into the top corner last season are either being fired horribly wide or passed straight to the opposition keeper. He passing is off and the ball is bouncing off him like in pinball. Mane at times I think tries to go it alone but at least he makes things happen and his overall play is nowhere near as poor as Salah's is at the moment. He seems very low on confidence and it nearly cost us the game today.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #216 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:28 pm »

They created very little City considering the possession they enjoyed.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:32 pm »
Don’t understand this at all. We were good, not great. They sat back a lot. Two fairly evenly matched teams.

It's funny how people can have differing opinions about matches, I kind of agree with you, both teams played okay, not great and a draw was a fair result. Did okay in a tough run of fixtures, results could have been better but only one real poor performance. I expect a lot of negativity given we're not firing on all cylinders yet, though not as bad as some say. We're third in the league and off the top on goal difference, pretty decent.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:37 pm »
Dion Dublin Radio Five live saying Lovren man of the match
Na that was Henderson

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:41 pm »
The front three’s form is worrying - I think Klopp has to take part of the blame for no rotation in the last 3 games.

We desperately need an attacking midfielder in Jan.

We have an easier run after the break, should help them get a few goals.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #220 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:44 pm »
Lucky to get anything from that game. We've been really poor in final 3rd, looks like Mane and Salah are completely new to the team and forgot how to play football. Doesn't help the fact they've played all the minutes. I think today showed why Firmino is a starter and always will be ahead of Sturridge, he lost ball two times in space of 5 minutes and allowed City to counter attack. Legit forgot Keita was on the pitch, lad needs to step it up.

All in all we still haven't lost this season which is somehow ridiculous but fucking great nonetheless.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #221 on: October 7, 2018, 06:30:53 pm »
by the way this is City without their best player - they were there for the taking really. Had we been a bit more physical
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 7, 2018, 06:31:13 pm »

Fernandinho deserved a win just for avoiding a yellow card, never mind the straight red he should have got.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 7, 2018, 06:31:18 pm »
they really really really really really didn't.

Only one fair result, and that was the one that was got. Both teams where pretty turgid.

I felt they did personally, came to an incredibly tough stadium, controlled the ball and with it the game overall for long periods, had clearly the better chances, won a penalty and should have had another. They limited our attack to essentially scraps and Ederson was barely involved in the game.

If the roles were reversed I'd have definitely felt we did enough to win, and that penalty miss would be devastating.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 7, 2018, 06:31:19 pm »
no goal in 4 from any of our fine forwards, certainly would've expected 1 or 2. that said, 20 points, considering who we've played, is a nice tally so far.

Didn't Sturridge score last weekend? ;D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 7, 2018, 06:31:39 pm »
I felt like Lovren’s first attempt in 1st half was more penalty than Van Dijk’s.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 7, 2018, 06:31:44 pm »
Think our main objective today was to Not Get Beaten, so while not pretty to watch its classed as a result.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #227 on: October 7, 2018, 06:31:52 pm »
He is. Shots that used to fly into the top corner last season are either being fired horribly wide or passed straight to the opposition keeper. He passing is off and the ball is bouncing off him like in pinball. Mane at times I think tries to go it alone but at least he makes things happen and his overall play is nowhere near as poor as Salah's is at the moment. He seems very low on confidence and it nearly cost us the game today.

How is he going to get his confidence back sitting on the bench? There is only one way and that's for him to play through it, he is still creating chances for us probably more than anyone else at the moment.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #228 on: October 7, 2018, 06:31:59 pm »
Was clearly our best attacker and also clearly fouled by Fernandinho. Is there anything you like about this club?

I like you, pyroparty. I really do.  Were you not in the general thread commenting "two shite sides here today" at some point during the match?

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:01 pm »
Na that was Henderson

Yeah thought he was very good today.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:01 pm »
Great point, top of the league, an exceptionally testing start to the season with Paris, Napoli and Chelsea in the cups. The defence have been immense, just need to start putting a few in the net now.

Offline gerrardsitchyear

• Kemlynite
« Reply #231 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:04 pm »
I think we'd all take a point after that.

How the hell did Fernadinho stay on the pitch, he made at least 4 challenges worthy of a yellow and the forearm to Mane's neck looked intentional to me. It's been said before, but City create so many fouls in the middle of the pitch to break up play, deliberate fouls when were in the break and all should be yellow cards. That being said, hendo got away with one too.

Defensively great again, Joe Gomes was a rock and Lovren made 2 key last ditch tackles which could have led to goals. VVD was great apart from the pen, which was a challenge he didn't need to make.

We didn't get going in attack, still not clicking, hit again Salah had a chance on his left which last season he would have curled into the corner but again hit it straight at the keeper.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:09 pm »
They created very little City considering the possession they enjoyed.

Liverpool 49 % Man City 51%
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:10 pm »
by the way this is City without their best player - they were there for the taking really. Had we been a bit more physical

We were fine. Look at our fixtures compared to theirs.

Unless you think Huddersfield and Cardiff are harder than Chelsea and Spurs.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:21 pm »
Didn't Sturridge score last weekend? ;D

well, he is a fine forward but  you know who I mean!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:30 pm »
That’s a great record to have. Who are we playing next at home?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:31 pm »

Yeah, Anfield is rightfully becoming what it once was - an intimidating fortress for any opponent.

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #237 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:33 pm »
How are people saying that was boring? Go watch the Royal Variety Show..

I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #238 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:36 pm »
Can we talk about the big elephant in the room? Salah is absolutely atrocious and needs a spell out. He lost the ball that led to the attack which forced Van Dijk into a challenge. I've no idea what's wrong but it's beginning to cost us. We're constantly looking for him in attack where he's just not at the races and the ball is constantly bouncing off him and possession is then promptly lost.

Looked like yet another foul from Fernandinho that went unpunished but only seen it the once. Thought again that Salah was the best of the front three. He’s looking lively enough but lost a bit of confidence and assurance from last season. Would probably have just dinked Ederson on top form.

We played well the start of both halves but fair play to City, stood firm where they’ve crumbled before. They dominated for spells but didn’t create that many clear cut chances. Think we have to be realistic, this is by no means a poor result. We’ve come through this tough spell unbeaten in the league and joint top.

International break has come at a good time for once.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #239 on: October 7, 2018, 06:32:37 pm »
we gave away a pen and should have given away another. Didnt really look like imposing our games either...that wasnt good from us. But we survive and move on

What was the other pen? Lovren in the first half? That's never a pen.
Love Ren & Stimpy