Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v Man City 0  (Read 46913 times)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v Man City 0
« Reply #160 on: October 7, 2018, 06:26:19 pm »
shite game that, however we are joint top of the league with already 3 tough opponents already out of the way and we remain unbeaten.
Well done to all involved. Lets re group and go again after the break.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #161 on: October 7, 2018, 06:26:24 pm »
Good result considering we were not good and they missed a penalty. Silly tackle from Virgil considering Sane had no angle to score from there.

Poor game from us at home.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: October 7, 2018, 06:26:35 pm »
Massive, massive let off, City deserved the win and should have had another penalty in the first half.

That's 3 games of pretty dire football on the trot, we played well for the most part in the League Cup match versus Chelsea but since then have scored 1, conceded 2 in three games. The concern being not the goals scored, but just how poor we've looked in possession.

Big issues for Klopp to fix going forward.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #163 on: October 7, 2018, 06:26:40 pm »
No the classic many predicted, but still a clean sheet, another game unbeaten at Anfield, and joint top in mid October after having already played Spurs, Chelsea and City. We're in a great position for the easier run of games coming up.

Onwards and upwards
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 7, 2018, 06:26:40 pm »
We certainly deserved no more.

Anybody have any idea why Shaqiri is not getting on the pitch, especially with the form of Salah.

Personally don’t think Salah was the issue today.

It was Firmino for me. We seemed to be trying to build but then his passing was way off for the majority.

May have been better bringing Shaqiri on instead of Sturridge and moving Salah central.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #165 on: October 7, 2018, 06:26:49 pm »
All three on 20pts going into the 2nd break.

Who wouldn't have taken that ?
20 points  from 8 games... or half way to safety if you’re Everton..

if someone wouldn’t have taken that at the start of the season then they’re a liar.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: October 7, 2018, 06:26:57 pm »
That’s a very good result. City were the better team nearly all game long.

Don’t understand this at all. We were good, not great. They sat back a lot. Two fairly evenly matched teams.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #167 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:01 pm »
Can we talk about the big elephant in the room? Salah is absolutely atrocious and needs a spell out. He lost the ball that led to the attack which forced Van Dijk into a challenge. I've no idea what's wrong but it's beginning to cost us. We're constantly looking for him in attack where he's just not at the races and the ball is constantly bouncing off him and possession is then promptly lost.

He really isn't, he worked hard once more today I think Mane had a worst game today. He just needs a goal to come for him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:03 pm »
Massive, massive let off, City deserved the win and should have had another penalty in the first half.

That's 3 games of pretty dire football on the trot, we played well for the most part in the League Cup match versus Chelsea but since then have scored 1, conceded 2 in three games. The concern being not the goals scored, but just how poor we've looked in possession.

Totally disagree.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:07 pm »
Think City will be happier considering it's at Anfield. The point is a fair result I suppose, still....it just had to be the season where we win almost all the games to start the season, have a quick, pointless this early but can't help it glance at the table and there are like 4, 5 other sides near us.  :butt

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:12 pm »
Well that was boring. There's a lot to dissect going forward, but our defence is the best it's been for some time. I still don't like Gomez at right back, but the rest of them were impeccable, bar one or two rash challenges by Lovren and Van Dijk.

And now for yet another international break. Could argue that this one will actually be beneficial for us, but doesn't stop the fact that I hate them and would much rather be watching Liverpool than England.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #171 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:24 pm »
Two very good teams cancelled each other out. Fair result. But.
How does Fernandinho ever finish a match.
He was booked. Forearm smashes Mane and then fouls in the build up to the penalty.
Someone on here said refs were under orders not to send players off because “it ruins the spectacle”.

He wasn’t booked.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #172 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:26 pm »
We're really leaning on the defence at the moment. Virgil and Allison proving money well spent.

We look worryingly fatigued at this stage of the season. We need to figure out a way of managing game time for the front 3 as they clearly can't play at 100% intensity twice a week. Salah look knackered.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:37 pm »
Fernandinho should have been sent off the rat.

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:38 pm »
Dion Dublin Radio Five live saying Lovren man of the match

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #175 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:53 pm »

they really really really really really didn't.

Only one fair result, and that was the one that was got. Both teams where pretty turgid.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 7, 2018, 06:27:58 pm »
Fair result you'd have to say. That penalty was bizarre, put his foot through it with he's laces.

Few weeks ago when i looked at the fixtures, to be joint top right now is a good run.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:04 pm »
Thought Lovren played a great game.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #178 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:10 pm »
Honeymoon period is over.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #179 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:10 pm »
Overall in that nightmare run of fixtures, the loss vs Napoli is the only bad result. 5 points vs 3 of our title rivals, with 4 of them away. Not really arsed about the Carabao exit now.

Thought Keita and Robertson were improved today compared to midweek.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:20 pm »
Thought Man City were the better team and am very happy with the result considering the performance from us and their missed pen. Glad to have the international break so we can regroup and rest because we look bloody exhausted and all over the place. Let's just hope no more injuries.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #181 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:24 pm »
Can we talk about the big elephant in the room? Salah is absolutely atrocious and needs a spell out. He lost the ball that led to the attack which forced Van Dijk into a challenge. I've no idea what's wrong but it's beginning to cost us. We're constantly looking for him in attack where he's just not at the races and the ball is constantly bouncing off him and possession is then promptly lost.

The elephant in the room was Atkinson allowing Fernandinho to get away with murder. Salah is going through a bad spell of form but he’s still a big threat.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:32 pm »
Good result considering we were not good and they missed a penalty. Silly tackle from Virgil considering Sane had no angle to score from there.

Poor game from us at home.

Why was our own player trying to score against us?
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #183 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:33 pm »
Excellent result, as long as we carry on dispatching the sides we should (IE next two without question)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:36 pm »
That ball down the sides to salah needed binning off. It's literally clear as day it's our only get out when pressed up the pitch and every team has got on to it.

Mane is doing my fucking head in

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:46 pm »

By that, do you mean this very difficult run of games? Or are you being melodramatic?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:49 pm »
Very poor performance, thought Keita in particular may as well have stayed on the bench.

Got away with it though and important not to lose. 2 nice games on paper now and we really could do with finding some rhythm!

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:54 pm »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #188 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:56 pm »
if someone wouldn’t have taken that at the start of the season then they’re a liar.

Our results have been great. Our form has been poor for quite a while now.

If we turn that around, it's been a great start to the season. If we don't, only one direction to go.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #189 on: October 7, 2018, 06:28:59 pm »
Thought Lovren played a great game.
How did you think that? He made one good last ditch tackle but he could have given away 2 pens!
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:01 pm »
Think City will be happier considering it's at Anfield. The point is a fair result I suppose, still....it just had to be the season where we win almost all the games to start the season, have a quick, pointless this early but can't help it glance at the table and there are like 4, 5 other sides near us.  :butt

There's no way anyone is keeping up with us, City and Chelsea. Once we get to 100% we'll hopefully start moving ahead of them as well.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:07 pm »
Still look poor going forward

Atkinson inept as expected. Not much more to say to be honest
What did he do wrong?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:13 pm »

What did they do to deserve the win? Genuinely. Look a very even match to me.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #193 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:16 pm »
Dion Dublin Radio Five live saying Lovren man of the match

He should stick to that property investment show.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:17 pm »
Thank fuck for that. I'm alright with a point. Neither team playing too expansively, knowing what the opposition can do if they catch them out.

Probably time to considering dropping some of the front three, they've been poor for a while now. Firmino looks tired, Mane's first touch has killed a lot of attacks and Salah just isn't right.

Disappointed at the lack of impact Naby Keita is having. After a promising debut, he's regressed every game. Beaten easily, and doesn't get on the ball. I'm sure he'll come good, but we can't afford to wait for him and Fabinho to start contributing, particularly with Milner out.

After all the grief he's received I thought Henderson was probably our best player. Gini held it together and battled well. Van Dijk faultless until that penalty. Lovren did alright.

Ref was shite and contributed to the game feeling rather flat, never let it flow. Wasn't keen on playing the advantage much either. Salah could have got away from Mendy if he hadn't blown his whistle.

Speaking of Mendy, does he ever close his mouth?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #195 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:27 pm »
Well that was boring. There's a lot to dissect going forward, but our defence is the best it's been for some time. I still don't like Gomez at right back, but the rest of them were impeccable, bar one or two rash challenges by Lovren and Van Dijk.

And now for yet another international break. Could argue that this one will actually be beneficial for us, but doesn't stop the fact that I hate them and would much rather be watching Liverpool than England.

I thought Gomez did really well today especially considering I prefer him in the middle. He went on some good runs especially in the second half.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:29 pm »

What honeymoon period?

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #197 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:33 pm »
The front three’s form is worrying - I think Klopp has to take part of the blame for no rotation in the last 3 games.

We desperately need an attacking midfielder in Jan.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #198 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:33 pm »
Don’t understand this at all. We were good, not great. They sat back a lot. Two fairly evenly matched teams.
They created (if that’s the word) the one clear chance though. Thought it was their game for the majority with some bright patches from us. Hard fought point.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 7, 2018, 06:29:42 pm »

The rest of the league is nowhere near our, City and Chelsea level.