Author Topic: Rawks Top 10 scary Villains/Baddies Thread  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: Rawks Top 10 scary Villains/Baddies Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2018, 04:41:09 pm »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2018, 01:09:05 pm »
I accept this is very niche, but those freaky radiation-mutants in 'Beyond the Planet of the Apes'.

I watched it when I was about 8 and the bit when they take their 'human' masks off left me messed up. I thought they were the good guys who could kill all the evil apes (oh, how simplistic we are when we're kids) then they go and pull that shit!

I also had a bit of a problem with Daleks. Daft part is, I wasn't scared of them that much when watching them on the telly. I'd have occasional nightmares about them that left me unsettled for days (there's one I still remember about 40 years on - I hid in the drawer in my bed but they found me and killed me - but all that happened was I stood up and followed them round chatting with them as they went about their extermination business, so I wasn't actually dead, just sort of out of the game of survival). Worse, I used to get a bit angsty about big cylindrical things - like those great big commercial dustbin things that were on wheels or pillars in general. We're talking when I was about 5 or 6. More than once I started to cry because of them.

I have a nagging feeling there's something else buried in my memory, but it's being well repressed.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2018, 04:09:45 pm »
Asami Yamazaki from Audition. I've never seen anything as scary as her character in those final 10 minutes.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2018, 04:36:13 pm »
I accept this is very niche, but those freaky radiation-mutants in 'Beyond the Planet of the Apes'.

I watched it when I was about 8 and the bit when they take their 'human' masks off left me messed up. I thought they were the good guys who could kill all the evil apes (oh, how simplistic we are when we're kids) then they go and pull that shit!

I also had a bit of a problem with Daleks. Daft part is, I wasn't scared of them that much when watching them on the telly. I'd have occasional nightmares about them that left me unsettled for days (there's one I still remember about 40 years on - I hid in the drawer in my bed but they found me and killed me - but all that happened was I stood up and followed them round chatting with them as they went about their extermination business, so I wasn't actually dead, just sort of out of the game of survival). Worse, I used to get a bit angsty about big cylindrical things - like those great big commercial dustbin things that were on wheels or pillars in general. We're talking when I was about 5 or 6. More than once I started to cry because of them.

I have a nagging feeling there's something else buried in my memory, but it's being well repressed.

A lot of early British sci fi made use of humdrum bits and pieces together with weird camera angles and even weirder music to heighten tension. Quatermass, for instance.

As a kid you don't really understand all this and bits and pieces seep into your memory. There was aseries in the late 50s, don't know it's name, set in Ancient Rome with a witch or a ghost running around a temple. I'd seen Hercules film's so wasn't too bothered about mythological creatures, knew about gladiators but the thought of witches or ghosts in Rome was terrifying to a five year old.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2018, 04:55:22 pm »
Zelda from Terrahawks.....scared the fook out of me......still does  ;D

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2018, 06:39:30 pm »
1. Asami Yamazaki - Audition
2. Shark - Jaws
3. Boyd Crowder - Justified
4. The Trinity Killer - Dexter
5. Mr. Burns - The Simpsons
6. Alonzo Harris - Training Day
7. Visitor Q - Visitor Q
8. John C - RAWK
9. Annie Wilkes - Misery
10. Bill Lumberg - Office Space
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2018, 12:47:37 pm »
8. John C - RAWK
Good shout

He's the reason my niece and nephew don't talk to strangers and stay away from the attic

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2018, 02:40:18 pm »
Good shout

He's the reason my niece and nephew don't talk to strangers and stay away from the attic

Haha :D

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2018, 03:32:09 pm »
I though the pale man in Del Toro's Pans Laberynth was one of the more innovative and memorable of recent years...

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2018, 11:16:19 am »
When my eldest was about 5 years old, I was flicking through the channels one evening and happened upon this cartoon film so we settled down to watch it.

It was Spirited Away and by about half an hour in, she was shuddering in fear.

No Face still freaks her out - and she's 14 now.

I've found you can get No Face masks, so 'm going to put the 'face up to your fear to beat it' theory to the test.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2018, 01:35:04 pm »
actually put some thought into this! ok here goes...

1) Spiders - Arachnophobia. No child should have watched this film. lifelong fear to this day
2) Freddy krueger - jesus this bastard scared the living shit outta me. That scene where he came through the the bedroom wall in the first film and looked at her. sheesh
3) IT - no explanation needed. Fuck that.
4) Candyman - It's real, don't you dare say his name 5 times!
5) Alien - weird one this. Scared the crap out of me when young - genuinely. but loved the creature/films when older, the james cameron film obviously influencing that
6) Terminator - as above.
7) Shark from Jaws - fascinated by sharks when older....sensing a theme here
8 ) Poltergeist - YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE IT!
9) Ring girl - I did not like the way she moved. Freaky.
10) Who framed Roger Rabbit baddy - the eyes man...the eyes
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:40:30 pm by just redk84 will do »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2018, 01:45:02 pm »
When my eldest was about 5 years old, I was flicking through the channels one evening and happened upon this cartoon film so we settled down to watch it.

It was Spirited Away and by about half an hour in, she was shuddering in fear.

No Face still freaks her out - and she's 14 now.

I've found you can get No Face masks, so 'm going to put the 'face up to your fear to beat it' theory to the test.

There was also the Man with no Face in Sapphire & Steele, that gave me the heebie jeebies for many a youthful night.

That and Freddy Krueger..........couldn't sleep for weeks

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2018, 01:56:49 pm »
I remember watching Candyman about age 11 and being terrified. Couldn't summon up the courage to say it in front of the mirror til I was like 15...
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2018, 07:57:08 pm »
If redk84 has been saying it four times and then bottling the 5th, he’s probably dead already :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2018, 08:13:17 pm »
There was also the Man with no Face in Sapphire & Steele,

I'm very glad I didn't watch that program until I was over 30, can only imagine what it would do to a kid. Properly creepy.

I don't think I could make a full list but I was absolutely terrified of the end bit of Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade where Donovan drinks from the wrong grail. I still get apprehensive when the film is on now knowing it's coming up. I also remember being petrified of an episode of the 80s cartoon 'Centurions' where one of the bad guys is making people into zombies (on screen it just made their hair white and gave them blank eyeballs).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2018, 10:03:33 pm »
Asami Yamazaki from Audition. I've never seen anything as scary as her character in those final 10 minutes.

Scary as fuck. And this from Ringu:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G3kiwpnO7RU?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G3kiwpnO7RU?fs=1</a>
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2018, 12:03:15 am »
The shark in Jaws, the original T800 in Terminator and Xenomorph in Alien/Aliens disturbed my early childhood.

Nothing in adulthood can replicate that fear but I enjoyed the relentlessness of the antagonist in It Follows and the closing scenes of Blair Witch. Babbadook was a great creation too. 

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2018, 12:08:34 am »
Scary as fuck. And this from Ringu:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G3kiwpnO7RU?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G3kiwpnO7RU?fs=1</a>

Also, Ju-on and the US remake (The Grudge) are both brilliant.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 04:23:02 pm »
If redk84 has been saying it four times and then bottling the 5th, he’s probably dead already :(

Playground rumours of kids going missing after watching that film and saying his name 5 times...you just dont mess with that. playrgound rumours are hardly ever wrong. And it was definitely true cos it was them kids from the other school

For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2018, 05:56:06 pm »
    Playground rumours of kids going missing after watching that film and saying his name 5 times...you just dont mess with that. playrgound rumours are hardly ever wrong. And it was definitely true cos it was them kids from the other school

Play ground rumours!

Not film related but playground rumours from the sixties.

This lad had some bangers in his pocket and some Teds (insert your local villain) put a match in his pocket and the bangers blew up. Unfortunately the explosion blew his dick off but the doctors fixed it by putting in a little tap so he could have a piss.

Coca Cola had to remove a "secret ingredient" because if you mixed it with disprin it made you high

If you wrote to the Chinese Embassy and asked for a copy of Mao's little red book they'd send you a tenner.[/list]
    « Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:58:07 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
    • RAWK Staff
    • Legacy Fan
    • Come on you fucking red men!!!
    • Super Title: This is super!
    « Reply #60 on: August 16, 2018, 06:08:40 pm »
    This is worth a watch:

The last of Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema: Horror:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bfp4h7
    Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
    09/03/2011 08:04
    Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
    Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #61 on: August 16, 2018, 07:29:48 pm »

Three you fool!!! It’s three!
    If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
    « Reply #62 on: August 17, 2018, 09:19:40 am »
    When top trumps was a proper thing as a child some 35 years ago, I remember the horror pack causing me some discomfort, with one card in particular......the Incredible melting man.......as I recall it looked like the character in Raiders of the lost ark when they've just opened the ark, just after he says 'its beautiful'

hated getting that card and not just because its stats weren't that good.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #63 on: August 17, 2018, 09:51:13 am »
    Three you fool!!! It’s three!

5!
    Googled it and everything

There should be a topic on playground runours btw..
    For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #64 on: August 17, 2018, 10:21:30 am »
    5!
    Googled it and everything

There should be a topic on playground runours btw..

So it is  :butt

Well at least I’ve never even got close to risking it

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #65 on: August 17, 2018, 12:05:55 pm »
    When top trumps was a proper thing as a child some 35 years ago, I remember the horror pack causing me some discomfort, with one card in particular......the Incredible melting man.......as I recall it looked like the character in Raiders of the lost ark when they've just opened the ark, just after he says 'its beautiful'

hated getting that card and not just because its stats weren't that good.

Brilliant post!!  I had a Horror set myself. My best set of TT ever.

There were 2 different sets both 1978. Looks like you had the 'Dracula' set which featured The Incredible Melting man

https://taint-the-meat.com/2015/07/20/top-trumps-dracula/

I had the 'Devil Priest' Set which featred Killer Rat and The Jailer

https://taint-the-meat.com/2015/06/19/top-trumps-horror-cards-devil-priest/

Good (Bad) memories :)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
    « Reply #66 on: August 17, 2018, 12:23:26 pm »
    Brilliant post!!  I had a Horror set myself. My best set of TT ever.

There were 2 different sets both 1978. Looks like you had the 'Dracula' set which featured The Incredible Melting man

https://taint-the-meat.com/2015/07/20/top-trumps-dracula/

I had the 'Devil Priest' Set which featred Killer Rat and The Jailer

https://taint-the-meat.com/2015/06/19/top-trumps-horror-cards-devil-priest/

Good (Bad) memories :)

OMG!!!

I had the 'Devil Priest' set, too - although I'd never realised there were two different sets. I bought them on a family trip to Buckfast Abbey in what must have been around 1980, along with one of those tiny bible things that are about the size of a postage stamp; pissing down with rain it was that day.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #67 on: August 17, 2018, 12:31:26 pm »

OMG!!!

I had the 'Devil Priest' set, too - although I'd never realised there were two different sets. I bought them on a family trip to Buckfast Abbey in what must have been around 1980, along with one of those tiny bible things that are about the size of a postage stamp; pissing down with rain it was that day.

I had an OMG moment when Stewii above mentioned them

Look through the pictures in my link above. Memories will all come flooding back :)

Dr Syn, Diablo and many many more.

Just gutted I never knew there were 2 sets available at the time.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
    « Reply #68 on: August 17, 2018, 01:06:43 pm »
    I had an OMG moment when Stewii above mentioned them

Look through the pictures in my link above. Memories will all come flooding back :)

Dr Syn, Diablo and many many more.

Just gutted I never knew there were 2 sets available at the time.

They very much did!!  ;D

Me and my brother (who passed away 3 years ago) would play them for hours, really competitive. I've no idea where the pack ended up, but long vanished.

Some years later, I picked up the Fantasy Top Trumps because I couldn't find the Horror set any more. Me and some mates used to sit in one of our [old, knackered] cars of a night on a car park passing joints round, listening to Floyd and playing Top Trumps. Whenever anyone opened the door, it'd be like a scene from a Cheech & Chong movie with thick smoke bellowing out.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:15:05 pm by Nobby Reserve »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    • Destroyed Cowboy
    « Reply #69 on: August 17, 2018, 01:57:55 pm »
    Oh man I had that set too, awesome. 
    Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #70 on: August 17, 2018, 02:31:39 pm »

Bill Murray's in the front row. Twice. Wat?