Author Topic: TV classics  (Read 7029 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
TV classics
« on: June 9, 2018, 10:27:13 pm »
Name a TV show and/or the particular episode that, in your opinion, is a classic.

Episode 4 of The Office (Training) is one of mine. It’s one of those rare comedy episodes that has me laughing no matter how many times I watch it. I think it might be down to Ricky Gervais revealing Brent as part of his persona and history.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: TV classics
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2018, 10:45:10 pm »
Only fools and horses - Heroes and Villains,almost pissed my kecks when it first aired.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2018, 10:51:42 pm »
'Final Grades' episode of the Wire.
It's simply sublime.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 10:34:48 am »
The Simpsons and any episode between seasons 3-8.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 10:55:15 am »
The finale of Gravity Falls, Weirdmageddon.

I have now watched this series through 5 times, and it hasn't declined at all with repeated viewings. Hits all the right spots both emotionally and comedically.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 11:07:30 am »
The Constant from Lost (season 4 episode 5).

Could choose any episode really but Bastogne (episode 6) is a stand-out from Band of Brothers.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 11:47:15 am »
The 12 Days Of Christine ep from Inside No.9
The final ep of Blackadder Goes Forth
The final ep of Ashes To Ashes

All beautifully constructed and with emotional bittersweet endings that stayed with me for days.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 04:12:50 pm »
"Pine Barrens" from s3 of the Sopranos. I think that stands up to probably any episode of any TV show ever made. It's an absolute joy.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 10:09:43 pm »
Gonna be a nerd and throw two episodes of Star Trek Deep Space Nine into the mix - Far Beyond the Stars and Past Tense, both of which took the shiny utopia back to the present day and showed how racist and unfair our recent past and potential future society is.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 10:26:00 pm »
I have to go with "Battle Of The Bastards" in Game of Thrones.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 09:01:15 am »
"Pine Barrens" from s3 of the Sopranos. I think that stands up to probably any episode of any TV show ever made. It's an absolute joy.

Yeah fantastic that one

Like Long Term Parking too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 09:45:21 am »
The 12 Days Of Christine ep from Inside No.9

Great shout. Marvelous episode and a brilliant concept.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 11:46:35 am »
The Work Outing episode of The IT Crowd is the greatest single comedy episode of all time.

Doesn't matter how many times I revisit it, it's genuinely laugh out loud funny on every single viewing.

Offline breck roader

• Main Stander
  • PSN annyroader2005
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 11:59:11 am »
The 'Spinners & Losers' episode from The Thick Of It, and the episode of Breaking Bad where Gus wipes out the cartel at the poolside.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 12:04:56 pm »
The 'Spinners & Losers' episode from The Thick Of It, and the episode of Breaking Bad where Gus wipes out the cartel at the poolside.

"Salud..."

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 01:10:41 pm »
It's tough to choose any Only Fools episode, but Jolly Boys Outing is the greatest in my opinion, the hotel scene is gold.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 02:13:46 pm »
The ‘terror’ episode on Bottom.
The ‘danger uxd’ episode on Only Fools And Horses
The ‘Wills dilemma’ episode on The Inbetweeners
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 03:02:12 pm »
Only fools and horses - Heroes and Villains,almost pissed my kecks when it first aired.
This always springs to mind for me. Knocks the bar scene out of the park for me, but that could be just an expectation thing.

Chip pan in spooks still gives me nightmares

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 04:17:05 pm »
'Night of the Living Homeless' is pretty magnificent for South Park, gets the best out of Cartman and Randy which always makes for a good episode.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 06:45:16 pm »
I love every single episode of Curb your enthusiasm but 2 episodes always make me smile.

Both from series 2, first is Thor with the whole big arses thing with Wanda's tush and Jeff's mum.

Also The Doll episode. Larry and Jeff being stupid and getting into trouble like 2 school boys. Then Susie stood waiting for them with spaghetti western music playing before she comes out with the best ever use of the word 'decapitated'. Love this show.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 12:09:44 pm »
Mad Men - The Wheel
Twin Peaks - Season 1, Episode 3
Band of Brothers - Why We Fight
Lost - Man of Science, Man of Faith

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 01:49:52 pm »

Lost - Exodus Season 1 episodes 24 and 25.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 03:12:49 pm »
True detective season 1 episode four were the last scene is the drug holdup,  unbelievable.
No time for caution.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 03:19:18 pm »
Lost - Through The Looking Glass

Breaking Bad - Face Off

Game of Thrones - Red Wedding

Dexter - Hello, Dexter Morgan!

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 03:38:42 pm »
True detective season 1 episode four were the last scene is the drug holdup,  unbelievable.
That the one with the 5 minute (or however long) single take? Incredible piece of television.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 04:50:48 pm »
The series finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation, "All Good Things..."

They absolutely nailed it. Amazing to think they wrote it in a ridiculously short amount of time, because they were busy concentrating on writing the awful Star Trek: Generations. It was the perfect bookend for the series.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 06:21:52 pm »
Red Dwarf - Back to reality s5 ep06

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 11:45:44 pm »
Red Dwarf - Back to reality s5 ep06

Red Dwarf - The End. The first ever episode of RD changed my world as a kid. Funnily enough though, I’d read the book before I watched the tv show.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 04:58:13 pm »
Red Dwarf - The End. The first ever episode of RD changed my world as a kid. Funnily enough though, I’d read the book before I watched the tv show.
Yeah, i was thinking after i posted that about just how much I love the vibe of the first two seasons. The 1st series doesnt have the greatest of episodes but there is a bleak feeling throughout that is perfect for sci fi. I think the low key original score helps tons with that. Whoever decided they needed to up the tempo and jam guitar riffs in there needs shooting.

Ive flipped since yesterday also. Im thinking Stasis Leak today. But by far the funniest scence has to be when Krytens hand gets mistook for a spider, its hard not to laugh just thinking about it

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 06:00:13 pm »
For me the best Red Dwarf was Marooned.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 06:02:49 pm »
Good shout bringing Red Dwarf into the discussion. There's a few that can be considered classics there. I'd have to go with Gunmen of the Apocalypse.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2018, 06:18:58 pm »
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet series 2 episode 6, Cowboys, Oz steals the episode at the Country & Western bar, then the battle of Thornley Manor at the end, & Barrys hilarious kick at the bloke after Oz knocks him out. :D

The original Porridge, one of those shows that every episode is a classic, i never get tired of watching an episode even though i've seen them millions of times.

Only Fools & Horses Jolly Boys Outing.

#Sausages

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2018, 06:59:11 pm »
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet series 2 episode 6, Cowboys, Oz steals the episode at the Country & Western bar, then the battle of Thornley Manor at the end, & Barrys hilarious kick at the bloke after Oz knocks him out. :D

Well remembered. Was a great episode. I do think Spain then Thornley Manor was better than Dusseldorf. The moody barman was a great character.

However I dont get the love for Jolly Boys outing and OF&H is my favourite ever show.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2018, 07:04:10 pm »
Only Fools and Horses Series 2 ep 6 - It never rains

During a we British summer Del cons a travel agent into a trip to Benidorm.  (Not to be confused with the relatively poor episode in Benidorm when they win a painting competition)

Granddad gets arrested and thrown in jail then confesses his time as an arms dealer during the Spanish civil war.
The long scene at the end when they are in the jail cell is the best bit of TV Ive ever seen.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2018, 07:44:40 pm »
Simpsons - Homers Enemy

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2018, 07:55:11 pm »
The Young Ones "Boring" - whats a ftumsh? was all we said at school after that

Bottom "Accident" - Eddie trying to fix Richies broken leg still has me in stitches to this day.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2018, 08:06:06 pm »
The Likely Lads episode where they try and avoid finding out the score from the England game.

Peter Kay's Car Share the 'dogging' episode.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2018, 08:39:39 pm »
Mrs Browns Boys - Series 38, episode 22 - Malarkie is gay and an old man who sleeps alot is shocked by a man being gay, with loads of japes and gaggs on that and another family member acts silly with buckets loads of swearing and then some talking to the camera.

Best comedy classic ever
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2018, 08:45:18 pm »
Always liked that X-Files episode with the bloke who ate livers and could fit through tiny gaps, Squeeze I think it was called. Was far too young when I first saw it and had nightmares about it for weeks.

That Neighbours episode where Harold comes back was quite emotional.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2018, 09:11:14 pm »
Mrs Browns Boys - Series 38, episode 22 - Malarkie is gay and an old man who sleeps alot is shocked by a man being gay, with loads of japes and gaggs on that and another family member acts silly with buckets loads of swearing and then some talking to the camera.

Best comedy classic ever

;D

Probably it’s best ever review that