Author Topic: Pep Lijnders  (Read 149684 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pep Lijnders returns to Liverpool with immediate effect
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2018, 08:54:09 pm »
I was called a smart arse. Unless that has been deleted? Though lets have more senior member gang up on the new one. Such a warm welcome.

"cheers I didn't know you worked for the club''

Such a warm way to introduce yourself  ;)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2018, 08:58:11 pm »
You get what you give.  ;)

The reference to NWA was alright but don't bring the New Radicals into it. They were shite.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2018, 09:08:09 pm »
Everyone wants to support Liverpool now.

Unless you're a German hipster.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2018, 09:08:57 pm »

This is true.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #324 on: August 17, 2018, 09:52:29 pm »

Is the right answer.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #325 on: August 17, 2018, 09:56:02 pm »
Pick on the new one...YNWA eh guys!
Since when did "You'll Never Walk Alone" have anything to do with molly-coddling sarky blurts?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2018, 09:59:15 pm »
Yes my 35 years of following the club only started recently.

And your fifteen minutes posting in here will be over sharpish if you don't learn to wind your neck in mate. Nobody is out to get you, but if you give it out, you have to expect it back.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2018, 10:25:10 pm »
Cool down everyone please. No great shakes, keystones first comment wasn't too harsh and we've all been new to the forum at some point and not known the score. No one's seriously having a go keystone just mild ribbing hopefully you'll fit in, enjoy the forum and laugh about this in the future. We've established your a long-term red and welcome to RAWK I know it's new but probably best to laugh off any pissstaking rather than biting
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #328 on: August 17, 2018, 10:30:02 pm »
The reference to NWA was alright but don't bring the New Radicals into it. They were shite.

What’s your favourite New Radicals song would you say?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2018, 10:43:22 pm »
What’s your favourite New Radicals song would you say?

'I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing'

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 17, 2018, 10:44:11 pm »
Cheers mate, didnt know you worked at the club.

No worries. Let me know if you have questions about anything else.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2018, 11:48:03 pm »
Let it go, let it go, let it go...☺

The Sergio Ramos thread?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2018, 05:30:30 am »
I think our close control and technique may even increase further since from what I can remember reading since back when Pep joined the Academy under the auspices of Borrel I think- we had another bump in that area(after Borrel and co already elevated us in that area)- possession play and an increase in our technical skill. From what I can remember, Pep particularly liked working on players' technical skill on an individual level.
I've said already it, but maybe we'll see a bit more possession play - mostly away from home and better ball control this season and I think this will be down to Pep.
Jurgen would most likely leave that to him since Pep is a coach- a hands-on man, first.

That bodes well for the future. I’m looking torward to see if there is indeed a Pep effect this season.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2018, 05:41:10 am »
That bodes well for the future. I’m looking torward to see if there is indeed a Pep effect this season.

Not so much for the first team. It's different for academy kids, as they have way more practice time and way less games. First team players are play-rest-train-play, always with an eye for the next game. I think where Ljinders will have an effect is in how our players support each other on the ball, given his upbringing in the Dutch 4v4 system. What we should watch out for is the player on the ball always having a left, right and most importantly a forward penetration option, whenever the ball is moved to a new receiver. Our mobility should become next-level in that sense.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2018, 06:53:00 am »
Not so much for the first team. It's different for academy kids, as they have way more practice time and way less games. First team players are play-rest-train-play, always with an eye for the next game. I think where Ljinders will have an effect is in how our players support each other on the ball, given his upbringing in the Dutch 4v4 system. What we should watch out for is the player on the ball always having a left, right and most importantly a forward penetration option, whenever the ball is moved to a new receiver. Our mobility should become next-level in that sense.
If that works out, there are going to be some maulings dished out this season!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2018, 08:05:53 am »
Our mobility should become next-level in that sense.
Are you promising me Level Three football? (Were you even here when that thread was the highlight of RAWK?)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2018, 09:17:33 am »
We have no proof that there was an argument between Klopp and Buvac, it is just as likely that Buvac had a personal issue to deal with that is requiring more time than he originally planned for. There are some reports that his father has been ill.

No proof that his father is ill either apart from a tweet from a Bosnian journalist no one here had heard off. Hate to say it but that Duncan Castles chap probably had the inside word on this and given the suddenness of this all and given no verified explanation from anyone else, it appears very clearly that this was a falling out and the club's voices in the media i.e. the likes of Joyce, Reddy, Pearce etc instantly went into damage control and came out with the same story about Buvac becoming reserved etc.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: August 18, 2018, 11:51:56 am »
No proof that his father is ill either apart from a tweet from a Bosnian journalist no one here had heard off. Hate to say it but that Duncan Castles chap probably had the inside word on this and given the suddenness of this all and given no verified explanation from anyone else, it appears very clearly that this was a falling out and the club's voices in the media i.e. the likes of Joyce, Reddy, Pearce etc instantly went into damage control and came out with the same story about Buvac becoming reserved etc.

A member of the forum from that area said that the Bosnian journalist who mentioned Buvac's dad is usually reliable. We'll almost certainly never know the true reason, so I don't the point in talking about it. Klopp will move on, as will Buvac, regardless of the reasons involved.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2018, 11:57:05 am »

So because you've never heard of the journalist, he's not credible? Come on now no need to make things up mate.

He's a very reliable journalist in the Balkans and works for a credible new organization, he's not a tabloid journalist by any means. And why would you hear of him, considering he's a Bosnian journalist?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2018, 12:45:10 pm »
Are you promising me Level Three football? (Were you even here when that thread was the highlight of RAWK?)

That was the thread that got me to sign up to RAWK :D

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2018, 01:18:49 pm »

Cool. Palace will be an interesting lab case to see if we can penetrate tough defences better this season.

He has had time to work with the squad in pre-season, but I guess those were mostly youth players anyway. :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:20:42 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2018, 01:21:57 pm »
Cool. Palace will be an interesting lab case to see if we can penetrate tough defences better this season.

He has had time to work with the squad in pre-season, but I guess those were mostly youth players too. :)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2018, 01:25:27 pm »
So because you've never heard of the journalist, he's not credible? Come on now no need to make things up mate.

He's a very reliable journalist in the Balkans and works for a credible new organization, he's not a tabloid journalist by any means. And why would you hear of him, considering he's a Bosnian journalist?

Yeah. That's the point. No one has heard of him outside of Bosnia or those with connections to the region but the same folks are willing to throw their weight in with this journo that they had never heard of before that.

As for making things up, where have I said anything about him even being unreliable? Just that people were willing to trust a journalist whose reliability that they could not possibly know about. Moreover, reliable is not the same as correct.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2018, 01:36:03 pm »

Not sure what you mean. A lot of the squad was away on WC duty. That’s all I’m saying.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2018, 01:37:22 pm »
Yeah. That's the point. No one has heard of him outside of Bosnia or those with connections to the region but the same folks are willing to throw their weight in with this journo that they had never heard of before that.

As for making things up, where have I said anything about him even being unreliable? Just that people were willing to trust a journalist whose reliability that they could not possibly know about. Moreover, reliable is not the same as correct.

That's a pretty piss poor point mate and argument all together.

- Why would anyone hear of him outside of the Balkans outside of Bosnia, when he works exclusively in that region? He is reporting on something that is occurring with his work ''space'' if you will, works for a very reputable news source, CNN affiliates for the region, doesn't report rubbish, doesn't make things up, doesn't say things for click bait reasons or for the attention.

- There are plenty of us who come from different parts of the world, so just because YOU and OTHERS don't have a clue about the region [or any particular region] or the journalists there , DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU CAN'T TRUST those people. Case in point a couple of days ago Jutarnji List, a credible Croatian Newspaper published the article about Lovren and his injury. I even said that it's a very reliable paper and it turned out to be the truth, I questioned the validity of it because of what Lovren was saying days prior it contradicted what was in report, but hey what do you know it gets confirmed by Klopp. No one ever heard of the journalist in question from your side of the world, but that doesn't mean that his report should be thrown aside because you haven't HEARD of him or anyone else for that matter. As I said there are plenty of us who come from different parts of the world, we aren't all British, we don't all live in the UK, in England, in Liverpool so we don't all rely on your local/regional sources.

-Duncan fucking Castles? Need I say more? Is it because he's Brittish so you trust him more? Because he's known to report absolute bollocks about this football club, so his report weighs and means more to you ? People will chose to believe what they want, it's their choice, but it's not surprising that wouldn't trust Duncan Castles about anything in regards to this football club

-No reliable isn't the same as correct, but reliability is what gives journalists the benefit of the doubt, thats why people trust everything Pierce says because hes' not known to talk absolute bollocks.

Again what the Bosnian journalist reported MAY not be true, however that doesn't mean that Castles is correct either, we more than likely will never know what the real reason is if no one comments on it, HOWEVER, you shouldn't be casting aside one report because you haven't heard of the journalist, when there are supporters such as myself who come from different parts of the world [in this case Bosnia], and can say confidently that the lad who reported isn't known to be incorrect on things.

You're automatically dismissing it because you haven't heard of him, and why would you hear about him when you don't live there?

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2018, 01:41:53 pm »
Does it really matter why Buvac left?

It really doesn't look like he's coming back either way so good luck to him - if he does have personal issues, hopefully they'll get resolved.  If he fell out with Klopp then so be it, we've moved on and Buvac inevitably will as well when another job comes along.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2018, 01:46:57 pm »
This is a pretty piss poor thread at the moment. Can we not extol the virtues of Pep, rather than get embroiled in anything Buvac?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2018, 01:51:56 pm »
This is a pretty piss poor thread at the moment. Can we not extol the virtues of Pep, rather than get embroiled in anything Buvac?

Agree. Let’s move on.

Especially because there is so little evidence about what our coaches contribute and what Buvac’s reasons are.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2018, 01:52:59 pm »

That's a pretty piss poor point mate and argument all together.

- Why would anyone hear of him outside of the Balkans outside of Bosnia, when he works exclusively in that region? He is reporting on something that is occurring with his work ''space'' if you will, works for a very reputable news source, CNN affiliates for the region, doesn't report rubbish, doesn't make things up, doesn't say things for click bait reasons or for the attention.

- There are plenty of us who come from different parts of the world, so just because YOU and OTHERS don't have a clue about the region [or any particular region] or the journalists there , DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU CAN'T TRUST those people. Case in point a couple of days ago Jutarnji List, a credible Croatian Newspaper published the article about Lovren and his injury. I even said that it's a very reliable paper and it turned out to be the truth, I questioned the validity of it because of what Lovren was saying days prior it contradicted what was in report, but hey what do you know it gets confirmed by Klopp. No one ever heard of the journalist in question from your side of the world, but that doesn't mean that his report should be thrown aside because you haven't HEARD of him or anyone else for that matter. As I said there are plenty of us who come from different parts of the world, we aren't all British, we don't all live in the UK, in England, in Liverpool so we don't all rely on your local/regional sources.

-Duncan fucking Castles? Need I say more? Is it because he's Brittish so you trust him more? Because he's known to report absolute bollocks about this football club, so his report weighs and means more to you ? People will chose to believe what they want, it's their choice, but it's not surprising that wouldn't trust Duncan Castles about anything in regards to this football club

-No reliable isn't the same as correct, but reliability is what gives journalists the benefit of the doubt, thats why people trust everything Pierce says because hes' not known to talk absolute bollocks.

Again what the Bosnian journalist reported MAY not be true, however that doesn't mean that Castles is correct either, we more than likely will never know what the real reason is if no one comments on it, HOWEVER, you shouldn't be casting aside one report because you haven't heard of the journalist, when there are supporters such as myself who come from different parts of the world [in this case Bosnia], and can say confidently that the lad who reported isn't known to be incorrect on things.

You're automatically dismissing it because you haven't heard of him, and why would you hear about him when you don't live there?

You're incredibly patronising and as is par for the course with patronising people, ignorant and quick to judgement.

I'm not dismissing the Bosnian reporter. Only his report on this case because of the lack of corroboration. I'm sure he is so reliable that Bosnians hold annual feasts in his honour.

The reason I'm believe Duncan Castles here is because he broke the story hours before anyone else and the subsequent response from the club was to simply say that he was on temporary leave while Castles maintained all along that there had been a major falling out and that Buvac was unlikely to return. Once the storm had died out, the club's regular voices in the media came out with identical stories about Buvac's supposed aloofness over a period and how he was unlikely to return. In other words, Castles' original story has more or less been corroborated by other sources. That's why I believe him here. Not because he's British.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2018, 01:55:49 pm »

It's a total Buvacuum

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2018, 05:01:54 pm »
It's a total Buvacuum

Fucking hell, tell me you're not here all week, please... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2018, 05:03:42 pm »

Unfortunately, he's here much longer......... ;)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2018, 05:04:17 pm »

Please tip your server. And try the veal - it's been Buvaccinated

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2018, 05:53:30 pm »
You're incredibly patronising and as is par for the course with patronising people, ignorant and quick to judgement.

I'm patronizing? Well fuck me mate ,did you read your original post and how dismissive you were of the people who were inclined to believe someone else  over Duncan Castles?

I'm not dismissing the Bosnian reporter. Only his report on this case because of the lack of corroboration. I'm sure he is so reliable that Bosnians hold annual feasts in his honour.

Hahahah what the actual fuck? And I am patronizing? Well done mate well done, the lack of corroboration? You mean the sources that he has within the local community err the country he bloody works in and does his job ? So what corroboration did Castles have?

The reason I'm believe Duncan Castles here is because he broke the story hours before anyone else and the subsequent response from the club was to simply say that he was on temporary leave while Castles maintained all along that there had been a major falling out and that Buvac was unlikely to return. Once the storm had died out, the club's regular voices in the media came out with identical stories about Buvac's supposed aloofness over a period and how he was unlikely to return. In other words, Castles' original story has more or less been corroborated by other sources. That's why I believe him here. Not because he's British.

And that's you're prerogative and you can believe whatever you believe, but don't fucking dismiss someone else's journalism because you haven't heard of him, and again why the fuck would you hear about him when you don't live in the area? The reason he is able to report on the matter is because

1. he works in Bosnia
2. Buvac is from Banja Luka, his father lives there
3. He has local sources there

So what was it about the lack of corroboration?

Your whole argument is a based on ''why should we believe him nobody is heard of him'', which is a shite bloody enlargement, if you had stated what you just did now about him reporting it before than anyone else, then I wouldn't have said a word. That's a far better argument than what you posted originally, hence why I said what I did.

I don't trust Castles because of his reputation or lack there of, and I believe Haris Mrkonja more because of his reputation. It's a choice that you are free to make, as am I

But you go and hold an annual feast for Castles  or whatever the hell that was supposed to mean ;)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2018, 11:52:21 pm »
I'm patronizing? Well fuck me mate ,did you read your original post and how dismissive you were of the people who were inclined to believe someone else  over Duncan Castles?

Hahahah what the actual fuck? And I am patronizing? Well done mate well done, the lack of corroboration? You mean the sources that he has within the local community err the country he bloody works in and does his job ? So what corroboration did Castles have?

And that's you're prerogative and you can believe whatever you believe, but don't fucking dismiss someone else's journalism because you haven't heard of him, and again why the fuck would you hear about him when you don't live in the area? The reason he is able to report on the matter is because

1. he works in Bosnia

Your whole argument is a based on ''why should we believe him nobody is heard of him'', which is a shite bloody enlargement, if you had stated what you just did now about him reporting it before than anyone else, then I wouldn't have said a word. That's a far better argument than what you posted originally, hence why I said what I did.

I don't trust Castles because of his reputation or lack there of, and I believe Haris Mrkonja more because of his reputation. It's a choice that you are free to make, as am I

But you go and hold an annual feast for Castles  or whatever the hell that was supposed to mean ;)

Get your coat, you've pulled

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2018, 12:28:51 am »

1. he works in Bosnia

Funny then that the person I replied to didn't seem to have much of an issue with it and posted a sober reply, which I don't have much of an issue with as that's one way of looking at things.

And I've already explained how Castles' story was corroborated. He was the first to break the story, which was immediately contradicted en masse by the club's trusted journalists who have now come around to the same position that Castles took. That's how corroboration works. Multiple sources agreeing on some things though they might disagree on minor details.

Nobody here knows about the reliability of a journalist they've never heard of until 'a poster' confirmed that the Bosnian journalist was reliable. I suspect that was you and maybe you're related to the guy, which perhaps explains the childish tantrums you're throwing?

Either way, for most people on the website, they've never heard of this guy and yet many chose to believe him despite no other sources backing up the ill father angle including other Bosnian sources as far as I can tell. But I'm sure your guy has exclusive reporting rights on Buvac's family. I also suspect you need to look up what corroboration means as I haven't questioned whether or not your Bosnian journalist was accurate in reporting what he got from his sources but that no one else seems to have gathered similar information.

You spectacularly missed the point, then proceed to tell me what I was trying to say, accuse me of not wanting to believe journos from other parts of the world, then go on to explain that there are people from other parts of the world too (blimey, I would have never guessed!) and then proceed to tell me which arguments of mine were stronger when you didn't understand the original one in the first place. It's coming across badly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2018, 12:41:34 am »
snnnnnip for space!

I don't actually think the local journos came round to Castle's original report. Can't be arsed going back to it now, but I'm sure it took the line of that Buvac was pissed off that he was getting frozen out of team meetings etc. It was kinda nonsensical. Yes, maybe they did fall out, I mean, that's the most likely senario whatever people want to wish. But for that reason makes zero sense, a manager doen't just suddenly decide to freeze out his trusted assistant of 17 years.

The local ones sort of went down the line of that he had clearly become withdrawn from the team the last couple weeks before he was put on gardening leave - which was obvious to anyone who watched them closely really, there was very little interaction anymore. But I honestly don't recal them going down the route of Castle's very sensationalist reporting.

Anyway, sorry, I know I know, shouldn't talk about this here.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2018, 12:56:56 am »
Funny then that the person I replied to didn't seem to have much of an issue with it and posted a sober reply, which I don't have much of an issue with as that's one way of looking at things.

I am not arsed how the other person feels, I can only speak for myself and how I feel. Which is also why I said we are all entitled to believe what we want to believe. Dismissing someone else because you've never heard of him [and again for the upteenth time why would you hear of him  when you are not from there nor do you live there] is something else.

And I've already explained how Castles' story was corroborated. He was the first to break the story, which was immediately contradicted en masse by the club's trusted journalists who have now come around to the same position that Castles took. That's how corroboration works. Multiple sources agreeing on some things though they might disagree on minor details.

If you stuck with that instead of dismissing the other journalist because you haven't heard of him you'd been better off

Nobody here knows about the reliability of a journalist they've never heard of until 'a poster' confirmed that the Bosnian journalist was reliable. I suspect that was you and maybe you're related to the guy, which perhaps explains the childish tantrums you're throwing?

Again, what does it matter whether or not you know of him, or 19 other people know of him, you don't live in the area,in the region, you're not expected to know of him. That doesn't mean dismiss the report because you know feck all about the journalist or his credibility.

I am the one who posted what Mrkonja reported, I am not related to him, but I do have an issue of somebody who is professional and does his job, being dismissed because ''nobody has heard of him''. I've explain this multiple times.

No one is throwing a childish tantrum, i pulled you on on a shite arguement you put to begin with. I've actually said to you had you gone with what you said about Castles and why you believe him, to begin with, I wouldn't have said anything.

To me its absolutely mind boggling to dismiss something because you personally don't know about something,or anyone else for that matter. Thats why I said there are plenty of us who come from different parts of the world, it's impossible for you to be familiar with certain things and vice versa, this is one of those things.

Either way, for most people on the website, they've never heard of this guy and yet many chose to believe him despite no other sources backing up the ill father angle including other Bosnian sources as far as I can tell. But I'm sure your guy has exclusive reporting rights on Buvac's family. I also suspect you need to look up what corroboration means as I haven't questioned whether or not your Bosnian journalist was accurate in reporting what he got from his sources but that no one else seems to have gathered similar information.

Ah  you were complaining about being patrionized? Hahahahah

Who the hell said anything about me having exclusive rights to his family, what the hell are you on about? All I said people have different reasons for choosing to believe one journalist over another, the vast majority I can only assume don't trust Castles based on HIS REPUTATION and I chose to believe another, but that's not even the issue It's your whole argument about ''well no one knows him so why should people trust him''

If Castles had a better reputation perhaps more would have believed him. Again I have even said that Mrkonja may be incorrect, but dismissing him all together because you don't know him is what I disagree with.

You can throws your Castles an annual feast or whatever other shite you were saying earlier. I've not read any other reporter outside of Castles say that there was a fallout between Klopp and Buvac. Which is completely different to what Castles reported. So the stories are not similar at all in my eyes.

Why have journalists not gone with Buvac's father being ill story? I am not sure, perhaps Mrkonja, who lives where he lives, has better sources that would lead him to his father in Banja Luka, and  to report what he said, as opposed to Brittish journalists? I am not sure, maybe thats the case.

My point entirely was that you shouldn't dismiss the bloke because you don't know of him. That's it.

If James Pierce reported exactly what Castles did, I'd be more inclined to trust him, as he's not a shitstain clickbaiting c*nt of a journalist. Perhaps thats why you see others believing one side over the other.

Anyway, Pep Lijnders, good to have him back.  ;)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2018, 12:58:23 am »
I don't actually think the local journos came round to Castle's original report. Can't be arsed going back to it now, but I'm sure it took the line of that Buvac was pissed off that he was getting frozen out of team meetings etc. It was kinda nonsensical. Yes, maybe they did fall out, I mean, that's the most likely senario whatever people want to wish. But for that reason makes zero sense, a manager doen't just suddenly decide to freeze out his trusted assistant of 17 years.

The local ones sort of went down the line of that he had clearly become withdrawn from the team the last couple weeks before he was put on gardening leave - which was obvious to anyone who watched them closely really, there was very little interaction anymore. But I honestly don't recal them going down the route of Castle's very sensationalist reporting.

Anyway, sorry, I know I know, shouldn't talk about this here.

I think that's fair. Insofar as corroborating Castles' original report, I'm specifically talking about the bit claiming Buvac had departed/was departing the club. The club's position through local journos was that he was on temporary gardening leave and would be back for the new season. The feed at the start of the season was that he was unlikely to return with Pep's return to the fold helping bridge the gap left by Buvac. Castles' original report was more sensationalist for the timing of it rather than any content as this was right on the eve of the Roma away game. But overall, I think we're more or less on the same page.

Anyway, Pep. What a coach eh?!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: August 19, 2018, 01:05:58 am »
Sniped for stupdity

I've explained for the nth time that I didn't dismiss the journalist. Only that report of his (not even a report, a tweet from what I can tell) on the basis that it wasn't confirmed anywhere else. If this offends you, please find a basement and make it your safe space.

I'm not patronising you btw, I'm taking the piss out of you.

Can't be bothered repeating myself again because you keep: