Author Topic: Train Fare Hikes  (Read 2333 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Train Fare Hikes
« on: January 2, 2018, 07:09:50 am »
It’s a joke isn’t it? Completely unwarranted rises in train fares for a service that hasn’t been improved at all in years (I’m looking at you Merseyrail).

As someone who uses the train every day I find it disgusting that they can justify putting up fares just because it’s a new year?

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Train Fare Hikes
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2018, 07:35:03 am »
Yep. Mine has gone up 15p. Ok might sound like fuck all but for the majority of the year, that percent increase off everyone and there's no justification. Nothing is improving, trains still get delayed and break as often as they always have. More strikes than ever. Course they will say it's for infrastructure improvements blah blah blah

Knobs.

I tweeted them. Went up with inflation apparently.  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2018, 07:54:36 am »
Yep. Mine has gone up 15p. Ok might sound like fuck all but for the majority of the year, that percent increase off everyone and there's no justification. Nothing is improving, trains still get delayed and break as often as they always have. More strikes than ever. Course they will say it's for infrastructure improvements blah blah blah

Knobs.

I tweeted them. Went up with inflation apparently.  ;D

It’s a joke mate. I’m back in work tomorrow and usually buy a monthly pass but they are on strike again for 3 days next week so it would be a waste of money.

I don’t know how they get away with it.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #3 on: January 2, 2018, 09:01:04 am »
It is an RPI increase. The blame does not lie with MerseyRail, it lies with central government. The price of everything is going up whilst wages stagnate. What money there is, and all spare resources, are being pissed away on the wing and a prayer Brexit. Things will get much worse too.

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 2, 2018, 03:35:22 pm »
Merseyrail are a complete joke compared to other rail companies around the country.

Train station car parks are completely full (Maghull, Aintree and Kirkby) 3 carriages long on the trains after the football and last train home on a Friday and Saturday night, when anyone with a brain can works out you need to have 6 even for just 1 or 2 trains after full time, and especially when trains are down to every 30mins of an evening.
I only use the Ormskirk line but the Southport line always looks much worse.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 4, 2018, 04:37:57 pm »
Merseyrail are a complete joke compared to other rail companies around the country.

As someone who lived in Liverpool for 26 years and moved to London this year for work, I pray each day that I could get on a Merseyrail train!

If I hear "Southern are sorry to announce a delay to the" one more effing time! :butt :no
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 6, 2018, 02:31:26 pm »
I don't use the trains much, but other than the Virgin Pendolino and some of the tube trains, every train has been a battered old heap of shit. I'd hate to rely on them as transport, for they money friends pay I'd want clean modern rolling stock, not shite from the 80's that belong in a museum.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 03:53:35 pm »
Over £3100 Liverpool to Manchester season tickets. Madness. They should be encouraging that route and commute. 

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 09:29:33 am »
Train fairs are an absolute piss take fo a second rate service. Add to that the whole debacle that is hs2😂 they need to fix what’s broken before a fancy pie in the sky project that will shave 20 minutes off a journey and cost billions of wasted money
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 03:31:57 pm »
Since privatisation, there's been over £100bn leached from the industry by executive/director pay and dividends to shareholders.

During that time, over £50bn has been paid by the UK taxpayer in the form of various subsidies and 'investment'.

Privatisation of the railways has been nothing but an exercise in transferring huge amounts of money into the pockets of fat-cat company executives and parasitic shareholders, from both taxpayers and passengers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:35:22 pm by Bear One nnnn, Danone! »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"