Author Topic: Football Manager 2018  (Read 28694 times)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Football Manager 2018
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2018, 04:03:59 pm »
Got this recently. Started a lower league save but the scouting sucks in this game I swear. Really struggling to find any suitable players, I'm about to start the season with no CB or striker because I can't find any on free contracts. My scouts just suggest me 1/2 star players every meeting, and if I go to search and filter by attributes, fuck all turns up, or players way out of my league, despite me having the European package.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:05:55 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2018, 02:26:09 pm »
So I finally caved and bought this! I had a quick look around and like what I see, but I won't have time to get properly started until the weekend.

What teams do you like playing as apart from Liverpool?

I'm thinking lower league team who would have a good squad/budget to ease me into the game. Any suggestions?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2018, 04:01:49 pm »
I'm thinking lower league team who would have a good squad/budget to ease me into the game. Any suggestions?

Depending on what you mean by lower league Blackburn have decent funds for a League 1 side.

Pretty much guarantee a promotion in the first season.

In terms of teams I like I normally have a save with Macclesfield Town.

Currently doing a save with Red Star Belgrade.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2018, 12:39:19 am »
Depending on what you mean by lower league Blackburn have decent funds for a League 1 side.

Pretty much guarantee a promotion in the first season.

In terms of teams I like I normally have a save with Macclesfield Town.

Currently doing a save with Red Star Belgrade.

That's a great call.

Had a good think about it and also like the idea of starting at Sporting and trying to end the Benfica and Porto dominance. Or starting over in Argentina and work my way over to Europe.

I always like to earn my way up to the Liverpool job.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2018, 08:58:35 am »
Argentina league is a hard slog. It's a massive league. If you're going to manager in Brazil advice would be put together a big squad and add about 10 players to it! They play tons of matches there and close to each other.

I dip into a couple of YouTube series with people who start with no experience, no club and lowest of the low ratings and take over a random club in a random country and try and work their way up to the big time. Personally I have always preferred to take over a smaller team and work my way up too. Otherwise if I take over a Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern etc I end up having won everything after a few seasons and get bored. It's good fun when you've taken over a small team when the regrens come through! Especially in South America! Get some absolute gems come through there. Problem is the likes of Benfica, Porto or MLS sides always try and lift them.

Also make sure you read the rules before managing in an unfamiliar country. In the past I have signed a few cracking players only to find I am unable to play them because of some local player quota rules.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:03:44 am by CheshireDave »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2018, 08:59:50 am »
Argentina league is a hard slog. It's a massive league. If you're going to manager in Brazil advice would be put together a big squad and add about 10 players to it! They play tons of matches there and close to each other.

I dip into a couple of YouTube series with people who start with no experience, no club and lowest of the low ratings and take over a random club in a random country and try and work their way up to the big time. Personally I have always preferred to take over a smaller team and work my way up too. Otherwise if I take over a Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern etc I end up having won everything after a few seasons and get bored. It's good fun when you've taken over a small team when the regrens come through!

My problem with doing that is I always end up wanting to stay at the smaller club and build them to compete with the best, rather than going with my original intentions of working my way up the ladder! :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2018, 09:01:29 am »
My problem with doing that is I always end up wanting to stay at the smaller club and build them to compete with the best, rather than going with my original intentions of working my way up the ladder! :D

True that! I have to be contempt with leaving them in a good way (if things go to plan!) with the idea of returning their a few years down the line, though never do!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2018, 09:01:49 am »
That's a great call.

Had a good think about it and also like the idea of starting at Sporting and trying to end the Benfica and Porto dominance. Or starting over in Argentina and work my way over to Europe.

I always like to earn my way up to the Liverpool job.

I started as Dinamo Kiev a couple seasons back, thinking it will be a challenge to win the league against Shakhtar, and see how I could do in Europe.

Second season in, having already gone the first domestic season unbeaten and cruised the league, I ended up going the whole season unbeaten again, including in Europe where I 1-0'd my way to the Champions league final then won on pens!

Was enjoyable, but there was  nowhere to go but down after that!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2018, 09:24:30 am »
I love doing a Brazillian save and trying to get a player to over 1000 goals
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2018, 01:33:21 pm »
Currently having great fun defying all odds with Cambridge United, back-to-back promotions and in the Championship playoff spots atm.  Although I'm 20k over my wage budget of 80k so I'm pretty fucked if I don't get that promotion  ;D. What I usually do is take a Conference/League 2 side to multiple PLs/Champ Leagues, new stadium etc. then when that gets boring I'll either take over Liverpool (who inevitably always end up as a mid-table side by the time its late 2020s) and return them to glory, or find some other sleeping giant in the European leagues. Best fun is when the regens come through, can find some absolute gems for a pittance, especially South Americans.

One thing I'm finding frustrating is not being able to sign players in the UK on a pre-contract. I swear you could sign them 3 (or was it 1?) month before theirs expired. When you come up through the lower leagues, loans are hugely important and I would usually sign the youngsters I had on loan on a pre-contract. Can't do it in this, even if its 29th June and their contract expires on 30th June, and if they're any good the loaning club will always renew it on 30th June.

Also the whole Scouting Meeting feature is wank.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 01:37:30 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2018, 02:26:16 pm »
I started as Dinamo Kiev a couple seasons back, thinking it will be a challenge to win the league against Shakhtar, and see how I could do in Europe.

Second season in, having already gone the first domestic season unbeaten and cruised the league, I ended up going the whole season unbeaten again, including in Europe where I 1-0'd my way to the Champions league final then won on pens!

Was enjoyable, but there was  nowhere to go but down after that!

Fair play! I actually thought about Kiev too, they were the big dogs when I was growing up with Rebrov and Schevchenko, very appealing to take them back above Shaktar.

I don't know why, but Sporting is really standing out to me. I've loaded a game including Portugal, Turkey and Russia. My aim is to win those 3 league titles and make a mark in Europe before moving to England, Spain or Italy.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2018, 02:31:38 pm »
The first thing I've noticed is the crazy fees and wages! I do like the dynamics feature and should make it more realistic.

The Portuguese league is weird, I've got about 80 players with the first team, B team and under age! And another load out on loan! Out of my comfort zone already ha. I'm used a close knit first team and about 20'youth players.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2018, 03:06:36 pm »
The first thing I've noticed is the crazy fees and wages! I do like the dynamics feature and should make it more realistic.

The thing which pisses me off about it I have had players moan about wanting to leave and in turn fucking up the dynamics. Then I speak to them and say OK you can leave go and find a club and they turn around and say "I am happy to run my contract down here, thanks". Make your bloody mind up!!

Some of the agent fees are a joke. Don't be afraid to 'lock in' prices and make them non negotiable. They often cave in on salary and fees. Obviously you run the risk of them saying no. But more often than not it works.

Another thing which I think is a bit broken in a way which helps the manager is when players moan about lack of football and the like just ask a senior player to speak to them. They always back down. Don't think I have had it yet where they remain pissed off.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2018, 03:10:00 pm »

One thing I'm finding frustrating is not being able to sign players in the UK on a pre-contract. I swear you could sign them 3 (or was it 1?) month before theirs expired. When you come up through the lower leagues, loans are hugely important and I would usually sign the youngsters I had on loan on a pre-contract. Can't do it in this, even if its 29th June and their contract expires on 30th June, and if they're any good the loaning club will always renew it on 30th June.

Another good tip is if you manage to grab a quality player as a lower league team on a season long loan around Christmas of the first season you can normally always extend the loan until the end of next season. Saves the club turning around and saying they want the player to play with a better club after the first season.

And have a look in the premier league teams U21s. Can normally pick up loan players from there even if they are not listed for loan.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2018, 03:53:18 pm »
The thing which pisses me off about it I have had players moan about wanting to leave and in turn fucking up the dynamics. Then I speak to them and say OK you can leave go and find a club and they turn around and say "I am happy to run my contract down here, thanks". Make your bloody mind up!!

Some of the agent fees are a joke. Don't be afraid to 'lock in' prices and make them non negotiable. They often cave in on salary and fees. Obviously you run the risk of them saying no. But more often than not it works.

Another thing which I think is a bit broken in a way which helps the manager is when players moan about lack of football and the like just ask a senior player to speak to them. They always back down. Don't think I have had it yet where they remain pissed off.

Good advice there, thanks.

The last game I ran was FM16 and I'm noticing that a lot of the press conferences, player chats and board interactions are exactly the same which is a bit disappointing.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2018, 04:18:00 pm »
The last game I ran was FM16 and I'm noticing that a lot of the press conferences, player chats and board interactions are exactly the same which is a bit disappointing.

Yeah you're right. To be honest I just get my assistant to do a lot of that kind of stuff. I do the tunnel interviews and team talks. The rest I send the assistant. Who annoyingly has made promises in the past which I have not been able to keep!

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2018, 04:18:05 pm »

I'm finding both signing on fees and agent fees are crazy in my short experience so far. I had a 500k transfer budget when I got promoted to Championship, a lot of free agents were asking for like 90k signing on fee + 50k agent fee. My whole transfer budget went on them. The most fun window is always the Championship to PL promotion summer, get some actually money to start playing with and can afford a half decent scouting network beyond England.

Yeah the "player wants to speak" thing is pretty broken, your influential player can almost always make them back down. If its with regards to first team football, i've found saying "player X is playing too well in your position, i can't drop him" always works.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2018, 04:21:02 pm »
Good advice there, thanks.

I pass literally everything to my assistant manager now, its all exactly the same lines in the team talk/press conferences as it was a few years ago.

Though I do like developing a grudge against certain managers. I drew Bournemouth in a League Cup round, I said I admired Eddie Howe. He threw it back in my face and said Bournemouth were gonna wipe the floor with us! They beat us 3-0 and now he's giving it large to the media. So I've made it my mission to destroy Eddie Howe and Bournemouth when I get into the Premier League, gonna call him out in press conferences, unsettle his players and just generally be a c*nt  ;D

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2018, 08:47:36 pm »
We had previously discussed a network game in here but due to the difficulties in arranging them would anyone be interested in the first RAWK Football Manager Competition?

The idea would be to have 6 teams per league managed by Rawk users, the formations and lineups sent to me and then played on FM17 Touch using the instant result feature. The games I would post to You Tube in a Match of the Day style and any stats/extra info posted in our own Thread. (couple of quick tests done, example below). Each team would use real world squads initially but with a maximum squad of 20 and no less than 10 domestic players each. A salary cap would prevent some teams becoming too strong and allow teams to arrange transfers between each other (with players starting salary dictated by the CA rating and wages increasing 10% each Year).

Initially I was thinking of doing a quick Premier League (Liverpool, Man UTD, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs) if we had enough interest but later expanding to Spain, Italy, Germany, France etc with each league winners and runners up going to the Champions League for the overall Rawk Season Champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9CaA6KABeE

I'd need to familarise myself more with the recording feature to avoid the overlapping replays and presumably there is a better method than adding text than subtitles  ;D (you will need subtitles on for my sensible soccer esc on screen info!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:49:39 pm by WillG.LFC »

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #179 on: February 5, 2018, 02:44:11 pm »
I'm really enjoying this version. Have Sporting challenging Benfica and knocked Liverpool out in the Champions League play off! Already planning a big summer shake up.

Two things have been annoying me. Players seem to become unhappier easier. I rotate quite a bit and players seem to come crying if I leave them out for a game or two.

On the match preview it doesn't show the players' fitness as a percentage, just a green circle. Is there a way to change this?

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 7, 2018, 09:37:42 am »
We had previously discussed a network game in here but due to the difficulties in arranging them would anyone be interested in the first RAWK Football Manager Competition?

The idea would be to have 6 teams per league managed by Rawk users, the formations and lineups sent to me and then played on FM17 Touch using the instant result feature. The games I would post to You Tube in a Match of the Day style and any stats/extra info posted in our own Thread. (couple of quick tests done, example below). Each team would use real world squads initially but with a maximum squad of 20 and no less than 10 domestic players each. A salary cap would prevent some teams becoming too strong and allow teams to arrange transfers between each other (with players starting salary dictated by the CA rating and wages increasing 10% each Year).

Initially I was thinking of doing a quick Premier League (Liverpool, Man UTD, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs) if we had enough interest but later expanding to Spain, Italy, Germany, France etc with each league winners and runners up going to the Champions League for the overall Rawk Season Champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9CaA6KABeE

I'd need to familarise myself more with the recording feature to avoid the overlapping replays and presumably there is a better method than adding text than subtitles  ;D (you will need subtitles on for my sensible soccer esc on screen info!

I'd be game for that. Let us know when you've got your head around it all.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 9, 2018, 02:54:32 pm »
Been reading this thread and some reviews debating whether or not to get this and just decided I will. Purchased from Argos for £20 with same day delivery (what a world we live in) so should be here tonight. Hopefully before 8 as the missus is out for a few hours so plenty of time to get into this.

Not had one since 2016 and I really enjoyed that, made Arsenal a european powerhouse in the first 3 seasons. Hopefully this is the one where I can finally crack it with Liverpool though!

Any tips or big changes since a couple years ago I should know about?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #182 on: February 9, 2018, 08:05:12 pm »
Sign De Ligt and Kluivert early
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2018, 10:15:01 pm »
Been reading this thread and some reviews debating whether or not to get this and just decided I will. Purchased from Argos for £20 with same day delivery (what a world we live in) so should be here tonight. Hopefully before 8 as the missus is out for a few hours so plenty of time to get into this.

Not had one since 2016 and I really enjoyed that, made Arsenal a european powerhouse in the first 3 seasons. Hopefully this is the one where I can finally crack it with Liverpool though!

Any tips or big changes since a couple years ago I should know about?

Same with the Argos deal. Couldn't say no.  ;D

Haven't really got into this for a few years, here's hoping to a good save! I had a boss one with Tranmere a while back, got them to the Premier League.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2018, 09:00:08 am »
Started with Spurs as I figured it'd be a decent challenge to get them winning trophies but they're a decent enough team so it'll help me get used to the game before I take on a proper challenge.

One thing though; how the fuck do I stop my gobshite assistant manager making subs!? Subbing players off after ten minutes the daft twat.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2018, 09:25:51 am »
Started with Spurs as I figured it'd be a decent challenge to get them winning trophies but they're a decent enough team so it'll help me get used to the game before I take on a proper challenge.

One thing though; how the fuck do I stop my gobshite assistant manager making subs!? Subbing players off after ten minutes the daft twat.

You must have Match Plans set up and enabled. Basically you must have a automatic tactic set up where if you have X% possession then you make subs etc. You can disable this.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2018, 08:45:12 pm »
All over Ozil and Andre Gomez at the start. Noob move.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2018, 12:18:10 pm »
Can't make any headway in Europe in my Sporting save. First season drew Barcelona and Juventus, this year I've had Barelona again and Bayern! I gave Bayern a good run for their money, including a 3-1 win at home but it's off to the Europa League again. Hopefully I can actually win it and give the Champions League a better go next year.

Has anyone else had their keepers getting injured in matches? Don't think its happened much in other versions, but happened to me 3 times already. Used to never have a keeper on the bench.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2018, 02:59:19 pm »
Can't make any headway in Europe in my Sporting save. First season drew Barcelona and Juventus, this year I've had Barelona again and Bayern! I gave Bayern a good run for their money, including a 3-1 win at home but it's off to the Europa League again. Hopefully I can actually win it and give the Champions League a better go next year.

Has anyone else had their keepers getting injured in matches? Don't think its happened much in other versions, but happened to me 3 times already. Used to never have a keeper on the bench.

How dyou play your keeper? Sweeper keeper? Not had an injury once in a game with normal Goalkeeper setting. Always seem to pick up 2/3 injuries to players in training during international breaks though  :butt
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2018, 12:25:25 am »
Fuming. Flying all season, final of the League Cup, final of the Champions League, semi finals of the FA Cup vs Spurs (with one of Watford/Huddersfield awaiting in the final), 5 point gap at top of league.... Suddenly my tactic goes to shit and I finish the season with no silverware. Didn't sign anybody all season because I wanted to use our real squad, will be looking to bring in a ball winning DM for away games and a better back up striker as well as the addition of Keita before season 2.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2018, 03:32:36 pm »
Is the database version supposed to be 18.0.1? The game has updated to 18.2.2 but when I start a new career the database is still 18.0.1

Is that right?

Also you know the width graphic on team instructions, it's lopsided, it's driving me crazy.

I've deleted and reinstalling now. I've not had much luck on this FM so far. Seems like less is more in terms of instructions, they cram so much bollocks in and go with every player role under the sun. It only makes the ME even more unstable with every years release.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:42:55 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2018, 05:15:03 pm »
I tried the demo in hopes of getting a full game, but I've been quite disappointed.

I understand that they're trying to capture the whole realm of complexity of football now, but the game has too much happening now. The in-game tactic changes, shouts / feedback is good, but stuff like data analytics and budgeting for scouting is too much.

They've made the game too complex and difficult for someone like me who has a decent interest in the game but doesn't want to invest too much time.

Anyone in this thread who actually makes full use of all features available in the game?
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2018, 06:48:17 pm »
They've actually made the scouting worse for me, you don't get scout reports into your mail inbox anymore and have to go to the scouting page.

I've not played it much, feels like a waste of money this year.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2018, 07:44:15 pm »
Yeah it’s not great.

The scouting is shite. I tried having my chief scout do all th assignments and wasn’t getting much, so tried doing it myself and then ended up getting about three reports for each assignment for the whole year so end up just searching using attributes to sign players.

And any player problems you have are literally solved every time by getting Jordan Henderson to ‘have a word’.

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2018, 06:48:29 am »
Played it so little I only just finished my first season last night.

Won the league by 2 points over UTD, was knocked out of the group stages of the CL but won the Europa.

Spent some money in jan and bought in Horn (Played all league games as couldnt play in Europe) and Isco was listed on the last day of the window, picked him up for around £30m (again he couldnt play in Europe but played league).

Into my first proper summer window and ringing in a few changes. Milner and Migs are gone, Moreno is in talks with city after a £30m bid and the fact hes behind Robertson. Hasnt been any interest in little phil yet, but PSG have been after Bobby, then Mane and then Salah. Luckilly enough ive been able to keep them happy, (Bobby with a big pay rise, but he was superb in the first season for me) Ill updates my squad  ins and outs once the window closes if anyones interested.

Few things that i dont like about this version is that on the team selection page you cant display their current condition levels. It doesnt seem to indicate whos fit or injured (easy to forget injuries etc when you are playing it as intermittenly as i have been) unless you click on the player. You can drag a first teamer or sub over one of the first 11 and it will show you both players conditions but not if you select someone outside of the matchday squad. Unless im missing something but ive seen other mention the same issue.

The player is unhappy, ask Hendo, Phil or Bobby to have a chat always resolves it, which is handy as i hate dealing with stupid problems with players but at the same time its a bit rediculous that it sorts it every time. Had Grujic moaning about not playing enough, then moaning that he didnt think we had adequate squad depth!!

You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2018, 02:20:49 pm »
How dyou play your keeper? Sweeper keeper? Not had an injury once in a game with normal Goalkeeper setting. Always seem to pick up 2/3 injuries to players in training during international breaks though  :butt

Nope just normal gk (defend I think). Maybe he's just injury prone.

On the topic of injuries, I don't know what to make of the medical centre feature. I've barely used it and it doesn't seem to affect anything (except my gk ha)

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2018, 02:22:21 pm »
Played it so little I only just finished my first season last night.

Won the league by 2 points over UTD, was knocked out of the group stages of the CL but won the Europa.

Spent some money in jan and bought in Horn (Played all league games as couldnt play in Europe) and Isco was listed on the last day of the window, picked him up for around £30m (again he couldnt play in Europe but played league).

Into my first proper summer window and ringing in a few changes. Milner and Migs are gone, Moreno is in talks with city after a £30m bid and the fact hes behind Robertson. Hasnt been any interest in little phil yet, but PSG have been after Bobby, then Mane and then Salah. Luckilly enough ive been able to keep them happy, (Bobby with a big pay rise, but he was superb in the first season for me) Ill updates my squad  ins and outs once the window closes if anyones interested.

Few things that i dont like about this version is that on the team selection page you cant display their current condition levels. It doesnt seem to indicate whos fit or injured (easy to forget injuries etc when you are playing it as intermittenly as i have been) unless you click on the player. You can drag a first teamer or sub over one of the first 11 and it will show you both players conditions but not if you select someone outside of the matchday squad. Unless im missing something but ive seen other mention the same issue.

The player is unhappy, ask Hendo, Phil or Bobby to have a chat always resolves it, which is handy as i hate dealing with stupid problems with players but at the same time its a bit rediculous that it sorts it every time. Had Grujic moaning about not playing enough, then moaning that he didnt think we had adequate squad depth!!

Yes! I hate this too and it really annoys me. Anyone found a way around it?

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2018, 03:42:00 pm »
Yes! I hate this too and it really annoys me. Anyone found a way around it?

Go to the FM2018 workshop on Steam and download a different view. I use 'WorkTheSpace's Essential Squad View' I think its called. Much better than the default one.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2018, 04:12:48 pm »
I've given up on my Cambridge save because scouting was so fucking frustrating.  :butt

The most fun thing about lower leagues was doing some serious wheeling and dealing every summer as you moved up the leagues. But every transfer window I can't seem to find any players. My scouts are fucking useless and filtering by attribute brings up so few results. I'm now in the Championship with 5-6 scouts all with 15-20 JA/JP, the 2nd most expensive scouting 'package' (Europe) and a good Chief Scout/DoF etc. I'm using a medium database with all the main European leagues enabled so shouldn't be a shortage of players.

Tried a variety of assignments, both short term and long term, got fuck all. Tried filtering by everything from attributes/contract status/previous club/nationality and get very little. My "scouting meetings" consist of my scouts giving me 20 reports on Conference-level players when I'm in the Championship, or players way out of my price range.

I have to resort to just unfiltering everything and having to scout every single player with an expiring/expired contract, but that's a huge amount of time to wait for the hundreds of reports to come back, and when they do 95% are dross or won't sign for me. By the time I get back reports for the 5% of decent, affordable players, they've been snapped up by clubs and I'm going into the first game of the season with a squad of 9 players.

Am I missing something here? Never had issues like this in previous versions.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2018, 10:42:20 pm »
Fuming. Flying all season, final of the League Cup, final of the Champions League, semi finals of the FA Cup vs Spurs (with one of Watford/Huddersfield awaiting in the final), 5 point gap at top of league.... Suddenly my tactic goes to shit and I finish the season with no silverware. Didn't sign anybody all season because I wanted to use our real squad, will be looking to bring in a ball winning DM for away games and a better back up striker as well as the addition of Keita before season 2.

League and CL double in 2nd season!! I got eliminated very early on in the FA and League Cup which I think really helped in the long run, less niggling injuries and fitter players. Utd lead all the way until gameweek 37, I've got Phil Jones to thank for getting sent off in the 86th minute and then Berahino grabbing a winner for Stoke in injury time ;D I signed Tah to partner Virgil at CB and both of them were immense, also went big for Donnarumma who was a life saver at times, never seen a keeper on FM pull out so many world class saves. I don't think I'd ever spent big on a keeper before but it was definitely worth it. Front 3 were lethal, Firmino got 38 in 48, Salah 24 in 45, and Mane 20 in 38.

Not too sure where to strengthen for next season. Lallana and Wij are complaining about gametime so I'll likely move one of those on and Grujic has progressed nicely and can replace one of them, similar situation with Karius. Trent has edged out Clyne as first choice RB now and Woodburn has pushed ahead of summer signing Gnabry as first choice back up to the front 3.