Author Topic: PlayStation VR  (Read 36273 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PlayStation VR
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2018, 03:13:46 pm »
I've never played any of them, but it's very highly rated. Is it that good?  Just last night I was talking about how it would be good to get a port of something like Fallout 3. Good stuff. PSVR is starting to build a very respectable library of games.

Borderlands 2 is probably the best of the 3 games, 1 was very good and the pre sequel was OK but a bit of a let down compared to the first 2, if you like fps looter shooters with rpg elements then you'll enjoy it, not sure how it's going to hold up in vr as it can be very fast paced, especially some of the boss battles, I've not played Doom in vr so don't know if I'll need the sick bucket out just in case ;D

This is the kind of thing to expect which might be a bit too intense for some in vr

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MPzb7vbaKkE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MPzb7vbaKkE</a>

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2018, 03:00:45 pm »
Just bought the AIM controller bundled with Firewall: Zero Hour.

That’s me sorted for tonight’s entertainment!

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a red and white Kop...
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2018, 11:20:45 pm »
Been playing Astro Bot for the past two nights.  Can't recommend this enough.  Well worth £25.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2018, 08:12:45 pm »
Oh my god Firewall: Zero Hour is amazing!

The immersion is next level you feel like your in an actual squad defending or attacking!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2018, 11:42:26 pm »
Oh my god Firewall: Zero Hour is amazing!

The immersion is next level you feel like your in an actual squad defending or attacking!
Gets to the point where normal games on your TV feels almost like a joke, doesn't it?

Finished Astro Bot. On it's own, on a TV, it would be just an OK platformer, but because it's not, it gets elevated into something so unique and different that it's amazing. Nothing beats being able to lean into the little mascot in front of you and having him wave back. There's just so many clever uses of the fact you're in the game, and in the game not as a human, but as some kind of droid following the action and being physically involved in it. It's almost magical, and it brought back the feelings of playing the likes of Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie for the first time again. I could only imagine what Nintendo could do with the technology, and it makes me wish for a more open platformer like Odyssey or Banjo.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2018, 07:49:04 am »
Gets to the point where normal games on your TV feels almost like a joke, doesn't it?

Finished Astro Bot. On it's own, on a TV, it would be just an OK platformer, but because it's not, it gets elevated into something so unique and different that it's amazing. Nothing beats being able to lean into the little mascot in front of you and having him wave back. There's just so many clever uses of the fact you're in the game, and in the game not as a human, but as some kind of droid following the action and being physically involved in it. It's almost magical, and it brought back the feelings of playing the likes of Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie for the first time again. I could only imagine what Nintendo could do with the technology, and it makes me wish for a more open platformer like Odyssey or Banjo.

It does indeed! After I played Firewall I went back to  Spider-Man and it just felt weird.

I’ll definitely pick up Astro Bot for Christmas it sounds boss!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2018, 09:37:54 pm »
Slightly addicted to Firewall these days.

Got Astro Bot and Moss off the girlfriend for Christmas.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 13, 2018, 06:44:56 am »
Anyone else picked one up with all the deals that were on? Got one for the kids as a Christmas present so not been able to use yet. Got a bundle with the starter pack, Astro Bot and move controllers. Also picked up Res Evil on Black Friday for £9.99 to go with.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 13, 2018, 07:18:15 am »
Two of the best VR games there is so can't go wrong really.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: December 14, 2018, 04:43:39 pm »
I just picked up the Mega pack bundle for my lad for xmas. I cant "test" it for him as he uses my account from his mums house and will see anything loaded.  Done the setup of the kit OK and its piss easy.

As the games are downloads I'm gonna do everything on Xmas eve for him, and just have it set up when he comes to mine on Xmas day.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 14, 2018, 09:03:37 pm »
I just picked up the Mega pack bundle for my lad for xmas. I cant "test" it for him as he uses my account from his mums house and will see anything loaded.  Done the setup of the kit OK and its piss easy.

As the games are downloads I'm gonna do everything on Xmas eve for him, and just have it set up when he comes to mine on Xmas day.
Have you tried a VR headset before? Did you put it on when you were "testing" it?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2018, 05:23:40 pm »
Have you tried a VR headset before? Did you put it on when you were "testing" it?

Yeah, I had the samsung one which was alright for what it was.

Had a quick look at that Astro thing (looks a bit like 3D sonic) as it was in the VR showroom, but didnt want to play it
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2018, 05:46:04 pm »
Any of you played Borderlands on it ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2018, 07:32:32 pm »
Any of you played Borderlands on it ?
Not yet, but plan to. They should really be adding demos for games like that, especially given what IGN did.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2018, 08:11:49 pm »
I love borderlands and am tempted to get all the kit just to play that.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2018, 07:41:10 am »
Ridiculous sale going on in the PS store at the moment.

Picked up Creed and Thumper for £15. Tempted to buy Farpoint for a tenner.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: January 18, 2019, 05:20:48 pm »
Just got ace combat

Oooooh I'm giddy af right now. Got my Kenny loggins on   ;D

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: January 18, 2019, 06:31:29 pm »
Just got ace combat

Oooooh I'm giddy af right now. Got my Kenny loggins on   ;D

Ditto, had a go on the first campaign mission and it was good fun. Will try a bit of VR once the kids are in bed, but before I have a drink...
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: January 18, 2019, 09:07:51 pm »
Supposed to be amazing in VR, but I don't think I can justify paying full price for the game just for 3 missions. If the game had have been fully VR, I'd have bought it instantly, even though I've never really been into Ace Combat. I grabbed Doom VFR and Polybius on sale there, so I have those.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: January 19, 2019, 11:27:37 am »
It is amazing in VR. The detail in the aircraft, taking off from a carrier and the general presentation during the mission is great.

It’s not easy, even on the easiest setting and there are a lot of enemies buzzing around and firing missiles at you but the immersion is brilliant.

The first mission lasts about 20 mins, so assuming the others are similar that’s an hour in total but there is plenty of replay vale in the first mission alone as it’s straight out of Top Gun and who doesn’t want to do that a few times!

I’ll keep going back to it as I have more planes to try out having opened them up in the campaign.

I’ve not really felt sick in it either, but 20 mins at a time is about right. The only time I’ve felt a bit weird in it as when pitching around fast with land below as that really emphasises the motion. Going through clouds is really nicely done but can also throw you out if you come out upside down with aircraft in front of you buzzing about!

As a package I’d say it’s well worth the asking price!

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2019, 05:48:55 pm »
There's a demo of it on the Japanese PSN. Made an account (what a bollox that was) and have it on download to try it. Hopefully it's not like that one shot Resident Evil shite.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: January 20, 2019, 12:05:35 pm »
Just had two of the most rewarding experiences on PSVR so far. One is astrobot rescue mission which is like super mario galaxy but in VR. It's so cool and cute it just makes you smile. The other is Ace Combat in VR. Holy fuck what an experience, I do feel a bit motion sick for the first time playing a VR game. It's unbelievable the ability to look round the cockpit when your turning at the same time you literally move your head around constantly and that's what gives you the motion sickness I think. Do feel like I wanna throw up but I don't care.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2019, 07:30:13 pm »
Just had two of the most rewarding experiences on PSVR so far. One is astrobot rescue mission which is like super mario galaxy but in VR. It's so cool and cute it just makes you smile. The other is Ace Combat in VR. Holy fuck what an experience, I do feel a bit motion sick for the first time playing a VR game. It's unbelievable the ability to look round the cockpit when your turning at the same time you literally move your head around constantly and that's what gives you the motion sickness I think. Do feel like I wanna throw up but I don't care.
The motion sickness comes from a conflict between your inner ear and your eyes. Your brain is expecting to feel forces that don't come, especially when it comes to walking. You're moving, but no signal has been sent to your legs to take a step. I suppose that's a testimony to how convincing VR is when it's doing that.

I played the demo of AC last night, and I was fine for the most part. I've got a good bit of experience in VR, and have OK-ish VR legs, though. AC did give my brain that "what the fuck is going on here" feeling though, whenever I banked the jet or turned it upside down. You might look a bit silly doing this, but trust me, it works. Whenever you need to turn or bank sharply, try leaning yourself into the turn by bracing your head in the same direction. Do it before you turn. It'll trick your head into thinking you're actually preparing for the forces you'd expect, and it helps with that whoozy feeling you get when turning. It makes sense to your brain more given you're seated in a cockpit. Won't work for when you're standing and walking.

Oh, and if you've just started playing Astro Bot, trust me, there's some things that game does later on that'll make it one of the most memorable experiences you've ever had.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:34:57 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2019, 07:18:19 pm »
I must be the only one not that impressed with it. And I was really hoping to be blown away.

Played my lads one that he got for Chrimbo, and really havent been blown away by anything on it.

I was looking forward to the Shark one in worlds, but fuckig hell I was bored shitless by the time anything happened. Couple of family had a go as well and after the initial "ooh this is cool" I found I was having to sell it to them that something was going to be great soon. Little reward for the wait to be honest.

Doom is a pain in the arse with the teleporting malarky and not being able to turn when your doing it. Havent felt that immersed in that either to be honest.

Astro bot is pretty. But also pretty boring.

Firewall is sort of Ok but not that great.

My lads give it a go about half a dozen times, and nothings blown him away.

A mates gonna lend my Resident Evil so I'll give that a bash.

That London gangster demo looked like it had potential.

Pretty upset that it hasnt blown me away really.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: March 26, 2019, 05:26:41 pm »
Some big announcements for this on the 'state of play' thing Sony are doing.

No Man's Sky is getting the full treatment with a free patch that allows it to be played fully in VR with VR functionality, and it'll be a free update, which is amazing. I always said the game would make a brilliant fit for VR as soon as I saw it.

Blood and Truth looks amazing, even if it might be on rails, it doesn't matter. Still looks incredible.

Concrete Genie, shown at last years' E3 looks like another one of those games that wouldn't appeal to me in flat, but will shine in VR.

Iron Man - I mean, we've all seen Tony Stark inside the suit with the floaty holograms and stuff around his face and wondered what it'd be like to have a spin in his suit. Just me, then? OK. Hopefully it'll be good and not one of those rushed tacked on jobs like the Spiderman or Justice League 'experiences' shite. Any kind of good design and production value applied to a concept like Iron Man can't fail.

Other games on the radar are stuff like Trover Saves the Universe, Ghost Giant, Jupiter & Mars, Contagion, Undead Citadel and Golem.

PSVR and VR in general's doing alright.

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 4, 2019, 09:42:14 pm »
mines sitting upstairs and hasn't been used since about Boxing day.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2019, 07:18:49 pm »
Ghost Giant is getting great reviews.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2019, 02:42:39 am »
Ghost Giant is getting great reviews.
Looks like a excellent, charming little game that. Something only possible and brought to life through VR.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 9, 2019, 11:17:39 pm »
Everybody's Golf on this is amazing. There's a learning curve and skill involved. Not as hardcore as a sim (or in this case for VR, real life) but the same principles apply when actually hitting a shot, so it feels real, but it hits the perfect sweet spot for error, so it's on the forgiving side so you don't actually have to be a real life pro to hit a ball. Everything just feels perfect. Can't believe how good of a job they've done. It's amazing that more golf games haven't been produced for VR, because they're a perfect fit.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2019, 10:13:27 am »
Everybody's Golf on this is amazing.

Didn’t think it was out yet? Will definitely get it when I can as it looks great fun and it’s good to hear positive feedback on it.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2019, 05:59:58 pm »
Didn’t think it was out yet? Will definitely get it when I can as it looks great fun and it’s good to hear positive feedback on it.
It's only a demo, but its enough to give a good impression of it. Lets you practice from a driving range, either bottom or upper floor and it feels like you're really on one. There's also an approach and putting practice area where it lets you chip from anywhere and then follow on with your put by pressing circle.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2019, 06:18:16 pm »
Nice one, might look out for it and give it a go. Looks like you can pick the full game up for just over £20 which seems reasonable.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: May 29, 2019, 01:56:43 pm »
Blood & Truth is getting great reviews.

Can't wait to play it.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #313 on: May 29, 2019, 03:29:43 pm »
Blood & Truth is getting great reviews.

Can't wait to play it.

Came in the post today, not managed to play it yet though.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2019, 10:37:41 am »
Came in the post today, not managed to play it yet though.

Let me know how it is when you've had a chance mate!

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2019, 05:45:38 pm »
Got Blood and Truth coming from Amazon. The London Heist demo was enough for me to want more of that.

Another good looking game is Trover saves the Universe.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: June 3, 2019, 08:17:39 pm »
Blood and Truth is fuckin awesome. Makes you feel like you're a proper spy/action hero, and the immersion is second to none. Just a shame the moves and PSVR's tracking is a bit shite compared to other VR, otherwise it could have been even better.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: June 7, 2019, 11:52:16 pm »
Plumped for one of these

https://www.game.co.uk/en/ps-vr-mega-pack-with-blood-and-truth-super-stardust-vr-resident-evil-7-and-now-tv-2623903?utm_source=RakutenMarketing&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=3274037:digidip+x+deal+sites&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=42508&ranEAID=svunC25memk&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Rakuten-_-GameAffiliate-_-banner&ranSiteID=svunC25memk-rtndg8PBv4aXHy4WG4Ye3A

Cant wait to try it out
That's a great price for that.

Are the moves bundled with that? You'll need them for Blood and Truth, and the majority of the better games for it. I think you can still play it with a controller, but you're missing out a large part of what makes VR VR. RE7 is DS4 only, and it's amazing, though.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #319 on: June 8, 2019, 10:48:38 am »
That's a great price for that.

Are the moves bundled with that? You'll need them for Blood and Truth, and the majority of the better games for it. I think you can still play it with a controller, but you're missing out a large part of what makes VR VR. RE7 is DS4 only, and it's amazing, though.

No moves but still have them from my PS3