Author Topic: RoseAnn Fino thread  (Read 12676 times)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: AIRING OF GRIEVANCES - RoseAnn Fino's new record
« Reply #120 on: July 4, 2016, 11:46:50 pm »
Downloaded this yesterday. Think it's great on only 2 listens.

Kind of Courtney Barnett with strings and some Lucinda Williams sneer.

Hope she does well. Thanks for blatantly punting this Timbo. Wouldn't have heard it otherwise.

And here's me thinking no-one would notice!!

;D

Really, I'm chuffed to mintballs mate - it's surely what it's all about.

Funnily enough her arl fella has just sent me a link to a local new York mag which makes the same Courtney Barnett link - which of course means me taking a look on You Tube.

:)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #121 on: July 5, 2016, 12:12:47 am »
Great news for myself, Paul, Albie, Gully and RoseAnn and her arl fella and for any of the others interested - perseverence on another forum has landed a feature spot for RoseAnn with a terrific DJ named John Donabie on a Toronto radio station who has absolutely fallen in love with her stuff.

It's on Saturday July 16th at 8pm UK time [that's 3pm Toronto time]

Link to radio station

http://www.ciut.fm/shows-2/music-shows/mixed-bag/

I'll link it again nearer the time.

;D

Yisssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Offline Ale-lujah! Ale-lujah!

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: July 5, 2016, 05:19:17 pm »
Great news for myself, Paul, Albie, Gully and RoseAnn and her arl fella and for any of the others interested - perseverence on another forum has landed a feature spot for RoseAnn with a terrific DJ named John Donabie on a Toronto radio station who has absolutely fallen in love with her stuff.

It's on Saturday July 16th at 8pm UK time [that's 3pm Toronto time]

Link to radio station

I'll link it again nearer the time.

;D

Yisssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I might just give that a listen!

Cheers Timbo lad.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #123 on: July 6, 2016, 08:11:40 am »
Just heard it in the Rider. Superb.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 6, 2016, 01:52:45 pm »
I've had a bit of a look without much luck but is the only way of buying this by mp3 download or CD from Amazon US? I'd love to get a copy but try to avoid mp3 in favour of a flac file, cd or vinyl.

Any help much appreciated. Absolutely loving this; just spotted the thread just now and reached for the office headphones :-)
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

• Main Stander
« Reply #125 on: July 6, 2016, 04:07:47 pm »
I've had a bit of a look without much luck but is the only way of buying this by mp3 download or CD from Amazon US? I'd love to get a copy but try to avoid mp3 in favour of a flac file, cd or vinyl.

Any help much appreciated. Absolutely loving this; just spotted the thread just now and reached for the office headphones :-)

I got my CD's of this from

https://roseannfino.bandcamp.com/

I think the first heading is for MP3 download and the second heading down the page allows you to buy the CD. Not sure if it works for everyone. Worth a try though. My copies took about a week from the US to the UK.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 6, 2016, 04:16:35 pm »
Thanks, Ale. I'll check it out.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #127 on: July 7, 2016, 05:16:13 pm »

Thanks for heads up Al.

And you're right it did sound absolutely superb.

JC even had a premonition about the thing a few weeks ago!!

Airing of Grievances is a lovely little song, if you can't thoroughly enjoy the strings and the distinctive voice in that you're missing something :)

It's not dissimilar to something nice and quirky that would be played on the Rider.

Love it Timbo mate. Genuinely  :wave

And fair play to Neil Atkinson who had been alerted to it on here by VBG and gave it and RoseAnn a fabulous build up. I've pm'd him to thank him and tell him how much father and daughter love - but above all sincerely appreciate - all this Liverpudlian attention!

Also really liked that opening track he played by the Glaswegian outfit. The Mungo Jerry sound for Summer [what summer????] 2016!!!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #128 on: July 7, 2016, 05:20:49 pm »

BTW - for anyone interested here's the Rider link. It's on at around the 30 minute mark - but the whole show is good fun - and as I said above the opening track is ace too.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/07/the-rider-blag-merch/

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 7, 2016, 09:03:44 pm »

JC even had a premonition about the thing a few weeks ago!!
Haha, I've only just listened to this weeks Rider on a run before and I was fucking delighted to hear it mate, absolutely wonderful.

The Rider has been as fantastic influence on my listening mate - even as an arl twat. It's a cracking show that I'd pay for alone without TAW.

Well done to you though mate, lots & lots of positive effort.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #130 on: July 8, 2016, 02:36:48 pm »
Haha, I've only just listened to this weeks Rider on a run before and I was fucking delighted to hear it mate, absolutely wonderful.

The Rider has been as fantastic influence on my listening mate - even as an arl twat. It's a cracking show that I'd pay for alone without TAW.

Agreed J.

Still an impressive prediction tho!

And what you say about the Rider is demonstrated by a quick listen to the radio show linked below. The contrast between the unbridled enthusiasm of Neil on the Rider for his subject matter and the female DJ on the linked radio station couldn't be more marked. No disrespect to the lady. She's absolutely fine but she don't bubble and squeak.

Yet as far as RoseAnn is concerned it's still great, of course, no matter how understated it's featured to have RoseAnn played on another show and I'm hugely grateful for anything which gets her stuff out there.

And this time the DJ actually gives RoseAnn the opening track on the show. And lo and behold it's my own personal favourite, The Drinking Song. For me at least the finest track of the four on the record. Which is saying something since the other three are all more than a bit special. However, the Drinking Song is one of those concise few minutes of Eleanor Rigby style song storytelling perfection that simply doesn't happen along that often. And here the exposure on a radio show knowing so many others are listening lends the song's few minutes even more gravitas than you get when you listen to it on yer todd off the CD. 

https://www.mixcloud.com/LocalMotion_WVKR/rita-ryan-of-localmotion-on-913-wvkr-interviews-jim-weider-7616/

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Well said pet. Great song too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHkV6CbDE0w/
« Last Edit: July 9, 2016, 06:18:46 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
RoseAnn has such passion and verve in all her music you can't fail to be completely taken by it particularly regarding such an emotive subject.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• Main Stander
RoseAnn has such passion and verve in all her music you can't fail to be completely taken by it particularly regarding such an emotive subject.

Just seen this. Simple. Direct, Really gets to the heart of the issue. A real throwback to the old Woody/Dylan protest tradition.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: The RoseAnn Fino thread - all stages covered
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2016, 11:25:06 am »
My huge thanks to John C and Claire for convincing me to see sense by applying their own sound judgement in advocating the integration of all the fragmented RoseAnn Fino threads into a single thread.

Makes so much sense and reveals how things have developed - and will hopefully help get her music and her name better known on RAWK and beyond in the coming months.

Really pleased with this.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:35:06 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: RoseAnn Fino music thread - all stages and both EP's covered
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2016, 02:18:38 pm »
Just in case anyone thinks that all the effort put in so far has fallen on deaf ears, a reminder to anyone interested that RoseAnn has a radio feature spot with a fabulous DJ named John Donabie on the Toronto CIUT radio station this coming Saturday July 16th.

The show starts at 7pm UK time [that's 2pm Toronto time] and the feature on RoseAnn and her music is at 8pm UK time [that's 3pm Toronto time]

Link to radio station

Needless to say I cannae fucking wait!!!

;D

• Main Stander
Just in case anyone thinks that all the effort put in so far has fallen on deaf ears, a reminder to anyone interested that RoseAnn has a radio feature spot with a fabulous DJ named John Donabie on the Toronto CIUT radio station this coming Saturday July 16th.

The show starts at 7pm UK time [that's 2pm Toronto time] and the feature on RoseAnn and her music is at 8pm UK time [that's 3pm Toronto time]

Link to radio station

Needless to say I cannae wait!!!

;D

Is there an interview Timbo?

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool

Is there an interview Timbo?

Not sure. I don't think so. I've asked her dad but he's not sure at the moment. I'm guessing it is just songs but I'm hoping he goes a bit overboard like I've done in singing her praises to make people sit up and take notice. I have heard a CD of her doing an interview on a local Hudson valley radio show. She was really good, relaxed and entertaining so there's no worries on that score if she has done an interview. Personally I'm hoping the protest song is featured as i really do believe it deserves a big audience.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RoseAnn Fino thread - all stages covered
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2016, 12:23:17 am »
My huge thanks to John C and Claire for convincing me to see sense by applying their own sound judgement in advocating the integration of all the fragmented RoseAnn Fino threads into a single thread.

Makes so much sense and reveals how things have developed - and will hopefully help get her music and her name better known on RAWK and beyond in the coming months.

Really pleased with this.

John C and sense?

I, too have been the recipient of many of John's guiding words and the decision was a wise one.

However, it is a sideshow to RoseAnn's exceptional talent

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
John C and sense?

I, too have been the recipient of many of John's guiding words and the decision was a wise one.

However, it is a sideshow to RoseAnn's exceptional talent
Thank you mate, if RoseAnn performs over here you can buy me a pint  ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
And me!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
And me

Cheeeoz!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That's a date

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: RoseAnn Fino music thread - *radio feature tomorrow [Monday July 18th]*
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2016, 11:33:12 pm »
I missed the show live. But it will hopefully be available on the following link tonight [Monday 18th July] which can be readily and quickly downloaded on the download link to enable specific listening if you're not arsed listening to the entire thing. I'm presuming the RoseAnn feature will be at the halfway time slot as originally planned

Link  - http://www.ciut.fm/shows-2/music-shows/mixed-bag/

I should add that RoseAnn's dad e-mailed me to say it was a fantastic segment which they're all absolutely thrilled to bits with. Evidently John Donabie the DJ showcased three songs [one from each new EP and one off the original album] and even gave a huge shout to the support for RoseAnn from LIVERPOOL, UK!!!

;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:32:02 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
It's now up to listen - and boy is it worth a listen too!

Just press the blue download button

It starts around the hour mark but the entire show is as good as a music radio show gets. The fellow is so steeped in the genre it oozes from his every pore. His acclaim for RoseAnn takes the breath away. As does his son's accolade a few minutes after the segment finishes.

Hopefully, between this and Neil Atkinson's feature last week we might begin to see some justice getting done in regard to the size of her audience.

As it is the DJ - John Donabie - doesn't play what I feel are her strongest songs but that doesn't matter because what he plays are still superb. But it's his promoting of her as an artist that really stands out. This is a guy who's steeped in music and the music business over many decades as you can deduce right away from how he talks about everything he plays. He's seen them all come and go and/or remain ever since pre-Beatles times, so his genuine enthusiasm for RoseAnn really tells a tale
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:57:41 pm by Timbo's Goals »

• Main Stander
I would have played Touch me and two different ones - probably Night Rolls In and Airing of Grievances but you're right it was a great showcase for her and his real enthusiasm for her music really came across. I listened to the whole show. Why don't we have anyone playing that range of stuff. Some of the stuff he played i'd never heard of but nearly all of it was top notch. And Roseann's feature showed loud and clear that she belongs in that company. Well done for pushing it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:49:23 pm by Ale »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Enjoyed listening to her songs. I know Touch me but 2 nd song very good as well. she is certainly not limited with a voice like that. only a matter of time before she gets signed up by somebody and we hear a lot more of her.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Received 'Airing of Greivenaces' in the mail this morning. Very happy to see the 'Out from Under' EP thrown in as well. Thought I was only getting one cd.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Received 'Airing of Greivenaces' in the mail this morning. Very happy to see the 'Out from Under' EP thrown in as well. Thought I was only getting one cd.

I'm guessing RoseAnn realises by now with a fair few Reds fans buying them that the overseas postage makes it disproportionately expensive for one EP. Still, it's really good of her to do that and reveals the sort of girl she is. Also it's great for you because the Out From Under EP has three outstanding tracks and one good track so it's great you've got it.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Enjoyed listening to her songs. I know Touch me but 2 nd song very good as well. she is certainly not limited with a voice like that. only a matter of time before she gets signed up by somebody and we hear a lot more of her.

The second song 'Till the Morning' is from her first record which was an 11 song album.

As you say Les it's certainly a good quality song and reveals a further 'softer' countryfied layer to her repertoire that you don't hear on the two subsequent EP's which have either a rockier or a heavier/darker flavour. I'd say there's at least four other tracks on the first album which are at the same sort of level as 'Till The Morning'.

The problem with the first record for me was that it didn't really showcase what RoseAnn had to offer.

The band who backed her - Professor Louie and the Crowmatix - are a terrific band, a long established Woodstock based country/American act who used to back Levon Helm but they tended to obscure her talent rather than bring it out. Also, since that record she's evolved very rapidly to the level we see now which is a fair way on from that first record as RoseAnn and her dad readily agree.

In that context it's clearly going to be very interesting to see whether her next record can at least maintain the momentum she's so far achieved. It's hard to envisage any significant advance as the material on the last two records is just so damn good. But we shall see I guess. 

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just listened to The Rider and came here to say what a brilliant song it is. Definitely going to be buying the album when I get home. Reminded me a lot of Martha'Wainwright/Sharon Van Etten/Courtney Barnett, which is very much my 'bag'

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just caught the Canadian radio show and what a testimonial from the guy. So I googled him, this John Donabie fellah,  and he sure is a music heavyweight with a string of top notch interviews on radio including our very own John Lennon. A hall of famer in Canada, the fellah knows his stuff and to go so overboard on our RoseAnn augurs well. Tremendous stuff. Well done, Timbo, for pushing this girl forward the way you have. It should be an inspiration to us all.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:59:55 pm by vivabobbygraham »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Just caught the Canadian radio show and what a testimonial from the guy. So I googled him, this John Donabie fellah,  and he sure is a music heavyweight with a string of top notch interviews on radio including our very own John Lennon. A hall of famer in Canada, the fellah knows his stuff and to go so overboard on our RoseAnn augurs well. Tremendous stuff. Well done, Timbo, for pushing this girl forward the way you have. It should be an inspiration to us all.

At last - someone's finally picked up on the weight and value of this radio presenter's opinion. Well in VBG.

John Donabie is without doubt a class act. His pedigree is unquestionable but it's a listen to his presentation that provides the proof of his class.

Maybe it's the initials JD make him born to be a DJ but whatever it is he's way above the level of anything we have in this neck of the woods. The depth and extent of his knowledge and insight into the music along with his raw passion for it, is simply fucking ridiculous. As you listen to his presentation unfolding you do wonder where he stores all the gen.

Obviously it goes without saying that he's tickled my own fancy with his eulogising about RoseAnn but that's got nowt to do with me singing his praises. But just on that score - what a tremendous testimonial for RoseAnn as VBG says. It really counts for something very special for someone like John Donabie to lavish so much praise on an entirely new and unknown artist such as RoseAnn and feature them so prominently on a renowned show such as his. Not just because he's probably forgotten more about music than all of us put together on here could possibly know. But because he's clearly someone who is not a slave to what has gone before. Rather someone who simply lives and breathes the music past, present and future.

God knows where the next John Donabie will come from?

Our very own Neil Atkinson perhaps? - another who seems to live and breathe the stuff he loves - whether footy or music. And can deliver that passion over the airwaves in a way that so few are blessed with the gifts to do so. No doubt they're extremely rare animals these sort of guys!

So, there you go - over to you Neil mate!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:41:43 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Just in case anyone is swayed by what VivaBobby and myself have to say about this amazing radio presenter - and do fuck right off if you're too fucking up your own arse not to be - then here's the link.

;D

Just press the blue download button. It takes only a few minutes to download and then you can listen to as much or as little as you want.

The RoseAnn bit starts around the hour mark but the entire show is as good as a music radio show gets. The fellow is so steeped in the genre it oozes from his every pore. The music he plays is incredible whilst his acclaim for RoseAnn takes the breath away. As does his son's accolade a few minutes after the segment finishes

And breathe....

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:34:53 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
I would have played Touch me and two different ones - probably Night Rolls In and Airing of Grievances but you're right it was a great showcase for her and his real enthusiasm for her music really came across. I listened to the whole show. Why don't we have anyone playing that range of stuff. Some of the stuff he played i'd never heard of but nearly all of it was top notch. And Roseann's feature showed loud and clear that she belongs in that company. Well done for pushing it.

Sorry mate. Must have missed your post.

I'll exclude you from my lengthy list of miserable c*nts.

;D

• Main Stander
Sorry mate. Must have missed your post.

I'll exclude you from my lengthy list of miserable c*nts.

;D

Phew! Worried there for a minute!

You're right though Timbo lad. The show was tremendous and him and the music he digs out are both exceptional.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Phew! Worried there for a minute!

You're right though Timbo lad. The show was tremendous and him and the music he digs out are both exceptional.

Good - that was the object of the exercise.

;D

Seriously mate - thanks for listening. Anyone who didn't is missing out **. But as it happens any of those ** who haven't listened as yet can still tune in since it looks like it's being retained to download for a further week as there was no show on Saturday due to a Toronto festival coverage.

** the de-pricked version   ;D**
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:14:04 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: RoseAnn Fino thread
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2016, 09:20:12 am »
Radio link now expired ...ah well.

:(

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2016, 05:06:13 pm »
Hoping to get CD copy of radio segment next week.

Anyone who missed it and is interested in hearing it please PM me

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #159 on: August 3, 2016, 04:07:50 pm »
Yet another RAWK poster who has discovered the delights offered by RoseAnn

Cheers mate - loving the album, thanks for the tip - she's definitely one of my best discoveries of the year.