Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 611276 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #5880 on: February 16, 2019, 06:53:10 pm »
https://twitter.com/seandeveney/status/1096813439505362944?s=21

Don’t think this came out quite as well as he thought

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5881 on: February 16, 2019, 07:28:36 pm »
Pointing out he was a bad GM? And that maybe it's not all Davis and Rich Paul fault. Maybe if he was telling management the truth from the get go and not focused on spreading trade talks he would still have a job. Don't help how crap they been as well considering how long he's been in charge.
It just the timing on it from the pelicans. Mostly seems like they dont have a plan for what to do with davis and the team.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #5882 on: February 17, 2019, 10:45:08 pm »
it looks like the regular league pass feed issue so there are some things that you don’t get in the broadcast that the Americans do (like halftime shows, pre and postgame), but at least they show inside the nba

Yep the feed was a lot better last night. I love inside nba. I miss The Jump I used to watch on BT Sports.

especially amongst those who pay for tickets, then again it’s more ‘entertainment’ than ‘sport’ over there. Least if you want to see a game you can get some dirt cheap tickets at msg, was there a few weeks ago and think it was the game against Indiana and there were some lower level seats 2hrs before tipoff for $100, cursed the fact I had plans that evening

Wow that cheap for lower level tickets. I know watching the Knicks is expensive no matter how good or crap.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:47:17 pm by LFC_1981 »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5883 on: February 17, 2019, 11:50:44 pm »
Yep the feed was a lot better last night. I love inside nba. I miss The Jump I used to watch on BT Sports.
At least with the jump you can get most of it on YouTube, or the main bits

Wow that cheap for lower level tickets. I know watching the Knicks is expensive no matter how good or crap.
its bloody expensive city, although the nets is pretty cheap, lower level seats for what could be d wades last game are around $100, not the garden admittedly but meant to be nice

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5884 on: February 18, 2019, 12:09:10 am »
Never thought to check it out on youtube.

I'm going New York September mate, I have started saving for my spends last month. Although if Dolphins get Jets or Giants away in October and Knicks have a home game, I will end up changing my dates.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:11:17 am by LFC_1981 »

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5885 on: February 19, 2019, 04:40:31 am »
Looking at the box score, it would appear that the all-star game was yet another where players stand around jacking threes all day, aside from the occasional unchallenged dunk. Does anyone watch this thing any more?

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5886 on: February 19, 2019, 04:52:37 am »
Looking at the box score, it would appear that the all-star game was yet another where players stand around jacking threes all day, aside from the occasional unchallenged dunk. Does anyone watch this thing any more?
Here is the rating for the nba all star game.
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/02/nba-all-star-ratings-tnt-overnights/

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5887 on: February 19, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »

I started watching but quickly changed the channel.  It's too bad to as it could be the best all star game in sports.  All they have to do is try a little, play a little defense, and actually make the game competitive. 

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5888 on: February 22, 2019, 06:49:37 pm »
Still don’t think it’s 100% at this stage.

Where’s Elsewhere these days with the headline post every couple weeks...
He was elsewhere :-X

Thank you mate, I had an irreplaceable loss in family, it has been very tough and it still is. Trying to do anything I can to overcome. Some great folks here sent me messages and gave me advices, thanks to all of them.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5889 on: February 22, 2019, 06:53:43 pm »

Thank you mate, I had an irreplaceable loss in family, it has been very tough and it still is. Trying to do anything I can to overcome. Some great folks here sent me messages and gave me advices, thanks to all of them.

Good to see you around mate  :wave

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5890 on: February 22, 2019, 06:54:45 pm »
On another note, James Harden cry  me a bloody river you triple quadruple travelling insufferable tw@ :D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5891 on: February 22, 2019, 06:55:13 pm »
Zion Williamson Suffers Mild Knee Sprain After Sneaker Blowout

Zion Williamson Day-To-Day With Grade 1 Right Knee Sprain

Paul George Inquires About PG 2.5 Shoe After Zion Williamson Injury

Pelicans To Play Anthony Davis 20-25 Minutes, Will Also Reduce Jrue Holiday's Minutes

NBA Formally Submits Plan To NBPA To Eliminate One-And-Done Rule

Rockets Sign Terrence Jones To 10-Day Contract

Chris Paul On Matchup WIth Rajon Rondo: 'Write The Check, Move On'

Stephen Curry Feels He's Better Now Than Unanimous MVP Season In 2016

Thunder Were 'Especially Interested' In Drafting Khris Middleton In 2012

James Harden: Scott Foster Has Personal Issue, He Shouldn't Officiate Our Games Anymore\

Kyrie Irving Featured In Commercial For Beyond Meat

Goran Dragic, Derrick Jones Jr. To Make Heat Return On Thursday

Warriors Lift Minutes Restriction For DeMarcus Cousins

Kings To Sign Corey Brewer To 2nd 10-Day Contract

Joel Embiid Out At Least One Week With Left Knee Soreness

Duke-UNC Ticket Prices Hit Super Bowl Levels

Knicks Sign John Jenkins To Two-Year Deal

Damian Lillard: 'I'm Not Willing To Sell Myself Out' To Win Title

Celtics Not A Long-Term Destination For Anthony Davis

Raptors Sign Jodie Meeks To 10-Day Contract

James Harden Characterizes Streak As Something He Has To Do To Help Rockets Win
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:57:47 pm by elsewhere »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5892 on: February 22, 2019, 06:56:02 pm »
FBI Agent Regrets Involving NBA In Tim Donaghy Probe At Early Juncture

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25980368/how-former-ref-tim-donaghy-conspired-fix-nba-games

Phil Scala, a former FBI agent that worked on the Tim Donaghy case, regrets briefing David Stern, Adam Silver, Joel Litvin and Bernie Tolbert on June 21st, 2007 about one of their referees betting on his own game and giving inside information to a gambling ring. The NBA was not told about potential game-fixing.

Scala recounts Stern mostly being upset that the NBA's in-house security didn't discover Donaghy's wrongdoing prior to the FBI.

The feds had planned on using Donaghy as an informant and to get other allegedly corrupt referees to incriminate themselves. But the probe leaked to the New York Post.

"If you're going to ask me if I would do it differently now, the answer is yes. I would not have gone to brief Stern," Scala said.

"Our plans were blown up by the fact that somebody leaked this," Scala lamented to me. "I don't like to talk in terms of coulda, woulda, shoulda, but if the Post story didn't come out, [Donaghy] would have worn a wire, and I don't know where it would have gone. Things may have been different. That's the bottom line."

Both Donaghy and the NBA tried to convince the FBI that he didn't fix games.

"They told us, 'You can't fix a game in the NBA. It's impossible,'" Scala said. "When someone tells you something's impossible, you know they're full of s---, because nothing's impossible. But that was the company line."
I liked this part 8)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:58:31 pm by elsewhere »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5893 on: February 22, 2019, 06:56:48 pm »
Tim Donaghy Privately Admits To Fixing NBA Games

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25980368/how-former-ref-tim-donaghy-conspired-fix-nba-games

Tim Donaghy refused to take a polygraph test in 2009 on whether he fixed NBA games because he would fail it. Donaghy has publicly denied fixing games, but he has taken a different position privately at times.

Researchers found that his foul calls favored the team that was bet on more heavily 77 percent of the time in the 30 games that were deemed competitive during that stretch. In those 30 games, Donaghy's calls favored the team he bet on 23 times, went against the team he bet on three times and were neutral four times.

The NBA released a statement revealing that it did not come to the same conclusion after doing extensive research in its own right:

"To be clear, the Pedowitz team and the NBA performed substantial statistical and data-based analyses to determine whether Donaghy attempted to manipulate games he officiated. All of our efforts were focused on understanding precisely what he did and how he did it so we would be best equipped to protect the integrity of our games going forward. ... These analyses did not support [ESPN's] finding that an unbiased official would not have made the calls that Donaghy did."

Per an account in New York magazine in 2015, the NBA somehow persuaded Random House to kill Donaghy's memoir. Donaghy then found another publisher: a small, independent, newly established outfit run by Shawna Vercher.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5894 on: February 22, 2019, 06:57:34 pm »
Good to see you around mate  :wave
Likewise mate, thank you :wave

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5895 on: February 22, 2019, 07:00:09 pm »
Gortat Is Determined To Join The GSW, Has Turned Down Other Teams Including The Bucks

A few hours after his release, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported that Gortat is interested in playing for the current NBA champions, the Golden State Warriors . At the same time, he announced that the Oakland club wants to wait until "dust falls" and then assess who would be a valuable reinforcement from "free agents".

Wait for this they do not want in other clubs. According to unofficial sources, Gortat in recent days has rejected bids from teams that count in the fight for the NBA championship. One of them was reportedly Milwaukee Bucks .

The Polish midshipman, who is currently at his home in Orlando, is interested only in the Warriors game. Apparently, a 35-year-old basketball player is even able to risk losing this season, if there is no proposal for a contract with this club. - I already have my years, but I feel really good physically and if I was my own agent, I would strongly recommend Golden State Warriors - he said recently in a conversation for "Przegląd Sportowy".

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan

• Legacy Fan

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5898 on: February 23, 2019, 11:29:48 am »
NBA Issues Lengthy Response To ESPN's Story On Tim Donagy

The following is the NBA’s unabridged response to “How Former Ref Tim Donaghy Conspired to Fix NBA Games,” published by ESPN on Feb. 19, 2019:

The Tim Donaghy matter concluded over a decade ago with a full investigation by the federal government, Donaghy’s termination from the NBA, and his conviction for criminal acts. At the same time, at the request of the NBA, former prosecutor Larry Pedowitz conducted an independent investigation of Donaghy’s misconduct and issued publicly a 133-page report. This report was based on an extensive review of game data and video as well as approximately 200 interviews, thousands of pages of documents, and consultation with various gambling and data experts.

The ESPN Article attempts to revive this old story. Unfortunately, it is replete with errors, beginning with its statement that the Pedowitz Report “concluded that Donaghy, in fact, did not fix games.” The Pedowitz Report made no such conclusion. Rather, the investigation found no basis to disagree with the finding of the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s Office that “[t]here is no evidence that Donaghy ever intentionally made a particular ruling during a game in order to increase the likelihood that his gambling pick would be correct.”  ESPN ignores this important distinction.

The new material that ESPN has assembled to support its own conclusion that Donaghy manipulated games is not strong and adds little to the existing record.

Quoted Individuals

The ESPN Article includes several quotes from named and unnamed individuals.  But these statements conflict with other evidence in the record and in many cases are based on speculation.  For example:

• ESPN quotes Phil Scala, a retired FBI agent who was part of the government’s investigation, as saying Donaghy’s claim that he did not manipulate games “never really flew with us.” But in 2009, Scala wrote a foreword to a book authored by Donaghy in which Scala characterized Donaghy’s cooperation as “unconditionally truthful” and stated that Donaghy “confess[ed] his sins, [took] full responsibility for his actions, pa[id] his debt to society, and [found] the humility to completely display his past vices.”

• ESPN quotes an anonymous “professional gambler” as claiming Donaghy told him “he liked to call an illegal defense call, right away, in the first minute.” But this claim is not accurate.  In the 274 regular season and playoff games that Donaghy officiated during the 2003-04 to 2006-07 seasons, he called illegal defense three times during the first minute of a game.

• ESPN asserts that Donaghy had “come clean” to Tommy Martino. But the actual quotes attributed to Martino do not appear to support that conclusion – they only suggest that Donaghy told Martino he could influence games, not that he had in fact done so.

Statistical Analysis

The ESPN Article relies on a statistical analysis of Donaghy’s officiating and betting line movements.  We asked ESPN to provide us with the data and assumptions underlying this analysis, but they refused.  Based on the limited information contained in the Article, we attempted to replicate ESPN’s findings – but were unable to do so.  Indeed, our analysis found no meaningful pattern of Donaghy making more calls in favor of the team that had the “heavier betting.”

Further, the original analyses conducted by the Pedowitz team were significantly more comprehensive than what ESPN appears to have done.  For example, ESPN’s work appears to include only foul calls, and not significant non-calls or violations.  It further treats all calls the same, without considering the nature or circumstances of the call – such as “take fouls” or high-impact shooting fouls.  And ESPN questionably excludes from its analysis 10 games that it deemed to be “blowouts” and roughly 50 calls that it could not attribute to a particular referee – omissions that could meaningfully alter its conclusions.

Finally, it is important to remember that a statistical analysis can only suggest a probability of an event’s occurrence – it does not itself constitute direct evidence that an event occurred.  By contrast, the Pedowitz team and the NBA supplemented statistical analysis with an assessment of the accuracy of each of Donaghy’s actual calls and non-calls in relevant games.  These analyses also did not support ESPN’s conclusions.

Anecdotal Evidence from Games

The ESPN Article cites several games officiated by Donaghy that included calls or call patterns that ESPN deemed suspicious.  However, these examples have limited value separate from a more careful video analysis, and they frequently omit material information.  For example:

• Dallas @ Seattle, 12/20/2006: ESPN cites a foul called by Donaghy against Seattle with 23 seconds remaining in the game that purportedly gave Dallas an opportunity to cover an 8-point spread.  But it omits that this was an intentional “take foul” by Seattle.  The Article also cites a streak of fouls called by Donaghy against Seattle in the same game, purportedly to favor Dallas.  But it omits that after this streak, and during the last four minutes of the game, Donaghy called two fouls against Dallas.

• Boston @ Philadelphia, 12/13/2006: ESPN cites two consecutive fouls called by Donaghy against the Sixers’ Andre Iguodala in the third quarter when the game’s score margin was near the point spread.  But it omits that between those fouls, Donaghy called a foul against the Celtics’ Paul Pierce.

• Washington @ Indiana, 3/14/2007: ESPN cites four consecutive fouls called by Donaghy against the Pacers in the fourth quarter when the game’s margin was near the point spread.  But it omits that immediately prior to this streak, Donaghy called four consecutive fouls against the Wizards.

We recognize there is strong interest in the subject of expanded sports betting and the measures sports organizations should undertake to protect integrity.  However, the ESPN Article does not add anything material to the record of what happened over a decade ago.  There is no dispute that Tim Donaghy engaged in criminal conduct as an NBA referee, costing him his job, his reputation, and for a time, his freedom.  The Pedowitz investigation focused on understanding what Donaghy did and how he did it so we would be best equipped to protect the integrity of our games going forward.

In that regard, the Pedowitz Report prompted changes to the NBA’s officiating and integrity programs.  A summary of the initiatives the NBA has adopted since 2008 is available here.  This summary provides added context that describes the NBA’s response to the Donaghy situation and our continued efforts to ensure that the NBA’s integrity programs meet the highest standards.

The Donaghy matter also underscores the need for sports leagues to have greater access to betting data from sports books to monitor gambling on their games.  We will continue our ongoing efforts to obtain this information to further expand our integrity efforts and best protect our sport in an age of legalized sports gambling.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5899 on: February 23, 2019, 12:13:43 pm »

Really sorry to hear that.

Good to see you back in here though, thought you were a bit quiet given all the recent news.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5900 on: February 23, 2019, 03:00:01 pm »
Really sorry to hear that.

Good to see you back in here though, thought you were a bit quiet given all the recent news.
Thank you man, great to see you as well.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5901 on: February 23, 2019, 09:31:01 pm »

sorry to hear that mate, stay strong

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5902 on: February 25, 2019, 11:28:55 am »
Yes Knicks snapping that losing home loss record.

Good win in the end.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5903 on: February 25, 2019, 10:37:46 pm »
Pop must be mad at the knicks for not trading KP to them

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5904 on: February 26, 2019, 08:00:20 pm »
sorry to hear that mate, stay strong
Thank you mate, I will try my best.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5905 on: February 27, 2019, 10:27:11 am »
Pop must be mad at the knicks for not trading KP to them

What comes around goes around for him them.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5906 on: February 27, 2019, 10:27:55 am »
2 wins in a row for us now :)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5907 on: February 28, 2019, 08:09:40 pm »
Dirk Nowitzki Hasn't Ruled Out Returning For 19-20 Season

Suns Begin Interviewing Candidates For GM Job

Knicks To Sign Henry Ellenson To Two-Year Deal

Dairis Bertans Agrees To Two-Year Deal With Pelicans

Hornets Not Interested In Discussing Buyout With Frank Kaminsky

Spencer Hawes Signs G League Contract

Dwyane Wade On Buzzer-Beater: 'I Needed This One On My Way Out'

Brad Stevens Following Fourth Straight Loss: Celtics 'Desperate For A Win'

Lonzo Ball's Sprained Ankle To Be Re-Evaluated On Thursday

Marcus Smart: Celtics Struggle Because 'Nobody Is Together'

Pelicans Waive Tim Frazier, Looking To Add Dairis Bertans From Olimpia Milano

Trae Young Becomes Third Rookie To Have 35 Points, 5 Assists In Consecutive Games

Clippers Project To Have $54M-$75M In 2019 Cap Space

Joe Lacob Reveals Warriors Moving To Phase 3 To Become 'More Than A Basketball Team'

NBA Rescinds DeMarcus Cousins' Shoe Toss Technical Foul

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Auctioning Off Memorabilia

Cavaliers Will Attempt To Trade J.R. Smith In June

NBA Hasn't Received Demand To Increase Jersey Sponsorship Patch Size

NBA RSN Ratings Down 10 Percent On Average From Last Season

LeBron James: Lakers 'Wrong Franchise' If You're Affected By Distractions

James Harden's 30-Point Streak Ends At 32

Karl-Anthony Towns Feels Lucky To Be Alive Following Car Accident

Celtics Told Pelicans At Deadline Everyone Can Be Available In Anthony Davis Trade

Jayson Tatum 'Knows' He'll Be An All-Star Next Season

Brad Stevens 'Disappointed' In Himself

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5908 on: March 1, 2019, 09:36:03 am »
dirk really needs to retire. dude can barely move. loved him in the finals against the heat.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5909 on: March 1, 2019, 12:06:02 pm »
Congratulations to Nate McMillan for having the team ultra competitive despite having lost their best player and still have played games without their second best player (Turner or Sabonis). I still maintain the owner is a guy who will never take the next step to make the team a title challenger.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5910 on: March 1, 2019, 01:21:28 pm »
dirk really needs to retire. dude can barely move. loved him in the finals against the heat.
think I posted something like this last year when I finally saw him in the flesh, love the dude but Father Time and all that

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5911 on: March 1, 2019, 02:26:01 pm »
Agreed. I think it may not be his choice and maybe Cuban is pushing for it. Porzingis' favorite player growing up was Dirk and he has been lobbying for that for a while now.It's not as if Dirk came back for another year he'd be taking minutes away from anyone. More just to give them a breather here and there during games but more importantly, let KP learn a few things from him for a full season. Maybe Cuban wants that so KP can sign a max with Mavs. But as you said it hurts to see him barely walk out there.

Wouldn't it be awkward if he came back, with stuff like Doc stopping the game and the special All-Star treatment?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5912 on: March 1, 2019, 02:27:41 pm »
Congratulations to Nate McMillan for having the team ultra competitive despite having lost their best player and still have played games without their second best player (Turner or Sabonis). I still maintain the owner is a guy who will never take the next step to make the team a title challenger.
COY should go to him, Bud or Mike Malone. Might as well give a joint award. People thought Pacers wuld be out of play off picture once Oladipo was injured, they keep fighting for a 2nd/3rd place, impressive stuff.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2019, 02:29:45 pm by elsewhere »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5913 on: March 1, 2019, 02:32:03 pm »
Agreed. I think it may not be his choice and maybe Cuban is pushing for it. Porzingis' favorite player growing up was Dirk and he has been lobbying for that for a while now.It's not as if Dirk came back for another year he'd be taking minutes away from anyone. More just to give them a breather here and there during games but more importantly, let KP learn a few things from him for a full season. Maybe Cuban wants that so KP can sign a max with Mavs. But as you said it hurts to see him barely walk out there.

Wouldn't it be awkward if he came back, with stuff like Doc stopping the game and the special All-Star treatment?
porzingis practices so just give him 5 mins with dirk for the last home game

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5914 on: March 2, 2019, 09:03:54 am »
What a game between Chicago and Atlanta. 4 OTs.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5915 on: March 2, 2019, 10:03:12 am »
What a game between Chicago and Atlanta. 4 OTs.
Trae Young is coming alive and making a late run for the ROY. John Collins already made the leap and he is a double double machine. Hawks future not looking bad at all.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5916 on: March 2, 2019, 10:08:17 am »
Adam Silver Discusses Replacing All-Star Game With Preseason Or Midseason Tournament

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/01/nba-commissioner-silver-talks-shorter-season?collection=news

Speaking at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, Adam Silver raised the idea of potentially replacing the All-Star Game with a preseason or midseason tournament similar to the Champions League in European soccer.

"The All-Star Game didn't work," said Silver, before describing the event as "an afterthought".

Silver also discussed whether the league would shorten the season to 70 games, although there would be logistical difficulties in teams giving up 6 home games each season and players potentially having to take a 20% pay cut.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all agree All Star game even All Star weekend just does not work even though it's still better than NFL, NHL, MLB All Star weekends.

But i don't know what they mean by Champions League type of midseason tournament. Idea feels worse actually and makes no sense, there is no way they can fit a tournament into a schedule already piled up. Just make All Star events more competitive imo.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5917 on: March 2, 2019, 01:18:53 pm »
Think he means a straight knockout tournament?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5918 on: March 2, 2019, 03:08:46 pm »
Think he means a straight knockout tournament?
Yes but what I'm saying is they are complaining that the season is too long on one hand, yet they would want to add a tournament on the other. How does that shorten the season? Just ask the players to contest shots and play more competitively, add centers back in the game as they can contest those layup's galore.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5919 on: March 2, 2019, 03:12:03 pm »
Yes but what I'm saying is they are complaining that the season is too long on one hand, yet they would want to add a tournament on the other. How does that shorten the season? Just ask the players to contest shots and play more competitively, add centers back in the game as they can contest those layup's galore.
fair point, don’t think the all star game is that bad, some stuff like having the all star game draft done live in the stadium would be a good one