Author Topic: Trade Recommendations  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Giz a Gobble

• Scouse Turkey that's hard to swallow.....
  • Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 97.
Trade Recommendations
« on: March 25, 2015, 11:48:08 am »
Hello - bought a house and now needing to rip out every window and french window to start again so was just wondering if anybody had any personal recommendations for window/door companies in Liverpool who can help? Was planning to get 2-3 out to give me some quotes. Could also do with a recommendation for a locksmith as well to change the locks - ta!

Thought this could be opened up to any recommendations for tradesmen (electricians, plumbers) etc in case anybody needs help in the future.  :wave

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Trade Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:50:33 pm »
Would highly recommend Scenic based in Huyton, just done all my daughters windows/doors/ patio and have done all ours in the past, reliable, clean etc. They done my mates patio doors and also a step so can do building work as well, he was well pleased.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 05:49:30 pm »
I used Jones windows systems (jws) I think they were in St helens, built me a porch and conservatory, did a great job, and always respond to maintenance calls quickly if you've a dodgy handle or stuff like that, I've also used safe style  for French windows and they are a high quality, but you pay for that and you also have to put up with knobhead salesmen with the big companies.

Good idea for a thread this, I've been trying to get a decent pointing company for two years, builders just aren't interested in pointing.
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 12:25:08 pm »

Replacement windows now come under Building Regulations . Make sure that any company you use is FENSA registered , or alternatively you would have to apply for Building Reg's approval .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 03:06:46 pm »
Replacement windows now come under Building Regulations . Make sure that any company you use is FENSA registered , or alternatively you would have to apply for Building Reg's approval .

And retain the certificate in case you ever sell the house.

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 07:18:20 pm »
Any personal recommendations for a decent cobbler/shoe repair place, ideally South Liverpool or city centre? Tried Timpsons on Allerton Road last time, but it was neither cheap nor overly impressive on that occasion. Ta loves.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 07:30:47 pm »
I'm looking for a roofer in South Liverpool (Penny Lane), anyone know a decent one?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 07:52:17 pm »
A lad called Chris Tobin done  me a whole new roof after the storm earlier this year , decent lad for a bluenose . I'd worked on a job previously and while I was there the woman had a leak and one of the other lads on the job called him out , what I like was he went up took a load of pictures for her and explained everything honestly and openly . Done quick and tidy job for us .

http://christobinroofing.com/

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 09:26:29 am »
Cheers - sounds decent, the last fella i had a was a right cowboy and the roof still isn't right. I'll give him a call.

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #9 on: December 4, 2017, 03:56:39 pm »

I need some air bricks fitted. Does anyone have any recommendations?
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!