Author Topic: James Bond 24 announced - Spectre  (Read 56181 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: James Bond 24 announced - Spectre
« Reply #560 on: August 17, 2018, 08:08:14 pm »
He could look 70, true! We've been there with Roger Moore. It wasn't great.

He wouldn’t look anything like that though. He’s more a tough and rugged Daniel Craig than he is a swarve Moore.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #561 on: August 17, 2018, 08:25:33 pm »
He wouldn’t look anything like that though. He’s more a tough and rugged Daniel Craig than he is a swarve Moore.

Now, yes. When he's 60?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #562 on: August 17, 2018, 08:28:06 pm »
Now, yes. When he's 60?

Well he’s a much better chance given he is now and Moore never really was.

I mean I agree it’s an issue, especially if they’re looking to have a more tough and rugged type of bond which Elba would be.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: August 17, 2018, 08:32:52 pm »
Only problem with Elba is that he's 45.

You don't cast Bond for one film, you want the same guy in the role for four, five, six movies, which means you're looking twelve to eighteen years ahead. Idris is fucking cool, but nobody is going to believe a 60 year old as James Bond.

Why can't Bond be older? So long as he kept himself fit and with the technology available today and in the future, he could still be lethal.

This man below is Sensei Morio Higaonna, 10th Dan Goju Ryu - known as the most dangerous man in Japan in a fight. He's 79 now, he was 77 when this picture was taken. He still practices Karate.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #564 on: August 17, 2018, 08:33:36 pm »
Now, yes. When he's 60?
I reckon he might still be able to pull it off, but I get your point. Who would be your choice? Not having a go, genuinely interested. Not sure which younger actors have been mentioned. Quite like Norton, but I'm not sure he's quite there for me. Hardy's a bit older but could do it, but I'd miss watching him ham it up in more interesting roles.

Just had a look at Oddschecker, some mad shouts there. Gillian Anderson at 50/1. I'd love that.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #565 on: August 17, 2018, 09:09:56 pm »
Would it be a different take though? To me it would be more of what we have seen before really.

Has to be a different take, otherwise what's the point? I mean they have gotten rid of the misogynistic elements over the years, it is still there but at least they got some depth to the "Bond Girl" characters now. Surely they will add a different layer if they are to go with a different race.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #566 on: August 17, 2018, 09:20:14 pm »
Love Craig. Would love Idris Elba. Make it happen. Ta

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: August 17, 2018, 09:25:02 pm »
I reckon he might still be able to pull it off, but I get your point. Who would be your choice? Not having a go, genuinely interested. Not sure which younger actors have been mentioned. Quite like Norton, but I'm not sure he's quite there for me. Hardy's a bit older but could do it, but I'd miss watching him ham it up in more interesting roles.

Just had a look at Oddschecker, some mad shouts there. Gillian Anderson at 50/1. I'd love that.
Gillian Anderson as Bond?

Has to be Fassbender. He's perfect for it.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: August 17, 2018, 09:25:45 pm »
Mike Myers

Bye

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #569 on: August 17, 2018, 09:29:20 pm »
Mike Myers

Bye

You're lucky I'm not a newb or I'd have had a go at you for that.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: August 17, 2018, 09:30:45 pm »
Mike Myers

Bye
Sure. Why not? Just as good with a fake Brit accent as what Anderson is.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: August 17, 2018, 09:31:52 pm »
Sure. Why not? Just as good with a fake Brit accent as what Anderson is.

Austin Powers is the Real James Bond  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: August 17, 2018, 09:32:37 pm »
You're lucky I'm not a newb or I'd have had a go at you for that.

lollys and all that good newbstuff  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #573 on: August 17, 2018, 09:33:14 pm »
Still ... bond ... a black man in an Aston Martin?

Would just be two hours of him getting pulled over and searched by the police...

(A little bit of politics there ladies and gentlemen, a little bit of politics)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: August 17, 2018, 09:42:17 pm »
Gillian Anderson as Bond?
It'd be hilarious. Bond does aliens and wendigos. Although if it was a woman, I think she'd actually be quite good. She's smooth, but with a bit of steel. Emily Blunt's the best priced lady at 40/1. Again, I reckon she'd actually make a very good female Bond on the offchance they go that way.

Wouldn't mind seeing what Jeremy Corbyn at 250/1 could do with the role, although I understand from reading this thread that some people might have reservations about his age. Not sure Alan Carr's quite got the gravitas unfortunately, and his 500/1 price probably reflects this.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: August 17, 2018, 09:46:33 pm »
Why can't Bond be older? So long as he kept himself fit and with the technology available today and in the future, he could still be lethal.

This man below is Sensei Morio Higaonna, 10th Dan Goju Ryu - known as the most dangerous man in Japan in a fight. He's 79 now, he was 77 when this picture was taken. He still practices Karate.

How's his English accent?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: August 17, 2018, 10:05:04 pm »
Give it to Giggseh!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #577 on: August 17, 2018, 10:10:11 pm »

Mrs Phillips choice for the next Bond would be that Poldark lad.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: August 17, 2018, 10:15:36 pm »
Has to be a different take, otherwise what's the point? I mean they have gotten rid of the misogynistic elements over the years, it is still there but at least they got some depth to the "Bond Girl" characters now. Surely they will add a different layer if they are to go with a different race.

It would be tricky because its not like they can change the background of the character.

It depends a lot on how the next film goes. If its any good then someone like Elba would slot into the role nicely but if its not that great then audiences will want a radical change.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #579 on: August 17, 2018, 10:20:32 pm »
Elba would make a great James Bond, tough and classy but best choice for me is
Gerrard Butler, brilliant in Law abiding citizen. he can play someone cold, ruthless and classy, ideal for James Bond

This. Is. Spectre.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: August 17, 2018, 11:32:03 pm »

Nice idea in theory, but the reality is that doing movies like this tends to take a lot out of an actor and they should be looking for somebody who can readily do 3+ movies without it looking too out of place by the later ones.

Ideally I reckon they should be after somebody in their late 30s or at a push early 40s, old enough for the character to have a sufficient air of experience, but still young enough to give more flexibility as to how many movies they could do before recasting and as good as he would be, that would be why I wouldn't want it to be Elba. He has already moaned in the past about working on a franchise with some of his comments about the Thor movies, so it would be tough to see him get even as far as a 3rd movie with all the Bond baggage and expectations which wouldn't be great for the first non-white actor to get the role as moronic media would try and use that.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: August 18, 2018, 09:32:21 pm »
As with DC, I'm far more interested in what they could do rather than what they end up doing.

Black Bond? Hell yeah, get a talented black actor (I have a list) and go wild. Make his race key to the character.
Old Man Bond with Brosnan returning. It would be like a shitter The Rock, but it would be fun to have it be official.
Lady Bond.
60s Bond.

There's a lot they can do with the character. If they go with the normal, I'd say Cavill would be ideal. The field is thin.

I'm thinking the new Bond Teams up with the new Dr Who.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #582 on: August 18, 2018, 09:37:39 pm »
What's the one where the laser beam goes up his jaffas?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: August 18, 2018, 09:41:41 pm »
What's the one where the laser beam goes up his jaffas?

Goldfinger
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #584 on: August 18, 2018, 10:24:22 pm »
Goldfinger

Read in the voice of Alan Partridge. "Stop getting Bond wrong!"
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: August 19, 2018, 12:24:46 am »
Cast an Albino as Bond. Make it happen.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: August 19, 2018, 01:24:02 am »
How about Tessa Thompson? Really good actress, right age, decent English accent, new spin on an old franchise and it'd piss loads of people off.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: August 19, 2018, 02:13:28 am »
Much that i'd love Idris Elba to take the role he's only 5 years younger then Daniel Craig. They release a movie roughly every 3-4 years so he'd be hitting 50 at about the time of his first movie.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is only 41 and Emily Blunt 35 and if we're looking for a younger Bond then someone like Nicholas Hoult or Nathalie Emmanuel could be options.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #588 on: August 19, 2018, 02:23:18 am »
Charlie Hunnam for me, mind was blown when I found out he's form Newcastle as I'd only seen him in Sons of Anarchy, then realised he was also in Green Street.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: August 19, 2018, 09:26:22 am »
How about Tessa Thompson? Really good actress, right age, decent English accent, new spin on an old franchise and it'd piss loads of people off.

Er, no.

Charlie Hunnam for me, mind was blown when I found out he's form Newcastle as I'd only seen him in Sons of Anarchy, then realised he was also in Green Street.

Thats worse than the Gerard Butler shout.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: August 19, 2018, 09:28:06 am »
Much that i'd love Idris Elba to take the role he's only 5 years younger then Daniel Craig. They release a movie roughly every 3-4 years so he'd be hitting 50 at about the time of his first movie.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is only 41 and Emily Blunt 35 and if we're looking for a younger Bond then someone like Nicholas Hoult or Nathalie Emmanuel could be options.

No on the lady shouts and Hoult doesnt really have an edge about him. There should definitely be a younger Bond but he wouldnt be right in my opinion.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #591 on: August 19, 2018, 09:44:40 am »
Chiwetel Ejiofor is sooooooooooooooooooooo good but he ain't Bond material

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: August 19, 2018, 11:53:16 am »
Chiwetel Ejiofor is sooooooooooooooooooooo good but he ain't Bond material
I reckon he could do it, you know. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a black Bond, and I think Ejiofor would be my choice if they do. No idea if he's even been linked though.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: August 19, 2018, 12:26:46 pm »
Fassbender would be great but maybe a bit too much like Craig if they want a different type of Bond in the next set of films.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: August 19, 2018, 07:38:52 pm »
Er, no.

Er, maybe.

Fassbender would be great but maybe a bit too much like Craig if they want a different type of Bond in the next set of films.

Fassbender is a bit of a unit isn't he? Could see him as a bit more of a brutal Bond, though that might still be too similar as you say.

What about Tom Hiddleston?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: August 19, 2018, 07:45:02 pm »
Er, maybe.

Fassbender is a bit of a unit isn't he? Could see him as a bit more of a brutal Bond, though that might still be too similar as you say.

What about Tom Hiddleston?
Thought Fassbender was relatively slender for an actor, unless he's bulked up for a role recently? Out of all the potential white Bonds I think he'd be my favourite and Hiddleston could be decent too, although neither would exactly be the gritty, brutal type. Reckon Hardy would be good for that. All three are probably too good for Bond though - I think I'd actually prefer to see them in more interesting, challenging roles.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: August 19, 2018, 08:08:53 pm »
Thought Fassbender was relatively slender for an actor, unless he's bulked up for a role recently? Out of all the potential white Bonds I think he'd be my favourite and Hiddleston could be decent too, although neither would exactly be the gritty, brutal type. Reckon Hardy would be good for that. All three are probably too good for Bond though - I think I'd actually prefer to see them in more interesting, challenging roles.

Fassbender just has that sort of frame where he could be quite a big imposing figure, whereas Hiddleston is quite slight.

Hardy could be good if he ever drops that gruff, hard to understand accent he seems to insist on doing in everything now.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #597 on: August 19, 2018, 10:03:19 pm »
I reckon he could do it, you know. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a black Bond, and I think Ejiofor would be my choice if they do. No idea if he's even been linked though.

Was very suave and sophisticated in Serenity but hmmm

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #598 on: August 20, 2018, 10:11:28 am »
James Corden? He'd bring some humour and dance skills.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #599 on: August 20, 2018, 10:43:48 am »
Are people really advocating for a female Bond? Come onnnn, give your heads a wobble.

Bond is a fictional character, sure he is, but his character is a white male, a naval commander. Why change what isn't broken for the sake of political correctness?