Author Topic: Oussama Assaidi..  (Read 78860 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Oussama Assaidi..
« Reply #200 on: January 2, 2014, 07:57:41 am »
Wasnt it Andros Townsend who was saying that Sterling was raving about Assaidi to everyone?? Or something like that?

It was mate yeah. Sterling said to Townsend that Assaidi does some incredible stuff in training.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #201 on: January 2, 2014, 08:07:57 am »
Wasnt it Andros Townsend who was saying that Sterling was raving about Assaidi to everyone?? Or something like that?
According to Gerrard Joe Cole is better than Messi in training....
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #202 on: January 2, 2014, 08:26:33 am »

Got any proof of that Gerrard is a liar? ;)

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #203 on: January 2, 2014, 09:18:07 am »
Got any proof of that Gerrard is a liar? ;)

I think Gerrard was just taking the piss mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #204 on: January 2, 2014, 09:25:36 am »
He is much better than Aspas and Moses i think he always was, but had less opportunities than Aspas, thats frustrating...

he's had a lot more time to settle with a lot more opportunity to start

still fair play to the wee man he's been boss for us on loan ;D

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #205 on: January 2, 2014, 09:46:55 am »
Made up we are finally making use of the loan system and getting players who need games time on the pitch. It could make the difference between Assaidi having a career here or not.
So true, Al.  Credit to Assaidi too for the effort he is putting in.

So glad he can't play against us. lol

Offline LFCvs007

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Last Edit: January 2, 2014, 05:48:15 pm by LFCvs007 »

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 2, 2014, 08:58:08 pm »
"He (Rodgers) texts me sometimes if I score, saying 'well done', 'keep going' and 'I am hearing good things about you'. But I love to play here for Stoke because they have given me a chance."

Brendan is aware that he exists then.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Denzel

• Boys Pen
« Reply #208 on: January 2, 2014, 09:03:13 pm »
He'll be back here next year, he's a better option that Moses already yet it's good he's maturing and getting the regular starts at Stoke.

Offline AK47

• Needs to get a manly man's room. Grrrr.
  • Kopite
  • So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell
« Reply #209 on: January 2, 2014, 09:19:41 pm »
Only has 2 names so can't be any good. All our good ones have at least 3...
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Offline TewwificTechnician

• Misery arse.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #210 on: January 2, 2014, 09:33:08 pm »

No he said some of the skills Joe Cole can do are up there with Messi... Back in the day he probably could. Hate how this is always twisted.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #211 on: January 2, 2014, 09:41:02 pm »
No he said some of the skills Joe Cole can do are up there with Messi... Back in the day he probably could. Hate how this is always twisted.
Wasn't it involving a golf ball?

edit quick google:

"'Messi can do some amazing things,' Gerrard told Match of the Day magazine.
'But anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better. He used to shock us in training by doing footy tricks with a golf ball that most players can’t even do with a football."
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: January 2, 2014, 10:48:24 pm »
Every time I see him for either Stoke or us, he has impressed.

That's why I find it baffling that he never got more of a chance here in the first place. Not first XI quality but a useful squad player? Most certainly.

Can't see him coming back next summer, though.

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 2, 2014, 11:47:57 pm »
Every time I see him for either Stoke or us, he has impressed.

That's why I find it baffling that he never got more of a chance here in the first place. Not first XI quality but a useful squad player? Most certainly.

Can't see him coming back next summer, though.

If he has a really good season at Stoke, he could earn his way back into our squad.

He is 25, so he could still be a valuable squad player for us.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: January 3, 2014, 01:39:51 am »
Does Brendan not have enough time to watch a recorded Stoke game every now and then? Maybe they haven't told him they sacked Pulis, and he can't bear the thought.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 3, 2014, 01:57:41 am »
About £7m I reckon. Stoke are a bit tighter with the money these days.

edit: Happy that Assaidi's getting a little bit of attention, and may even have found a club where he'll be appreciated for the odd goal and where he'll stand out as a remarkable football player amongst a hell of a lot of cloggers. But, if you really think he'd push Sterling or Coutinho (on current form) for a place in the team, or be an improvement on Moses, I've got to say I can't see it. Assaidi's party piece is cutting in on his right foot and twatting it very hard in the general direction of the goal. Wonderful when it pays off, utterly wasteful when it doesn't and he's not spotted the man free he should have passed to. He's also got this bewildering habit of beating a man, then stopping, then trying to beat him again. Makes him look like Stanley Matthews in comparison to Stoke's usual standard of winger, would be an absolute liability here. Don't think Moses is the answer to many questions I can think of, but that's at least several more than I can imagine Assaidi being the answer for. He's 25, not a kid. This is him, in prime form, in an absolute purple patch, still being pretty distinctly average in a pretty distinctly average mid-table Premier League team. Glad it's going well for him but those of you on here slagging Moses off whilst lauding Assaidi aren't half going to be in for a surprise if it's Assaidi being brought off the bench to replace Coutinho or Sterling next season.
Well Moses isn't showing much, Sterling still needs composure in front of goal and to develop and Coutinho is a bit off form not providing much end product this season. His cutting in and twatting with his right foot seems a lot more effective than what we've got at the moment - Coutinho (who is basically doing the same when he shoots) has one of the worst shot conversion rates in the league for 2013.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #216 on: January 3, 2014, 02:30:34 am »
Well Moses isn't showing much, Sterling still needs composure in front of goal and to develop and Coutinho is a bit off form not providing much end product this season. His cutting in and twatting with his right foot seems a lot more effective than what we've got at the moment - Coutinho (who is basically doing the same when he shoots) has one of the worst shot conversion rates in the league for 2013.

We should ask Rodgers to get Coutinho and Sterling to start lamping it at the goal from 20 yards out at every opportunity. Can't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket.  ;D

Damn Phil. Buy more tickets!
« Last Edit: January 3, 2014, 02:38:48 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 3, 2014, 04:12:31 am »
The point is (in this limited sample size) Assaidi is showing he can actually score from doing it and our current players aren't having much success yet still try...so why not give him a go?

Edit: He has 3 goals from 8 shots this season - hardly twatting it at every opportunity and a very good conversion rate thus far. Probably shows his finishing/shooting is better at the moment that is all.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2014, 04:36:14 am by penga »

Offline jackfrancis

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: January 3, 2014, 05:46:03 am »
There's no recall clause in the loan then? Seems like there never is...

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 3, 2014, 06:31:41 am »
The point is (in this limited sample size) Assaidi is showing he can actually score from doing it and our current players aren't having much success yet still try...so why not give him a go?

Edit: He has 3 goals from 8 shots this season - hardly twatting it at every opportunity and a very good conversion rate thus far. Probably shows his finishing/shooting is better at the moment that is all.

To be fair, the kind of goals he is scoring now are the same kind that he was scoring in Holland. If you let him cut in from wide and get a shot off, he has shown he has the power and accuracy to score.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 3, 2014, 08:25:56 am »
There's no recall clause in the loan then? Seems like there never is...

There never would be. If a club wants a player on loan for the season, why would they run to the risk that he could be taken away at any point during the season?

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #221 on: January 3, 2014, 09:42:51 am »
lol.  Rodgers texts a lot.

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 3, 2014, 09:56:09 am »
The only difference Assaidi has got from Stoke is he have been given a chance, which he never got at Liverpool, unless you consider the last 10mins sub appearance away to Spurs a chance.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 3, 2014, 11:56:24 am »
Not looking to ridicule Aspas but based on the chances he's had this season vs chances Assaidi had last season, I'd take Assaidi all day. Much more of a threat and has great movement.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 3, 2014, 12:06:57 pm »
Tricky little bugger isn't he. Thought he'd disappeared on the Skem triangle...popped up at Stoke.

Couple more goals and we might get at least our money back with a bit of interest.

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #225 on: January 3, 2014, 12:36:30 pm »
Was hyped to see Assaidi arrive at Lpool, and hyped seeing him playing well for stoke. Really wanna see him in a LFC shirt for a few years especially if we qualify for CL.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #226 on: January 3, 2014, 04:05:00 pm »
Assaidi vs Everton

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLOO_NMJ5Is" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sLOO_NMJ5Is</a>

Offline pelevin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: January 3, 2014, 05:42:15 pm »
Only has 2 names so can't be any good. All our good ones have at least 3...

It lends real gravitas when a thread here on a player titles him by not two but three names . . . Alternatively - I wish people wouldn't do it, looks pompous and anal.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 3, 2014, 06:15:07 pm »
If he hadn't of gone on loan to Stoke he wouldn't of had a future here - but he's bulked up, got used to the hard nature of the English game and is starting to really put in some consistent performances. He had the beating of Coleman (one of the best fullbacks in the league) for most of the game, no easy task.

Can see him being a useful player next season.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #229 on: January 4, 2014, 04:19:14 am »
Assaidi turned out to be a good option. Rodgers will assess him in preseason. If he's fit to play for us, he'd be a good squad player and we focus on fling other gaps in the team. If not, we'd cash on him and his fee would be decent. I'd rather have him as a squad player and we focus on a top player who'd be ahead of him. I think one of him and Borini will stay.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 4, 2014, 07:39:08 am »
Hope we keep hold of him.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #231 on: January 4, 2014, 08:06:51 am »
Boss him.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 4, 2014, 09:51:27 am »
No idea how Rodgers rates him, but lovely player to watch isn't he?

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #233 on: January 4, 2014, 09:54:57 am »
No idea how Rodgers rates him, but lovely player to watch isn't he?

Boss
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 4, 2014, 11:28:47 am »
Busy little bugger.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 4, 2014, 01:35:31 pm »
I do genuinely believe he's one of the most gifted footballers we have.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 4, 2014, 01:43:43 pm »
World class.

Offline georgiejones

• Kopite
« Reply #237 on: January 4, 2014, 02:25:04 pm »
Ironically I think he'd be great off the bench at the moment.pace to burn to get in behind and 3 goals from 8 shots.evactly what we could have done with recently,much in the same way rafa used to use el zhar

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #238 on: January 4, 2014, 02:29:18 pm »
the thing that also impressed me with his Everton goal was his instant first touch to control it and his work rate

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #239 on: January 4, 2014, 03:14:32 pm »

Depends who you want him to replace. Clearly he'd be a better option than Moses, possibly he'd do better than Aspas, but neither player is getting the minutes Assaidi is where he is right now. Sterling's scoring rate is decent in recent weeks, and of course he provides a lot more than just goals. Coutinho is a genius, he might never score again and he'd still be one of the first on the teamsheet.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA