Author Topic: Homeland - now finished in the States - here be spoilers  (Read 122119 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #200 on: November 7, 2012, 11:23:12 pm »
6 more episodes. 12 in total this series.
Ta mate, plenty to come then.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: November 7, 2012, 11:52:19 pm »
Of course there will be holes. There are holes in most shows you watch, even the best. But it's the very best shows that have characters acting and behaving rationally like real people in real situations. Homeland series 1 had those elements. Sure it had some fantastic ones too, but that's more to entice the viewer than anything. The point being, you could pass off the actions of characters in the first series as believable. Carry going mental and eventually not trusting her own thoughts and whatnot. Her arch was just like the actual plot for the viewer. You didn't know what to think. I'd compare Homeland's dip in quality to that of something like Twin Peaks. That show had complaints of it being too slow and ponderous and the studio forced it to move on with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer. It destroyed all the tension and mystery that had been built up in it's first season and became a bit wayward. Still enjoyable, but nowhere near the same show that it was.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2012, 09:57:20 pm »
ok what the hell just happened?

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2012, 10:00:47 pm »
ok what the hell just happened?

Spoiler
  i take it you mean the shooting ? they were nazirs body guards in iraq  looks like they managed to sneak into the usa am guessing the  fbi dude is playing possom and seen them take a casket full of tnt  seems to be warming up now
[close]

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2012, 07:17:06 am »
Bad plotting, subpolots and twist in the last episode. Thankfully Danes, Lewis and Patinkin still make this show brilliant. That talentless hack Hathaway even parodied Carrie Mathison on SNL, reducing a brilliant multi-layered performance to crying and shouting.  ::)  She winds me up something serious and almost ruined The Dark Knight Rises for me.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2012, 12:36:16 pm »
Still good but definitely lost the "Damn, I need to see the next episode" feeling as soon as the one I'm watching ends.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2012, 05:10:58 pm »
Started watching this two weeks ago and just finished the 7th episode of S02. Think it's a really great show, but so far I think the first season was better than this.

Carrie is gorgeous, by the way.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2012, 02:11:04 am »
that episode was superb, the best so far.

Spoiler
"heaven-may-care grooming"  :lmao

wasn't aileen supposed to be a muslim convert?  or have i remembered that wrong?  if so, what is it with homeland's obsession with alcohol-imbibing muslims?
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2012, 05:34:01 am »
Didn't think much of the latest episode to be honest, apart from the daughters storyline nothing really progressed. Last weeks was brilliant though.

When I was watching Season 1, and even after it had ended, I didn't think they'd ever really be able to match it, the show just felt like it would have worked better as a mini-series, but I think Season 2 has definitely been on par with it so far.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2012, 11:45:03 am »
I found the episode decent.
Spoiler
Liked the scene at the stable where Brody tells the guy who endorses him and Walden,that he is not the guy who all think he is.You can see that he tries to come clean in some way in the midst of this crazy situation he currently lives in but the way he is still perceived is as some sort of hero and he is just being modest.
[close]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/krBlghgRfCU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/krBlghgRfCU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gaFfzUUye5M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gaFfzUUye5M</a>
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2012, 09:43:59 am »
Didn't think much of the latest episode to be honest, apart from the daughters storyline nothing really progressed. Last weeks was brilliant though.

When I was watching Season 1, and even after it had ended, I didn't think they'd ever really be able to match it, the show just felt like it would have worked better as a mini-series, but I think Season 2 has definitely been on par with it so far.

I don't think season 2 has been quite as good. As someone said before, I've kind of lost the 'I need to see the next episode NOW' feeling.

Latest ep was decent though, loved Carrie getting the piss ripped out of her when the FBI fella took off his hospital robes.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2012, 10:04:56 am »
It could have been because I watched the Walking Dead before this but....

Spoiler
..did anyone else think Brody was going to eat Carrie's face?

[close]

Probably just me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:07:01 am by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2012, 05:43:41 pm »
It could have been because I watched the Walking Dead before this but....

Spoiler
..did anyone else think Brody was going to eat Carrie's face?

[close]

Probably just me.
I think Lewis was enjoying that a wee bit too much.

Spoiler
I'm finding the entire sub-plot of the hit and run ridiculous in this. Every time it gets brought up, I just want to skip the scene. The way the boy's parents just brushed it off in that episode was just stupid to watch. The way the kids brought it up was equally stupid, and the reaction of the two women was just "what? Why didn't you tell me this before? Come inside!" Yeah, right. Yes, it's a small thing, but it stands out. The writing has become a tad too predictable. I mean, once Saul handed that girl his glasses in the prison, I knew right away what that meant. He doesn't ask her how her eyesight is when reading and if she required certain glasses, he just goes "here you go" and hands her them and they magically work for her. I knew right there that she'd use them to do herself in. Also, the CIA fella up and running around a day or so after he's been shot in the stomach - which is one of the worst places to get shot I believe and survive - and had major surgery done to his insides, is suddenly honky dory and just indicates he's in a bit of mild discomfort now and again to show he's been shot. Yes, I realise I'm moaning about small details, and I know it's just a TV show, but this is a show about small details, isn't it? It's starting to turn into 24. Not good.
[close]

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2012, 06:07:52 pm »
Feels like they rushed things early on so they could get to this new CSI type setup, all feels a bit tacky now.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2012, 06:48:22 pm »
How many seasons are they signed on for? I think it's in real danger of being dragged out way too long. Would like a good well thought out finale.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:58:56 pm by Agger »
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »
How many seasons are they signed on for? I think it's in real danger of being dragged out way too long. Would like a good well thought out finale.

Probably several more than this, but it's slightly irrelevant. They could be signed for five seasons, but if the third season bombs then that'll be that. Or they'll just re-sign them to new contracts. Showtime have a history of dragging shows out longer than they should - Dexter, Weeds. Hopefully they leave the decision of when to stop in the hands of the creators. Look at something like Breaking Bad - decision was made by the creator when to end it so the story wasn't dragged out.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2012, 01:20:20 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231432/Homeland-star-Damian-Lewis-makes-bad-taste-Muslim-Obama-joke-British-chatshow.html

;D

now that is funny, although there are legions of people whose only purpose in life seems to be to take offence at things like that.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2012, 02:34:57 pm »
Showtime have a history of dragging shows out longer than they should - Dexter, Weeds.

You can add Californication to that list as well.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2012, 10:28:15 pm »
Really not enjoying this as much as the first season, finding myself just not caring about it as much.

Spoiler
like others have said, it's lost a lot of its spark and it's uniqueness and now it's like a standard spy/CIA storyline. It does feel like they rushed through some of it at the start of the season and now it's just gone a bit flat.
[close]
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2012, 03:27:13 am »
Finally can come in here now that I'm up to date. Good show, I think the second series is better. Although nowhere near breaking bad.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2012, 11:07:25 am »
now that is funny, although there are legions of people whose only purpose in life seems to be to take offence at things like that.

Agreed.It was sharp humour,almost Gervais-esque,with only difference the latter would have said that face to face to Obama.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 17, 2012, 01:04:58 pm »
thought this weeks ep was a bit meh

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2012, 08:53:40 am »
Spoiler
who was the guy at the end?
[close]

Offline NA_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2012, 12:26:54 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Exactly my question?

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2012, 03:42:07 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Thought it was just me who didn't watch it closely enough.

Again, nothing amazing, although actually laughed out loud when
Spoiler
Brody was banging Carries brains out and it cut to Sol and the team listening in. His face was brilliant.
[close]
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I thought it was Nassar, or however you spell his name.
[close]
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2012, 04:03:11 pm »
Spoiler
I thought it was Nassar, or however you spell his name.
[close]

Spoiler
Abu Nassier? The main terrorist guy? Didn't look like him though did it?
[close]

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2012, 09:28:29 pm »

Spoiler
I don't know.  I reconise the face though.
[close]
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »
Regarding the dude at the end:

Spoiler
This is going to sound stupid, but I think the main confirmation of the fact that it's Abou Nazir is that they showed a bit in the preview that showed his face.  That bit had nothing to do with the rest of the episode, and only served the purpose of reminding us of what his face looks like.

I'm pretty sure it's him and he'll have had surgery/make-up to change his appearance slightly.  Very disappointing second season so far.  I used to enjoy Claire Danes' performance as Carrie but she's been pulling that wide-eyed crazed look a few too many times for me and it's getting seriously old.
[close]
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »
Regarding the dude at the end:

Spoiler
This is going to sound stupid, but I think the main confirmation of the fact that it's Abou Nazir is that they showed a bit in the preview that showed his face.  That bit had nothing to do with the rest of the episode, and only served the purpose of reminding us of what his face looks like.

I'm pretty sure it's him and he'll have had surgery/make-up to change his appearance slightly.  Very disappointing second season so far.  I used to enjoy Claire Danes' performance as Carrie but she's been pulling that wide-eyed crazed look a few too many times for me and it's getting seriously old.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah to be honest I'm kinda getting bored of this show now ... Claire Danes has been brilliant but now it's just the same repetitive behaviour from her and it's definitely get old.

What I liked about her at first was her unpredictability ... but now its just way to predictable.

On numerous occassions in the recent episode you had someone from the CIA telling Carrie not to do something, and you know 110% that she was going to go against direct orders and do exactly what she wanted.
[close]

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2012, 11:36:46 pm »
Its a TV show.

Some people need to remember that

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2012, 11:55:29 pm »
Thought this weeks was an improvement. Felt like a return to the more cerebral drama of the first season, with Brody's emotional state being the main plot point again. And Dana's stuff didn't feel like a drag

Some amusingly awkward scenes as well :)
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2012, 12:33:04 am »
Spoiler
Yeah that was Nazir. The look on Brodys face all but confirmed it, as i'd guessed it would be him. Better episode this week, be interesting to see what happens. Maybe he becomes a triple agent? Also i remember from last weeks episode (the one just shown in the UK yesterday) that Roya said their contact in the CIA was down. Coincidence seeing as Galvez was critically ill in hospital? Between him and the dodgy quiet guy for me.
[close]

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2012, 01:27:14 am »
Its a TV show.

This is a discussion thread.

Thought this weeks was an improvement. Felt like a return to the more cerebral drama of the first season, with Brody's emotional state being the main plot point again. And Dana's stuff didn't feel like a drag

Some amusingly awkward scenes as well :)
I've never been convinced of the importance of Brody's emotional state.  I think the idea that a person would flip-flop between allegiances based on emotion is unrealistic, and they've milked that fallacy a few too many times now.  So far, Brody has been persuaded to flip by whoever was nicest to him, whoever put their arm around his shoulder 'Arry-style and whoever asked him to do the least.  The second he's asked to do something, he appears to be on the verge of flipping. "I'm so afraid, I'm going to become a CIA double agent. I'm so tired, I'm going to flip back to being a terrorist. I love my family, CIA, this whole raising a family lark is getting to me, terrorist"

The Dana stuff has no right to be half as good as it is, and I think it's down to the quality of the actress playing Dana.  She's been the best thing about the show all season IMO.

And yes, that scene was surprisingly awkward :)
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 20, 2012, 01:35:43 am »
Spoiler
Yeah that was Nazir. The look on Brodys face all but confirmed it, as i'd guessed it would be him. Better episode this week, be interesting to see what happens. Maybe he becomes a triple agent? Also i remember from last weeks episode (the one just shown in the UK yesterday) that Roya said their contact in the CIA was down. Coincidence seeing as Galvez was critically ill in hospital? Between him and the dodgy quiet guy for me.
[close]

Spoiler
Definitely the latter in my opinion. He took the photos in the back of the van which may seemingly ease the suspicion, but if he knew the plan, he'd have known identifying the man that killed the CIA members was irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Didn't he tell them to stop the van before they know back at the Mission Control room as well?
[close]

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 20, 2012, 03:24:33 am »
I've never been convinced of the importance of Brody's emotional state.  I think the idea that a person would flip-flop between allegiances based on emotion is unrealistic, and they've milked that fallacy a few too many times now.  So far, Brody has been persuaded to flip by whoever was nicest to him, whoever put their arm around his shoulder 'Arry-style and whoever asked him to do the least.  The second he's asked to do something, he appears to be on the verge of flipping. "I'm so afraid, I'm going to become a CIA double agent. I'm so tired, I'm going to flip back to being a terrorist. I love my family, CIA, this whole raising a family lark is getting to me, terrorist"

The Dana stuff has no right to be half as good as it is, and I think it's down to the quality of the actress playing Dana.  She's been the best thing about the show all season IMO.

And yes, that scene was surprisingly awkward :)

Spoiler
it was a good episode, and while i agree with you that the scene a few weeks back where brody flipped to the CIA's side was daft to the point of being comical, his emotional state in the latest episode had nothing to do with allegiances.  it was just sheer mental exhaustion that led to him going against his best interests to shut the whole load of them up.  it was silly again that boning carrie was enough to resolve this mental exhaustion, but the state itself was terrifyingly believable, and very nicely acted.

and yes, the actress playing dana is superb.

abu nazir showing up at the end was utterly predictable, although i did think he'd be the guy emerging out of the shadows in the first place.
[close]

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #237 on: November 20, 2012, 05:43:22 pm »
Morgan Saylor is really great. Almost as good as Keirnan Shipka.

Thought the latest episode was brilliant.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2012, 06:58:42 pm »
Came to ask the exact same

Spoiler
[close]

lol
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Jebediah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2012, 07:13:21 pm »

Spoiler
You could tell it was Abu Nazzir by the way he said 'hello Nicholas'. Fucking stupid if you ask me - it's like Bin Laden turning up in America having shaved off his beard. The storyline is going downhill, fast.
[close]
An elevator can only go up and down, but a Wonkavator goes sideways and slantways and longways and backways and frontways and squareways and any other ways that you can think of...
Proud to be part of the LFC family