Author Topic: Tom Ince  (Read 30988 times)

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tom Ince
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2012, 06:56:04 pm »
I can't say I was to fussed when we let him go. He's had a few decent games for Blackpool,  and I hope he does well. Would like to see Blackpool promoted , and if he is still playing for them, then is the time to judge him, in the premiership. 

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 08:52:06 pm »
Played 9 games 7 goals and just got another assist tonight.

Did we let a gem go?

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 08:55:19 pm »

Did we let a gem go?

We've got plenty of other gems here, so I'm not too arsed really.

We'll see how he does when he gets a transfer to Wigan, Aston Villa or something.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 08:58:56 pm »

Did we let a gem go?

He wanted to leave as he felt he wasn't getting a chance at Liverpool.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 08:59:11 pm »

We've got plenty of other gems here, so I'm not too arsed really.

We'll see how he does when he gets a transfer to Wigan, Aston Villa or something.

I know we have but Swansea were interested in the player in the Summer but after a quick google it just shows interest no bid. Did we put a sell on fee on Ince?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 09:14:26 pm »
I know we have but Swansea were interested in the player in the Summer but after a quick google it just shows interest no bid. Did we put a sell on fee on Ince?

I'd wager a large wager the answer is a big fat NO

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »
I'd wager a large wager the answer is a big fat NO

Not sure that's much of a wager. Didn't he leave after his contract expired?

Did we let a gem go?

At the end of the day, we offered him a new contract, he didn't want to sign.

He was a 19 year old whose first team experience consisted of a cameo in the infamous Northampton game, and a decent but brief spell at a League 1 side. And he'd have been competing for place with Sterling.
The club giving in to his demands would have been both risky, and also set a precedent in terms of the contract demands of youth players.

Also, there's a lot of guesswork and hindsight involved in this sort of thing.
I'm not sure that if he'd stayed, he would have progressed as he has at Blackpool.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 04:23:02 pm »
Hope we attatched some sort of clause to his transfer to Blackpool for the future.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 07:14:12 pm »

Did we let a gem go?

possibly... players are going to slip through.doesn't matter though.we're in good hands
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 07:34:47 pm »

Not too sure, a lot of the guys here say that he left when his contracted expired? I'm glad he's doing well , though.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »
I remember all the same stuff being said about Nemeth & Hammill. I like Andy am under the impression he had a horrible attitude, remember a couple stories coming out of the reserves that he often walked around like his shit didn't stink & things like that. Wanted to be included in the first team squad when he wasn't close to being good enough. I can't say I've lost any sleep about losing him nor will I. Much more concerned about Kacaniklic. Getting shot of him was a crime.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2012, 01:10:50 pm »
A couple of papers saying that United are preparing a January bid.

Probably bullshit, bit it would really piss me off if it happened.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Tom Ince
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2012, 01:21:06 pm »

pissed me off when I seen it in the paper this morning aswell, we train him up and the mancs might get the benefit, just wrong

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 01:41:13 pm »
won't piss me off at all, he's not as good as Sterling nor Suso. HE rejected our contract offer. Do one son
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Tom Ince
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 01:56:16 pm »
pissed me off when I seen it in the paper this morning aswell, we train him up and the mancs might get the benefit, just wrong
:lmao
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 02:12:43 pm »

There are better things to get worked up than this lad

We have better, far, far better
A win for the Liverpool country

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 02:15:50 pm »
won't piss me off at all, he's not as good as Sterling nor Suso. HE rejected our contract offer. Do one son
Didnt relies he turned down a new contract , thought we let him go to get off the books

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 04:32:18 pm »
Absolute non-story imo, also after the way he's developed since dropping down to join Blackpool, I don't think he'd fancy signing for the Mancs. I'm sure both he and his arl fella will know that he's better off finding another stepping-stone somewhere like Swansea or Newcastle. It wouldn't surprise me if Moyes is having a look at him, we know he's got a good record of taking young players from The Championship. That's if he's got any money.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 04:59:33 pm »
Doesn't worry me in the slightest. Sterling is much better
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2012, 05:25:51 pm »
Not bothered and besides how many wingers do they want?

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2012, 07:13:29 pm »
who gives a shit?

we got enough coming through
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »
Really annoying this.

Offline GAZINK

• Main Stander
  • Hail Hail the Celts are Here
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 07:49:38 pm »
If he was "that" good Liverpool would have kept him!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:44 pm »
If he was "that" good Liverpool would have kept him!

Like San Jose?

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2012, 07:52:45 pm »
Like San Jose?

Ah yeah fuck we really need San Jose now

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2012, 07:54:30 pm »
Ah yeah fuck we really need San Jose now

That's not the point though

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2012, 08:06:22 pm »

The point is that he was low down the pecking order, was unhappy with the contract he was offered & was demanding a place in the 1st team (plus he has the obvious handicap of his father), it's fairly obvious why he left.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 08:14:15 pm »

It's exactly the point. The nature of the beast is that if we have a good academy and are bringing in and developing decent young players, we'll be letting some of them go even though they are more than decent.  The trick is not to try and hold on to every player but keep the best and let the rest go.

If we have to keep every young player then we aren't recruiting or training properly.

So, is Ince better than Sterling? Would you rather have Ince and let Sterling go to Blackpool?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2012, 08:16:03 pm »
It's exactly the point. The nature of the beast is that if we have a good academy and are bringing in and developing decent young players, we'll be letting some of them go even though they are more than decent.  The trick is not to try and hold on to every player but keep the best and let the rest go.

If we have to keep every young player then we aren't recruiting or training properly.

So, is Ince better than Sterling? Would you rather have Ince and let Sterling go to Blackpool?

Why does it have ti be have Ince and let Sterling go? I'd of liked Sterling and Ince still with us because he's good, we let him go for nothing!

My point regarding San Jose was the fact the poster said if he was good enough he'd of been kept on, I brought up San Jose to show mistakes have been, and will be made.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »
Why does it have ti be have Ince and let Sterling go? I'd of liked Sterling and Ince still with us because he's good, we let him go for nothing!

We offered him a contract, he refused it.

If the club had upped the offer, then not only would they have that added cost, but the added cost of all the other youth players who are given a green light to bully the club in contract negotiations. And the club don't have an infinite budget for wages.
Would you be happy if keeping Ince meant we didn't have the money to sign Suso to a new contract?

Anyway, since Ince has played almost 50 games for Blackpool. Would he have anything like that first team experience if he'd stayed here?
Would he have developed in the same way?
For all we know, if he'd stayed his development could have stalled, and we'd now have people bemoaning giving a player with approx. 10 minutes of game time for us such a generous contract and being unable to unload him.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2012, 09:37:08 pm »
Shoot me down if you want (Mods) but met Tom in March / April 2010  the day after  we beat Benfica in teh Europa League. I wont say where i met him as it isnt fair on Tom but had the pleasure of spending 4 hours with him albeit in a classrom environment,   Didnt like what i was hearing from his lips, very very critical of Benitez and quoted some utter tripe.  Felt like telling him that he was a just a kid that played for our club didnt mean he was an expert on LFC.   Felt a litle dissapointed that he was so openly critical even things he was wrong on.   Anyway i lost all respect for him when he told me he was a  "man U fan just like his dad was". Seemed a bit arrogant (just my opinion). He even added wieight to the argument that Carra and Gerrard were aginst Rafa unnecessary and disrespectful to the club who was paying his wages
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:39:40 pm by PAULG »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »
Not arsed by him, looked average alongside Suso and Sterling. By all accounts (from people I know who've met him and the auld fella) he's a bit of a tit and let's Daddy run his career.

He'd fit right in at the mancs though.

Also worth pointing out Hammill was brilliant only 18month back for Barnsley,didn't make the step up.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2012, 09:55:49 pm »
something else i forgot to mention,  at the time Frank Arnesen was watching him re a move to Chelsea apparenly,  i asked him about this and he acknowledged it but didnt seem to onow too much however he seemes delighted they were looking at him, he reeked of a big time charlie with a chip on his shoulder. Very dissapointed as he had no passion for LFC at all only negative vibes,
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2012, 11:40:05 pm »
If he hadn't let Tom Ince go, he wouldn't have become good enough to be attracting United's attention. I'm not worried.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2012, 11:45:30 pm »
Rumour has it the staff here rated him really highly, and when it came to negotiate they were astounded by his reps asking for 50 grand a week. Naturally we arent going to offer him anything like that money at his age so the club showed him the door. Reguardless of how good he turns out, the club did the right thing, should never be held to ransom.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #75 on: October 1, 2012, 02:09:08 am »
Shoot me down if you want (Mods) but met Tom in March / April 2010  the day after  we beat Benfica in teh Europa League. I wont say where i met him as it isnt fair on Tom but had the pleasure of spending 4 hours with him albeit in a classrom environment

So you met him in a Classroom? That was fair enough.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 1, 2012, 02:23:42 am »
Not arsed by him, looked average alongside Suso and Sterling. By all accounts (from people I know who've met him and the auld fella) he's a bit of a tit and let's Daddy run his career.

He'd fit right in at the mancs though.

Also worth pointing out Hammill was brilliant only 18month back for Barnsley,didn't make the step up.

He was never average just greedy and a bad finisher, saying that the only reason he got so many chances is because he undoubtedly made the best runs in our side, and its now the same reason why he is getting so much goals at Blackpool. Anyone with two eyes could see he was one of the more talented kids in the reserve team, and the way he's progressing he could be a top player.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 1, 2012, 02:29:02 am »
Rumour has it the staff here rated him really highly, and when it came to negotiate they were astounded by his reps asking for 50 grand a week. Naturally we arent going to offer him anything like that money at his age so the club showed him the door. Reguardless of how good he turns out, the club did the right thing, should never be held to ransom.
50 grand a week? That's mental, if true then I'm not sure how he thought he could reasonably ask for that much at that stage in his career.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #78 on: October 1, 2012, 08:51:31 am »
He was never average just greedy and a bad finisher, saying that the only reason he got so many chances is because he undoubtedly made the best runs in our side, and its now the same reason why he is getting so much goals at Blackpool. Anyone with two eyes could see he was one of the more talented kids in the reserve team, and the way he's progressing he could be a top player.

Nah not having that. Lad walked around like he was gods gift to football but couldn't back it up, I've seen a few of his type in the academy in the past Hammill being one of them and he's never done much apart from having a similar season to Ince.

Considering who we've got coming through the Manc's can have him for all I care.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 1, 2012, 09:04:02 am »
He asked for a contract that an important first teamer would want, apparently it was on the advice of his father.  He's a decent player, not as good as some of the kids we got here now.  If he was demanding that sort of contract as a kid, what would he be asking for IF he got to the first team ?

That lot are welcome to him, sounds like a match made in hell.