Author Topic: Stoke City This Season  (Read 20190 times)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Re: Stoke City This Season
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2011, 09:34:38 am »
they are impressive this year with all their new players and their league/europe performance.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2011, 01:27:19 am »
Change the width and length of the pitch for every game!
That made me laugh, its true though.

Pulis has done a great job with them though
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2011, 10:20:21 pm »
Can't imagine any genuine football fan taking pleasure in watching their brand of football on a regular basis. Making the pitch smaller, using towels to dry the ball pre throw in etc. I give all the credit in the world to Tony Pulis for the job he's done their but it's a horrible style of football.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2011, 10:24:10 pm »
The Toon are going to fuck them up on Monday night     :P

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »
The Toon are going to fuck them up on Monday night     :P

Hope so, want you lot to finish in Europe this season, you lot deserve it, plus Stoke are absolute twats, their fans and their team as a whole!

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2011, 10:28:13 pm »
I am not daft enough to forcaste Newcastle will be playing in Europe next season.  It would be really great if we are but I'm not banking on it.  Mid table finish would do for me to be honest     :wave

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2011, 10:30:44 pm »
I am not daft enough to forcaste Newcastle will be playing in Europe next season.  It would be really great if we are but I'm not banking on it.  Mid table finish would do for me to be honest     :wave

You are capable of it, I've said it so many times on this forum but your midfield is one of the best in the league, your attack is great now with Ba and whilst Best is in the form of his life anythings possible, your defence is decent, Collocini benefited so much from the spell in the Championship and that's showing a lot, you have players yet to embed into the team too such as Santone and Ben Arfa and, well, you definitely have a chance for sure when you put things into perspective.

Whilst I'm here too how do you rate Krul, from the little I've seen he's been great since he took Harper's place!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 4, 2018, 12:05:41 am »
Paul Lambert reckons keeping Stoke in the Premier League would up there with winning the Champions League.

I initially laughed and thought, how the fuck would he know, before realising he played for Dortmund when they won it in 1997 and played the full 90 in the final.  Hell fair fucks to him I didn't know that.  He has a more valid CL medal than John Terry!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43994546

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #88 on: May 5, 2018, 03:47:53 pm »
It's mad to think that this team sold or loaned out Bojan, Arnautovic, Walters and Joselu last summer and figured bringing in two wide players in Jese and Choupo-Moting was sufficient enough. As a result, they've relied heavily on 37 year old Peter Crouch.  They've signed five defenders this year, three of them CBs: Zouma (loan), Wimmer, Bauer, Stafylidis and Martins Indi. You look at some of their big money signings over the past few seasons and the waste is incredible: Imbula (£18.3m) now on loan at Toulouse; Berahino (£15m) who hasn't scored a goal for them in twenty-eight appearances; Wimmer (£18m) who like Berahino had to be put on a special fitness program. The clearout won't be that extensive: Butland, Shaqiri and Allen will have all have takers; Wimmer and Ndiaye have already said they want out. There will be very few takers for the aging group of Adam, Ireland, Fletcher, Shawcross and Johnson

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #89 on: May 5, 2018, 03:58:25 pm »
Mark Hughes should have been sacked much earlier, it's as simple as that.

They have a good squad there, maybe only lacking a goalscorer. They'll be ok to bounce right back though. A few of the bigger names will go, but they have a decent board and will sign the right players. I expect Lambert to stay.

Shaqiri anyone? Who else in their squad will be in demand? Butland? Joe Allen would be a good signing for anyone outside the top 6.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #90 on: May 5, 2018, 04:02:25 pm »
Mark Hughes should have been sacked much earlier, it's as simple as that.

Yeah, he should have been sacked in the summer. An appalling summer window with a lack of attacking reinforcements pretty much sealed their fate

Shaqiri anyone? Who else in their squad will be in demand? Butland? Joe Allen would be a good signing for anyone outside the top 6.

Someone will buy him.. I reckon Allen and Butland will have takers. Plenty of teams outside the top 6 were looking for keepers around Christmas time. I know there have been a lot of links between Butland and Liverpool, but he wouldn't be short of teams interested in him in the lower half i.e. Palace, Southampton (if they stay up)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:47:14 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #91 on: May 5, 2018, 04:12:27 pm »
cya Stoke wouldn't wanna be ya :wave

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #92 on: May 5, 2018, 04:14:57 pm »
Hahahaha

And none of their players are good enough for us.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #93 on: May 5, 2018, 04:16:26 pm »
Stoke West brom and Sunderland, good riddance to shit on a stick football year after year.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 5, 2018, 04:30:11 pm »
Can't say I'm too sad to see the back of Lambert. Always comes across as an arrogant twat, made worse by his decent record at Anfield!

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 5, 2018, 04:55:54 pm »
The unflushable turd finally forced down the u-bend. Good riddance.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 5, 2018, 05:01:11 pm »
Hopefully that means Lambert won't get work anywhere near the PL anytime soon. Awful, shit on a stick football manager.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 5, 2018, 05:21:19 pm »
The clearout won't be that extensive: Butland, Shaqiri and Allen will have all have takers; Wimmer and Ndiaye have already said they want out. There will be very few takers for the aging group of Adam, Ireland, Fletcher, Shawcross and Johnson

Just as long as we don't take Butland.  You can guarantee we'll be linked with him all fucking summer though, thanks to the usual punditry.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #98 on: May 5, 2018, 05:35:06 pm »
finally, good riddance

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 5, 2018, 05:40:45 pm »
Never forget Paul Lambert (an absolute failure at football management) never lost to Liverpool as player and manager. I hope Stoke fans can take some solace in that, as clearly that's how he'd like them to be remembered coming to play for a nil-nil a week back.

Unfortunately for Stoke they never produced anything to be remembered for in the premier league, bar long throws under Pulis. Crouch scored an absolute belter, but that was Peter Crouch, he just happened to be playing for Stoke.

Just want to mention again the absolute size of the mammoth c*nt which is Paul Lambert.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 5, 2018, 05:42:17 pm »
Safe journey Stoke.
Stay warm, don't forget to write and keep that chin up.
Ta ra.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #101 on: May 5, 2018, 05:47:30 pm »
One turd flushed, two to go

Their last happy memory of PL football will be scraping a draw at Anfield when they realistically needed to win to have a chance of staying up. Well in lads.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 5, 2018, 06:39:02 pm »
Good riddance. Waste of space.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #103 on: May 5, 2018, 06:41:24 pm »

The only decent thing to involve Stoke.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 5, 2018, 06:52:32 pm »
Another team that play limited football flushed out the top flight.
Justice for the 96!

Offline rappcats

• Kopite
  • *random formation graph*
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #105 on: May 5, 2018, 06:57:10 pm »

The only decent thing to involve Stoke.

You forgot the suarez goal from the near post  8)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #106 on: May 5, 2018, 07:50:38 pm »

And Coutinho on the opening day of 15/16 :P
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 5, 2018, 08:12:15 pm »
Good riddance. Maybe a spell in the championship can give them a chance to rebuild and get away from shithousery.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #108 on: May 5, 2018, 08:44:21 pm »
Good riddance, hated them, hated the ground, the fans, rory delap's long throw, pulis, the only ecent thing they had going for them was they werent too far for an away day. This is a club, fanbase, the lot, that belongs in the championship.

Bye Bye
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #109 on: May 5, 2018, 09:04:16 pm »

That was Sunderland.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #110 on: May 5, 2018, 09:09:37 pm »
Don't hurry back  :wave

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 5, 2018, 09:10:30 pm »
Good riddance, shite football club.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #112 on: May 6, 2018, 12:40:39 am »
And so, farewell Stoke, you came, you stifled and cheated, you stayed beyond your welcome and ultimately contributed little over ten years. Back to where your football deserves. Thank you Mark Hughes, the man who gets jobs for no apparent reason.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 6, 2018, 05:12:14 am »
Call me soft, but I feel for Stoke supporters. Can you imagine? You suffer through a decade of shit negative football knowing that it's all worth it to solidify your place in the PL and keep pulling in that TV money, and that you'll eventually have a base to build something real. And in the end, it was all for nothing.

No sympathy for the club itself, though. Good frigging riddance. Hopefully the "can he do it on a cold night in Stoke?" question can be retired now.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 6, 2018, 08:19:36 am »
Call me soft, but I feel for Stoke supporters. Can you imagine? You suffer through a decade of shit negative football knowing that it's all worth it to solidify your place in the PL and keep pulling in that TV money, and that you'll eventually have a base to build something real. And in the end, it was all for nothing.

No sympathy for the club itself, though. Good frigging riddance. Hopefully the "can he do it on a cold night in Stoke?" question can be retired now.

I dont , they used to sing the england rugby song, they enjoyed being shit and negative, wore it like a badge of honour, sick chants, racist fan base, they got what they deserved, hope they go through the divisions like Sunderland.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 6, 2018, 08:24:10 am »
I dont , they used to sing the england rugby song, they enjoyed being shit and negative, wore it like a badge of honour, sick chants, racist fan base, they got what they deserved, hope they go through the divisions like Sunderland.

Would be nice if Port Vale could get their act together and pass them going the other way one day.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 6, 2018, 08:27:21 am »
Paul Lambert has to one of the worst coaches in Premier League. Plays dire football and lead to many teams getting relegated yet keeps getting a job. Although this one wasn't all his fault but he has hardly improved them, probably made them worse.

Remember the time when he was linked to Liverpool job alongside Rodgers. I remember many supporters and pundits saying he was the better choice well into Rodgers's first season.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 6, 2018, 08:30:20 am »
Paul Lambert has to one of the worst coaches in Premier League. Plays dire football and lead to many teams getting relegated yet keeps getting a job. Although this one wasn't all his fault but he has hardly improved them, probably made them worse.

It's strange the way he has his teams playing football, because as a player he was quite a classy midfielder. You'd have thought he'd want his teams to play with a bit of style and flair, but nooooooo...
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 6, 2018, 08:32:23 am »
FLUSH!! Ah-ah!

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 6, 2018, 08:32:39 am »
It's strange the way he has his teams playing football, because as a player he was quite a classy midfielder. You'd have thought he'd want his teams to play with a bit of style and flair, but nooooooo...

To be honest, I remember him at Dortmund when they won the champions league, he wasnt all that. Decent player that can pass the ball, an owen hargreaves type. Nothing special, just was loved because he was a brit playing abroad and won CL.

Awful manager though, another one who seems to keep failing and getting more chances.