Author Topic: Stoke City This Season  (Read 20193 times)

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Stoke City This Season
« Reply #120 on: May 6, 2018, 08:35:19 am »
Goodbye me ducks.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #121 on: May 6, 2018, 08:35:22 am »
The best thing they brought us was the dildo on transfer deadline day

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 6, 2018, 08:38:55 am »
I am not daft enough to forcaste Newcastle will be playing in Europe next season.  It would be really great if we are but I'm not banking on it.  Mid table finish would do for me to be honest     :wave
Six and a half years later I notice I spell forcast wrong.     :(

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #123 on: May 6, 2018, 08:42:55 am »

You having another crack at it in 2024 then?  ;D

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #124 on: May 6, 2018, 08:43:32 am »
You still got it wrong pal; it is forecast......

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 6, 2018, 08:58:55 am »
- Lost their identity (Teams no longer feared going to their ground for a kicking and a strenuous 1-1 draw)
- Held onto players for too long (Crouch????)
- Players they did bring in aren't good enough.

They did everything wrong.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: May 6, 2018, 09:11:19 am »
The best thing they brought us was the dildo on transfer deadline day

That was at Everton wasn't it....Stoke was famous for 6 fingered inbreds on deadline day.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 6, 2018, 09:22:32 am »
That was at Everton wasn't it....Stoke was famous for 6 fingered inbreds on deadline day.

You're correct.

I'll never forget that inbred rolling a ciggie in front of the camera, live on sky sports news.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 6, 2018, 09:41:10 am »
Dunno who I'd want out of their squad, maybe Martins Indi if Klavan were to go but even then it wouldn't arse me.  There's a good spine there, could easily see Joe Allen go to a Burnley or a West Ham.  Is Bojan still there?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 6, 2018, 09:45:03 am »
I don't know who's idea it was to go into a season with an almost 40 year old Crouch being their goalscorer. Should have sacked Hughes ages ago.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 6, 2018, 02:25:38 pm »
I dont , they used to sing the england rugby song, they enjoyed being shit and negative, wore it like a badge of honour, sick chants, racist fan base, they got what they deserved, hope they go through the divisions like Sunderland.

Ah well, being from the States I never know much about most clubs' supporters. So fuck 'em then. Their relegation now brings me unalloyed happiness.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 6, 2018, 09:02:28 pm »
We lose stoke and a day later gain Cardiff. Like swapping a dollar for four quarters.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 6, 2018, 10:59:41 pm »
wonder where Shaqiri will go next. My money is on West Ham,

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 6, 2018, 11:22:46 pm »
You having another crack at it in 2024 then?  ;D

You still got it wrong pal; it is forecast......

:boxhead

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: May 7, 2018, 01:21:18 am »
Never properly replaced Nzonzi. Been shite a good 2 1/2 years with Shaqiri bailing them out occasionally, this was an inevitability. Won't miss them.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #135 on: May 7, 2018, 07:50:04 am »
Fancy that, you hire Paul Lambert and things get even worse resulting in being the first team relegated.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 7, 2018, 08:18:39 am »
Aside from Shaqiri, do they have any other talent PL teams can go after? Maybe their keeper?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 7, 2018, 08:20:36 am »
Aside from Shaqiri, do they have any other talent PL teams can go after? Maybe their keeper?

Shawcross, Martins Indi, Allen will definitely find new clubs.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 7, 2018, 08:22:59 am »
Shawcross, Martins Indi, Allen will definitely find new clubs.
Totally forgot Allen and Indi. Come to think of it, Newcastle didn’t have much better squad than theirs. Huddersfield, Brighton didn’t either.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 7, 2018, 08:26:39 am »
Totally forgot Allen and Indi. Come to think of it, Newcastle didn’t have much better squad than theirs. Huddersfield, Brighton didn’t either.

Brighton have a better squad. If they can get another striker and maybe pick up someone like Allen then they can push for a top 10 fonish next season.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 7, 2018, 08:50:03 am »
Hopefully if we win the European cup we can recruit a load of there fans for next season so when we play united they can give it all the one handed six finger salute .

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 7, 2018, 09:59:36 am »
Butland is sounding off about some of the signings they've made. I actually agree with him, but why no mention of your shit goalkeeping, Jack?
« Last Edit: May 7, 2018, 10:06:23 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #142 on: May 7, 2018, 10:15:51 am »
Butland is sounding off about some of the signings they've made. I actually agree with him, but why no mention of your shit goalkeeping, Jack?

Aye. You start with the self critique and then expand with the rest of your teammates. Boy, was he shit!
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #143 on: May 7, 2018, 11:28:13 am »
Stoke's transfer policy has been a masterclass in not what to do if you are a midtable club. Like West Brom, they had their big loan signing from PSG that they had no clue to integrate into the first-team set-up. Like Swansea, they let their best attacking options leave without much thought of how to replace them.

They seem to have a lot of turnover with players being signed from abroad, who end up on loan after a season or two (i.e. Bojan, Wollscheid, Imbula) only to be sold at a loss. The warning signs were there last year when they were still relying on the likes of Glenn Whelan. They've brought in plenty of players from bigger European clubs, who have either lacked the discipline, professionalism or fitness levels to remain at those clubs.

I think one thing that this season has shown is the dearth of attacking talent in the bottom half. It used to be that a few of these sides would have maybe one first-choice forward capable of scoring 10+ a season. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Given that Stoke signed nearly half a dozen defenders this season, their defensive record looks even worse. I'd love to know why £18m for Wimmer, who couldn't get a game at Spurs was seen as being good value.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 7, 2018, 12:06:19 pm »
Aye. You start with the self critique and then expand with the rest of your teammates. Boy, was he shit!

As shit as he was, the others were even too shit for Stoke, should be fun trying to reintegrate the ones that are only out on loan though when they have to limit their spending following this relegation.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #145 on: May 7, 2018, 12:22:23 pm »
Never been that bothered who goes down. But seeing it happen to this lot does make me smile a tad :)
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 7, 2018, 12:38:55 pm »

that Egyptian guy will deffo leave as well...

wouldn´t mind Allen back tbf... i was not happy to see him leave in first place.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #147 on: May 7, 2018, 12:47:17 pm »
Allen could definitely do with a move to somewhere like Watford/Newcastle, but as said earlier will probably end up somewhere like West Ham.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 7, 2018, 12:54:26 pm »
I think Allen may well end up at Bournemouth, who could do with a controller in the middle. As for Stoke, they'd been lacking some real firepower up front for years. Once Arnautovic went and Hughes stopped bothering to drill the defence, it was only a matter of time. That's the thing you can point to with the promoted sides these days: they all know how to defend as a unit. It's no surprise Newcastle and Brighton have conceded the least outside the top seven.

Interestingly enough, West Ham have many of the same problems as Stoke. A rapidly aging team, a lengthy recent history of bad transfers and a terrible defence shored up by three or four star players. They'll be in real trouble if they lose Lanzini, or if they don't start buying well.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #149 on: May 7, 2018, 02:12:20 pm »
Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #150 on: May 7, 2018, 02:22:10 pm »

I stand corrected.

Fuck them, then. They have offered us nothing!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #151 on: May 7, 2018, 02:48:17 pm »
interestingly enough, West Ham have many of the same problems as Stoke. A rapidly aging team, a lengthy recent history of bad transfers and a terrible defence shored up by three or four star players. They'll be in real trouble if they lose Lanzini Arnautovic, or if they don't start buying well.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 7, 2018, 03:40:58 pm »
Stoke's transfer policy has been a masterclass in not what to do if you are a midtable club. Like West Brom, they had their big loan signing from PSG that they had no clue to integrate into the first-team set-up. Like Swansea, they let their best attacking options leave without much thought of how to replace them.

They seem to have a lot of turnover with players being signed from abroad, who end up on loan after a season or two (i.e. Bojan, Wollscheid, Imbula) only to be sold at a loss. The warning signs were there last year when they were still relying on the likes of Glenn Whelan. They've brought in plenty of players from bigger European clubs, who have either lacked the discipline, professionalism or fitness levels to remain at those clubs.

I think one thing that this season has shown is the dearth of attacking talent in the bottom half. It used to be that a few of these sides would have maybe one first-choice forward capable of scoring 10+ a season. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Given that Stoke signed nearly half a dozen defenders this season, their defensive record looks even worse. I'd love to know why £18m for Wimmer, who couldn't get a game at Spurs was seen as being good value.

Be interested to know how forward-thinking they've been in putting relegation-related clauses in player's contracts.
If their contract negotiations have been as terrible as their transfer dealings, they could well be saddled with a load of players on big wages who no one else wants.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #153 on: May 7, 2018, 03:51:44 pm »
Be interested to know how forward-thinking they've been in putting relegation-related clauses in player's contracts.
If their contract negotiations have been as terrible as their transfer dealings, they could well be saddled with a load of players on big wages who no one else wants.

Yeah, I've wondered that myself, particularly when you look at clubs like Sunderland and Newcastle who haven't. Stoke also have a large number of older players, who would struggle to get what Stoke are paying them elsewhere: i.e. Ireland, Johnson, Adam

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 7, 2018, 03:57:00 pm »
luckily for them their owners are minted so they’ll probably be fine next season, would expect them to be around the playoffs at least, can’t see them dropping off like Bolton did when they went down

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 7, 2018, 05:43:22 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 7, 2018, 06:31:06 pm »
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/993513458531520514

This is hilarious.

Nah pretty classless from a supposed adult. He really doesn't across well from it at all maybe he's more like the Stoke fans who abused Ramsey than he thinks.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 7, 2018, 06:42:52 pm »

Everton should take note of this.  They're making a lot of the same mistakes.

As for that Henry fella, well it was mildly amusing but what's with the hate?  Stoke are a pain in the arse to be sure, but they're hardly like Aston Villa.  Seems a pretty pathetic thing for somebody to do.

How many here would want a ticket to Goodison in the hopes of seeing Everton go down?  I'd avoid it myself - I'd likely choke to death on the fewms!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 7, 2018, 06:50:04 pm »
Nah pretty classless from a supposed adult. He really doesn't across well from it at all maybe he's more like the Stoke fans who abused Ramsey than he thinks.

yes because in twitter world everything is real and nothing is made up :)

Hilarious all the same.