Author Topic: Archer  (Read 25954 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Re: Archer
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2013, 11:44:38 am »
I'm on season 2, 10th episode I think. Almost literally every other line is a joke, a pun, a dirty insinuation or something. Love it.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #161 on: March 8, 2013, 08:37:33 am »
Last week's was excellent, I loved all the pseudonyms - Randy Randerson, Chet Manly, Mitzi and Gilles de Rais, Child-Murderer (that makes it look like he's a child who is also a murderer).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 8, 2013, 03:21:32 pm »
Last week's was excellent, I loved all the pseudonyms - Randy Randerson, Chet Manly, Mitzi and Gilles de Rais, Child-Murderer (that makes it look like he's a child who is also a murderer).

Anal-Rapist?

Offline cim-pim-param

• cim-pim-param, chim-chim-chiroo
  • Legacy Fan
  • woOt
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2013, 01:33:15 am »
Didn't expect that,
Spoiler
so who's the father? :D has to be Sterling surely?
[close]
To Be Or NoT To Be?! ravelizard
 http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2013, 02:11:44 pm »
Didn't expect that,
Spoiler
so who's the father? :D has to be Sterling surely?
[close]

Spoiler
Pretty sure Lana said it was a donor.
[close]

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2013, 02:20:49 pm »
"Forgive my candor, I just felt my spleen slip out of what was my anus".

Hamm was brilliant.

And
Spoiler
I'll take a guess that the donor was Conway Stern, just because we saw him recently. Hope hey don't leave it as a random donor.
[close]

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2013, 02:29:17 pm »
I'm a huge Arrested Development fan do that's why I was initially interested in the show. At stage I must have watched watched about ten episodes over the last year our so and its not clicking with me at all.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2013, 03:54:24 pm »

Why was I dressed as Hitler?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2013, 05:20:53 pm »
Woohoo!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_7HkG6OSo3E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_7HkG6OSo3E</a>
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2013, 05:26:52 pm »
Cool cool cool.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »
Woohoo!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_7HkG6OSo3E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_7HkG6OSo3E</a>

Damn, I swear I had something for this...

Sploosh, I guess?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 5, 2013, 05:05:13 am »
Fister Roboto.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2014, 05:49:56 pm »
New season tonight :)
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2014, 08:52:08 pm »
TV reviewer in Grantland previewed this today.
Basically it looks like the show's getting a complete reboot.

Spoiler

After the status quo–exploding season premiere (airing tonight at 10 p.m. ET), Archer as we knew it is no more. For reasons I won't spoil, ISIS is gone along with all the show's go-go trappings of international espionage. Stripped of their mandate and their machine guns, the gang is left with nothing but their lingering resentments, their petty grievances, and each other. Oh, and a gigantic pile of cocaine. Thus, next week, Archer becomes Archer Vice as Sterling and a very pregnant Lana (Aisha Tyler) begin the unglamorous dirty work of unloading the drugs in an attempt to reclaim their lost money and power. (They'll form a cartel because, as Malory puts it, "if Mexicans do it," how hard can it be?)
[close]

But fear not - he also says it's very, very funny.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2014, 10:09:20 pm »
I think FX deserves praise for allowing a show to completely change up like that.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2014, 07:57:47 am »
Sploosh.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:02 pm »
Took me off guard to be honest, hadn't read anything really before this season started. Just seen those sort of ad's from their yt channel. Be interesting to see how this'll pan out now, I hope it's like Archers sort-of 'dream sequence' at the end of the episode. God I've missed it.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2014, 09:04:54 pm »
I salute you all, this is so funny. Need to start watching this again, got through 2 series I think and too many funny lines, stories and characters, but the scenes that stand out for me were when he has a pop at his butler, the way he puts him down, every chance he gets  :)

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2014, 12:13:40 am »
“Getting zapped with 50,000 volts is like, it’s like . . .” “It’s like sploosh. And then it’s wave after wave crashing over you, and into you!”

Spoiler

Home / TV / Archer Season 5, Episode 1 Review: “White Elephant”
Archer Season 5, Episode 1 Review: “White Elephant”

How could this happen? How is it possible that after four seasons (two of which are all-timers, two of which are great) a show could suddenly nuke itself and erase everything but its characters? Do notice that I’m only asking how this is all possible, and not why. The why is pretty clear (and so is the how, but I needed an opening) – Adam Reed got tired of doing a show about spies, and realized he has total creative over said show, so he restarted everything. New setting, new genre, but the same hilarious characters. And thank god he did, because “White Elephant” is an exuberant rebirth for Archer.

When you get down to it, this episode was a glorified table-setter. Everything that happened in “White Elephant” served one purpose: blow it up and clear it out so next week can be something new. It feels weird to even consider this part of season five since the other twelve episodes will clearly be radically different. But this was a necessary episode, and thankfully the table-setting didn’t get in the way of the constant barrage of jokes Archer is known for. With the exception of a misplaced “coming soon in season five…” clip reel, the construction work was never a hindrance. Instead, it was exhilarating to see a show gleefully take a sledgehammer to itself.

archer2 Archer Season 5, Episode 1 Review: White Elephant

Part of the reconstruction in “White Elephant” involved a few unexpected moments and reveals, the main one being the discovery that ISIS was a complete sham. It’s a reveal that was both completely obvious and yet still surprising due to how it’s (successfully) treated as a shoulder shrug. Yes, they had no jurisdiction, but who cares, that was last season! Now they’ll knowingly be working against the law. Equally obvious but less surprising was the death of Brett, which I predicted as soon as I read that someone would die in this episode. It’s a horrible moment made even worse by how little attention or grief is paid to it, but that’s also what makes it so funny. At least he died doing what he loved – being shot.
I’m giving “White Elephant” a high grade, but this is less of a great episode and more of a great setup. I have no doubt what comes next in season five will eclipse this (as evidenced by the clip reel), but what Archer did in this episode was unprecedented, so it should already be given props. It should be a fun season, folks, and I’m looking forward to reviewing the craziness that comes next. Bring on Archer Vice!

Loose Ends:

Hi, everyone. I’m Jeremy Sollie, and I’ll be reviewing this season of Archer. Just so you know where I stand on the show, I think Archer is a tremendous comedy, and I rank the seasons thusly: 3, 2, 1, and 4.
“Getting zapped with 50,000 volts is like, it’s like . . .” “It’s like sploosh. And then it’s wave after wave crashing over you, and into you!”
“Oh my god . . . Beaker’s boss, Bunsen freaking Honeydew. That was figuratively killing me.”
“Like 50 times I asked you!” “And like 50 times I lied. So sue me.”
“On second thought I’d very much like to be taken alive. Let me just clear the ole browser history. No no no no…!”
“Oh, I guess, just put it on my crime tab, or whatever.”
Lucky Yates has been added to the opening credits, which means we’ll be seeing a lot of Krieger this season. I’m both excited and horrified.

http://www.geekbinge.com/2014/01/13/archer-season-5-episode-1-review-white-elephant/

[close]

"Baby please don't go" Montage ... awesome!!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:25:45 am by MagicB8all »
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2014, 01:32:58 pm »
2nd ep is up. Very dig it.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2015, 12:14:19 pm »
Anybody watched the first episode of season 6 yet?

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2015, 03:08:45 pm »
Anybody watched the first episode of season 6 yet?

It was okay. A lot of it providing transitional narrative though. I'm expecting better things from next week.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2015, 09:15:41 pm »
It was okay. A lot of it providing transitional narrative though. I'm expecting better things from next week.

How did you watch it mate?

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2015, 12:13:11 am »
... legally. Maybe.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2015, 09:44:36 am »
I thought it was decent. I'm glad we're rid of the Archer Vice rubbish. Hopefully we're back to sanity this season.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2015, 10:38:27 am »
I thought it was decent. I'm glad we're rid of the Archer Vice rubbish. Hopefully we're back to sanity this season.
You didn't like that? I thought it was good for a season. Good they've gone back though. Thought this was okay. First ep is always transitional as Riquende noted.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2015, 12:47:45 pm »
You didn't like that? I thought it was good for a season. Good they've gone back though. Thought this was okay. First ep is always transitional as Riquende noted.

At some point the Pam and cocaine jokes just got a bit old.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2015, 05:19:08 pm »
It could have been a great 3-6 part arc, but it did start to feel stretched out over the whole season. Though I enjoyed the Smokey & the Bandit homage to a colossal degree.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2015, 12:06:54 pm »
That was a great episode with some of my favourite ingredients. Barry, and Pam bonding with Archer in Wisconsin. The two of them actually make a great pair. I wish we could see more of them together. Although I suppose it's probably more of a treat in small doses.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2015, 07:25:17 am »
The scene where Archer watches Pam and her sister fighting and just does nothing but drink was just gif worthy. Also kinda sums him up.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #190 on: February 2, 2015, 01:39:45 pm »
Where are you all watching it?

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2015, 02:20:20 pm »
Duh and/or Hello, I cant believe Ive just discovered this show. Its fantastic!!!  :wave

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pbquDj3mkGc?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pbquDj3mkGc?fs=1</a>
Football is a lie

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2015, 12:08:06 pm »
Spoiler
Anyone think that Rays new hand might've come from Conway Stern?
[close]

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2015, 12:16:35 pm »
Spoiler
Anyone think that Rays new hand might've come from Conway Stern?
[close]
possibly.
I'm waiting for an episode where the hand is leading Ray out of control

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2015, 12:16:53 pm »
Where are you all watching it?
on my laptop :)

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »
Lana.

LANA.

LAAAAANNNAAAAAAA.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2015, 11:18:11 am »
Noooooooope

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 1, 2015, 03:50:52 am »
"I WANNA FLY THE TRAIN!!"
"That chick was like the Pelé of anal"
"Phrasing!"
"Maybe you should shut your dick holster"
"I also need you to go buy sand. I don't know if they grade it, but... coarse."
 "I'm sorry, can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?"
"Eat a buffet of dicks, jungle!"
"I like my coffee just like I like my women: black, bitter and preferably fair trade."
"HE REMEMBERS ME!"

Ridiculously funny and entertaining, I've been binge re-watching the first five seasons after the end of the last one, so many great moments  ;D.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2015, 10:25:08 am »
Just started watching this. Hilarious!!

Funniest show I've seen for quite a while. All the characters are brilliant.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2015, 11:07:53 am »
Bit weird seeing the guy who lends his voice to Archer in Master of None.

Enjoy, Andy. It's great.

PS: Archer's mom is a saint.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:10:54 am by Yiannis »