Author Topic: Your First Liverpool Game  (Read 36370 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Your First Liverpool Game
« on: May 27, 2010, 02:20:19 pm »
Done before I am sure several times even but just thinking about the first time I saw the lads in 86 as they brought both league & fa cup to Cork. Paraded the trophies around the field with Kenny in the lead before taking on an Irish team that contained Houghton and Aldo I think, obviously before they joined us. Great memories, a little fuzzy but my god treasured as I don’t think I will ever see those days relived again to be honest.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
Re: Your First Liverpool Game
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 02:23:51 pm »
Done before I am sure several times even but just thinking about the first time I saw the lads in 86 as they brought both league & fa cup to Cork. Paraded the trophies around the field with Kenny in the lead before taking on an Irish team that contained Houghton and Aldo I think, obviously before they joined us. Great memories, a little fuzzy but my god treasured as I don’t think I will ever see those days relived again to be honest.

Was that in Turners Cross?
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 02:40:34 pm »
Yes it was. Just one hell of a feeling to see your idols so close to  you…wow that’s Kenny right there still in his prime somewhat…the summer after you saw them collect the double for the first time in the club’s history. For various reasons I have not seen them live too often so …yep a OTT three thousand miles removed now,……but these things stick with you from your childhood.

These days we seem to be venting at every fecker coming in through the Anfield doors and its just becoming a wee bit soul destroying.  Days like 1986 keep the light shining.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:53:02 pm »
I take your point on the glory days of old. Jesus I think we would all give anything to get those days back. Not had it too bad to be fair since 2000 but we would all like to see them do the double again.

On the venting thing though I think we need to keep it up. It's not the Liverpool way to vent for no reason and the two at the top at the moment have given every Liverpool fan every reason to vent.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Online Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 03:01:37 pm »
Spurs 1 - 0 Liverpool, March 1990

Paul Stewart diving header, i cried all the way home!

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »
First game at Anfield, lost 1-0 to Norwich.  1987 or 1988 I think.  Gutted.  Didn't speak a word all the way back to Kent where I was living at the time.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 03:16:37 pm »
Anfield, vs the Mancs, 1997, I think, we lost 3-1, thanks for bringing it up again.

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 03:22:14 pm »
My first game was the first day of the 2000/2001 treble season - put the success that followed down to my influence.  We won 1-0, Heskey scored a great goal, but Gerrard was immense that day - it was the start of his first full season and was the first real taste of what was to come from him.  Can remember Bradfords keeper made a few excellent stops from him that day, one in particular at the Anny Road end that seemed to be curling for the top corner that he just tipped over.

Incidentally, that was also the game (only time ever since the 60s?) where YNWA wasnt the last song played before KO as for some unfathomable reason Frankie Goes To Hollywoods' Two Tribes was played between YNWA and kick off (ignoring the Premier League or CL themes)!
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 03:25:04 pm »
Spurs 1 - 0 Liverpool, March 1990

Paul Stewart diving header, i cried all the way home!

I cried more when we signed him

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 03:25:09 pm »
First game at Anfield, lost 1-0 to Norwich.  1987 or 1988 I think.  Gutted.  Didn't speak a word all the way back to Kent where I was living at the time.

Think I was at that one - did Dale Gordon score?!

My first a was a defeat as well - a lot of lucky omens on here! 

29/09/1984 Sheffield Wednesday (H) L2-0

Offline Fowlers left boot

• Main Stander
  • Has the skill of Biscan and the build of Molby....
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 03:33:02 pm »
Liverpool v Norwich - Nov 1991 (or was it Oct) - 2-0 the reds - Houghton and Molby. 

Front row of Anney Road.  Just remember spending half time throwing my scarf onto the pitch and pulling it back again so I could get the due off the pitch (and thinking about it, the spit and snot too!).

Most of the game spent just looking around the place in awe - especially the Kop.
When you walk, through a storm - hold your head up high....

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 03:34:36 pm »
Think I was at that one - did Dale Gordon score?!

My first a was a defeat as well - a lot of lucky omens on here! 

29/09/1984 Sheffield Wednesday (H) L2-0
It was 17th December 1988!  Not sure who scored.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 03:38:20 pm »
Almost certain it was the Spurs 7-0 at Anfield.

Only remember the last one, Heighway's exquisite first-time laser-guided cross and McDermott's header.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online No Way José

• Kopite
  • Hard as fuck - Not me, Wiggo
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 03:38:54 pm »
Home to Leicester City in April 1978. Won 3-2, think it was Sammy Lee's debut. Remember him coming on as a sub and scoring with a shot that bobbled its way past Mark Wallington in the Leicester goal. Can't remember much else (it was 32 years ago) except Leicester getting a penalty and scoring.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. Except Polio

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 03:45:45 pm »
17 April 1974  Coventry City v Liverpool.  Highfield Road, League Div. 1 - Won 2:1
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 03:52:04 pm »
It was 17th December 1988!  Not sure who scored.

Andy Townsend

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 04:04:24 pm »
Derby County, 24th September 1977, I thought it was Dalglish's first home game, but thanks to Liverweb for fucking that one up...it was his 4th.
Terry McDermott in the 80th minute....my memory says diving header, but I wouldn't trust that too much.

Davie Fairclough was my favourite and came on as a sub, butI think I spent most of  the game staring at the Kop.
My dad bitched all the way home about the cramped seats in the Kemlyn, and if I wasn't even going to watch the game then I wasn't going again till I was big enough to go on the kop.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 04:19:06 pm »
Exeter City 0-6 Liverpool
Game Date :: 28.10.1981
Competition :: League Cup 2nd round 2nd leg  Stadium :: St James' Park
Spectators :: 11,740 
Starting line-up
1  Bruce Grobbelaar 
2  Phil Neal 
3  Mark Lawrenson 
4  Phil Thompson 
5  Ray Kennedy 
6  Alan Hansen 
7  Kenny Dalglish 
8  Ronnie Whelan 
9  Ian Rush 
10  Terry McDermott 
11  Kevin Sheedy 

Subs
12  Alan Kennedy

Goals
Ian Rush 15'
Kenny Dalglish 23'
Phil Neal 44'
Kevin Sheedy 53'
Ian Rush 78'
Nicky Marker (O/G) 80'

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:42:36 pm by LanceLink »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 04:23:32 pm »
Not sure of the year, but all I know is that we played Celtic at Anfield, night game and Owen was our star player, yet we lost 4-0 :(

Second game was actually at Goodison, derby day, and Everton had to wear Liverpool's away kit due to their home shirts not being ready! ;D

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 04:31:56 pm »
Liverpool 7-1 Southampton January 16 (I think) 1999. Fowler hat-trick.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 04:34:06 pm »
Liverpool 7-1 Southampton January 16 (I think) 1999. Fowler hat-trick.
SNAP!

3rd row of the kop

4 days before my 16th birthday

can still taste the bovril me brother bought me and the ham sambos my mam gave me to bring over on the plane from dublin that we saved for the match.

and that we pulled out of the drive with the tickets still in my drawer at home.

magnificent
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 04:34:36 pm »
14th Feb 1987 Vs Leicester 4-3.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 04:40:05 pm »
9-0 against Palace, I was 4, I remember thinking what the fucks going on?

Offline redcarLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 04:42:20 pm »
25th November 1995: Middlesbrough 2 Liverpool 1. 

Nick Barmby with 2 i think and Neil Ruddock with a header for us. 

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 04:44:24 pm »
14th Feb 1987 Vs Leicester 4-3.
That was my 1st game at Anfield, my 1st LFC game was Spurs away in May '83, 0 - 2 loss Archibald 2 if i recall.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 05:05:40 pm »
16th Nov 1963 : Liverpool 2 Fulham 0. St John and Hunt, both in the last four minutes.

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 05:05:45 pm »
Crystal Palace at Selhurst.  Lost 1-0 (Cant remember the year but we had the legends Piechnik and Kozma playing).  The next game after that was Fulham in the League Cup, saw Gods first ever goal for us.  Awesome night and we chanted Fowler off the pitch at the end.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 05:08:24 pm »
Liverpool vs FC Brugge at wembley, I was very young and don't remember it but it was a good start don't you think 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 05:11:50 pm »
Juventus at home, October 1965.   One down from the first leg against a very, very good Juve team, we won 2-0 to go through to the next round of the European Cup Winners Cup

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 05:15:26 pm »
Villa 4 - 2 Liverpool 1992

The match where Ronny hit the cross bar from 12 yds!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline KennyLFC

• Kopite
  • Irish Red
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 05:17:18 pm »
My first games was Liverpool v Derby County 6th of November 1999, we won 2-0 Redknapp and Murphy scored the goals.
PSN: KennyLFC92
Xbox: k3nn3thg

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 05:29:00 pm »
7th March 1964.

Liverpool 6 Ipswich 0, as a nine year old with my Dad and Cousin in the old Kemlyn. Still picture st John's diving header for the first, and they scored five in the Kop end in the second half. If I was already hooked, I just swallowed the rod after this!
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 05:34:21 pm »
9th April 1960

Leyton Orient  2-0  Liverpool

Slater, Molyneux, Byrne, Wheeler, White, Moran, Liddell, Hunt, Hickson, Melia, A'Court.

Offline Jamila

• Main Stander
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 06:36:06 pm »
28th March 2010

Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland

Reina, Johnson, Carra, Agger, Insua, Masch, Gerrard, Maxi, Babel, Kuyt, Torres.

Sat with the rest of the oot/ooc, (which I'm sure must make all of you cringe) singing along with the songs from the kop and Anny Road. Got some angry looks, but couldn't care less. It was amazing.

Before the match we looked around town a bit, then took the bus towards Anfield. At the first glance I got of it, I got a lump in my throat. Then we got off, walked over and when I stood on the street watching it for the very first time in my life I cried. I just stood there looking and crying. It must have looked really weird, but it was overwhelming. I had been looking forward to this for such a long time and then, finally, I was outside Anfield, along with the other reds who were about to go to the match. I will never ever forget that feeling.

We went to the Albert for a while, then went inside the stadium as one of the first. Again, just standing and looking around in silence, taking it in, letting it sink in that I was finally here. Then the match, 3-0, fantastic performance. Then the protest against the owners. I sat close to Anny Road, being last in the stand before being thrown out by the stewards, but what I wouldn't have given to be there with the rest of them.

'The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams'

Offline bobapcoed

• Main Stander
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 06:39:05 pm »
Liverpool 0 Leicester City 1 1964

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 06:39:30 pm »
Liverpool 2-1 Sheff Utd in 1992. Houghton and Saunders scored for us after Brian Deane scored for them.

Offline Pissin all over the world

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 06:40:42 pm »
Olou Palleserra (excuse the spelling) in the European Cup in 1981, a comfortable 10-1 victory for the redmen!! My old fella said he'ed been biding his time to pick my first game and what a decision, 10 goals for a nine year old in his first game!!
SITTIN ON THE DOCK OF THE BAY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADD!!!

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2010, 06:41:07 pm »
I am 26 years old, and my first game I was just 6 years old (just turned) and it was mild November day.

This team went on to win the league. The last Liverpool team to do so. It had the likes of Barnes, Rush, Nicol, Grobellar, and the rest. What a year, and what an honour to see those players. Even though I can't really remember much of the game.

Except the fact we lost. 1-0. To fucking Coventry.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010, 06:41:41 pm »
29th April 1995. Norwich 1-2 Liverpool. Steve Harkness scored early on, they equalised and then Rush scored with about 5 minutes to go. I remember dying for a piss and my brother wouldn't let me go from about the 60th minute, he kept telling me to wait until the end. When it looked like ending a draw I remember him saying "Alright, when the scoreboard clock gets to 85 minutes, we'll go and you can have a piss", it got to about 84 and I remember Rush going round the keeper and slotting it into an empty net. I think David James got injured in the warm-up too, I seem to remember him diving into the post or something.

Offline grantybaz

• looks like Ronnie Irani
  • Main Stander
  • Signing up on betfair, use referral code QDJAR76PT
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 06:43:41 pm »
My first game was April 1984 when I was ten, v West Ham, 6-0, awesome! Big Crown Paints tin in the centre circle, amazing team and that was me hooked despite being a Dundee Utd fan. We also nearly met in the European Cup final in the same year if it wasn't for those cheating Roma bastards!! Was so glad to see the 'pool beat them it just sealed the deal for me!

Do any of you guys have Dundee Utd as your fav Scottish team!!!!!?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:45:43 pm by grantybaz »
Signing up on betfair, use referral code QDJAR76PT and recieve a free £20 in your account