Author Topic: Still Game - new series..  (Read 40753 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Still Game - new series..
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2007, 04:40:55 pm »
The BBC tell you them We beat Hyperdrive in the ratings which is good news and got good figures across Scotland and the UK!
Yep.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2007, 05:52:51 pm »
Had a little search on you tube before and found this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWdmR_yFas

There's a chap on it called Michael Hines..

Who could that be?  :D

Aaaaah,

Finally a face to the name  ;D
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2007, 06:31:36 pm »
The BBC tell you them We beat Hyperdrive in the ratings which is good news and got good figures across Scotland and the UK!

Good news then  :D
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2007, 07:51:58 pm »
S2, E1. 'Gairden.'

The two neds who are such a pain in the arse.

Anyone clock the name of their devil dog?  :D

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2007, 07:54:40 pm »
Kaizer hehehe,

"hey youse, are you kate buuuuush man?
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
  • In this moment i like it in this forum, for sure
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2007, 02:24:20 pm »
Kaizer hehehe,

"hey youse, are you kate buuuuush man?

Winston's response before the bus pulls away is genius.. one of many great moments in that series.
Rafa on THAT half time talk.  Language barriers aside, the greatest modesty and understatement in football history!!!

' We had been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe we score things would be different and we scored and it was different'

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2007, 02:29:12 pm »
S2, E1. 'Gairden.'

The two neds who are such a pain in the arse.

Anyone clock the name of their devil dog?  :D
That's the best episode by far.
Winston's response before the bus pulls away is genius.. one of many great moments in that series.
and when the bus pulls away.. "Only kidding"  ;D

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2007, 03:40:49 pm »
Great episode that one "Nae bastard devil dugs" also love cairds which i think is on seasie 3
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2007, 05:29:08 pm »
Cairds is my favourite, with Cauld from Series 1 a belter.
Yep.

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2007, 02:36:10 pm »
Cauld from Series 1 a belter.

That was a great one. Also, loved the one with Winston's winnings in his false leg, which ends up out the window  :D
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2007, 02:52:54 pm »

That was a great one. Also, loved the one with Winston's winnings in his false leg, which ends up out the window  :D

Winston's winnings was another classic but if truth be told we could go on for posting after posting as there have been so many.

Sign of a great comedy programme.
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2007, 05:31:35 pm »
Even the phrase 'Nae bastad devil dugs' makes me laugh aloud. Alsdo cannot stop doing Navid impressions at the minute. A genius character. Exchanges with the young mum in the shop or the banter with meena make me howl.

Get it right up ye!
Rafa on THAT half time talk.  Language barriers aside, the greatest modesty and understatement in football history!!!

' We had been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe we score things would be different and we scored and it was different'

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2007, 12:47:49 am »

;D  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_f5KWdiL8&mode=related&search=

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2007, 01:46:54 pm »
Episode 2, tonight.

FLY SOCIETY
BBC TWO: 22:00 Thursday 19th July
Jack and Victor get a taste of how the other half live when they are mistaken for two socialites by a couple of rich widows. But the gang from Craiglang are not happy at missing out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewinthefat/jack_and_victor/still_game/episode_guide/index.shtml

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2007, 02:40:54 pm »
Episode 2, tonight.

FLY SOCIETY
Jack and Victor get a taste of how the other half live when they are mistaken for two socialites by a couple of rich widows. But the gang from Craiglang are not happy at missing out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewinthefat/jack_and_victor/still_game/episode_guide/index.shtml

Cannot wait again!! Lord the anticipation.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:52 pm »
Episode 2, tonight.

FLY SOCIETY

Saw the highlights earlier, looks a belter by the way!
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2007, 10:48:40 pm »
Saw the highlights earlier, looks a belter by the way!

You weren't kidding, another belter.

I love this show.. ;D

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2007, 11:00:54 pm »
Absolute quality yet again!
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2007, 11:16:25 pm »
"I've got a boat"

My favourite line from the Series.
Yep.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2007, 07:42:41 pm »
First class as usual  ;D

Man who played the rich fat bloke in this was curiously enough in my dad's class at school, he was quite an amusing actor too

Best moment for me was the two posh ladies revealing themselves to be not quite so posh after all...that and the end bit of Navid pretending to be a prince, having the door shut in his face and his simple, one letter response...'shite!'  :lmao

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2007, 10:48:47 pm »
First class as usual  ;D

Man who played the rich fat bloke in this was curiously enough in my dad's class at school, he was quite an amusing actor too

Best moment for me was the two posh ladies revealing themselves to be not quite so posh after all...that and the end bit of Navid pretending to be a prince, having the door shut in his face and his simple, one letter response...'shite!'  :lmao
I loved the bit were after they'd gate crashed their way into the posh grange, Winston was pretending that Tam was his personal assistant and making him repeat how worthless he was before kicking him up the arse.  ;D

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2007, 09:29:39 pm »
"I've got a boat"

My favourite line from the Series.

Flawless delivery Hinesy. Near pished meself!

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2007, 02:02:37 pm »
Tonight's ep : anyone remember the game Operation ?
Yep.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2007, 05:14:02 pm »
Episode 3 - LIGHTS OUT
BBC TWO: 22:00 Thursday 26th July

Craiglang is plunged into eternal darkness when the sub station goes on the blink. Our vulnerable pensioners are to take radical measures to protect themselves from the night crawlers.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2007, 11:33:47 pm »
Didnt really get going this one...though still had it's amusing moments, but I'm a connoisseur, those less seasoned wacthers might have been less impressed by this weeks one :-\

But sense it will pick up, 2 out of 3 in this series aint bad  8)

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2007, 11:39:34 pm »
Didnt really get going this one...though still had it's amusing moments, but I'm a connoisseur, those less seasoned wacthers might have been less impressed by this weeks one :-\

But sense it will pick up, 2 out of 3 in this series aint bad  8)
I thought it was excellent. When Winston did his snooker balls in a sock on them pretend coppers in the lift, I cheered like a mad loon..

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2007, 11:47:53 pm »
I think its an aquired taste this one, may bear more fruit on repeated viewings. I didn't like it when we finished it but now I love lots of little bits in it. Especially the operation game scene which cracks me up. There are more funny wee bits and less major set ups in it, and it is different in a lot of ways. Slower in a lot of areas I'd say.
Yep.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2007, 12:43:16 am »
I think its an aquired taste this one, may bear more fruit on repeated viewings. I didn't like it when we finished it but now I love lots of little bits in it. Especially the operation game scene which cracks me up. There are more funny wee bits and less major set ups in it, and it is different in a lot of ways. Slower in a lot of areas I'd say.
But it's like I said earlier on this thread, the thing about Still Game that is different from a lot of other sit-com is that not only is it funny, but it always in every episode to me shows a true to life side that the viewer can relate to.

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2007, 11:46:15 am »
I didn't like it when we finished it but now I love lots of little bits in it. Especially the operation game scene which cracks me up.

That was hilarious and also when Isa appeared with the blue face.  I agree about repeated watchings.  I rewatched the fly society one and laughed far harder at little things you miss out on on the first watch. For example, jack waiting to take the phone call and letting on he was walking from the conservatory and saying ' dear me, the length of this hall'

I think last night's will turn out to be another grower.

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2007, 09:03:36 pm »
I was really disappointed with last week's one, after the great idea of Jack and Victor meeting rich women and pretending to be well-to-do. But the script seemed poor, and I didn't buy the way the others turned up.

This week's cracked me up, though.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2007, 12:49:13 pm »
Loved the bit with winston in the lift.

Offline Emo Phillips

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2007, 01:29:39 pm »

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »
Found out the other day that there's a social club near us that has a Still Game session every thursday night!

Right on 10 o'clock the music stops, the smokers come in, Bingo has been cut short and conversations are abruptly ended as silence breaks out whilst everyone grabs a chair and gathers round the big screen in the lounge for the weekly episode!

Good work Hinesy  ;D

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2007, 02:41:01 pm »
;D
that's class. Where's that corby ?
Yep.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2007, 03:24:15 pm »
Yeah, a predominantly Scottish working class town! (In Northamptonshire)  ;D

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 2, 2007, 02:55:04 pm »
Ha ha that's class !

Tonight's ep is good fun, Jim Watt, world champion pugilist is in it, as well Michelle McManus World Champion something else is in it.
Yep.

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 2, 2007, 04:36:05 pm »
Ha ha that's class !

Tonight's ep is good fun, Jim Watt, world champion pugilist is in it, as well Michelle McManus World Champion something else is in it.

Can't wait already.  Thursdays are a great day!

Offline red20

• Main Stander
  • is'nt this football lark great
« Reply #157 on: August 2, 2007, 05:26:11 pm »
a great show looking forward to tonight's episode.  ;D     
"Bill Shankly 1913-1981 - He Made The People Happy"   And Bob made us even happier

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #158 on: August 2, 2007, 05:37:07 pm »
Just ordered the first 5 series from Amazon and there was a bar stating that if it was ordered in the next half hour, they would guarantee next day delivery so I jumped on it.  Three days later, I get an e-mail telling me they've only despatched it this morning!  WTF!!! 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 2, 2007, 08:28:37 pm »
Episode 4 - SECONDS OUT
BBC TWO: 22:00 Thursday 2nd August

Boabby the barman and Stevie the bookie vie for the attention of the new pizza girl. Jack and victor are hell bent on getting a free pizza now that their old pal Winston works there.

Can't wait..  :D