Author Topic: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP  (Read 61857 times)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2019, 10:01:23 am »
Don't forget season ticket holders who pay up before the season ends in some cases.....or the autocup scheme...

Yeah definitely. Sorry, it’s the same situation for all definitely!!!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2019, 10:02:41 am »
I think they are seeing more and more ppl asking for dupes so clamping down.

Yeah that would definitely spark some type of questioning

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2019, 11:36:01 am »
I think they are seeing more and more ppl asking for dupes so clamping down.

I think its more eliminating the low hanging fruit, you’ve been honest and they know you’ve done it so let’s rule that person out then they might stop you considering doing it again.

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2019, 06:02:06 pm »
As far as I am aware from on here then Tony has always been sound with sorting out people tickets. A lot of us sort out tickets, or get sorted out tickets, or swap them, depending on the game. For Brighton away for instance, I swapped four home game tickets for two away league games. My brother and I couldn't go regardless because of family commitments. The other two fellas in our what's app group who have access to tickets had stated for reasons personal to each of them that they couldn't make the game either. I was paid the amount that I paid for the four home tickets and then paid someone else for the two away tickets and the swap was done. Face value essentially. I got to go to an away game and some other fellas got to go to a game we could no longer make due to personal reasons to us.

Without proof of touting I am quite concerned at the feeling within this thread to accuse Tony of touting tickets without any evidence of him doing so, other than the purchaser being foreign and without that person accusing Tony of anything.

Let's focus on people who sell away tickets at way beyond their face value, at people who sell home tickets way beyond their face value and not onto someone who for whatever reason can't make the match and sorts someone else out, isn't that how most of us get our tickets, especially aways?
k

"Isn't that how most of us get our tickets, especially aways?"

Well, and you think it's right this? If you dont go you shouldnt be allowed to pass the ticket to a friend, especcially for the away games

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2019, 06:07:49 pm »
k

Well, and you think it's right this? If you dont go you shouldnt be allowed to pass the ticket to a friend, especcially for the away games

So what's the alternative?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2019, 06:11:27 pm »
So what's the alternative?
Club sells them? To tourist and Coops and the atmosphere gets shitter than it currently is!

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2019, 06:29:16 pm »
k

It's all well and good saying that. But the majority of tickets for games at Anfield are sold months in advance  in bulk sales, you can't return tickets within a fortnight of the game and you've got about as much chance of getting through to the ticket office on the phone as you have of getting 5 numbers and the bonus ball on the national lottery. The club put stuff on the website about not leaving seats empty yet members are not afforded the same parity as STH with returning tickets online nearer the day of the game.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2019, 07:19:14 pm »
Club sells them? To tourist and Coops and the atmosphere gets shitter than it currently is!

I'm fully in favour of killing matchgoing culture myself.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2019, 10:51:20 pm »

Us corporates don’t kill the atmosphere it’s the every man and his dog whose touting aways on websites.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2019, 10:53:07 pm »
I think the best way to solve all this is due what they do for us hospo if we can’t go we can transfer the ticket as e-ticket to a friend, family, client or business partner. They then turn up with ID as go to the game.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2019, 07:58:16 am »
I think the best way to solve all this is due what they do for us hospo if we can’t go we can transfer the ticket as e-ticket to a friend, family, client or business partner. They then turn up with ID as go to the game.
That will help touts not hinder them.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2019, 08:04:46 am »

Not if you make it so you can only transfer it to someone you've had on your friends and family list for 6 months.

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2019, 08:18:10 am »
Not if you make it so you can only transfer it to someone you've had on your friends and family list for 6 months.

Or people who are members and have been since the start of the season and the transfer is done to the Members card not as an eticket

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2019, 08:26:21 am »

Disagree slightly I think anything transferred in a touts name, will instantly be lost.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:45 am »
Disagree slightly I think anything transferred in a touts name, will instantly be lost.
How will the club know if its been sold by a tout?

The only way to sort the issue out is for a member being able to return it via a online like St holders can up till a few hours before kick off

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2019, 08:48:36 am »
How will the club know if its been sold by a tout?

The only way to sort the issue out is for a member being able to return it via a online like St holders can up till a few hours before kick off

The club know who the touts are. Some of the touts buy the tickets before selling them. One ticket in a touts name is all it takes. We have the exchange also it works well,apart from touts having logins. One of the tout sites has 10 hospo season tickets.

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2019, 08:52:43 am »
Or people who are members and have been since the start of the season and the transfer is done to the Members card not as an eticket

Can you do that already? Seems a fair way of transferring a ticket if you can actually get through to the ticket office.

The member who the game is transferred should get the credit also.

Offline fintanmar

• Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2019, 10:57:25 am »
Us corporates don’t kill the atmosphere it’s the every man and his dog whose touting aways on websites.

Why don't the club buy these tickets? Then ban the person who bought them in the first place.

It wouldn't take long for it to stop then

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2019, 12:50:01 pm »
Why don't the club buy these tickets? Then ban the person who bought them in the first place.

It wouldn't take long for it to stop then

They did that for Bournemouth away last season but unless more and more report it they won’t do it regularly.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2019, 01:08:17 pm »
The club are not serious about sorting out the tout
 issue.I would say their main greviance is that they are not getting the astronomical sums and the touts are that's why they are going after soft target's like Tony and cancelling memberships with high credits.They in turn will effectively tout the seats themselves with this never-ending list of matchday hospitality venues. Aintree Hilton etc not even near the ground,also Thomas Cook and I saw a new one at the weekend advertised in the Irish independent Keith Prowse Liverpool match day packages.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2019, 12:53:39 pm »
Just for the record, I've dealt with Tony a couple of times on here in the past and I never got any suspicion that that he was touting tickets. Always spot on, hope you get it sorted mate, nightmare of a situation.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2019, 06:45:53 pm »
As a general comment and nothing to do with the original post or person what I find annoying these days is that it's become a thing - a cool thing - a status thing - an ego thing - to be someone who can 'sort tickets'.

My mate does it. I think he gets a buzz from it. I think lots of others do.

Not saying it's right or wrong just that it annoys me. It's like wanting to be helpful. Which is nice. But it's odd. You can become everyone's best friend.

I know people with more cards (double figures) who (at least seem to) only sell at face value. Spend hours before a game dishing them out, hours after collecting, and half the week 'sorting' people.

Honestly don't know where they find the time. The bulk sales stress me out.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2019, 07:49:54 pm »
Agree. IMO it should be one card per person (ST or membership) but there we go.

I know a guy who has more STs than he can remember! "50-something I think". He got them when "the club just wanted people to buy them, years ago" (I don't remember that time) but it can't be right.
We are a team of one half.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2019, 09:13:16 pm »

I know a guy who has more STs than he can remember! "50-something I think". He got them when "the club just wanted people to buy them, years ago" (I don't remember that time) but it can't be right.
Thats crazy what names would be on the STs.John Doe 1 John Doe 2 John Doe 3 etc.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2019, 09:42:01 pm »

wasnt it around souness’s time where you could walk up and get one?

I used to know a guy who had three in his name in the kop, to be fair he’d go and give the other two to his mates at face value, think they should look to amnesty where you can change the name to a spouse/direct blood relative/adopted child, and any excess are given up

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2019, 10:19:32 pm »
Thats crazy what names would be on the STs.John Doe 1 John Doe 2 John Doe 3 etc.
His I think. That is why I think it's so wrong.
wasnt it around souness’s time where you could walk up and get one?

I used to know a guy who had three in his name in the kop, to be fair he’d go and give the other two to his mates at face value, think they should look to amnesty where you can change the name to a spouse/direct blood relative/adopted child, and any excess are given up

When he was the manager? No, I am sure it was long before that. I applied in 1989 and there was no list but that was to get one, and right after Hillsborough so some had understandably given theirs back. I think it was long before that (from what he said once).

The club say they want to know who is at the match, so surely that is the obviously place to start - change to a specific name and ensure they use it, or give some up?

There just seem to be so many things that are easy to tackle, and need it, before guys such as Tony doing a mate a favour ONCE without benefitting. (I have dealt with him before. No tout)

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2019, 11:54:13 pm »
When he was the manager? No, I am sure it was long before that. I applied in 1989 and there was no list but that was to get one, and right after Hillsborough so some had understandably given theirs back. I think it was long before that (from what he said once).

The club say they want to know who is at the match, so surely that is the obviously place to start - change to a specific name and ensure they use it, or give some up?

There just seem to be so many things that are easy to tackle, and need it, before guys such as Tony doing a mate a favour ONCE without benefitting. (I have dealt with him before. No tout)

Thank you shanklygates.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2019, 12:23:16 am »

sure one or two of my dads mates got season tickets around 1992 and didn’t have to wait back then, then again I’ve got a mate who signed up around 97 and is about a year off getting one

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2019, 12:42:55 am »
After a chat with 'Mike' the investigating officer, I have been asked to submit evidence with the appeal to prove my version of events, including statements from those who used the tickets. He was actually quite pleasant and helpful. He did say that his role is simply to present the facts to a panel who then decide what happens. He does not actually vote on whether a breach has been committed nor what sanction to impose, if any.

I won't be saying anything else for now until the appeal process has concluded. Thanks for those who have backed me up and who know I haven't/won't have sold over the odds.

As a side point, it's sad that some people automatically assume tout for helping out a foreign LFC fan. There is a very well respected member from the USA on here who I met in April 2004 on the train to Old Trafford for the Murphy penalty game. I and others on here have become very good friends with him, he visits twice a season, for 2 and a half weeks at a time. I know I or no one else has ever overcharged him for any ticket, and he has been to Old Trafford  Goodison, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge and some other away games and countless homes. We have become such good friends he has invited me to visit him in Los Angeles, and I know other RAWK members have been out there to visit and stay with him too. I also got chatting to 2 Croatian guys in the Black Bull before Newcastle away November 2007. We subsequently met up at Inter Milan away, Atletico Madrid away, Debrecen away and some games in Liverpool. On the back of that I visited Croatia in 2011 (their hometown, Split) and have since returned a further 9 times including to work part of the last 3 summer seasons. Likewise they have never been overcharged a penny by anyone who has sorted them, and have become friends for life. They now attend the majority of home premiership matches. I am sure others have their own stories too. I know some members on here are still in touch with Leverkusen fans from 2005 and organise a trip to Germany each year and Leverkusen fans organise a trip to Anfield each year. All tickets sorted at face value. We are a global club with a global fanbase, it is quite normal to have foreign friends and help them source tickets.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:27:33 am by Tiger Tony »

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2019, 02:43:11 am »
I have dealt with Mile before. He seems ok from the little contact I have had. (I was reporting definite touting of STs.) Good luck Tony!

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2019, 08:46:07 am »
As I mentioned before, I think now that the evidence has been asked to be provided likelihood is that Tony will get his cards back

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2019, 11:55:00 am »
Mate in work can’t go the game this weekend, he’s given me his membership card with the ticket on so I can go. I’ve bought the ticket face-value off him, he’s said it’ll be sound an shouldn’t have any problems going even though it’s not in my name.

Should I get him to call ticket-office or something? Or will I be fine just turning up?

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2019, 12:36:43 pm »
Mate in work can’t go the game this weekend, he’s given me his membership card with the ticket on so I can go. I’ve bought the ticket face-value off him, he’s said it’ll be sound an shouldn’t have any problems going even though it’s not in my name.

Should I get him to call ticket-office or something? Or will I be fine just turning up?
Absolutely don’t involve them just turn up scan your card at the turnstile and go in.
Kenny Godglish

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2019, 12:39:15 pm »
Absolutely don’t involve them just turn up scan your card at the turnstile and go in.

That

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2019, 12:40:07 pm »
That

Cheers guys, will do just that.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2019, 12:41:14 pm »
As a general comment and nothing to do with the original post or person what I find annoying these days is that it's become a thing - a cool thing - a status thing - an ego thing - to be someone who can 'sort tickets'.

My mate does it. I think he gets a buzz from it. I think lots of others do.

Not saying it's right or wrong just that it annoys me. It's like wanting to be helpful. Which is nice. But it's odd. You can become everyone's best friend.

I know people with more cards (double figures) who (at least seem to) only sell at face value. Spend hours before a game dishing them out, hours after collecting, and half the week 'sorting' people.

Honestly don't know where they find the time. The bulk sales stress me out.

He has more than 10 membership cards at £30 a go, and he's only selling tickets at face value?

hmmmm.

Is he Santa Clause?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2019, 04:26:33 pm »
His nose is red enough.

The one with 10+ is mainly ST.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2019, 06:23:03 pm »
best of luck tony
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2019, 08:05:07 pm »
Good luck Tony !

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2019, 08:11:12 pm »
After a chat with 'Mike' the investigating officer, I have been asked to submit evidence with the appeal to prove my version of events, including statements from those who used the tickets. He was actually quite pleasant and helpful. He did say that his role is simply to present the facts to a panel who then decide what happens. He does not actually vote on whether a breach has been committed nor what sanction to impose, if any.

I won't be saying anything else for now until the appeal process has concluded. Thanks for those who have backed me up and who know I haven't/won't have sold over the odds.

As a side point, it's sad that some people automatically assume tout for helping out a foreign LFC fan. There is a very well respected member from the USA on here who I met in April 2004 on the train to Old Trafford for the Murphy penalty game. I and others on here have become very good friends with him, he visits twice a season, for 2 and a half weeks at a time. I know I or no one else has ever overcharged him for any ticket, and he has been to Old Trafford  Goodison, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge and some other away games and countless homes. We have become such good friends he has invited me to visit him in Los Angeles, and I know other RAWK members have been out there to visit and stay with him too. I also got chatting to 2 Croatian guys in the Black Bull before Newcastle away November 2007. We subsequently met up at Inter Milan away, Atletico Madrid away, Debrecen away and some games in Liverpool. On the back of that I visited Croatia in 2011 (their hometown, Split) and have since returned a further 9 times including to work part of the last 3 summer seasons. Likewise they have never been overcharged a penny by anyone who has sorted them, and have become friends for life. They now attend the majority of home premiership matches. I am sure others have their own stories too. I know some members on here are still in touch with Leverkusen fans from 2005 and organise a trip to Germany each year and Leverkusen fans organise a trip to Anfield each year. All tickets sorted at face value. We are a global club with a global fanbase, it is quite normal to have foreign friends and help them source tickets.

I met a lad at the aiport on the way to Madrid in 2014 from Allostock. Top bloke.

Best of luck with the appeal.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.