Author Topic: Loan Watch 2019/20  (Read 232820 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Mark Grujic. Time to recall?
« Reply #760 on: December 10, 2019, 12:07:48 pm »
Age Doesn't come into it. He has had some very poor games, although I must admit The last 2or3 he has played well. Will it last though.

The last 2 or 3 seasons - yes you are quite right.  Longer actually. There's a reason he's one of Jürgen Klopp's most trusted players and leaders.

Not much point in recalling Grujic to sit on the bench for half a season, he's surely better off starting every game for Hertha as he is doing.

But it's winter break there soon, I'm sure he'll come back to Liverpool for a bit and hang out  ;)

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
Re: Mark Grujic. Time to recall?
« Reply #761 on: December 10, 2019, 12:17:35 pm »
Age Doesn't come into it. He has had some very poor games, although I must admit The last 2or3 he has played well. Will it last though.

Wow, that's some take.

Cheers
Jon

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
Re: Loan Watch 2019/20
« Reply #762 on: December 10, 2019, 12:21:08 pm »
Why are we discussing Henderson and his form??

This thread is about Loan Players, hence the title Loan Watch, not the have a go at our skipper thread. Sometimes RAWK is so frustrating!
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: December 11, 2019, 11:11:46 pm »
Anyone know how Nat Phillips has been doing in Germany?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: December 11, 2019, 11:19:26 pm »
Anyone know how Nat Phillips has been doing in Germany?

been in and out of the team really, their first choice pair is the very experienced Holgar Badstuber and Marc Oliver Kempf (the team captain), so he's always going to be struggling for dislodge those two. He has started 6 in the league so far (out of 14 games).  And he has started the last 2.

Not seem much of Stuttgart this season as they are in Bundesliga 2, and I only watch maybe 1 game a week of that league.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: December 13, 2019, 02:17:11 am »
wonder what a signing like Minamino will mean for the likes of Wilson. Both different types of player, but the former is probably more versatile.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: December 27, 2019, 10:39:51 am »
Nat Phillips returns from Stuttgart loan

Liverpool have reached an agreement with Stuttgart for Nathaniel Phillips to return from his loan spell in January.

The centre-back has made 11 appearances in all competitions for the 2. Bundesliga side since linking up in the summer.

Phillips will come back to Merseyside at the beginning of next month and be eligible for Reds matches, starting with the FA Cup tie against Everton on January 5.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/380083-nat-phillips-returns-from-stuttgart-loan?fbclid=IwAR1dUoLHfXz7RbZNbS_RWDbyTPrAxbnhcK0xlHe4rerbYFbL3ahrB93eQ_E

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: December 27, 2019, 10:48:59 am »
Nat Phillips returns from Stuttgart loan

Liverpool have reached an agreement with Stuttgart for Nathaniel Phillips to return from his loan spell in January.

The centre-back has made 11 appearances in all competitions for the 2. Bundesliga side since linking up in the summer.

Phillips will come back to Merseyside at the beginning of next month and be eligible for Reds matches, starting with the FA Cup tie against Everton on January 5.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/380083-nat-phillips-returns-from-stuttgart-loan?fbclid=IwAR1dUoLHfXz7RbZNbS_RWDbyTPrAxbnhcK0xlHe4rerbYFbL3ahrB93eQ_E

Suggests we fear Lovren and Matip will be a few more weeks yet

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #768 on: December 27, 2019, 12:43:54 pm »
Very sensible!

Bet he gets several games and we sell him to Bournemouth for half the Ake fee they get from Chelsea.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: December 27, 2019, 12:49:00 pm »
Suggests we fear Lovren and Matip will be a few more weeks yet

even if one or both are due back mid January, it makes sense to get Phillips back. So hopefully one of them isn't that far off, I don't think bringing him back means they are both out for ages yet.

Of course, it's a big risk having only 2 fit senior central defender, and to have cover even for the short term would be a good idea!  Wouldnt 'be surprised if he plays vs Everton now. He hasn't played a shit ton for Stuttgart, but he has played over 600 minutes of first team football for them, including full 90 mins in 3 of their last 4 games. So not like they'd be bringing a player in from the cold.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #770 on: December 27, 2019, 12:53:00 pm »
Nice. How was he doing over at Stuttgart? Looked solid very time he played for us.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: December 27, 2019, 01:07:57 pm »
Nice. How was he doing over at Stuttgart? Looked solid very time he played for us.

Saw very little of him, only catch the occasional Bundesliga 2 game.  He was always going to be a back up there as he was behind the vastly experienced Holgar Badstuber as well as club captain Marc-Oliver Kempf. But, he got to play a bit - started 7 league games, and some other sub appearances in league and cup games too. And being as he'd not played much beyond the U23 level before this season, it can only have done him good! Some decent experience for him.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: December 27, 2019, 01:17:21 pm »
Very sensible!

Bet he gets several games and we sell him to Bournemouth for half the Ake fee they get from Chelsea.

Klopp rates the lad highly.

It's sensible him coming back considering Matip and Gomez do suffer from lots of injuries.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #773 on: December 27, 2019, 01:25:18 pm »
Saw very little of him, only catch the occasional Bundesliga 2 game.  He was always going to be a back up there as he was behind the vastly experienced Holgar Badstuber as well as club captain Marc-Oliver Kempf. But, he got to play a bit - started 7 league games, and some other sub appearances in league and cup games too. And being as he'd not played much beyond the U23 level before this season, it can only have done him good! Some decent experience for him.

Sounds like a okayish loan at the least. He could be the Origi of the defenders, and kick on with us from now and earn a place in the squad.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: December 27, 2019, 01:37:50 pm »
Very sensible!

or maybe he becomes as good as Gomez :P

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: December 27, 2019, 01:39:19 pm »
Sounds like a okayish loan at the least. He could be the Origi of the defenders, and kick on with us from now and earn a place in the squad.

He might go back to Stuttgart according to the Echo:

"Meanwhile, having seen Phillips make 11 appearances in all competitions during his time with Stuttgart, the German side have announced that the two clubs have agreed into looking into the possibility of the defender returning to Germany at the end of their winter break at the end of January."

IF that is the case, it'd suggest that one of Lovren or Matip could be back quite soon.

Either way really, all good! Having Phillips available through at least part of this busy spell is a positive.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #776 on: December 27, 2019, 01:47:21 pm »
I’d guess it’s more just in case. When we beat the bitters the 4th round is on the 25th of January for example and if we get a lower league side I’m sure we’d rather play someone like Phillips than have to use VVD and Gomez, or an emergency CB.

wonder what a signing like Minamino will mean for the likes of Wilson. Both different types of player, but the former is probably more versatile.

It seems pretty obvious that Minamino fits into our side a lot better than Wilson, or at least the manager thinks so. Hopefully Harry can have a strong second half of the season to push his value up.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: December 27, 2019, 01:53:28 pm »

Means nothing.

Klopp has stated that Wilson would of stayed here if he knew Shaq would of been out for a period.

Wilson and Min are two totally different players.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 27, 2019, 01:55:53 pm »
So sounds like Nat Phillips is just coming back to play in the FA Cup game(s) and will return to Germany once their league starts again. Didn't realise we could do that but good move.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: December 27, 2019, 01:56:23 pm »
I’d guess it’s more just in case. When we beat the bitters the 4th round is on the 25th of January for example and if we get a lower league side I’m sure we’d rather play someone like Phillips than have to use VVD and Gomez, or an emergency CB.

It seems pretty obvious that Minamino fits into our side a lot better than Wilson, or at least the manager thinks so. Hopefully Harry can have a strong second half of the season to push his value up.

Harry is scoring goals in the prem.  He is easily worth £20-25m...

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: December 27, 2019, 01:59:47 pm »

What bit of Klopp says Wilson is coming back that people don't understand? If we wanted to get rid then we would of allowed him on loan with an option to sign at x amount but we didn't do that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: December 27, 2019, 01:59:55 pm »

Yeah hopefully, I reckon Bournemouth will try and keep him and he’d probably like to stay with a few other ex Liverpool lads there too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: December 27, 2019, 02:01:16 pm »

That seemed to be the price we were after in the summer. Certainly done his chances of getting a move to a decent PL and us getting a £20mil+ fee no harm.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: December 27, 2019, 02:22:37 pm »
He might go back to Stuttgart according to the Echo:

"Meanwhile, having seen Phillips make 11 appearances in all competitions during his time with Stuttgart, the German side have announced that the two clubs have agreed into looking into the possibility of the defender returning to Germany at the end of their winter break at the end of January."

IF that is the case, it'd suggest that one of Lovren or Matip could be back quite soon.

Either way really, all good! Having Phillips available through at least part of this busy spell is a positive.

Could we potentially be bringing him back for the FA Cup game so we can rest VVD and Gomez and then sending him back to Stuttgart so he can continue his development there?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #784 on: December 31, 2019, 04:19:37 pm »
Is Philip’s eligible for Thursday night v Sheffield united

Offline catinthebag

• Anny Roader
  • perfection is underrated.
« Reply #785 on: December 31, 2019, 04:23:59 pm »
What bit of Klopp says Wilson is coming back that people don't understand? If we wanted to get rid then we would of allowed him on loan with an option to sign at x amount but we didn't do that.

Maybe it doesn't feel likely because he still does not look like he would fit. He tries, but does not do enough defensive work for a position in midfield, but does seem pretty lost when pushed up into attack. His (fantastic) goals have all come from a central, midfield position and set pieces, I think. Hope he makes a big step in his growth in the second half of the season and become a more complete player, but at the moment I have more confidence in Jones making the team than Wilson.
"I want to go back to Liverpool too, but nobody loves me." - Nicolas Anelka gets self-aware on hearing of Robbie's return to Anfield, FFT April '06

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: December 31, 2019, 05:01:01 pm »

I'm sure I read somewhere that he isn't

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #787 on: January 1, 2020, 03:24:41 am »

Pretty sure that players returning from loan have to be registered in the same way that new signings do, so he would be in the same position as Minimino.

In other news, the Independent are reporting that Xhaka is in his way to Hertha Berlin, subject to Arteta signing off on the deal and that Hertha’s new 49.9% investor is keen on other new signings. I wonder what this will mean for Grujic. Less game time? Or will they come in with an off for him for a permanent deal?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #788 on: January 3, 2020, 01:42:41 pm »
For those who watched Bournemouth regularly, do you reckon Wilson is someone who could come in and help second half of the season?
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #789 on: January 3, 2020, 01:44:23 pm »
Pretty sure that players returning from loan have to be registered in the same way that new signings do, so he would be in the same position as Minimino.

In other news, the Independent are reporting that Xhaka is in his way to Hertha Berlin, subject to Arteta signing off on the deal and that Hertha’s new 49.9% investor is keen on other new signings. I wonder what this will mean for Grujic. Less game time? Or will they come in with an off for him for a permanent deal?

Their coach said he was "by far the best midfielder at Hertha Berlin in 20 years". I doubt Grujic will stop getting game time.

He seems to have done very well there. Any regular watchers with a take on him?
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #790 on: January 3, 2020, 01:45:07 pm »
Herbie Kane is joining Hull until the end of the season
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: January 3, 2020, 01:48:22 pm »
For those who watched Bournemouth regularly, do you reckon Wilson is someone who could come in and help second half of the season?

Doesn't matter either way as we're not able to recall him even if we wanted to. 

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: January 3, 2020, 03:05:04 pm »

Was a bit disappointed by his performance in the Villa league cup game. Thought Chirivella looked a level above him.

Good loan move though. Hopefully build on his strong season in League 1 last year with a good half season in the Championship.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: January 4, 2020, 01:09:37 am »

Good move for him, hopefully the game time will help him kick on

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: January 4, 2020, 01:10:39 am »
Was a bit disappointed by his performance in the Villa league cup game. Thought Chirivella looked a level above him.

Good loan move though. Hopefully build on his strong season in League 1 last year with a good half season in the Championship.

Odd, I thought he was very good against Villa and probably one of our best performers in the second half.
Opinions ey? 😂

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: January 4, 2020, 11:53:14 am »

He maybe would have got a game on Sunday but he’s not good enough for us right now to be playing regularly and looks like he’s been disappointing for Bournemouth after his good goal scoring start.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #796 on: January 4, 2020, 12:10:02 pm »
He maybe would have got a game on Sunday but he’s not good enough for us right now to be playing regularly and looks like he’s been disappointing for Bournemouth after his good goal scoring start.

Tad harsh given he’s only just come back from injury.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: January 4, 2020, 01:56:40 pm »
H. Kane starts for Hull.

seems like reports that he is loaned out just 5 minutes ago. guess the paperwork was done quick.

Hull trailing though vs rotherham as we speak.

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #798 on: January 4, 2020, 05:28:06 pm »
Odd, I thought he was very good against Villa and probably one of our best performers in the second half.
Opinions ey? 😂
Agreed, I thought he had a great game

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: January 4, 2020, 05:57:49 pm »
H. Kane starts for Hull.

seems like reports that he is loaned out just 5 minutes ago. guess the paperwork was done quick.

Hull trailing though vs rotherham as we speak.

He played the full 90 and Hull won 3-2