Author Topic: Loan Watch 2019/20  (Read 232885 times)

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Loan Watch 2019/20
« Reply #640 on: November 11, 2019, 12:15:38 am »
Like I say, it's just my humble opinion.

I rate James and Mount considerably higher than Wilson.

I watched a hell of a lot of Wilson in the youth teams, and he would blast past players and had great ability. He has stepped up a level and no longer beats people, still got very good ability on the ball. He is way off the pace without the ball though. All players have their level and I think Bournemouth is Harry's. There is no shame in that.

And at 22 will he develop much more. Maybe, just maybe he gets squad place with us next season. I would love that. But I can't see him playing for the life of me.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #641 on: November 11, 2019, 12:19:00 am »
Like I say, it's just my humble opinion.

I rate James and Mount considerably higher than Wilson.

I watched a hell of a lot of Wilson in the youth teams, and he would blast past players and had great ability. He has stepped up a level and no longer beats people, still got very good ability on the ball. He is way off the pace without the ball though. All players have their level and I think Bournemouth is Harry's. There is no shame in that.

And at 22 will he develop much more. Maybe, just maybe he gets squad place with us next season. I would love that. But I can't see him playing for the life of me.

I get it that it's your opinion, but are you reading the replies or justifications others are giving in how they rate the three players to reply to those points instead of going in cycles?

We could go in cycles for ages, it isn't serving any purpose really.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: November 11, 2019, 12:21:40 am »
Pure conjecture with no basis or evidence. People were saying all sorts of things about Brewster in the summer because he is staying with us, that he will get more chances & compete with first XI for bench spots. But reality is different. There's no way Mount makes our bench ahead of any of Keita, Ox, Lallana, Origi or Milner imo, Klopp doesn't rush players until is absolutely necessary.

Mount is good, but he isn't all that better than Wilson. At the mac, he'd have played in League Cup, the same as Wilson if he wasn't loaned out.

I could even go on to say that the only reason Mount is starting for Chelsea is because of their transfer ban.

James is the new Lennon/Walcott pace merchant waiting to be found out in a few years.

My point was that both Mount and Wilson were on loan at Derby last year, and if Mount had been our player he would not have been loaned out again.

If Harry had James's pace he would be playing here. But he doesn't. Pace merchants get games.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #643 on: November 11, 2019, 12:24:57 am »
My point was that both Mount and Wilson were on loan at Derby last year, and if Mount had been our player he would not have been loaned out again.

If Harry had James's pace he would be playing here. But he doesn't. Pace merchants get games.
Pace merchants perhaps do catch the eye but as pointed out they often end up more in the Walcott/Lennon bracket. I’d be surprised if James was classed any better than them in a few years, in fact whether Wilson makes it for us or not long term I’d expect him to be a better player than James
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #644 on: November 11, 2019, 12:25:54 am »

Conjecture with no basis again.

And if he wasn't loaned out, he'd have gotten League Cup games. Wilson would've as well. Same as Brewster and other young prospects we have.

We are far far above the level of James. Wilson has more game intelligence than James can ever imagine. Run and dive is not football. Ibe was a pace merchant. Didn't we go out of our way to sell him? That happened when we were in a worse position than now.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #645 on: November 11, 2019, 01:21:30 am »
Pace is massive at this level. He has limited pace, and isn't physically robust enough to make up for it.

Mount is better by a considerable distance. HE was last season at Derby as well.

James has been the stand out player in Utd season so far. If he didn't have the pace I agree he would be a Wilson type player. But he is lightening.

Wilson has done well at Bournemouth but we wouldn't be in for him if he wasn't our player.

I think we would take Mount and James if they became available.

Genuinely would love him to come back and find a niche in our team, the finishing is immense.

When was Mount considerably better than Wilson at Derby? Crazy opinions you have there

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: November 11, 2019, 02:47:54 am »
Pace merchants get games.

That doesn’t make them good players

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: November 11, 2019, 07:40:05 am »
This isn't making sense.

Mount and James are at bigger clubs with better players around them in teams which should be creating more chances than Bournemouth but still he's scored as many goals as them.

He was better than Mount at Derby, is a current international.

Don't get how anyone can view Mount or James better prospects. He walks in to Chelsea and Utds team currently.
He couldn't even get in the Bournemouth team two matches ago never mind Chelsea or City! Their fans from what I see are not really impressed by him and he has been subbed off in every game he has started for them. Most of the time he is the first subbed off.

Willian is miles ahead of him and was the Chelsea captain the weekend. James is already keeping him out of the international team never mind anything else.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Brooks comes back at Bournemouth because he was ahead of Wilson for Wales before his injury also and is a very good player.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: November 11, 2019, 10:41:07 am »

Pure conjecture with no basis or evidence. People were saying all sorts of things about Brewster in the summer because he is staying with us, that he will get more chances & compete with first XI for bench spots. But reality is different. There's no way Mount makes our bench ahead of any of Keita, Ox, Lallana, Origi or Milner imo, Klopp doesn't rush players until is absolutely necessary.

Mount is good, but he isn't all that better than Wilson. At the mac, he'd have played in League Cup, the same as Wilson if he wasn't loaned out.

I could even go on to say that the only reason Mount is starting for Chelsea is because of their transfer ban.

James is the new Lennon/Walcott pace merchant waiting to be found out in a few years.
You could say that is the only reason Mount is starting for Chelsea but as you say elsewhere it would be pure conjecture with no basis or evidence so its pointless even mentioning that.

Looking at the what we know the reason he is playing is because he has a manage who believes in him and is willing to give youth a chance, the same goes for Tomori. This was seen again the weekend when he gave Reece James a game who is going to be an unbelievably player a game at right back ahead of the club captain.

And despite giving youth a chance Mount still had competition. He had to win his position in the team. Barkely is also at Chelsea, Kovacic and Pulisic who can play there. Barkely was actually ahead of Mount in pre season but Mount played his way into the team and Kovacic started ahead of him for the super cup final.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: November 11, 2019, 05:12:17 pm »
When was Mount considerably better than Wilson at Derby? Crazy opinions you have there

Every time I watched them last season, which was quite a few because Harry was playing there. Like I say, my hopes for Wilson were high, just didn't and hasn't impressed as much as I hoped, and Mason Mount caught the eye every time I watched Wilson, irritatingly I may add.

Offline BigTroubleInLittleChina

• Main Stander
« Reply #650 on: November 11, 2019, 05:26:15 pm »
And he doesn't walk into Chelsea's side, or UTD's side because....... he unfortunately at this stage lacks the power and pace to be a truely elite player.

If he was from the Chelsea academy he would probably be playing every week. And the elite player thing he is 22..
The way she goes, boys.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: November 11, 2019, 05:37:33 pm »
This isn't making sense.

Mount and James are at bigger clubs with better players around them in teams which should be creating more chances than Bournemouth but still he's scored as many goals as them.

He was better than Mount at Derby, is a current international.

Don't get how anyone can view Mount or James better prospects. He walks in to Chelsea and Utds team currently.

Definitely makes sense on why he ended up at Bournemouth really. This is the worst Man United team in my lifetime and I still don't think he'd be playing. As for Chelsea; laughable.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #652 on: November 11, 2019, 05:40:57 pm »
He's acored 4 in 11 for them in the league as a winger. The other Wilson scored 14 in the league all season last year and they rate him as a 50 million + striker.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #653 on: November 16, 2019, 05:02:55 pm »
Big chance for Harry Wilson tonight, as he starts for Wales in their Euro Qualifier vs Azerbaijan.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #654 on: November 16, 2019, 05:37:33 pm »
Goal and an assist so far for Harry Wilson.

Assist from a corner, and now a header from close in after James' shot hit the crossbar.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: November 16, 2019, 05:48:36 pm »
Definitely makes sense on why he ended up at Bournemouth really. This is the worst Man United team in my lifetime and I still don't think he'd be playing. As for Chelsea; laughable.

He's better than Mount and Mount walks in to the team.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #656 on: November 16, 2019, 06:32:47 pm »
You could say that is the only reason Mount is starting for Chelsea but as you say elsewhere it would be pure conjecture with no basis or evidence so its pointless even mentioning that.

Looking at the what we know the reason he is playing is because he has a manage who believes in him and is willing to give youth a chance, the same goes for Tomori. This was seen again the weekend when he gave Reece James a game who is going to be an unbelievably player a game at right back ahead of the club captain.

And despite giving youth a chance Mount still had competition. He had to win his position in the team. Barkely is also at Chelsea, Kovacic and Pulisic who can play there. Barkely was actually ahead of Mount in pre season but Mount played his way into the team and Kovacic started ahead of him for the super cup final.

Mount had to win nothing. Barkley was given chances in previous seasons and did nothing of worth. Pre-season does not denote First XI for an team, there are a number of reasons why a pre-season team is selected. Also Pulisic was slowly eased in to get adjusted to the league. Mount had already played for Lampard, so as per comfort level and the transfer ban combined, it's plain obvious why Mount was a shoe-in for Lampard.

Also, all of Mount, Kovacic and Pulisic can play in one single lineup, it's not as if they're all competing for one position.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #657 on: November 16, 2019, 06:36:48 pm »

You have Willian at Chelsea, who is washed up. If Lampard had Wilson, he'd most definitely start him - why? He knows him well from Derby days. Second, Wilson is versatile, Lampard trained him in 2 positions last season and third, Wilson is one for future, so he'd be better off playing him along with the likes of Mount, Tomori and Abraham rather than persist with Willian who is on and off and is going to wither away in some time.

He starts at Man United too imo, James is fast, but Wilson is better at everything else. Plus Wilson can also play 8 or 10, positions where Man United are struggling to play decent players now.

They don't 'need' him, that's why he landed at Bournemouth, but they're likely to use him if they had him.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:45:05 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: November 17, 2019, 01:25:57 pm »
Mount had to win nothing. Barkley was given chances in previous seasons and did nothing of worth. Pre-season does not denote First XI for an team, there are a number of reasons why a pre-season team is selected. Also Pulisic was slowly eased in to get adjusted to the league. Mount had already played for Lampard, so as per comfort level and the transfer ban combined, it's plain obvious why Mount was a shoe-in for Lampard.

Also, all of Mount, Kovacic and Pulisic can play in one single lineup, it's not as if they're all competing for one position.
Abraham was given chances in previous seasons also and done nothing yet Lampard played him. All the previous seasons nonsense goes out the window with a new manager.

Tomori had also played for Lampard last season. Was he a shoe in for Lampard also? No he wasn't, just like Mount he had to win his place in the team.

No coincidence that both of these players are both getting picked for England as is Barkely while Lallana who you championed isnt even in the squad. These are talented players who have fought to earn their place in the Chelsea team and because of their performances on the pitch for Chelsea are now starting for England.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #659 on: November 17, 2019, 01:32:51 pm »
Abraham was given chances in previous seasons also and done nothing yet Lampard played him. All the previous seasons nonsense goes out the window with a new manager.

Abraham had played 53 minutes prior to this season for Chelsea in the 15/16 season.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: November 17, 2019, 01:44:51 pm »
Abraham had played 53 minutes prior to this season for Chelsea in the 15/16 season.
Correct but he was also on loan at Swansea in the Premier league in 17/18 where he failed to impress.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: November 17, 2019, 02:23:18 pm »

Tomori had also played for Lampard last season. Was he a shoe in for Lampard also? No he wasn't, just like Mount he had to win his place in the team.

No coincidence that both of these players are both getting picked for England as is Barkely while Lallana who you championed isnt even in the squad. These are talented players who have fought to earn their place in the Chelsea team and because of their performances on the pitch for Chelsea are now starting for England.
William washed up? The same William who was on the pitch playing for Brazil vs Argentina two days ago? Or who was on the pitch for Brazil during the summer when they won the copa America. He has made over 30 appearances in each of his last 5 seasons at Chelsea and he captained the team in their last league game.

Barca and Juventus are linked with signing him for next summer but Lampard had been singing his praises for his off the ball intensity, something you yourself said Wilson struggles with, and wants him offered a new contract. Not only would Wilson not get in ahead of William but he would be behind Pedro also.

For James vs Wilson there is a debate to be had but James is rated higher with the international team.

At Bournemouth I am interested to see what happened when Brooks returns as it appears Wilson place in the team is the only one up for grabs for him.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2019, 08:56:27 pm »
You say that's but he's back been keeping their player of the year of last season  out of the team, Brooks or not he will start the majority of games.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:58:15 pm by Coolie High »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2019, 09:18:48 pm »

What are you talking about here? Lallana is nowhere in my recent posts in this topic and how relevant is he in this discussion? He's not even a regular at Liverpool now, was a good player in his peak, is past his best and has had injuries and been in and out, so why would he be in the England squad? Barkley is hardly a world beater.

Tomori is a shoe-in of course for Lampard. Who are his competitors for his position? In fact, even Zouma (who is not that good) is playing for Chelsea. Rudiger has been injured for a while as well. Whom has he actually fought off to win his place? Let me see..

When has Abraham been given chances at Chelsea as he is being given now? I must have missed that season. I only knew the seasons where he was loaned out just like the gazillion other Chelsea youngsters.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #664 on: November 17, 2019, 09:34:30 pm »
William washed up? The same William who was on the pitch playing for Brazil vs Argentina two days ago? Or who was on the pitch for Brazil during the summer when they won the copa America. He has made over 30 appearances in each of his last 5 seasons at Chelsea and he captained the team in their last league game.

Barca and Juventus are linked with signing him for next summer but Lampard had been singing his praises for his off the ball intensity, something you yourself said Wilson struggles with, and wants him offered a new contract. Not only would Wilson not get in ahead of William but he would be behind Pedro also.

For James vs Wilson there is a debate to be had but James is rated higher with the international team.

At Bournemouth I am interested to see what happened when Brooks returns as it appears Wilson place in the team is the only one up for grabs for him.

'Willian' has had mixed seasons overall in his tenure with Chelsea. Appearances alone don't dictate performance levels. He has had some good seasons and some bad ones and regardless of his temporary form, he is 31 now and is a wide player whose pace is expected to diminish significantly as has been the trend for quick players playing wide, which matters because his main traits are pace and his technique on low crosses/distance shooting. If captaining a side is a huge achievement, then isn't Ashley Young Man United's captain? Says zilch about the quality of the player.

Also, the regulars in attack for Brazil in Copa America were Neres, Everton, Firmino and Jesus (he was selected wide ahead of Willian). Willian played a grand total of 87 minutes in Copa America all games put together, which is the equivalent of 1 game really.

Wilson at 22 is no slouch, scoring for Wales and is a regular for them.

The fact that Juventus were interested in Willian says nothing. They were interested in the likes of Can and Rabiot, who're warming the bench, with Can playing here & there. They're playing an aged Khedira more regularly than one would imagine. Same applies to Barcelona. They got Malcom a year ago and see what happened there. 

Regardless, he isn't the future. Wilson is one of the future, just like the other young players Lampard has preferred this season.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: November 18, 2019, 04:10:26 pm »
You say that's but he's back been keeping their player of the year of last season  out of the team, Brooks or not he will start the majority of games.
Fraser was their player of the season last season. He doesn't even play on the same side of the pitch as Wilson. Fraser didn't start 4 league games and for them Solanke came into the side.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: November 18, 2019, 05:29:00 pm »
Fraser was their player of the season last season. He doesn't even play on the same side of the pitch as Wilson. Fraser didn't start 4 league games and for them Solanke came into the side.

And Fraser was not getting games because of a contract dispute.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: November 18, 2019, 06:20:26 pm »
We just don't know do we. That's the thing with young players. Things fall for them, be it injuries, transfer bans, a manager who takes a shine to them, a loan that works out brilliantly, an opportunity they take with 2 hands. For others, it doesn't work out. The margins are so fine, the competition for places so fierce that it's impossible to know how one player would fare somewhere else. The alternative view is that the cream rises to the top but I suspect a multitude of factors come into it in reality.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #668 on: November 27, 2019, 11:04:42 am »
Jurgen Klinsmann has just been appointed manager at Hertha Berlin, where Marko Grujic is on loan.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #669 on: November 27, 2019, 12:12:52 pm »
Can Wilson play against us for Bournemouth?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: November 27, 2019, 12:13:04 pm »

No

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #671 on: November 27, 2019, 12:14:21 pm »

Not Bournemouth or any other team this season either.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: November 30, 2019, 04:56:39 pm »
Harry Wilson scores both of Bournemouth's goals against Spurs.

Online macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #673 on: November 30, 2019, 06:29:52 pm »

No.
But Ibe can as he is no longer cup tied.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #674 on: November 30, 2019, 06:37:08 pm »
No.
But Ibe can as he is no longer cup tied.
Doesn't Ibe have a dislocated shoulder though?

I'm happy for Wilson, he had a good game from the glimpses I saw when my Liverpool stream was freezing...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: November 30, 2019, 06:41:06 pm »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: November 30, 2019, 07:29:51 pm »
6 in 13 for Harry now. He has a better goal per minute ratio this season than anyone else in the division who's played 500 minutes, apart from Vardy, Aguero and Abraham.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #677 on: November 30, 2019, 07:35:41 pm »
Wilson should be nailed on to get double figures for Bournemouth at least which means we can either cash in next summer or use him as a key part of the squad.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #678 on: November 30, 2019, 09:42:54 pm »
Drifts in and out of games.

etc.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: November 30, 2019, 09:53:53 pm »
Level on league goals with Mo and 2 more than Bobby! ;D