Author Topic: LC: Liv 3 vs 3 Lei Vardy 10’ 13’ Ox 19’ Mad34’ Jota 68 Taki 90+4’ (5-4 pens)  (Read 37118 times)

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
I'm not saying that people aren't allowed to be upset or that I think that any chant should be acceptable but it does make me laugh people getting upset over fans singing mean songs. We've sang plenty of our own over the years. It's the nature of us being who we are there's tons of songs to go for about us

I thought it was great that there seemed to be such a good loud atmosphere to a League Cup tie and it made all the more satisfying when we beat the daft bastards.

I am not sure if upset is the right world. More a case of bewildered at just how thick their fanbase is (or at least the vocal segments of it). We expect it from the knuckledragger Soccer AM fuckwits from the usual clubs, who have been singing these things for decades like they΄re the most original chants in the world. It confuses when the likes of Newcastle or Wolves sing it, but its unfortunately expected.

But I think it hits home with Leicester for a couple of reasons:

.The city itself is very poor
.The city itself is Labour - so very much a political ally
.We have no history of animosity or rivalry with Leicester whatsoever (in fact you΄d be hard pressed to find many reds who were not cheering them onto to their league victory)

But not just that, it was the sheer array of little-club chants coming from their end.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Just seen the morton challenge, have to say its a red for me that

Great contribution to the thread, mate. Merry Christmas
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

:D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just did a bit of freeze-framing on the pens and it looks in real time like Kelleher is way off his line for both of the saves.  A little bit of freeze framing though and you can see he times his movement to absolute perfection each time, it really is hugely impressive.
Indeed! I thought so too!!
It's very impressive how he is able to make the goal smaller whilst keeping his foot on the line. I wonder is that something they have worked on?

Offline MH41

• Kopite
utterly glorious that we beat them the way we did. I was of a mindset pre match that actually I wouldn’t have cared much if we went out of this game on the basis of saving ourselves for the league games but we’ll boy I was wrong indeed. That felt brilliant that! Given our starting 11 v theirs, not surprised in the way we started but players sometimes have to learn the hard way and that would have been some education for sure and especially with the likes of Vardy and co prowling about.

It’s a shame the ref can’t book the keeper for those types of antics really, am sure that would have put an end to that.
I thought he could? And I too was wishing he would. A yellow card for the first instance puts an immediate end to his antics.
For every penalty, he dropped the ball beside him, and made every Liverpool player walk towards him, get the ball, and then walk back to the penalty spot.
Jota didn't do that. He just waited at the penalty spot for the ball to be given to him! 🤣 Brilliant!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Just as an aside to the Leicester shenanigans, I thought Ox looked absolutely superb. Very sharp, passing was brilliant, as was his dribbling. Great option for the squad.

Great to see Bobby back and looking great, too. Probably my favourite ever (non Stevie) player.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Just as an aside to the Leicester shenanigans, I thought Ox looked absolutely superb. Very sharp, passing was brilliant, as was his dribbling. Great option for the squad.

Great to see Bobby back and looking great, too. Probably my favourite ever (non Stevie) player.

That quick burst of extra pace I thought he'd lost, was back last night. Love the lad, tbf.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
Did anyone miss VAR.....I certainly didn't!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
;D Was laughing my head off. Well in Jota.

"Let's be 'avin' you!"

Touch of Suarez there
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
great game...what a comeback!
Want to see more of taki, ox in coming month
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Sorry mate, have you got the guidelines to what is deemed an acceptable contribution and I’ll give it a read 👍

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Even though he was caught out several times, I thought Koumetio looked pretty decent for a 19 year old centre half. Games like tonight will show him where he needs to work on his game. Playing against first team players is so much harder than the U23 level.

He won’t develop if he isn’t tested in games like tonight. I know that most people will think he’s not ready but I like the way Klopp tries out young players in order to help their development.
A loan spell might help also.

When Konate came on you could see the difference in class. You could also sense that Gomez felt more comfortable. In fact I thought Konate was our best player tonight with Keita and Jota not far behind.
Agreed. I think the goals conceded were more to dishevelled shape of the entire team than anything else. A bit like against Spurs on Sunday.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not saying that people aren't allowed to be upset or that I think that any chant should be acceptable but it does make me laugh people getting upset over fans singing mean songs. We've sang plenty of our own over the years. It's the nature of us being who we are there's tons of songs to go for about us

I thought it was great that there seemed to be such a good loud atmosphere to a League Cup tie and it made all the more satisfying when we beat the daft bastards.
I agree with this. If you're going to Anfield regularly I don't think you're suffering the effects of poverty or needing to use a food bank either given the price of the tickets nowadays.

Clearly stuff we get from United, Chelsea and City amongst a few others is just disgusting but the feed the scousers song is just one of those things- none of the people singing about it actually think poverty and hunger is funny, probably a lot of them aren't even Tories, it's a song football fans know they're going to sing when they come to Anfield to get a rise out of us. Yesterday they got a rise out of us but perhaps not the one they wanted as we used it as fuel to get the atmosphere going. But the reactions on social media are a bit over the top, bordering on being a tad precious IMO. Its a shit stupid song. It's also football which has always been full of shit stupid songs, many of which we've sang gladly. We're not going to get political correctness from a few thousand mostly young blokes on a jolly to Liverpool on a Wednesday night.

Are we going to get lectured all over social media next time we sing Manchester is full of shit for talking down a fellow northern powerhouse who suffered social decay in the 1980s. 'How Tory of them to sing that', they'll cry. Will "we'll take you two by two and we'll kick fuck out of you" be deemed unnecessary, overly aggressive and triggering, and against the spirit of being a family club? I hope not, because football will become very boring very fast.

It's a predictable, unimaginative and overall shit song. We reacted to it in the stands exactly how we should have done. That's how you react, give them something back and then inspire the team to beat them. Makes it all the more fun when you get the result.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 11:54:38 am by alonsoisared »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Yeah, it is really. No intent to injure of course, but intent has noting to do with it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I am not sure if upset is the right world. More a case of bewildered at just how thick their fanbase is (or at least the vocal segments of it). We expect it from the knuckledragger Soccer AM fuckwits from the usual clubs, who have been singing these things for decades like they΄re the most original chants in the world. It confuses when the likes of Newcastle or Wolves sing it, but its unfortunately expected.

But I think it hits home with Leicester for a couple of reasons:

.The city itself is very poor
.The city itself is Labour - so very much a political ally
.We have no history of animosity or rivalry with Leicester whatsoever (in fact you΄d be hard pressed to find many reds who were not cheering them onto to their league victory)

But not just that, it was the sheer array of little-club chants coming from their end.
I'd agree with you there. "Upset" is the wrong word. For me, it's difficult to be upset by witnessing thousands of opposition 'fans' outing themselves as 24 carat, solid gold, brainless, classless morons.

It's a breathtaking lack of self awareness. The breathtaking lack of wider awareness and a basic lack of any kind of intelligence or humour that makes them look stupid, not us. Ok, seeing others making a holy show of themselves is often uncomfortable, and I could cringe for many away ends that turn up at Anfield, but I'm more likely to pity them than be upset by them.

I'd say bewilderment, as you suggested, is more apt. I mean how do so many people become so dumbed down and collectively moronic? It makes your toes curl listening to them. They don't seem able to help themselves though and actually seem to delight in embarrassing themselves. Strange, strange people.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
He’s getting there. He is quick and has a good shot. He just needs to occasionally slow down or pass but that will come if he gets more match time.

I had to laugh when he broke through their back line late on but couldn't slow down in time to get his shot off and ended up in the advertising hoardings. Obviously taking the referees' directive not to "stop deliberately" seriously.  ;D

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Yeah, it is really. No intent to injure of course, but intent has noting to do with it.

No intent, just a bit over zealous, could have been a leg breaker though if Ricardo's leg had taken the full brunt of the challenge though

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
No intent, just a bit over zealous, could have been a leg breaker though if Ricardo's leg had taken the full brunt of the challenge though

Well, if Ricardo had left his leg planted to ensure he got it broken, maybe the ref would have been able to give a red card. That's how it works, isn't it?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Well, if Ricardo had left his leg planted to ensure he got it broken, maybe the ref would have been able to give a red card. That's how it works, isn't it?

Only if you are an England captain.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Only if you're a shite referee

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I had mixed feelings about winning this game before kickoff and during the game especially early on. I was not bothered that much that they were leading 2-0 at that time. I thought the Semi Final 2 legs were a good riddance. Not that I don't want to win the Cup, but just that the journey is exhausting without unlimited funds and having to concentrate on the PL and CL with a tight schedule is a big ask. The PL fucked us by not postponing any fixture for us and with our COVID absentees and with AFCON coming, it doesn't help us.

However, after we won in the manner we did, I'm pumped up and want to see this amazing squad and staff do as much as we can in the circumstances we are in.

Currently, our Fixture List stands like this

26th Dec Sunday Leeds (H) - PL
28th Dec Tuesday Leicester (A) - PL
2nd Jan Sunday Chelsea (A) - PL
4th Jan Tuesday Arsenal (A) - LC
9th Jan Sunday Shrewsbury (H) - FAC
11th Jan Tuesday Arsenal (H) - LC
15th Jan Saturday Brentford (H) - PL

I read that Salah could stay until the Chelsea fixture, which would help. But we still have 3 combinations of Sunday-Tuesday games which is madness. We need to rotate heavily and have to pick and choose where we are going strong, where we are loosening a bit and where we are completely going 2nd/3rd string.

I would go like this - weakened lineup against Leeds, go strong against Leicester and Chelsea, slightly weakened lineup against Arsenal, completely 2nd/3rd string team for Shrewsbury and then go full-strength (without Salah and Mane) against Arsenal and Brentford.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

It was, he got away with one for sure.

But fuck it, if there was a team who deserved some refereeing luck it was Liverpool!

And considering the line ups both teams put out, Leicester shouldn’t have needed the help.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
"Let's be 'avin' you!"

Touch of Suarez there

Top,top shithousery.

As Paul Merson might say.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks to whoever put this Klopp interview up, its a really good listen.
https://twitter.com/ViaplayFotball/status/1473783906268758023?s=20

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Looks like Leeds game is postponed..

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
The fixture pile-up is certainly a headache, but..

Ladies and gentlemen, the quadruple is still well and truly on.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
I'd agree with you there. "Upset" is the wrong word. For me, it's difficult to be upset by witnessing thousands of opposition 'fans' outing themselves as 24 carat, solid gold, brainless, classless morons.

It's a breathtaking lack of self awareness. The breathtaking lack of wider awareness and a basic lack of any kind of intelligence or humour that makes them look stupid, not us. Ok, seeing others making a holy show of themselves is often uncomfortable, and I could cringe for many away ends that turn up at Anfield, but I'm more likely to pity them than be upset by them.

I'd say bewilderment, as you suggested, is more apt. I mean how do so many people become so dumbed down and collectively moronic? It makes your toes curl listening to them. They don't seem able to help themselves though and actually seem to delight in embarrassing themselves. Strange, strange people.
Definitely this. I think we're more frustrated by the ignorance than the intended insult - mainly because Liverpool as a city has grown so much in stature and outlook in the decades since the Tories tried to wipe it off the map.

The fact that many of the 'fans' who sing so many songs about us are from cities with no redeeming features (and regularly voted amongst the worst places to live in the UK) makes it even more bizarre. The likes of Leicester, Wolverhampton, Burnley, and Watford are cultural wastelands, packed full of the sort of moronic inbred fans that make this country an embarrassment at times.

I feel more pity for the travelling fans than any anger - why so much energy put into so much negativity when they could be singing about their own players, manager, or city - or indeed anything that might make them look like true football supporters instead of small-time, narrow-minded dickheads.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 01:34:52 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
If only there was some sort of mechanism in place that would have allowed them to bring him off, and maybe send someone else on in his place??

;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Maddison waxing lyrical about us.

https://youtu.be/lYbH89_X414?t=38

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
When are clubs going to stop singing anti Gerrard songs? Suppose it does the running in Villa games too? Yet it doesn't bother me. I just laugh. Since then we won the league and European Cup and Gerrard has now left and won the league with Rangers. So clubs are singing an ancient song that has nothing to do with the here and now. I don't think Rogers want that being sung either. At the same time these fans were jumping for joy when he scored a winner for England etc, sure they wouldn't want any anti Gerrard songs when he played for England

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
When are clubs going to stop singing anti Gerrard songs? Suppose it does the running in Villa games too? Yet it doesn't bother me. I just laugh. Since then we won the league and European Cup and Gerrard has now left and won the league with Rangers. So clubs are singing an ancient song that has nothing to do with the here and now. I don't think Rogers want that being sung either. At the same time these fans were jumping for joy when he scored a winner for England etc, sure they wouldn't want any anti Gerrard songs when he played for England

It makes no sense mate. There was only one club which benefited from us not winning the league that season, so all the other clubs singing that song only shows the small time nature of the fans indulging in it. They think it riles us, but we have moved on, won stuff, Gerrard has retired as a player and has even won a league title as manager, and instead of being proud that their country has produced one of the finest midfielders of the last 20 years, they are too focused in indulging in tribalism. This is one of the reasons why England hardly win anything, there is just too much tribalism and rivalry within their set-up and the fans and it won't change in the near future.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
Sorry mate, have you got the guidelines to what is deemed an acceptable contribution and I’ll give it a read 👍

Usually some detail regarding how you've reached your conclusion that this is a red card offence.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Usually some detail regarding how you've reached your conclusion that this is a red card offence.

I think the video itself is pretty clear to be honest mate, that's how I reached my opinion anyway

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
It's a mixture of thinking they're funny and using anything they can to try and wind us up.

They even sang the Gerrard slip song over and over which doesn't land at all and probably gets to their own manager more than anything.

"Just like Leicester your city is blue" another highlight. It was a moron convention in their end, i'm glad they had a shit trip back down the motorway.

Considering the joys and successes they've had in recent times, they haven't got much to sing about, have they? Just try and wind up the other fans instead. Another set of fans success is wasted on (like the Man City lot). Millwall wannabes.

Remember the classless 9-0 tee-shirts the club had printed after the Southampton victory? Many of the fans were wearing them during the return home fixture in which Southampton won 2-1.
 ;D

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Imagine singing your city is blue, when the blue you're talking about is the absolute shitshow that is Everton football club 😄

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."

Konate is a monster,  Taki getting better, Ox getting better, NabyLad becoming the player we hoped for.

Confidence wise winning like we did last night this bodes well.

Bring on yer January fixture pile up, we have dreams and songs to sing!  ;D  :scarf

fc

Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Not too concerned about this non red card against Morton. At the end of the day we've had worse against our lads and the opposition player hasn't been booked. And you see headscratching decisions in games every week.  Players have certainly been sent off for less.

If we got lucky on the card then so be it. I'm sure Klopp will have a word.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Remember the classless 9-0 tee-shirts the club had printed after the Southampton victory? Many of the fans were wearing them during the return home fixture in which Southampton won 2-1.
 ;D

They also replayed the goals right before the the return match, so yeah their small time behaviour isn't limited to us. Leicester seem to make a habit out of hubris in the worst possible way for themselves.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Imagine getting games cancelled when other teams have to play, even though you have enough players to fulfill the fixtures. Then imagine your well-rested, full-strength team gets beat by a bunch of kids and a few exhausted first teamers.

Imagine playing for a team at an away ground, only to hear your 'fans' sing songs predominantly about the opposition city, and about an opposition player that left 5 years ago (and an incident that happended 8 years ago under your current manager).

Imagine not hearing any songs about you or your team mates, or your manager, or anything else related to the club - in a cup quarter final at one of the noisiest stadiums in world football, when you need your fans to help the team.

Imagine having such a lack of self-awareness to sing poverty songs during a global pandemic when millions have lost their jobs, and millions more will be struggling around the world over Christmas.

Imagine watching your team waste time on throw-ins, goal kicks and set pieces, and go down on the slightest contact like pre-school ballerinas in a breeze. Then concede an equaliser in the time that was added on for your teams unsporting behaviour.

I'd be embarrassed to support a club like that.

:wellin

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago in the Premier League thread about an incident that happened to two of my school mates who went to watch Everton play down there in the 80s. They were badly beaten up and ended up in hospital, I still can't get my head around how they could do that to a couple of kids just going to support their team at footie match.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not my favourite verse of Imagine, have to admit

;D