Author Topic: LC: Liv 3 vs 3 Lei Vardy 10’ 13’ Ox 19’ Mad34’ Jota 68 Taki 90+4’ (5-4 pens)  (Read 37100 times)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Great fun that second half and pens.
Three memorable twats - Maddison was a bellend, Schmeichel was arrogant and was doing everything that sums up bad sportsmanship and their shower of fans - deserve all the Fxx the Tories they got.
Leicester is a shithole with very few redeeming features so they need to take a long look at themselves!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
Fucking great, this.

Their end came across like a horrible gang of wannabe Tory bellends and got exactly what they deserved. That's not a one-off from them either. Far from it. One of those fanbases where a significant portion think that winding up the opposition for 'banter' is the point of the enterprise, and in doing so, pretty much anything goes. Gobshites.

By the way, on this, Gibbo's intro to the TAW Post Match Show tonight was gold:

"All night they were singing 'feed the Scousers', well feast on that, dickheads!"

Is fucking right.

Up The Reds.

spot on, the gang of smalls time s#n reading Brexit scruffs
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 07:35:40 am by The-Originals »
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
utterly glorious that we beat them the way we did. I was of a mindset pre match that actually I wouldn’t have cared much if we went out of this game on the basis of saving ourselves for the league games but we’ll boy I was wrong indeed. That felt brilliant that! Given our starting 11 v theirs, not surprised in the way we started but players sometimes have to learn the hard way and that would have been some education for sure and especially with the likes of Vardy and co prowling about.

Good to see their time wasting antics come back to bite them on the arse. Pathetic gamesmanship from Casper Schmeichel for the penalties. So many similarities with his father insofar that he's a feckless, dull moron.

It’s a shame the ref can’t book the keeper for those types of antics really, am sure that would have put an end to that.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
I have never had a problem with Rodgers, although I think he should have been sacked after the 6-1 away to Stoke, but Leicester's Covid/injury subterfuge did not sit well with me and he has been badly burnt by it. Beaten/embarassed by a bunch of kids, picked up more injuries, and has lost a psychological edge ahead of the League game.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
Kasper Schmeichel: I have self-belief, and I was well coached from an early age. I am entitled, and will behave however I want.

Caoimhin Keller: I have natural talent, I make goalkeeping look easy, and I win and lose with grace.  Oh, and I can save penalties,

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
Good to see their time wasting antics come back to bite them on the arse. Pathetic gamesmanship from Casper Schmeichel for the penalties.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
Just did a bit of freeze-framing on the pens and it looks in real time like Kelleher is way off his line for both of the saves.  A little bit of freeze framing though and you can see he times his movement to absolute perfection each time, it really is hugely impressive.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Set me up nicely for the last day at work before the break

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Fucking great, this.

Their end came across like a horrible gang of wannabe Tory bellends and got exactly what they deserved. That's not a one-off from them either. Far from it. One of those fanbases where a significant portion think that winding up the opposition for 'banter' is the point of the enterprise, and in doing so, pretty much anything goes. Gobshites.

By the way, on this, Gibbo's intro to the TAW Post Match Show tonight was gold:

"All night they were singing 'feed the Scousers', well feast on that, dickheads!"

Is fucking right.

Up The Reds.

It's a mixture of thinking they're funny and using anything they can to try and wind us up.

They even sang the Gerrard slip song over and over which doesn't land at all and probably gets to their own manager more than anything.

"Just like Leicester your city is blue" another highlight. It was a moron convention in their end, i'm glad they had a shit trip back down the motorway.

Considering the joys and successes they've had in recent times, they haven't got much to sing about, have they? Just try and wind up the other fans instead. Another set of fans success is wasted on (like the Man City lot). Millwall wannabes.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
game was 3am where im at so was actually just kept updated from the livescore app

was kind of shocked that klopp actually chose the line up. and Neco at right forward

the balls on our german. ;D but hard to doubt him to be fair. Maybe he have seen things in training that might translate on the game itself

Koumetio just might not be ready for a step up yet but at that position every mistake is amplified. Which make kelleher performance even better. Think we have best first, 2nd and 3rd choice custodians.

absolutely gutted for Leicester but Brendan deserves a bit of slack. He can never coach a defence but still a decent enough manager.

mentality and intensity monsters from seniors to our youth. Really just like the boot room days.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Hate hearing people say this morning that Leicester "bottled" it. That has to be the most annoying phrase in football. Any time someone loses a lead they bottled it. They didn't. We brought on some pure quality players in the 2nd half and we already had some quality players on the pitch. Our fans were what real fans are, they were class. We were home, we have a batter team, players and manager. They bottled f**k all, we are miles better than them and showed it. But Jaysus, bring back big Virgil and Fabinho quick !

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we had started with a strong team, and then brought on the kids to see it out (and to save the senior player for the next games), we'd have the kids on for the shootout. The other way round, what Klopp did, was way better.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I have to say that this is the most undeserved win I've ever see us won :)

Fuck the Tories! Da-da-da-da-daaa! Fuck the Tories!!

Nice. High five!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Hate hearing people say this morning that Leicester "bottled" it. That has to be the most annoying phrase in football. Any time someone loses a lead they bottled it. They didn't. We brought on some pure quality players in the 2nd half and we already had some quality players on the pitch. Our fans were what real fans are, they were class. We were home, we have a batter team, players and manager. They bottled f**k all, we are miles better than them and showed it. But Jaysus, bring back big Virgil and Fabinho quick !

Leicester didn't do much in the first half, they just pounced on an inexperienced backline and punished the mistakes - we were very easy to score past in the first half given they had their best players on the pitch. The worst thing they did was not have the game won at half time - two goals is never enough.

Once we made the changes at half time we were just better all over the pitch and the Kop can suck the ball in on those nights.

They tried everything to try and see it out (time wasting, diving, feigning injury, trying to get players sent off) but we scored in the injury time their antics created.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

Nice. High five!

What?!

22 shots to their 8 and 66% possession. They were the better team in the first half, but we were much more dominant than that in the 2nd half. We absolutely deserved to win.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
Naby was immense. Danced around their midfield like Fred Astaire. Love how he draws in a challenge and simply be glides away leaving them either on the floor or going in the wrong direction. I’m particularly pleased as like, Smicer from years back, you can see a player in there despite the constant flak he takes and you are just waiting for the talent to ignite. I just hope on this occasion, it stays burning.

Top marks to the ref, I thought he was pretty sound for both teams despite not having VAR. Credit where credit is due.

Finally, Kelleher - stood up tall when we needed and sprung like a cat in in the shootout. Brilliant kid. Big future ahead for that lad.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Nice. High five!

Even by your standards that is a mad shout  ;D

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic

Nice. High five!

I only saw the 2nd half, but Leicester were completely out of it for the whole half. I didn't realise Vardy was still playing until I stopped to look for him.

They may well have been superior 1st half (which I didn't see any of) but they didn't get a look in 2nd.

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
Has our Bernie ever beaten us? Not just the banjo players with delusions of grandeur from the midlands but any team?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Has our Bernie ever beaten us? Not just the banjo players with delusions of grandeur from the midlands but any team?

Rodgers?

Beat us in his last ever game at Swansea before we hired him.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
Yes and thank you.

I stood outside the ground cheering on his fancy beamer in his glory days - still a wee bit our Bernie.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
What?!

22 shots to their 8 and 66% possession. They were the better team in the first half, but we were much more dominant than that in the 2nd half. We absolutely deserved to win.

Just felt like a game that we just wouldn't win.

Kloppo and the players proved me wrong.

Happy days.

Fuck the Tories!! da da da da!!

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Leicester beat us 3-1 at theirs last season
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Get off they could hardly get out of their own half in the second half.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I love Jota. The shithouse part yesterday making the win even better. He's Suarez esque at times. That finish was top drawer as well
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Good post match interview with Kloppo by Jan Aage Fjortoft.

https://twitter.com/ViaplayFotball/status/1473783906268758023?s=20
Awesome interview

"it's the players not me"

"if I'd known that this club and it's fans were like this, I'd have come here earlier" (paraphrasing)

"Chelsea (well, not at the moment) and City are the only teams who can swap out 11 players to play 2 games in 2 days - what's wrong with the 29th" (paraphrasing and referring to playing on the 26th and the 28th)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 10:26:34 am by Rush 82 »

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I love Jota. The shithouse part yesterday making the win even better. He's Suarez esque at times. That finish was top drawer as well
Enjoyed the last spot kick when he refused to go and pick the ball up in front of Schmeichel. The  chronic sh!thouse got what it deserved.

Regarding the crowd, " ... you're not singing any more ... " may not be the most original but it was apt last night.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 10:21:48 am by Red Bird »

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME

"if I'd know that this club and it's fans were like this, I'd have come here earlier" (paraphrasing)

That statement gives me hope he might sign an extension

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Awesome interview
"it's the players not me"
"if I'd know that this club and it's fans were like this, I'd have come here earlier" (paraphrasing)
"Chelsea (well, not at the moment) and City are the only teams who swap out 11 players to play 2 games in 2 days - what's wrong with the 29th" (paraphrasing and referring to playing on the 26th and the 28th)
I like how he points out the other teams and not just being selfish in terms of his own players and looking out for players safety.
Boxing Day on Thursday/Sunday irc is always the PL scheduling the game so close together. doing 26/(29-30)/Jan 1/2 would be the fairest for everybody.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Had another scouting of the Leicester forum. Looks like a fair few are turning on Rodgers. Can't defend leads, and no defensive organisation. Pretty much what we went through.

Having not been arsed about the game, I'm buzzing that we won after their fans' chants.

One poster was complaining about social media outrage at the chanting "it's not like we're the only ones." Which is a ridiculous excuse for it.

I get that football fans have banter and I love that side of it. I'm not arsed about the 'your city is blue' stuff, that's funny (in an ironic way). But chanting about poverty, referring to us as 'The Victims', holding plaques of 'The S*n' back in 2019... They're a shower of shit. 1 in 5 people in the UK are considered to be in food poverty. That's not banter. That's a fucking tragedy.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just felt like a game that we just wouldn't win.

Kloppo and the players proved me wrong.

Happy days.

Fuck the Tories!! da da da da!!

So, unexpected then - not undeserved!  The lads who played a part, even those in the first half, absolutely deserved this as we were immense tonight right from the players and fans down to the tea lady.

You need to turn yourself into a BELIEVER!!
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not saying that people aren't allowed to be upset or that I think that any chant should be acceptable but it does make me laugh people getting upset over fans singing mean songs. We've sang plenty of our own over the years. It's the nature of us being who we are there's tons of songs to go for about us

I thought it was great that there seemed to be such a good loud atmosphere to a League Cup tie and it made all the more satisfying when we beat the daft bastards.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?

I know Brendan gives people reason to give him minor abuse, I just can’t cause I remember the good times but I would say he needs to recognise his term at Leicester is starting to fray, they are starting to look like a team that people have figured out

Well said fella. He's a decent enough chap. No need for giving him stick really. Nearly pulled of one of the most amazing seasons I've been. I think he'll be safe at Leicester for a while. We know what it's like to be smashed with injuries.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Imagine getting games cancelled when other teams have to play, even though you have enough players to fulfill the fixtures. Then imagine your well-rested, full-strength team gets beat by a bunch of kids and a few exhausted first teamers.

Imagine playing for a team at an away ground, only to hear your 'fans' sing songs predominantly about the opposition city, and about an opposition player that left 5 years ago (and an incident that happended 8 years ago under your current manager).

Imagine not hearing any songs about you or your team mates, or your manager, or anything else related to the club - in a cup quarter final at one of the noisiest stadiums in world football, when you need your fans to help the team.

Imagine having such a lack of self-awareness to sing poverty songs during a global pandemic when millions have lost their jobs, and millions more will be struggling around the world over Christmas.

Imagine watching your team waste time on throw-ins, goal kicks and set pieces, and go down on the slightest contact like pre-school ballerinas in a breeze. Then concede an equaliser in the time that was added on for your teams unsporting behaviour.

I'd be embarrassed to support a club like that.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 10:36:28 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
So, unexpected then - not undeserved!  The lads who played a part, even those in the first half, absolutely deserved this as we were immense tonight right from the players and fans down to the tea lady.

You need to turn yourself into a BELIEVER!!

Yeah that's fair mate.

Just seen us fucked over by fucking Leicester so many times..

Just felt like it wasn't going to happen. Absolutely delighted with it!

Fuck the Tories!! Da dah da da da dah dahhh!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah that's fair mate.

Just seen us fucked over by fucking Leicester so many times..

Just felt like it wasn't going to happen. Absolutely delighted with it!

Fuck the Tories!! Da dah da da da dah dahhh!
Say it one more time for the people at the back.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Imagine getting games cancelled when other teams have to play, even though you have enough players to fulfill the fixtures. Then imagine your well-rested, full-strength team gets beat by a bunch of kids and a few exhausted first teamers.

Imagine playing for a team at an away ground, only to hear your 'fans' sing songs predominantly about the opposition city, and about an opposition player that left 5 years ago (and an incident that happended 8 years ago under your current manager).

Imagine not hearing any songs about you or your team mates, or your manager, or anything else related to the club - in a cup quarter final at one of the noisiest stadiums in world football, when you need your fans to help the team.

Imagine having such a lack of self-awareness to sing poverty songs during a global pandemic when millions have lost their jobs and millions more will be struggling around the world over Christmas.

Imagine watching your team waste time on throw-ins, goal kicks and set pieces, and go down on the slightest contact like pre-school ballerinas in a breeze. Then concede an equaliser in the time that was added on for your teams unsporting behaviour.

Not my favourite verse of Imagine, have to admit
"Jόrgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Imagine not hearing any songs about you or your team mates, or your manager, or anything else related to the club. In a cup quarter final at one of the noisiest stadiums in world football, when you need your fans to help the team.

Imagine having such a lack of self-awareness to sing poverty songs during a global pandemic when millions have lost their jobs and millions more will be struggling around the world over Christmas.

I'd be embarrassed to support a club like that.

I've been to Leicester. Very fucking weird place and weirder people.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Just seen the morton challenge, have to say its a red for me that

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Even though he was caught out several times, I thought Koumetio looked pretty decent for a 19 year old centre half. Games like tonight will show him where he needs to work on his game. Playing against first team players is so much harder than the U23 level.

He won’t develop if he isn’t tested in games like tonight. I know that most people will think he’s not ready but I like the way Klopp tries out young players in order to help their development.
A loan spell might help also.

When Konate came on you could see the difference in class. You could also sense that Gomez felt more comfortable. In fact I thought Konate was our best player tonight with Keita and Jota not far behind.

The first 2 goals were a bit of a mess all round and certainly not the fault of Koumetio. The line was all over the place for the first. Gomez dropped about a yard further back than everyone else that ultimately game Vardy the space to stay onside. For the second, Gomez finds himself out right in no-mans-land and is completely out of the game when they break. Just a bit of rustiness from Gomez I think. I suspect he still likes being the submissive CB as well, preferring to play with Matip or Virgil who take control. Was much better in the 2nd half when he had a bit less responsibility for this partner.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?