Author Topic: Christmas fixtures and Covid  (Read 29031 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Christmas fixtures and Covid
« Reply #400 on: December 27, 2021, 09:18:29 am »
Didn't Leeds state "covid and injuries" as their reason? At least they didn't try to hide it. If injuries is now a valid reason to have games suspended we should just tell the league we have lots of covid and injuries when the lads head off to the AFCON tournament.

Leeds had 10 injured and 7 out with Covid. That seems a valid reason.

The tribalism with this is also a bit odd as surely players safety is paramount.

Clubs should be more transparent and surely if loads of cases at a Club then the training ground is closed to control it (Spurs and Leeds).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 09:20:14 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: December 27, 2021, 09:46:36 am »
Wimbledon have written an open letter to the EFL on the subject, they feel they are being punished for putting the effort in on covid protocols when other teams are less good, some read across with LFC I feel....

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1475150320678416388?s=21
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: December 27, 2021, 10:33:19 am »
the media should force the PL execs making these decisions to hold a press conference to try to justify the insanely ridiculously crap job they're doing. and how they are upholding the "integrity of the game".

but those twats, whoever TF they are, will never do that in a million years.
If “the media” could get football teams to play every day of the year, they would be in dreamland.  Zero ethics, empathy or integrity, they want as much shite to go wrong in the world as possible.

I listen to no other “media”  and will only listen to ie managers interviews / opinions.

I have a healthy level of cynicism of anything in the media.  Maybe 1% i might believe. The rest is all self interest, herd mentality and money driven
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 10:34:57 am by Gray Hamster »

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #403 on: December 27, 2021, 10:59:43 am »
We should say we have 11 with Covid while the AFCON been played

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2021, 11:11:02 am »

Then have a fixture pile up.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #405 on: December 27, 2021, 11:22:47 am »
Then have a fixture pile up.

United haven't played for over two weeks now I think, might be more.

Be interesting to see what kind of pile up they'll have
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 27, 2021, 11:23:50 am »

We should hire whoever is working for Man Utd to liaise with The Premier League about cancelling their matches. They seem to know how to get these things done efficiently.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2021, 12:07:39 pm »
United haven't played for over two weeks now I think, might be more.

Be interesting to see what kind of pile up they'll have

They have two games to fit in.

Can be done in January before Europe starts.

Didn’t they close the training ground ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 12:09:36 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2021, 01:04:32 pm »
The "media" are not going to force anyone to explain anything. They are tightly controlled. I have previously explained who controls them.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2021, 02:25:58 pm »
The "media" are not going to force anyone to explain anything. They are tightly controlled. I have previously explained who controls them.

who?  ::)
YNWA.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2021, 03:57:51 pm »
you're saying media types never ask difficult questions of people running the game?
news to me.

if they don't do it now, when will they?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2021, 04:00:10 pm »
bbc:

A record 103 Premier League players and staff tested positive for Covid in the seven days up to and including 26 December, new figures show.

The previous weekly league record was 90 cases, announced a week ago.

A total of 15,186 tests were carried out between 20 and 26 December, as the Premier League has reintroduced daily testing of players and staff.

Fifteen English top-flight games have been called off so far during December because of coronavirus cases.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2021, 04:00:48 pm »
We should hire whoever is working for Man Utd to liaise with The Premier League about cancelling their matches. They seem to know how to get these things done efficiently.
Yep - Fergie ?  :)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: December 27, 2021, 04:22:00 pm »
A record 103 cases for players and staff.

So that’s an average of 5 per club…

Obviously some are well above the average, but about time it was made clear that clubs are either bending the rules a bit to get around injury pile ups or majority unvaccinated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #414 on: December 27, 2021, 04:24:47 pm »
A record 103 cases for players and staff.

So that’s an average of 5 per club…

Obviously some are well above the average, but about time it was made clear that clubs are either bending the rules a bit to get around injury pile ups or majority unvaccinated.
We’ve got three and we’re fully vaccinated ….. goodness knows what some others must be
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: December 27, 2021, 04:36:48 pm »
We’ve got three and we’re fully vaccinated ….. goodness knows what some others must be

I was more meaning the cancellations aren’t because of Covid cases but they’re unvaccinated close contacts having to isolate

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #416 on: December 27, 2021, 06:31:01 pm »
I was more meaning the cancellations aren’t because of Covid cases but they’re unvaccinated close contacts having to isolate

Yes.  As I noted already if you figure that most clubs staff would be 95% plus vaccinated then the 82 or 84% overall rate would mean the players are still really lagging at most other clubs.  I haven't kept up on the rumors but I believe Spurs at one point or maybe even still are below 50%.  So even if there are truly only 1-3 positives the numbers of close contacts that then also need to isolate would quickly decimate a non-vaccinated playing squad.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: December 27, 2021, 07:17:29 pm »
Yes.  As I noted already if you figure that most clubs staff would be 95% plus vaccinated then the 82 or 84% overall rate would mean the players are still really lagging at most other clubs.  I haven't kept up on the rumors but I believe Spurs at one point or maybe even still are below 50%.  So even if there are truly only 1-3 positives the numbers of close contacts that then also need to isolate would quickly decimate a non-vaccinated playing squad.

They have the best doctors money can buy, sports scientists, governments, government doctors etc telling them the vaccinations are safe and help. The problem is their own ego about knowing best when it comes to what goes on their bodies and the fact that a lot of them have the time and are in the age profile to spend a lot of time on social medias a has done a number on a lot of players. It's not just football players, other athletes have the same issue and aren't arsed about a relatively small fine to get their own way.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: December 27, 2021, 07:50:23 pm »
bbc:

A record 103 Premier League players and staff tested positive for Covid in the seven days up to and including 26 December, new figures show.

The previous weekly league record was 90 cases, announced a week ago.

A total of 15,186 tests were carried out between 20 and 26 December, as the Premier League has reintroduced daily testing of players and staff.

Fifteen English top-flight games have been called off so far during December because of coronavirus cases.

0.67 %, let’s keep testing though, that needle in a haystack is hard to find. 🙃

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: December 27, 2021, 08:03:28 pm »

So testing in general is pointless ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: December 27, 2021, 11:21:42 pm »

You understand the point of testing for contagious diseases on a regular basis right?

That 0.67% as you put it are found quickly and isolated from others, which means they don’t pass it on. In this sort of context without testing of players who will rarely present severe symptoms it’d be much much higher…

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: December 28, 2021, 12:31:48 am »
Ludicrous comment.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: December 28, 2021, 10:27:59 am »

Not testing is the best way to increase that rate.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: December 28, 2021, 05:13:13 pm »

Hi Donald!
You'll Never Walk Alone