Author Topic: Guess who I just met in the Asda?  (Read 1681287 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Guess who I just met in the Asda?!
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 09:39:23 am »
She was squeezing melons..

Shouldn't squeeze them, you should sniff the end. If it smells sweet it's ripe. My missus won't let be sniff melons in Sainsburys. She claims it's too embarassing.

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 09:43:53 am »
I saw this link www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=90815.0] before....

coat please ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:45:27 am by mattlfc05 »
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline Philys

• Main Stander
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 10:28:18 am »
Thought u were gonna say me then, i was in the asda doing my shopping last night.

Never Mind!

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 10:34:35 am »
Me dad saw Heskey @ Sainsbury's a few years back when he was still at Leicester City. Still talks about it now but leaves out the 'bumbling 12yr old who can't think of anything to say to him' bit.

I was behind Heskey at the checkout of Sainsburys a few years ago - he was buying nappies! I just stood there like a dumbstruck teenager!
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline overthebar

• Anny Roader
  • Barnesy
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 11:08:39 am »
did you see Michael Owen running about through the aisles?! lol

That time when he crocked his knee against sweden but he was still in those Asda adverts running around like a cretin! it made me cringe, how ironic that he could hardly crawl at the time

Offline uneverwalkalone

• LFC TV now available on SKY 448, Virgin Media 544 or e-season ticket. Happy to buy from touts.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 12:27:50 pm »
Were you his Hobbit friend?  ;)

nah, just see him at the matches.... ;D

Offline firstornothing

• Legacy Fan
  • One man had a dream:the masses had since followed.
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2006, 12:49:51 pm »
Saw George Graham and David O'Leary in Harrogate's Boots once (whilst they were managing Leeds).

Scraped a peiece of paper from the Cashier and try to get an autograph for a big Leeds fan mate of mine.

approached them and asked George Graham If I could have an autograph made out to a mate.  got it and walked off as O'Leary was getting his pen out.

Not on purpose like but felt really sorry when I think back... ;D
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing."

"He made the people happy"

Offline Peeker

• Blames Rafa for fucking up Johnson deal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Simply Magnificent
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 01:16:14 pm »
I am mates with James Beattie (he's alright for a blueshite!) from playing football for Blackburn Town team when we were nippers.

I remember when he signed for the blueshite and we were in Asda in Blackburn and James was getting a bit of hassle of these Liverpool fans. Nothing too serious, just a bit of Banter. James was dishing out a few verbals but everyone was having a bit of a laugh.

Then a young kid who cant have been older than 10 came up to James and gave him a bag of pampers.
Everyone fell silent and one of our mates said, "whats these for"? .

Young kid pipes up, "their like Everton...piss poor at the front and shite at the back!"......

Everyone looked stunned as this kid just trotted off without a care in the world!! It were funny as fuck. Needless to say he didnt buy the nappies.

I also saw El Hadji Diouf in Asda Car Park in Liverpool once...trying to reverse a Lincoln Navigator into a disabled spot!!   Fucking Cheeky inconsiderate twat

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 01:21:08 pm »

approached them and asked George Graham If I could have an autograph made out to a mate.  got it and walked off as O'Leary was getting his pen out.

heheheh ;D

87:13

Offline kingcarra23

• Kemlynite
  • We all dream of Carragher, just Carragher
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 02:47:54 pm »
I say 'THE Asda' too...people i work with from different parts of the country just call it Asda and wonder why i don't call Tesco's 'The Tesco' but i can't explain.

Sorry for veering off topic like, but i've been wanting to bring it up for a while...:-)

'The' goes with ASDA because ASDA=ASsociated DAiries. Tesco is Tesco, but people can call it what they want.

Just to clarify 'The ASDA' and 'Tesco' are acceptable and correct
If you asked me to name three genius' I wouldnt say Einstien or Newton, I'd say Carragher, Rush, Fowler...................................................................................................Heighway.

Offline Trabolgan

• Anny Roader
  • "For The Honour"
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 05:10:08 pm »
I stood behind Peter Beardsley at a cash machine once in Southport. I tried to look over his shoulder to see how much he had in his account but couldnt see.
For The Honour

Offline superste21

• Legacy Fan
  • The beautiful game!
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 05:15:53 pm »
I saw this link www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=90815.0] before....

coat please ;D

I saw that too. Surprised this has gone for so long without being merged.
Traore gives me the shits!

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 05:33:07 pm »
I saw that too. Surprised this has gone for so long without being merged.

Momo deserves his own thread  :P

Plus he gave me vital inconclusive news about his injury

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 05:33:58 pm »
momo is king ;D
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline fru

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 07:37:11 pm »
I'm always shopping in that Asda, I'll keep my eyes peeled from now on. I wonder where he lives because there isn't any typical footballer pads around here. Closest place is probably round Greenbank/Mossley hill way, but then you'd think he'd do his shopping in the Tesco on allerton road if he lived there.  ???

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2006, 07:43:10 pm »
I'm always shopping in that Asda, I'll keep my eyes peeled from now on. I wonder where he lives because there isn't any typical footballer pads around here. Closest place is probably round Greenbank/Mossley hill way, but then you'd think he'd do his shopping in the Tesco on allerton road if he lived there.  ???

I reckon he probably lives around Sefton Park, Houllier used to go running there and had a swish apartment overlooking the park, I think Sami might have a place there too.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2006, 08:30:09 pm »
I reckon he probably lives around Sefton Park, Houllier used to go running there and had a swish apartment overlooking the park, I think Sami might have a place there too.

Oh great - expect a couple of burglaries tomorrow afternoon. ;)

Offline the red rebel

• Legacy Fan
  • our eyes hath seen the glory
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2006, 08:40:51 pm »
to be fair ricky hatton dont give the buzz seeing momo gives,  an momo would batter the manc prick over 12 rounds ;)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2006, 12:46:26 am »

Didnt Sami and Ged have flats on the same floor?? ;D
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline elsombreroman

• Now 18 but check his id anyway. Potential hacker. The new Ken Dodd.
  • Kopite
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2006, 12:58:52 am »
Seen Ste Gerrard out in Southport with a few of his mates, and a big crowd of people around him shoutin stuff, he looked on his way, he looked well chuffed with himself. He was drinking Stella I think. I couldn't get near him though.
You what lad?!

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2006, 01:21:07 pm »
i seen Momo in open with his missus hes a propa chest
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Online Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2006, 01:35:18 pm »

I also saw El Hadji Diouf in Asda Car Park in Liverpool once...trying to reverse a Lincoln Navigator into a disabled spot!!   Fucking Cheeky inconsiderate twat

Perhaps there's some sort of spitting disorder which entitles him to register disabled....

Offline xabialonso05

• Kopite
  • 5X
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2006, 01:42:49 pm »
i saw alonso sittin in the back of starbucks on bold street the day after the derby! he was sitting there with his bird/wife (not sure) and he seemed a sound fella! dead polite aswell. just as he was goin he turned around and sed "cya mate" to me and my dad. proper sound fella like, he was sooooo dissapointedwith the defeat the day before and was apologising to us about it!
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."   -    Bob Paisley

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2006, 01:47:29 pm »
Costco seems to be a bit of a celeb spot, have seen a few Liverpool players (and rooney with colleen) in there over the years. On Tuesday night was at the lights on the approach to the tunnel next to dudek. I didn't realise he'd been sent off earlier in the mini derby but gave me the thumbs up and waved to my daughter in the back of the car.

I beat him at the lights and he ended up behind me through the tunnel until we got to the toll booths. So you could sort of say I've led Dudek out through the tunnel, although having written that now it sounds a little strange.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline fox1977

• Anny Roader
    • freepremiershiponline.com
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2006, 03:33:52 pm »
Dont you hate doing a 'big shop' in Asda

it's a pain in the arse
http://www.freepremiershiponline.com/ - guide to streaming football online

Offline Bootle

• Legacy Fan
  • Prove that we live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2006, 04:16:28 pm »
My Dad was walking along Peel Road in Bootle a few months ago and saw a lad walking towards him. He was sure he rocognized him and thought he might be a mate of mine or something but couldnt remember his name. The lad was looking back at him and when they walked past each other the lad tried to let on, my dad felt embarrassed cos he didnt know who it was and virtually blanked him. Two seconds later he realised it was Carragher, silly old fool.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2006, 04:44:32 pm »

you could sort of say I've led Dudek out through the tunnel

;D

87:13

Offline softlad

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2006, 07:10:43 am »
I was working as manager  in a pub down in London years ago when Alan Ball walks in( when he was at Southampton.
So I goes over to him all dead polite like " good afternoon Sir ,Can I help you?"
He orders his drink ( can't remember what it was)
I look him straight in the eye. " I'm very sorry Sir but I can't serve you and am going to have to ask you to leave"
He gets all narky, his voice goes up a few octaves more, " Why, Why? What have I done?" " you can't refuse to serve me"
" Listen pall, there's no way I'm serving any blue noses, me auld fella'd never forgive me" and walked away with him squeeking something about bloody Liverpool supporters
Made my day anyway

Offline smigger15

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2006, 09:34:59 am »
I shook  hands with Rafa at the Youth Cup Final and was star struck for weeks, still like thinking about it now !!  ;D 

Oh yeah and Xabi was behind me at the traffic lights at the Rocket Flyover, looked like he was going into town as he went up Edge Lane Drive, wish i could of got out me car !!   ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 09:37:49 am by smigger15 »
YNWA

Offline smigger15

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2006, 09:38:54 am »
Perhaps there's some sort of spitting disorder which entitles him to register disabled....

:lmao
YNWA

Offline smigger15

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2006, 09:42:39 am »
'The' goes with ASDA because ASDA=ASsociated DAiries. Tesco is Tesco, but people can call it what they want.

Just to clarify 'The ASDA' and 'Tesco' are acceptable and correct

What about The Netto,The Aldi and The Iceland ?  Funny that we don't say The Sainsbury's or The Tesco or The Morrison's........ ;D
YNWA

Offline grifter

• Merderer on the Orient Express. The Brian Sewell of RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2006, 10:52:49 am »
Seen this twat a few times in Tesco looking shifty. Often he pretends he checking the sell by dates on loafs, then I've seen him slide a French stick down each leg of his kecks.  c*nt.
Grayson Perry is a talentless attention seeking gobshite. Wolfgang Tillmans is a bell-end. Cy Twombly is a nob-ead.

Offline Welsh-scouse

• Boys Pen
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2006, 12:13:01 pm »
Met both Jamie Redknapp and King Kenny at The Hilton Hotel in Cardiff on Community Shield day.

Got to say I think Kenny had got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning. wasn't having any of this 'posing for a photo' nonsense. although my mate who is the manager of the hotel said he was running over half an hour late so I'll forgive him.  ;D

Jamie was real sound though. a top lad who stopped for a little chat......made my day! was looking for his missu but she wasn't there :'(

got to add that Pat Jennings was also there but nobody even gave him a second glance.....who are ya!

Offline merks

• Main Stander
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2006, 11:24:05 pm »
I used to work in Dixons on Oxford Street in London.  During Euro 96 Robbie Fowler, Redknapp and Macmanaman came in to the store.  Sold Robbie what was at the time a big telly (probably 28" or something) How many people can say they sold a tv to "God" Lads at work took photos but I never ever got to see them

Offline The PakoAyestaran Fanclub

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2006, 10:03:30 am »
I was walkin thru Church St a few years ago an clocked this bird walkin towards me wearing a baseball cap. I recognised her face an thought I knew her so I let on. It was only when she smiled at me and said "Hi" that I realised it was Louise Redknapp. If my memory serves me correct, I did a little sex wee!

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2006, 10:11:32 am »
I was in La Vina in town on Sunday (Spanish restaurant) with my bird. We got put on a table right at the back and who is on the table next to us with his family? Pako Ayestaran! Girlfriend thought it was a good sign for the restauant that Spanish people were eating in there but anyway, on the way out Pako passed right next to me, he looked at me and I smiled and said, 'Good luck in Bordeuax'. he smiled back and said, 'thank you' in deep Spanish barratone..

Fucking made my day anyway..
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline okcomputer

• Fuckwit
  • Kopite
  • Red Red Wine Stay Close to Me
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2006, 10:11:12 pm »
I was walkin thru Church St a few years ago an clocked this bird walkin towards me wearing a baseball cap. I recognised her face an thought I knew her so I let on. It was only when she smiled at me and said "Hi" that I realised it was Louise Redknapp. If my memory serves me correct, I did a little sex wee!

ha ha I walked by Roxanne Pallett from Emerdale a few weeks ago, I made eye contact , I should have done what you did
Quote from: mrsphilthefish on 20/10/07 at 04:28:32 PM
A red jumped up when we scored and some bluenose jumped up and said "fuck off out you. How did you get a ticket in here you fucking red gobshite?"
To which the red replied "coz YOU couldn't sell your tickets to your fucking own, they even went on fucking general sale for fucks sake. So I put s

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2006, 11:20:34 pm »
Asda? A lad with his money could at least stretch to Waitrose or Mark's surely?

;)
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2006, 12:39:29 am »
On the train this afternoon i was sitting next to Colin Harvey, the Everton legend. Probably wont be of any interest to any of you but it was quite amusing when the ticket fella was askin for an autograph and then walked off happy as larry without checkin mine or Colin's tickets...........

He was goin to a book signing at WHSmith apparently. Had a bit of banter with him, he's a pretty nice guy actually.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2006, 12:53:48 am »
A few weeks ago I spotted Ron 'Chopper' Harris with his family at the checkout in my local Sainsbury's in Frome.

Last year, he popped into where my fella works.  Started having a chat to him about footy.  This was a week or so before they played Barca.  He asked my fella how he thought Chelsea would get on.  He just told him he hoped they'd get stuffed.  Didn't take too kindly to it  ;D
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!