Author Topic: Guess who I just met in the Asda?  (Read 1681084 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Guess who I just met in the Asda?
« Reply #6400 on: June 8, 2021, 05:31:41 pm »

:D

I just thought not a lot of people knew that.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6401 on: June 9, 2021, 01:27:05 am »
Thiago getting a house renovated in Formby.

Alisson was in birkdale he may be formby now

Bobby was defo Formby as his little girl was in my son's nursery. Think he still here. Would make sense as Fabinho lives next door to Mane. All the Brazilian boys together

Sadio's in Formby, down the road from the Freshy. My brother may or may not have had a peek in his bins and reported back to me but that's neither here nor there.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6402 on: June 9, 2021, 11:11:48 pm »
Seen Joel running in Sefton Park on numerous occasions so I think he’s in the south.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #6403 on: June 9, 2021, 11:37:31 pm »
Sadio's in Formby, down the road from the Freshy. My brother may or may not have had a peek in his bins and reported back to me but that's neither here nor there.

Most of the LFC contingent in Formby live around there don't they?

My in-laws moved in quite close by and are having some work done, every builder/carpenter/electrician they've had in has told them different lines about which players live in the area :lmao

I've not bumped into any of the squad in my three months here so far. Gutted.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6404 on: June 10, 2021, 01:48:23 am »
Most of the LFC contingent in Formby live around there don't they?

My in-laws moved in quite close by and are having some work done, every builder/carpenter/electrician they've had in has told them different lines about which players live in the area :lmao

I've not bumped into any of the squad in my three months here so far. Gutted.
They do. Victoria Road, Shireburn Road and Larkhill Lane are where the vast majority of players either currently live or have lived in Freshfield.

It's common knowledge and all over the internet, otherwise I'd not name the roads. The Echo seem to do a piece on the players and their houses whenever they are short of a story to fill their website.

Last time I had a drink in The Freshfield, Trent AA was in there with his mates. In the 90s you'd see loads of players in The Grapes. Usually Ruddock acting a dickhead.  :hally
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6405 on: June 10, 2021, 07:19:55 pm »
They do. Victoria Road, Shireburn Road and Larkhill Lane are where the vast majority of players either currently live or have lived in Freshfield.

It's common knowledge and all over the internet, otherwise I'd not name the roads. The Echo seem to do a piece on the players and their houses whenever they are short of a story to fill their website.

Last time I had a drink in The Freshfield, Trent AA was in there with his mates. In the 90s you'd see loads of players in The Grapes. Usually Ruddock acting a dickhead.  :hally

Asking where his Porsche was?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6406 on: June 10, 2021, 07:26:31 pm »
Asking where his Porsche was?
Of course.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #6407 on: June 11, 2021, 06:33:38 am »
They seem to go through phases don't they?  Caldy and Heswall (Wirral) used to be popular.  A mate of mine used to live next door to Ian Rush in Caldy.  Robbie Fowler still lives there.  John Barnes lives in Heswall.  I used to see Emile Heskey quite a lot back in the day. Oh and of course Rafa still resides over here.

I saw Mark Wright not too long ago in Aldi  :D.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 06:36:48 am by Millie »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6408 on: June 11, 2021, 11:33:26 am »

I saw Rushy in a discount supermarket once. Can't remember which one, but knowing him it was probably in the back of the Netto...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #6409 on: June 11, 2021, 11:54:54 am »
I saw Rushy in a discount supermarket once. Can't remember which one, but knowing him it was probably in the back of the Netto...

haha

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6410 on: June 11, 2021, 11:56:08 am »

Was it definitely him? Always a chance it was Aldo in the Aldi.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6411 on: June 11, 2021, 12:24:20 pm »
Was it definitely him? Always a chance it was Aldo in the Aldi.
True, there's lidl difference between them
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6412 on: June 11, 2021, 12:28:02 pm »
True, there's lidl difference between them

Didn't he come way before them in the 50s?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6413 on: June 11, 2021, 12:59:03 pm »
Early pages of this thread are essentially just a running commentary of where Momo Sissoko is at any given time

I know he covered a lot of ground, but bloody hell

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6414 on: June 11, 2021, 01:50:14 pm »
They seem to go through phases don't they?  Caldy and Heswall (Wirral) used to be popular.  A mate of mine used to live next door to Ian Rush in Caldy.  Robbie Fowler still lives there.  John Barnes lives in Heswall.  I used to see Emile Heskey quite a lot back in the day. Oh and of course Rafa still resides over here.

I know Rushie sold his house in Caldy last year. It was on Rightmove for quite some time and he reduced the price. I don't know if he's moved on or just bought a different house in the area. He was on the same road as Rafa, as was McManaman at one time. For me, Caldy is far and away the premier area to live on Merseyside/Wirral.

I've seen Jan Molby walking his dog in Thurstaston Country Park too. Also driving down the Strand in Liverpool. I clocked a number plate spelling out his name so looked at the driver as I passed. It was Big Jan.

I know Freshfield has always been popular with players. So has Selworthy Road in Birkdale. Blundellsands used to be in vogue some decades ago and is making something of a comeback. Gerrard used to live on Hall Road, as did Henchoz. Tommy Smith did for years. Ancelotti and Wijnaldum also living on Hall Road this season. Gerrard lived on a private, gated cul-de-sac on Hall Road and I read that some Red won the lottery and bought a house there to be by him. Andy Carroll also had a £2m mansion on Hall Road but trashed it, leaving the owners who rented it to him well pissed off. Of course, Carragher has a massive place in Blundellsands too.

We used to see Houllier and his wife in Sefton Park when he was manager. They had a flat overlooking the park.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:53:46 pm by Son of Spion* »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6415 on: June 11, 2021, 03:57:50 pm »
Barney used to live in Aughton - about 1990 I had done a delivery and was driving down the road and clocked him stood on the front step of this great big house. Ex Blue Andy King lived not far from him, I delivered to his house once as well.

The very first delivery I ever did when I started in Tool Hire in 1988 was a ladder to a house in Ainsdale, the customer was a Miss S Cross. When she gave me the cheque, it said Mrs S Van Den Hauwe, yep she was the first wife of that knobhead.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #6416 on: June 11, 2021, 06:17:30 pm »
John Barnes used to live in a flat in Anfield above a dental surgery late 80s. Prob when he split up from Suzie I imagine. Used to brighten my day on the way to uni though if I say him :D
We are a team of one half.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6417 on: June 11, 2021, 06:22:22 pm »
John Barnes used to live in a flat in Anfield above a dental surgery late 80s. Prob when he split up from Suzie I imagine. Used to brighten my day on the way to uni though if I say him :D

usually around 2:30?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6418 on: June 11, 2021, 06:23:57 pm »
usually around 2:30?
Heh! I heard he had a poster of Gerd Molar on his wall

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6419 on: June 11, 2021, 06:39:21 pm »
Heh! I heard he had a poster of Gerd Molar on his wall

And Claudio Canineiggia.

Offline dudek05

• Main Stander
« Reply #6420 on: June 11, 2021, 06:43:08 pm »
Birkdale was popular in the 70's and 80's. Kenny, Jim Beglin and Alan Hansen still live near Royal Birkdale golf club. Gary Gillespie is the other end of Southport in Churchtown, often seen enjoying an al fresco bevvy in the village.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6421 on: June 12, 2021, 12:37:18 pm »
Birkdale was popular in the 70's and 80's. Kenny, Jim Beglin and Alan Hansen still live near Royal Birkdale golf club. Gary Gillespie is the other end of Southport in Churchtown, often seen enjoying an al fresco bevvy in the village.

While on a lunch break a few years ago in Southport (I think it was near the Spar on Liverpool Road), I obliviously walked past an elderly gentleman, before being told by an older colleague that he was the fella we had "on the wing" from the famous song.

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #6422 on: June 12, 2021, 04:51:44 pm »
While on a lunch break a few years ago in Southport (I think it was near the Spar on Liverpool Road), I obliviously walked past an elderly gentleman, before being told by an older colleague that he was the fella we had "on the wing" from the famous song.

I wouldn't call Steve Heighway "an elderly gentleman"  :D

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6423 on: June 12, 2021, 07:33:35 pm »
I know Rushie sold his house in Caldy last year. It was on Rightmove for quite some time and he reduced the price. I don't know if he's moved on or just bought a different house in the area. He was on the same road as Rafa, as was McManaman at one time. For me, Caldy is far and away the premier area to live on Merseyside/Wirral.

I've seen Jan Molby walking his dog in Thurstaston Country Park too. Also driving down the Strand in Liverpool. I clocked a number plate spelling out his name so looked at the driver as I passed. It was Big Jan.

I know Freshfield has always been popular with players. So has Selworthy Road in Birkdale. Blundellsands used to be in vogue some decades ago and is making something of a comeback. Gerrard used to live on Hall Road, as did Henchoz. Tommy Smith did for years. Ancelotti and Wijnaldum also living on Hall Road this season. Gerrard lived on a private, gated cul-de-sac on Hall Road and I read that some Red won the lottery and bought a house there to be by him. Andy Carroll also had a £2m mansion on Hall Road but trashed it, leaving the owners who rented it to him well pissed off. Of course, Carragher has a massive place in Blundellsands too.

We used to see Houllier and his wife in Sefton Park when he was manager. They had a flat overlooking the park.

I've seen Rushie running along the Shropshire Union canal in Chester. His girlfriend used to go to the gym at the Mill Hotel in Chester so I'm not sure if he lives in Chester (Molby lived in Salmon's Leap in Handbridge at the time he got into trouble for overturning a car outside a gay club :() or just visits his girl.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6424 on: June 12, 2021, 07:36:02 pm »
I wouldn't call Steve Heighway "an elderly gentleman"  :D

He is 73. How do you define an elderly gentleman? ;D

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #6425 on: June 12, 2021, 07:39:31 pm »
He is 73. How do you define an elderly gentleman? ;D

At least 80  ;D

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6426 on: June 12, 2021, 07:42:16 pm »
At least 80  ;D

Well that gives me another 12 years. I just need to work on the 'gentlemanly' bit.

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #6427 on: June 12, 2021, 08:04:34 pm »
Well that gives me another 12 years. I just need to work on the 'gentlemanly' bit.

haha

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6428 on: June 12, 2021, 09:41:41 pm »

Dalglish was always in the Cathay Gardens Chinese restaurant at one time. Didn't know Gillespie lived in Churchtown, I used to live right near there.

Remember going for a coffee with my then G/F and Bilic was in there, when he was on another of his injured breaks at the Bitters.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6429 on: June 13, 2021, 03:04:46 pm »
Dalglish was always in the Cathay Gardens Chinese restaurant at one time. Didn't know Gillespie lived in Churchtown, I used to live right near there.

Remember going for a coffee with my then G/F and Bilic was in there, when he was on another of his injured breaks at the Bitters.
I know Gillespie used to live in Birkdale when he was playing. Looks like he's moved on now then.

Offline dudek05

• Main Stander
« Reply #6430 on: June 13, 2021, 03:14:54 pm »
I know Gillespie used to live in Birkdale when he was playing. Looks like he's moved on now then.

I think an expensive divorce might have impacted

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6431 on: June 13, 2021, 03:21:48 pm »
I've seen Rushie running along the Shropshire Union canal in Chester. His girlfriend used to go to the gym at the Mill Hotel in Chester so I'm not sure if he lives in Chester (Molby lived in Salmon's Leap in Handbridge at the time he got into trouble for overturning a car outside a gay club :() or just visits his girl.
Ah yes, I remember Jan's Incredible Hulk impression outside the nightclub.

I was surprised seeing Rushie's place in Caldy on the market. I remember him saying when he bought it that it was great because he could see Flintshire, where he was born. His house was high up on King's Drive, so the views across the Dee are brilliant up there.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6432 on: June 13, 2021, 03:24:14 pm »
I think an expensive divorce might have impacted
I didn't know about that.

He's probably in a tent now then.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6433 on: June 13, 2021, 09:06:21 pm »
I didn't know about that.

He's probably in a tent now then.

And clutching all of his remaining worldly possessions in a black bin liner.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #6434 on: June 14, 2021, 12:06:38 am »
At one time or other i delivered to all of em. McMahon lived a few doors down from Kenny on the same street (Selworthy). Berger bought Beardsleys which was next door to kennys but on the corner of the next street (Lancaster Rd).  I used to see Berger at Smicers most mornings goin into training with him at his house a few roads over (Westcliffe Rd). Bergers missus pretty much had to sign for something everyday. Usually in just her tee shirt :lickin. Matteo bought one of them new houses built on the the block next to smicers a road up in westbourne Gardens i think it was called and Gillespie lived in the road off the part of Selworthy a block over on Granville Rd which was separated by the Deaf school. Used to see Matteo nearly every week in flava in the lock behind when i was goin home from either dj'in or working in the chippy at 4 in the morning. He Was with Ruddock a lot an the lock ins in there were kinda known for coke heads etc

Also delivered to Jack Rodwells when he was just a kid. Ace lad him when he was young. Dead smiley polite and his Uncle worked with me on the post, Tony
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #6435 on: November 26, 2021, 11:03:23 pm »
Think I saw Salman Rushdie in the Ship and Mitre. Might have been a fella who looked like him, but it was uncanny.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6436 on: November 27, 2021, 12:45:45 am »
Think I saw Salman Rushdie in the Ship and Mitre. Might have been a fella who looked like him, but it was uncanny.
Did you Grimus?

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6437 on: November 28, 2021, 01:40:05 am »
Nearly ran Steve Bruce over last week in Knutsford.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6438 on: November 28, 2021, 07:58:01 am »
Nearly ran Steve Bruce over last week in Knutsford.

Obviously you didn't manage to circumvent the collision avoidance systems then.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6439 on: November 28, 2021, 08:37:09 am »
Imagine the damage he'd have done
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."