Author Topic: Rafa Benitez- A Picture Tribute  (Read 71039 times)

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
Re: Rafa Benitez- A Picture Tribute
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2019, 11:56:26 pm »
I've always believed we would have won the league, and much more, if Rafa had stayed

Against the odds he had us clinging onto Chelsea's and Man Utd's shirt tails, then came along H&G. Those pricks set the club back about 10 years.

What I love most about Rafa is that his heart belonged to the club in much the same way as it does for each and everyone of us. He knew quickly what it meant to be a Red.

I'll be eternally grateful to him for what he gave me and my lad in Istanbul.
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2019, 10:25:44 am »
He'll always be a red, no matter who he manages.  Obviously the professional in him will never show how he really feels.

Can only imagine how he felt when we played Newcastle near the end of the season knowing how important the win was for Liverpool.

Can only imagine the behind the doors screams from him when we lifted no.6.

But you'll never hear of these things because the man has such integrity.

Red through and through  ;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2019, 08:20:46 am »
I've always believed we would have won the league, and much more, if Rafa had stayed

That's one thing that pissed me off most at the time when Rafa was booted out. That there were people who couldn't see that under his management we had been getting better every year without loads of money being pumped into the club. The wheels started coming off when he was forced to buy certain players because we could get good deals for them (like Aquilani) and players were sold without Rafa getting to spend the money we had made from the sale. It's when the myth started that he wants/needs shitloads of money. All he wanted was to spend the money the club had made to improve the team...

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2019, 01:23:32 pm »
The man is Class.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline billylad

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2019, 07:18:14 pm »
Rafa Benitez- Top Man X

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2019, 07:52:53 pm »
Love the man to bits. Literally cried on and off for days when he was sacked as I knew at that point the club was truly fucked.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2019, 11:17:00 pm »
Both Rafa and Klopp were managers that I admired and didn't think we would get. Each has his own way of making you love him.

Rafa really should have won No 6 for us and without the cancers, he would have added the league to his honours.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2019, 11:29:27 pm »
Love the man to bits. Literally cried on and off for days when he was sacked as I knew at that point the club was truly fucked.

to this day i remember that day and what i did... was very bad moment for the club and i could not believe it.

Offline MihawkLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Meh.
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2019, 10:16:39 am »
Honestly one of my favourite Liverpool managers.

I was in my teenage years when he was appointed (born 1990, I'm an accursed child. Never witnessed personally us winning the league...)
He was the first manager I was really conscious about and who I adored a lot. Everytime I went through a rough patch in my teenage days I knew his Liverpoolside could make me smile.
All the good memories I have of that time, many players that I adored.

I'm always sad when I hear what rough patches he has to go through and how shitty owners seem to always hold him back. YNWA Rafa, you're a class act and you will forever be the first manager that I fell in love with and therefor cemented my love for this club and football in general. Thanks for everything <3

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2019, 10:17:08 am »
Both Rafa and Klopp were managers that I admired and didn't think we would get. Each has his own way of making you love him.

Rafa really should have won No 6 for us and without the cancers, he would have added the league to his honours.
absolutely.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2019, 10:35:04 am »
Was very happy when he arrived and very sad when he left. He's class. It's taken until now to get back to the level we were at under Rafa. Good times. Both then and now.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2019, 09:22:16 pm »
Rafa arriving reignited my love of football and of Liverpool fc.

I'd been on such a downer since Hillsborough and Kenny leaving, not even the treble season impacted on me that much. 

This man though, no idea why, I just took to him straightaway and wanted to follow wherever he led us.

Seeing him in bits at the Memorial, when he was recognised by both Margaret and then the fans, my heart went out to him knowing how he'd sacrificed his future with us so we knew what the parasites were up to.

There'll always be a special place in my heart for him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2019, 09:45:16 pm »
He's a massive massive reason why the underhanded workings of H&G were brought to light.

I've never seen a manager quite stand up to owners who were ruining a club the way he did, and he probably knew it would cost him personally.

This all day long. Rafa saved this great club from disaster and I can't thank him enough for that.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2019, 09:50:59 pm »
He's not done with us yet. I'm convinced he'll be back one day is some capacity.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a Ł1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2019, 09:56:53 pm »
I loved Rafa to bits and was incredibly vocal when he was shafted at the start of this decade. The thing is I don't get the continuing obsession. A class manger and a wonderful human being but I think we should stop looking backwards and enjoy the moment.

As managers go we should thank our lucky stars we have Klopp, look at the present and the future and let Rafa get on with is career.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2019, 11:22:36 pm »
Can't believe that this ain't in here..

Nothing but respect for Rafa.

It was posted earlier in the thread, but have no problem seeing it again as it's my favourite picture involving Rafa. It also sums up what a bunch of loonies scousers can be!
 ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2019, 11:41:18 pm »
I loved Rafa to bits and was incredibly vocal when he was shafted at the start of this decade. The thing is I don't get the continuing obsession. A class manger and a wonderful human being but I think we should stop looking backwards and enjoy the moment.

As managers go we should thank our lucky stars we have Klopp, look at the present and the future and let Rafa get on with is career.
How is anyone loving Rafa stopping them loving Klopp? Why does it mean they aren't enjoying the present? And how is it hurting the club in any way? I love Klopp, he is amazing. I love Rafa too though. And Kenny. And Houllier. I don't see the problem in fans remembering their club's history? ???

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2019, 11:43:40 pm »
I don't think I've seen this thread before, I probably stopped coming to RAWK at the time and perhaps gave up on football completely. I've just read the thread from the beginning and found it pretty upsetting if I'm honest, also what's happening to all those famous posters we used to have?

His achievements with the club in such a short time is remarkable but perhaps his biggest legacy was to expose the corruption of the owners and set us up on a journey to reclaim the club. We are in good hands now but it would be nice to see Rafa have some form of connection with the club in the future.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #298 on: June 25, 2019, 12:42:19 pm »
Rafa put us back on the European Map.

And that wasn't purely because we won the damn thing in 05.

Class man for a class club. Twas a good fit.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #299 on: June 25, 2019, 02:56:25 pm »
Love Rafa to bits. YWNA wherever you go next.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: June 25, 2019, 04:04:23 pm »
My second favourite manager.
Believer

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #301 on: June 25, 2019, 06:10:05 pm »
How is anyone loving Rafa stopping them loving Klopp? Why does it mean they aren't enjoying the present? And how is it hurting the club in any way? I love Klopp, he is amazing. I love Rafa too though. And Kenny. And Houllier. I don't see the problem in fans remembering their club's history? ???

Spot on. When Bob took over I didn't love Shankly any less.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2019, 06:15:42 pm »
Spot on. When Bob took over I didn't love Shankly any less.

Shankly didn't manage teams against us though.

As I said I love Rafa to bits for everything he he did whilst he was at the Club and I have a massive amount of respect for him as a both a manager and as a person but he currently has absolutely no connection with the Club. So I am not sure why this is on the main board.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2019, 06:23:46 pm »

As I said I love Rafa to bits for everything he he did whilst he was at the Club and I have a massive amount of respect for him as a both a manager and as a person but he currently has absolutely no connection with the Club. So I am not sure why this is on the main board.

Huddersfielkd Town - beat us 5-0 in 1958. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #304 on: June 25, 2019, 06:42:45 pm »
Huddersfielkd Town - beat us 5-0 in 1958. 

I was talking about after he stopped managing us Al.

When he was asked to stop coming to Melwood because it was disrupting the status quo. Back then we still loved and respected Shanks but we moved on. Rafa did a fantastic job here on and off the pitch and will always be loved here. However I think the obsession with Rafa is unhealthy and unhelpful.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: June 25, 2019, 06:53:57 pm »
I was talking about after he stopped managing us Al.

When he was asked to stop coming to Melwood because it was disrupting the status quo. Back then we still loved and respected Shanks but we moved on. Rafa did a fantastic job here on and off the pitch and will always be loved here. However I think the obsession with Rafa is unhealthy and unhelpful.

I know ;D  5-0 though!

I don't disagree mate. I still have a great deal of affection for Rafa but we've both moved on. I can't see him ever coming back as manager and I don't think it would work. Klopp and the club are at another level now.

I'll check with others but I think this still belongs here. Ex players threads are moved off this board but I wouldn't put a Shanks or Paisley thread in General Sport.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:00:04 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: June 25, 2019, 08:00:37 pm »

You could make that very same point about alot of our managers over the years. Not sure why it's an issue.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: June 25, 2019, 08:01:24 pm »

Kenny did.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #308 on: June 25, 2019, 08:28:43 pm »
You could make that very same point about alot of our managers over the years. Not sure why it's an issue.

It isn’t an issue, at all.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #309 on: June 25, 2019, 08:59:07 pm »
...Rafa did a fantastic job here on and off the pitch and will always be loved here. However I think the obsession with Rafa is unhealthy and unhelpful.
Could you explain why you think it is "unhealthy and unhelpful"?

Just curious. You are entitled to your opinion.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2019, 09:41:23 pm »

Because:

Unfinished business & he's not dead and apart from Kenny, all the other legends are gone

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: June 25, 2019, 09:51:02 pm »
Because:

Unfinished business & he's not dead and apart from Kenny, all the other legends are gone

The business is finished and he's won the contest that mattered. Hicks & Gillett are no longer here.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: June 25, 2019, 10:02:20 pm »
Because:

Houllier is very much alive!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2019, 10:02:42 pm »
Because:

What unfinished business? We have another manager now and there is no way I can see Rafa coming back anytime soon.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2019, 10:21:37 pm »
Houllier is very much alive!

True, not a European cup winner though

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2019, 10:22:36 pm »
What unfinished business? We have another manager now and there is no way I can see Rafa coming back anytime soon.

Not for me either, I was over Rafa with Rodgers to be honest but others are still looking backwards rather than enjoying the present

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2019, 10:38:51 pm »
True, not a European cup winner though

he won a european cup...

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: June 25, 2019, 11:35:52 pm »
he won a european cup...

U a fucup

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: June 25, 2019, 11:58:21 pm »
The reason I still have him as my avatar isn't ungratefulness for Klopp, I love that mad nutter/genius to bits. It's not that I'm not thinking about the club's present and future. I just recognise and am thankful for what Benitez did to give this club its present and future.

It's not just that he was a great manager and that he won us number 5, a memory that will stay with me always. It's also the way he fought for the survival of the club, exposed H&G for what they were. The fact that the club survived and is once again flourishing is in large part thanks to him putting his own future on the line to let us know how rotten things were.

Not to mention everything he's done for the Hillsborough campaign. He's so clearly one of us. Look at where he chose to live, where he chose to raise his family! Benitez, like King Kenny, deserves a place in the main forum regardless of who technically employs him. It doesn't in any way detract from Klopp or from what the club's achieving right now, to me it actually gives thanks for that. (and you know what, I bet Klopp would be one of the first to agree with this)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:00:57 am by Robotforaday »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #319 on: June 26, 2019, 12:11:26 am »
What's the issue with a thread about one of our all time great managers? When we're months away from the new season too!

I would suggest some need to find a better past time.

Also ;D
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/8wcq9n/you_may_not_like_it_but_this_is_what_peak/
:D